Azure Brigade: Tips N' Advice!

Hiya! Your friendly friends at Azure Brigade want to help out your journey in SAO, by giving you some of the knowledge we have gathered during a whole year here! Remember, we've been here a while, so it wouldn't hurt to take in some of these tips.

1. Low-Level Exploring - It's dangerous to go alone! Be sure to stock up on healing potions. Can't afford potions? Join a group of friends to explore with. Never hurts to have a buddy when leveling up! Joining a guild would also be a wise choice, seeing as how they could protect and arm you early on.

2. Posting length - People. Dig. Long posts. The longer the post, the more respect you'll get. One-lining is disrespectful to whom you're RPing with, and to the site in general. If you want to get on people's good sides, write complete sentences with proper grammar, and make your posts longer and more detailed.

3. Forum attitude - Always be just cool with everyone. Never take anything too seriously, or get too salty about topics. Just have fun, RP, and treat all the other users with respect. With that, you're guaranteed to get liked by a majority of the community.

DO NOT ASSISTS AT BOSSFIGHTS IF UNDERLEVELED

unless you are a lion..in that case its ok *grins*

But they are pretty good advices..and I'm speaking of the original ones Keith-senpai posted. Specially the 3rd one, i think that we have enough princesses and solo players *stealthy glares at Kiru and Kosan*

Okay, okay. I thought I would jump in and offer some of my own tips.

1. DON'T be afraid to ask for an rp- no matter the level! Deep, deep, deep, deepp...deep down inside we're all human here. (Unless your'e a dino.)

2. Roleplay how YOU want to roleplay. What I mean by that is, don't just follow along with the other characters feelings, create some of your own. (Kiru does this quite often XD)

3. Be respectful~ (Self-explanatory.)

While I think length of post is important, I think depth is even more so. My advice to newcomers would be to really flesh out your character. When I was writing for Lessa, I went down a checklist. What does she like? What does she dislike? What sort of sense of humor does she have? What is important to her? Who is important to her? What motivates her? What holds her back? What does being stuck in SAO mean to her? How does she grapple with all of the emotions she experiences while in-game?

Answering these questions, and referring back to them in every single post will improve your character, and your overall experience on the site.

While I think length of post is important, I think depth is even more so. My advice to newcomers would be to really flesh out your character. When I was writing for Lessa, I went down a checklist. What does she like? What does she dislike? What sort of sense of humor does she have? What is important to her? Who is important to her? What motivates her? What holds her back? What does being stuck in SAO mean to her? How does she grapple with all of the emotions she experiences while in-game?

Answering these questions, and referring back to them in every single post will improve your character, and your overall experience on the site.

Length has never been something I struggled with, but I always felt like I was hitting the same things every time. This was the most beneficial tip in my opinion, I'll be making a checklist!

• 2 months later...