[PP-F4] New Faces (Kosan)

"It's been a while since I've visited the fourth floor... it hasn't really changed much! Although, something's a bit off. I think I'll just go for a walk, fight a few golems afterwards. Possibly there'd be room in the old cafe afterwards, as a reward of course. Just remember, take it slow. You have plenty of time in your hands. Take a deep breath, and enjoy the sight." The bluenette sighed contently and closed her eyes, feeling the ice cold air piercing her skin with a stinging sensation. She remained calm and attempted to bear with the frigid atmosphere. Soon it had taken it's toll, causing her to shiver in response. She'd momentarily open her eyes open as she'd continue to work her way down through the icy snow pathway. A soft smile crept on her lips as she hummed a soft tune, resisting the sudden urge to sway along with the melody. Every thing felt mellow and relaxing... she could kick back at the moment. She could just enjoy the time she had to spare at the moment. Shortly after, she'd need to advance her progress towards clearing the game. And speaking of progress, she attempted to recollect her recent memories, all at the very same time, albeit keeping the same relaxed expression on her face.

Haine was taking a break, a very long one at that. There was quite an expense for doing so, as a given fact. Her connections with most allies in game had been cut off due to the lack of contact, and she had to admit that she let it be in spite of it all. Her front-lining activity had been held off, and she honestly wasn't sure anymore... if she was ready to reclaim her place. Haine didn't feel the expected satisfaction that she should have, even though she was confident in her capabilities. There was more improvement needed in order to join once more. And as of this moment she had thought that staying guildless and focusing more on her priorities deemed most suitable. Albeit, the young adventurer repressed the urge to rush through, instinctively. Often, it hadn't resulted in a satisfactory way. She found herself growing furious at times, when her goals were in vain. And so she took upon a difficult task which was never an easy thing for her: the ability to stay calm throughout all circumstances. And as of this moment, she was already trying hard to avoid an argument with her self consciousness. Being indecisive, she stuck to the more effective path, and had been planning to carry it through as intended.

A noise of nearby footsteps caused her to stop dead in her tracks and grow a cautious expression. Quickly she unsheathed her sword and observed her surroundings, keeping mute throughout all her actions. Her golden eyes spotted a few tracks imprinted in the snow, and curiously she'd follow behind... the footprints leading to....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kosan was on floor 4 .. He was so bored of other floors and in some sort of way he hated that this floor got busier with everyday that passed.. Kosan was feeling a little down because he didn't knew what to do.. Lately he had lost some friends including his guild leader and so on... Kosan was in his normal outfit , meaning his black , ripped cape over his dark armor... He had his hood up and was walking around , trying to find a peaceful spot.. As he walked slowly he could hear the sound of a sword leaving its hilt.. "Perfect.." Kosan said to himself as one bluenette walked slowly with the sword out towards him.. "Hey.." Kosan said as he put on his hood , to hide his white hair.. He felt stupid around people he didn't knew if he had his hood down.. "I don't want any trouble... So put that sword away will you ?.." Kosan asked the bluenette as he continued .. "My name is Kosan.. What's yours ?" He asked her as he mumbled "if you want to tell your name to a player killer.." As he turned his gaze towards the ground for a second then back to her , not sure if she heard him about the player killer thing... Everyone could see his gem so it wasn't such a big secret....

Haine jumped slightly as she looked ahead to find a cloaked player... no, a player killer to be exact. She questioned his behavior cautiously, while casually thinking of words to respond back. Of course, this didn't mean that she would necessarily drop her sword and make a friend on the spot. It was always best to stay on the safer sides of a situation. Her golden eyes scanned him carefully before she'd nod and place her katana back into it's sheath. However, Haine was ready for any situation regardless, and making any sudden moves wouldn't be wise on an opponent's behalf. "Alright then." She spoke in a firm tone. Momentarily she huffed from the cold air, attempting to cope with it. "I won't go around labeling you... so I suppose it's fine." The teenager's straight face changed, as a soft smile slowly formed in place of it. "Hello, Kosan. The name's Haine! And, I think you should already tell if you know what I mean? Checking player 'deets' is a very useful thing, yet some people still don't know that," she shrugged nonchalantly. Whilst greeting him, she readied a few emergency blades and placed them in one of her weapon holsters that were strapped to her belt. 

She swished the ice with both her feet, shuffling the ice slightly while hearing him out, since she assumed that there was more he had to say. The bluenette frowned once he mentioned the player killer part. Albeit she shrugged off the mentioned topic and replied with a small laugh, "Why are you so pessimistic?" She'd question in a barely audible tone whilst twirling a strand of her hair. Her gaze shifted to the sky, observing the clouds pass by. Rays of sunlight would beam over the snow, being blocked by a bed of clouds to hide the light. "Never mind that, what brings you to this area? If I'd have to input my opinion, it's not somewhere a lot of people like to go." She looked around the area and emphasized her words, clearly stating her opinion as there was barely anyone around the snowy field area. Most likely they had been far off to the other side of floor four, or resting at the safe zone village.

Kosan heard the girl presenting herself.. "Hello Haine.." He said as he smiled to the girl , which he though was around his age.."I am pessimistic because a lot of bad things happened to me , including that orange gem and so on.." Kosan said to the girl as he continued .. "As what I do on here , this floor is one of my favorites.. Not because I like coldness , but because many great things happened here..I mean..its a nice floor.." Kosan said as he added "I could ask you the same.. What are you doing around here ?.. I never really saw someone while I sat around this zone.." Kosan asked the girl as he turned his gaze up at the sky to see the snow coming down slower .. "I think a snowstorm is going to start soon.. Great.. Seems more people do Avalanche these days.." Kosan said as he giggled a little and continued "Want to come with me at some cover , in a cave probably...? I don't think its okay to sit in the snowstorm.." He added as he smiled to the bluenette in front of him..

"Ah, I know how you feel..." the bluenette trailed off as her eyes softened in sympathy. She was curious as to why the unfamiliar face had earned the Player Killer title. Sometimes, there had to be a reason behind things that went around. Haine knew, that pretty much half of Aincrad didn't consist of serial killers. There just had to be a reason. And there was a reason for her wrongdoing as well, but she hesitated to tread her memories back in time, pulling herself back to reality as she folded her arms together. She smiled softly as she heard him spoke, and decided to reply to his question. Ironically, she was on the same page... in a way.

"Well, I don't mean to be a copycat, but this floor is one of my favorites as well. You know, I like snow! Isn't it beautiful? It helps distract me from... well bad days. But all I need to do is adjust to the freezing temperature. By the way, d-don't go assuming that I'm anything anti-social because I like this place, it's just peaceful!" Haine nodded cheerfully, before defending herself with a little remark to cover it up. Her golden eyes observed the snow fall down and she swiftly moved to pull her hood over her head - stopping to hear <<Kosan>> mention a snowstorm. She twisted on her heels, placing her hands on her hips as she thought for a minute. "Welll.... this is an exception. I guess I'll go with you, but don't try anything funny okay~?" she replied, with a slightly playful hint in her tone to see his reaction. "Just kidding," she snorted, whilst raising a brow, waiting for him to find a cave - well only since he was the one to bring it up first.

"It is beautiful indeed.." Kosan said as he continued .. "White is such a nice color.. Its so peaceful , so calming.. So pure.." He said as he stopped .. He took a deep breath then lowered his hood , his white hair appearing.. It was really messy as he didn't really cared about it.. He didn't liked people to see his hair color , through there were some he felt it was okay to stay like that.. Kosan then added fast "And I never thought about that.. That would make me antisocial as well.. I already told you I like this place.." He added as he smiled towards her , then blush really hard when she said not to think of anything funny.. "I..its not l..I mean.. A.." He stopped as he heard her saying she was just joking.. "O..Okay.." He said as the blush started fading slowly.. "Come , there is a cave in the nearby zone.. Around 500 meters north-west..We should get there before the snowstorm starts.." He added as he kept walking slowly .. "Follow me.." He added as he turned his look over the shoulder to give a small smile at the bluenett behind him..

She grinned back at him and followed behind, trekking through the snow carefully. It wouldn't be a pretty site if she were to fall over on a few slippery ice patches that were hidden through the ground. The girl let out a light yawn, moving to rest her arms behind her head, stretching as she'd follow behind <<Kosan>>. She'd say nothing as he let down his hood, revealing his white hair. The same color as the snow, she could just laugh and say it was invisible... in a way. "Honestly, I'm not sure today. About my objectives that is. I've knocked my schedule out of order, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to get to know someone new. Seems like today is one of those days again. But, slacking is your best talent! It shouldn't matter anymore." The bluenette's face grew stoic as she narrowed her eyes and looked ahead of herself. "Hmm..." A large - something large caught the young adventurer's gaze, causing her to turn to the right.

Haine tucked a few strands of hindering hair behind her ear and looked back at the mysterious white haired boy from the corner of her eyes, smugly looking ahead and advancing on without warning. Eventually her footsteps picked up, and she had found herself facing a rocky cave, which was caked over by ice and snow. "I assume you were referring to this, as a hiding spot? I'm going in regardless," she stubbornly stated before making her way into the pitch dark cave. "Well, should we just be ghosts here, unless you have some torch on you?" she questioned. In the meanwhile, the bluenette shivered in fear. One thing you should know about her, she despised the dark... it was some weird childhood habit. "D-Darn it! Stop being a wuss. Ah well, think of something bright! Y-Yeah... just do it." It was clearly visible that she had been acting funny as of the moment.

"Well" Kosan said as he scrached the back of his neck "We are going to stay here.. Wait for me inside.." He said as she went in the cave in which was pitch dark.. He picked some small branches and such from outside then went back into the cave .. Luckily enough , Haine didn't saw him enter the cave.. He went behind her and put his hands on her shoulders saying "Boo !" As he started laughing a little.. She seemed scared , so he went ahead and apologized "Sorry if I scared you... And sorry it took so long.. I took some branches from outside so we can make a fire here.." He said as he smiled to the bluenette .. As soon as he stared the fire the pitch black cave turned a lot brighter.. It was actually comfy and warm as the fire started roaring.. "We should be all right here .." He said as he watched outside to see the snowstorm raging.. "We made it in time .." He said as he exhaled like a stone was lived from his chest.. "So.. As we are trapped here , would you like to know each other better ?.." He asked the girl as he smiled and opened his inventory to get out some sort of carpet.. He then laid it down and said "You can stay down on it.. Better than sitting on the cold floor what so ever.." As he smiled to her.. "So.. Anything you would like to know about me..?" He asked her as he kept his gaze focused at the fire , poking it with a stick from time to time..

Haine yelped as something random touched her shoulders, but her eyes twitched as she realized it was only Kosan. "You should be sorry!" the bluenette exclaimed in shock before shaking her head slowly, calming down in a few seconds. "Yeah, it's cool," Haine rolled her eyes before sighing. She'd wrap her arms around herself to keep warm through the cold storm, leaning against the freezing rock wall to her left. She'd looked to the left and silently watched the snow fall down to the ground, and it started to snow harder... and the wind blew stronger. "It looks like we got lucky eh? We made it in here, right on the line. Just glad that I'm not out there, that'd be a hectic situation. Maybe I should just stay put, maybe where it's warmer." A bright light lit the room, the atmosphere getting cozy with the warm fire being lit. She looked over at Kosan, raising a brow as he got out a carpet from his inventory. Haine walked over to him and decided to sit down on the very edge of the carpet, since it would be nice not to freeze. She placed placed her head on top of her hands and watched the fire, a small smile gracing her lips as she hummed softly.

"Hmm... well, how's your life like outside the game?" the bluenette questioned in curiosity, looking over at him whilst tilting her head slightly. To be honest, she wasn't good with asking these kind of questions. But since other's usually asked her things of the sort, she'd go along and ask them as well.

Kosan heard the bluenette asking him how his life was before he joined SAO.. "Well , it was.. Boring.." He answered as he tilted his head a little to remember some things he used to do.. "I enjoyed watching the stars each night.. I though they are beautiful.. " he added as he smiled to her.. He felt a little bit strange , probably because this one of the small group of persons that , even if they didn't knew him , were interested and such.. "How about you..? You probably had a more interesting life before SAO.. " he said as he smiled to her.. He wasn't really good at talking with others.. "I..I mean , if you want to tell me.. I can't make you tell me about your past.." He added as he got up from the carpet and said.. "And probably you wonder where I got this from.. Or what's the reason I carry it around.. I still like to stop sometimes at night and watch the sky.. Maybe some other time you will join me.." He said as he smiled to her and walked towards the enterance of the cave to check how the snowstorm was going..

"Well," she spoke. "So your whole life is... stargazing. Maybe you should be an astronomer when you grow up?" Haine chuckled as she nudged his shoulder slightly. Slowly her smile faded as she'd look back at the bonfire and open her mouth to speak. Yet she wasn't exactly sure of what highlights to mention, at least some things that weren't exactly personal. "Well my life's not interesting either. I might be cool and all, but that's just my 'swordsman' facade - or whatever you call a lady swordsman. In real life I was just - average. I liked to develop many talents so I'd be a little more interesting. I'm obsessed with gaming and music. I can play the piano a bit but - pretty much! Are ya' asleep yet?" Haine cursed herself slightly for saying a little more than she should have, regardless if it was personal or not. She just, it was a while since she had gotten acquainted with someone. And talking was something she has always loved to do. Call her chatterbox if you'd like.

Haine sat up straight, removing her head from her hands as she'd switch her position for a more comfortable one, wrapping her arms around her legs. "And..." The young adventurer whispered with a serious look in her eyes, but she'd become mute soon after, as if she was prompting him to ask "And what?" But she had been unsure if she should ask such a serious question. But the bluenette was dead on serious. Probably melodramatic to be frank.

"Well.." Kosan said as turned his gaze toward her from the enterance and gave her a small smile "i actually planned to become one.. Now we are trapped here..But maybe one day.." He said as he recieved the small nudge from her.. "And dont worry , i wasnt a genius as well " he added as he smiled to her.. She kept telling him things about her past and such , even that she knows to play a piano .."Thats awesome.. I had a guitar back in real life.. Too bad i didnt knew to play well.." He said as he laid on the cold floor.."And .. ?" He asked her as he was watching the celling of the cave.. "I told you.. If there is something you don't feel comfortable talking about , we can dodge that subject" he said as he smiled to her as he started adding few more branches to the dying fire.. "Also... You might wonder why I got that gem..." He said as he sat back on the cold floor.. "I.. Helped a girl.. She was being attacked by a guy which confessed to her and she denied him.." He added as he looked at his hands .."I still can't believe I did it.." He said as he turned his gaze towards her.. He was curious about her reaction.. She was the first one that knew how he got his orange gem..

"Oh, that's great, Stargazer!" she'd comment cheerfully. "And..." After she had mentioned that, she kept quiet with a stoic expression on her face. She'd look over at him, her hold around her knees tightening as she'd hear him speak of such a sad topic... he looked a little down as well. Haine felt furious, even if he had done the killing for a good cause. She didn't understand it all. She's been a PKer, and she hated herself for being one. I mean who in their right minds would be proud of the badge. Regardless, they were spitted on. They were an image of fear to everyone. There was absolutely no way, that anybody would want to live a life being thought of like that. She balled her fists and narrowed her eyes, intensely staring at the fire as she spoke.

"You did that for a good cause... but who do you think you are, to murder someone else's child? Can you imagine what other's would feel? I-I...If you were in this situation in real life, I bet as hell that you wouldn't pick up a blade and murder that person! It's a crime, I don't get it... How can anyone do such a thing." she snapped as she'd furiously rant, squeezing her eyes shut in hopes of calming herself down. Catching her breath, Haine opened her eyes and let out a humorless laugh, giving him a half-assed smile. "It's an in game feature? Not anymore, if they actually die. But then again, who am I to dictate your life, stargazer?" she 'cheerfully' spoke. Letting out a sigh, her eyes averted to the raging storm. She'd only wait for his reply, expecting him to lash back at her, or something like that. But this was the first time that Haine had ever told her piece of mind - let alone snap on someone. But she was sensitive when things about death were mentioned, she couldn't help that at all... as much as she'd like to.

"I know..I know what I did.. I still regret it.." Kosan said as she snapped at him.. "I.. I thought about it.. About ending my life you know ?.. I .. I murdered someone.. " he said as he watched her with a sad , kind of depressed face.. "I.. I really didn't wanted to.. I told him to back off.. He then went after the girl.. I hit him first.. I.. I didn't wanted to ! " he yelled as he looked at the ground breathing slowly .. "I .. I really didn't.." He added raising his look to see Haine.. "I can understand you hate me.. For killing someone.. No one in the right mind would've done it.. But .. If I weren't the one to end that boy life.. That girl would've died .. With me assisting.." He added as he got up.. "I hate myself for doing it.. Its not something I enjoy.. " he added as he went at the enterance of the cave and put back on his hood.. "I'll go pick some more branches.. The fire will die soon..I will be back in less than 3 minutes.." He added as he left the cave to break some twigs , letting her some time to this k about it as well..

"Th- I'm sorry... I shouldn't have -" Haine muttered under her breath with a guilty filled expression. "It's none of... my business. I shouldn't have done that. Look at what I did I-... Since when have I ever spoken my mind. I usually just laugh it off yet I become so blunt. Why am I changing so much?" She sighed deeply, mentally cursing herself. She felt scared of something, but it shouldn't have. She didn't want to be trapped in this world anymore. Things like this should have been unable to faze her, like always. But it kind of did, she hated the feeling. "It's not like he'd pass by when someone was getting killed after all. Unjust by all means, never mind that!"

Haine would wait as she observed the dying fire with melancholic eyes. After a few minutes, she didn't see him coming back, so she sat back and begun to hum a soft song to entertain herself. Her gaze was glued to the entrance of the snow caked cave, staring blankly as the snow would fall. "Hmm..." the bluenette let out a sigh and stretched slightly as she kept humming optimistic tunes, to distract herself. It was a horrible way of cheering up, but what could she do about it?

Kosan was outside , getting some twigs .. "Tsk , seems the snowstorm affects the HP.." He said as he took a small look at his HP bar to see it down to.. 5 .. "What ?! I have to hurry back.." Kosan said to himself as he kept the twigs and branches he collected and started running back to the cave.. From inside the cave , some happy humd could be heard.. "I..I hope she feels better.." Kosan said to himself right before he entered the cave.. "Well , that was close.." He said to himself as he added some twigs to the fire then sat besides Haine.. "S..sorry I acted like that.. I know you wanted to add something.. You said an " and " some time ago.. What was that about.." Kosan asked the girl as he smiled a little to her , his HP regenerating slowly from the effects of the fire.. "I..I mean if you still want to talk to me.." He added .. He felt like crap.. He murdered someone.. Of course it felt like crap.. And the bluenette right here acted like she knew he didn't cared.. Even if he actually cared a lot about it..

Haine stopped humming and blinked a couple times to see <<Kosan>> walking in with wood for the fire, but his HP had been very low. It was clearly visible that she had a panicked look plastered on her face. He seemed calm, so she smiled in place of the nervousness. "Really...? You should at least have a survival skill if you planned to take that long!" she practically scolded, before rolling her eyes and huffing. As noted previously, she isn't good when things get a little risky or near-death. "It's fine by the way, let's not mope about it, kay?" she emphasized the last word she'd spoken as she sarcastically flashed him a wide smile. "Annnndddd.... I'm kind of stuck on what to talk about. How about something like SAO? I'm not good with these things... your turn stargazer - Kosan," she nodded softly as she'd pick up a stick from the pile of wood right next to him quickly, cautiously poking the fire as she'd flinch from how close she had been to it. Of course, people were unable to feel pain within the game, but it looked so real, it was more like instincts that caused people to react to things.... not feel. Noticing his still saddened look, she whispered softly, but it was BARELY audible. 

Kosan saw her have a pretty worried face , he figured it was because of his HP , but he didn't started rubbing it in her face.. He also heard her that she doesn't know what to talk about.. "Well.. Yeah.. SAO things.. Uh... What was the thoughest boss or creature you ever fought ?..." He asked her as he gave a small smile.. "I , for one , think frosty is the strongest boss I ever fought.." He said as he added few branches on the fire.. "Also , I think we will spend the night here.. In less than 1 hour it will be pitch black outside and the snowstorm is still going.." He said as he pointed outside the cave where it was already dark , but kind of walkable .. "I..I mean.. I could lend you my Teleport Crystal and you could to in one of the safe zones.. It wouldn't help me ..." He added as he opened his inventory to search for it..

"The toughest creature I've ever fought... a-ah well..." Haine paused for a brief moment to collect her past experiences with mobs. "I've never really taken on the high levels alone. But there was this one golem I fought a while back with an ally. I called it the 'Golem Of Destruction'. It was probably a little stronger than both our HP's combined plus it had incredible HP. I hated it, it makes me look so lame, but that's history! And a frosty, never heard of those? Unless you're using another term for a yeti or something of the sorts." she started to think of her old ally <<Echo>>, the one whom she had partied with to take upon the <<Desert Ruin Golem>>, it was a somewhat risky battle, but nothing near death happened fortunately. The bluenette wasn't completely fond of him, but if they're on your friends list, they don't just site there as extra numbers for your friends list.

Kosan mentioned that it was getting dark, or already dark as they'd speak. He would speak about sacrificing his last teleport crystal, and she sweat dropped in uncertainty. "I'm fine, you keep it for other times. Besides it's kind of depressing to ditch you in a snowstorm, right? Plus I'm an extremist, I wouldn't mind it either way. So I guess I'm staying. but I'll be putting up an all nighter... who likes to sleep." Haine noted, leaving the 'topic ideas' up to him. She wasn't great at keeping things interesting, or according to others that was.

"Well.." Kosan said as he felt better "Its .. Thank you.." Kosan said as he added "Thanks for staying with me.." He said as he put the teleport crystal away.. "And Frosty was a floor boss.. He was more like an evil snowman.." He added as he laughed a little.. "Uh.. For the next topic , let's get on a spicy subject to say so.." He said as he smiled.. "Who was your first lover within game ?.. Or better said .. Who did you gave your first kiss within game too ?.." He said as he smiled to her with a devilish look .. If she were to ask him , he wasn't going to say anything probably.. He never found someone within this game for him.. "If you want to tell me .." He said as his face turned a little bit like he wanted to apologize for what he said..