[OP-F3] Calming The Kiru

(9 posts)

"I can't even go anywhere without being reminded of it! Everything! I can't even look calm nowadays without anyone questioning it. Pathetic." I kicked a daisy under my boot and immediately regretted it. This was a flower with meaning behind it. Probably one of the only things I minded. I slowly bent down and picked the crippled flower. It was slumped over and some of the petals were knocked off. Memories of Keith flooded into my head the longer I stared at the flower. Thinking of Keith brought m job back into my head, Napalm especially. The molten lava reminded me of the potion I previously bought from Mari. Bored, I pulled out the potion. The color and thickness was enough to bring back horrible thought. I turned it over in my hand while holding the flower in between my fingers. Suddenly, a good idea came into my head. Mari said it would make you feel happy but I didn't believe that. But, there was also a part of me that was afraid of it. I mean, how would I act? I scoffed and pushed the thought away with a smirk. After some thought I decided upon the dumbest method I could. I plucked the white petals off one by one. "Drink it. Don't drink it. Drink it. Don't drink it. Drink it." In the end, I stopped at "drink it." So, I pulled the cap off the bottle and I drank it. The blood orange liquid was warm and soothing as I swallowed. Then, I suddenly felt extremely calm. I stared down at my hands and smiled. "I guess it does work!" I threw my hands in the air and began to spin in the field of daisies. 

Kiru's Potion Effects.

â–ºName: Calming Honey

Effect: This liquid helps soothe uneasy feelings. Feelings of doubt, sadness and fear. If you drink it you will feel calm and strangely content. This lasts for 10 posts. Warning: Calming Honey is an addictive substance, continued use will cause addiction
Description: This strange liquid is a blood orange colour, it smells like cinnamon, but tastes like honey? Weird! As you drink it you feel very warm and calm. There is a small warning label on the side; that says that it is an addictive substance, but how can that be true?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aeternum had been watching the player for a while. Not being creepy, just out of curiosity. He watched her as she kicked a rather pretty flower, and was intrigued when she starting pulling petals. He watched her drink the potion, and couldn't hold himself back. He left his hiding place and approached her, saying, "Hello there, fair lady. Might I inquire what that potion you just ingested does?"

He smirked, the wording was different than what he was used to, but it made for an interesting start of a conversation. Deciding to roll with it, Aeternum bowed gracefully, saying, "You can call me Joyce, may I know your name?" If anything, he would get a good laugh from her reaction.

He glanced at her hair, amazed by the unique color, but refrained from asking how she had managed to get those colors.

(8 Posts remaining until effects wear off.)

I stopped spinning, nearly stumbling in the process, and turned to the player that approached me out of nowhere. His appearance was the first thing to strike me. His black hair, eye patch, and attire seemed to clash but all come together somehow. Before I could put in the first word he began speaking to me. The male player jumped right in to the question of what I just drank. I felt unusually happy so I just smiled and responded. "Oh that? I think it was to make someone content? What does it matter!" He then bowed and introduced himself. Very classy of him. Remembering my etiquette I curtsied back to him with a bowed head. "Joyce? What a lovely name! My name is Kiru, a pleasure to make your acquaintance." I said respectfully and crouched down. I attempted to weave a flower crown like Keith did but it ended up in a tangled mess. I frowned but then smiled, forgetting the trouble I had gone through to make the mess. I picked one flower and put it behind my ear. Then, I remembered Aeternum was in front of me and picked another one. "Want one?" I extended my arm and offered a daisy to him.

Aeternum shook his head when offered a flower, and pulled a recently picked rose out of his inventory. He smiled and said, "I would rather carry those dark roses, but thank you for the offer!" He found her behavior very, relaxing, and sat down. He felt very calm and happy near her, and decided that her mood must be affecting him as well. He offered the rose to her, saying, "Would you like this flower?"

Kiru seemed to be a very nice person, and Aeternum was eager to befriend her. He sat there and smiled, pleased to be near someone so friendly.

(7 Posts)

I watched closely after Aeternum rejected my offer of the daisy. Strangely, It didn't bother me that he didn't want my flower. I was just satisfied tp have him here next to me. He opened his inventory and pulled out a rose, handing it to me. My eyes widened with excitement. I took the flower gently and held onto it tight. "Of course, I would never reject a flower quite so pretty! Thank you." I placed the rose behind my other ear and smiled at Aeternum, he seemed to be happy as well. "So, the most cliche question ever. Why did you come over to me?" After realizing that what I said could have hurt his feelings I quickly covered it up reassuringly. "Not that you are bugging me! It's just I usually don't...really. Meet nice people I guess?" I laughed a little, not really understanding what I just said.

Aeternum coughed nervously, hoping he wouldn't sound too weird, "I, um, was watching you. I had seen you drink that potion, and, well, I was curious about it." He had started blushing, which was becoming a rather common thing for him, and looked away, hoping he had come across as not a creep.

He smiled after the blush had faded, saying, "Yeah, I had just seen you, and I had decided that 'why not watch, I have nothing else to do'." He was enjoying this, but she seemed a bit odd. He felt like this wasn't how she naturally acted, and became uncomfortable when he remembered that she had drank a potion that changed her behavior.

Let's hope she wasn't crazy, or aggressive. That would be bad.

Kiru was crazy and aggressive. That was very bad. 

Keith had been on Floor 3, and now he was at top speed running towards Kiru and the stranger. His initial thoughts were that she was lulling someone into a false sense of security only to get them killed, but then he had a worse thought. No one else made Kiru smile like that. No one else other than Keith, at least. Was Kiru with... Another guy? Jealousy hit Keith like a load of bricks and he walked over, tapping the stranger on the shoulder. "Hey, cyclops." Keith said sarcastically, crossing his arms and tapping his foot. "So, getting all friendsies with Kiru, eh? Well, mind telling me what's oh-so interesting?"

(6 Posts)

As a blush crept onto his face I became even more intrigued with the player. Based on his reaction, I concluded that Aeternum was embarrassed for admitting that he was watching me. I nodded, as if I understood his reasoning. "That's okay, sometimes I feel like being a stalker sometimes too. I don't blame you for being interested with me, a lot of people are so...don't be shy about it!" I said as my eyes lit up when a familiar flash of blue came over here. It was Keith. I didn't mind his jokes, I just was excited that another person was here. 

I stood up and greeted Keith with a hug. "Keith!" I exclaimed with a giddy smile and kissed him on the cheek quickly. After releasing him I turned to Aeternum, extending a hand in his general direction. "Keith, this is Aeternum. Aeternum, this is Keith. I just met him and he is just lovely! I think were friends but that's up to his to decide. Aeternum, this is Keith, my fiance! I'm glad you two could meet. Now," I picked a flower from the ground and sniffed it with a cheery face. "Mind teaching me ow to make a flower crown? I tried but it didn't turn out well." 

Aeternum looked at the newcomer, saying, "What makes her interesting? Well, she is quite kind, and hasn't insulted me. Also, doesn't she seem like the type of person others want to be around?" He stood up and took off his eye patch, looking Keith in the eyes. He smirked, saying, "Would you prefer to see me this way, with both eyes?"

This guy was weird, but perhaps he had a reason for his behavior. He looked over to Kiru, saying, "I assume you know this guy, yes? He is your fiance, okay." He felt a bit awkward, but stayed where he was, refusing to budge, refusing to be intimidated by this new arrival.

It is odd that Keith started with an insult, but it didn't matter.

(I had to edit, dangit.)

Keith blinked and felt the kiss on his cheek. Which again, struck him as odd. Kiru almost never kissed him in front of other people, nor was she ever this bubbly. Was she... Drunk? No, she would be more dazed if she was. The only way Kiru would become like this was if something happened to her... Keith looked back at the other guy and then came up with a solution to this. He must have done something. Subliminally slipped her a love potion somehow. Keith narrowed his eyes and stared back at the other player. "You're really gonna need that eyepatch soon, pal..." He mumbled, cracking his knuckles and then hearing Kiru ask him a question.

"Sure thing, Kiru. I'll be right there." Keith said, staring daggers at the other player as he knelt down next to Kiru. Poor Kiru. A girl forced into a false sense of joy by some stranger. Keith plucked a handful of flowers and began to weave them, making a small flower crown. Keith was good at girly things like this. Being the only boy with three sisters, he naturally learned how to french braid, weave crowns, make fortune tellers, and other things of that nature. "Done." He said with a smile, placing it on Kiru's head.

While finishing one of the usual errands Ariel was heading back to her shop on the 4th floor when suddenly she saw somebody running with the corner of her eye. "I must start imagining things" she said while looking at her familiar, scratch that, looking by her right side where her familiar should've been. But she found herself staring into the concrete. Turning around she saw a white streak  running in the direction of where she thought she saw somebody. "Kimba wait!!!" she shouted as she started running after her.

The chase kept going for a while until she found herself on a wide field filled with flowers. She could distinguish 3 figures in front of her and a small white agile feline that was heading directly towards them. "Dammit!" she quicken the pace but was too late to stop her companion from brushing herself against a girl's that. A very familiar girl with two toned hair, Ariel's eyes widened as she shouted. "Kimba get back here right this instant!" but got ignored in return. "This is bad!" she thought, "who knows what that 'hime' might do, judging from the previous encounter. I hope she is in a better mood from last time." She cautiously approached with her left hand instinctively on her black rapier's hilt.

Drawing closer she could see her guildmaster, Keith and Aeternum as well. The two of them appeared to be arguing for some reason."What have you gotten yourself in this time boy?" she thought while approaching the three. Making a slight bow in Keith's direction Ariel spoke: "Strange to see you here guildmaster. At a lower floor like this one." she then stands in front of Aeternum, with her right hand protecting him "Whatever this boy might have done or said allow me to apologize in his stead, he's just a greenhorn from Square One. I'm sure he didn't mean any disrespect." She took a concerned look at Kiru who was..... standing on the ground making a flower crown......with flowers in her hair????? the surprize could be visible on her face as she could barely muster the next words: "What is going on here?

Aeternum looked at Ariel, a familiar face, and said, "What is happening is that Kiru here ingested a potion of contentness or something, and Mr. Keith is a touch aggressive. For reasons I don't understand, I may be needing my eye patch." That summed up the situation, a little. He smiled at Keith and said with a touch of sarcasm, "Yes, I am merely a greenhorn, please don't smite me."

He felt like getting into an arguement, which was really weird for him, and licked another flower, handing it to Kiru. He looked at Ariel, saying, "Maybe that eye patch will serve two uses, eh?"

He was having fun, but knew that he had to be cautious, lest he be injured on this day.

(5 Posts)

The first thing I noticed was Keith's tone of voice towards Aeternum. So, I stepped forward quickly to resolve the anger. "Keith!" I laughed placing a hand on his shoulder. "He's a nice boy, don't upset him." Keith was already in action as I finished my sentence, making my crown. I watched carefully, trying to memorized the steps, as Keith weaved the flowers.  His hands made it so quickly I could barely keep my eyes trained on him. Before I knew it, he was already done with the crown. When he placed it on top of my head I stood up and grinned. "Thank you, I feel like a princess, so carefree! Man...that potion was good! Maybe I'll go get another one?" I placed a finger on my chin, trying to remember where exactly I got the strange liquid.

Then, I felt something fluffy nudge against me. I was a little frightened at the site of a lion but that fear was replaced with surprise. It was Ariel's lion! I chuckled and began to pet it behind it's ears. "Who's a good girl? Or guy? Who's a good lion!" Wrapped in my happiness I almost didn't notice the person approaching. From behind me I heard a familiar voice, it was Ariel. I turned to her with a great big smile. "Ariel! Nice to see you again. I think you left your lion here or something..I stated, referring back to the animal purring at my side. I took the rose from Aeternum and placed yet another flower in my head as I answered Ariel's question. "Well you see, I was here and I met Aeternum. Then Keith came an here you are! Wanna make flower crowns?" 

Me and Maruchan were going for a "walk" when we spotted that dude 3D talking to Kiru ariel and some guy with blue hair I didn't really know. I had been balancing my cutlass on my nose just for some sort of amusement. Kiru's pretty scary so I thought I should go see if 3D was in trouble or not.

"Maruchan climb up." I told the pup as he jumped up on my shoulder.

I then walked over and put my cutlass back in the sheath. When I got closer Kiru didn't seem to be as scary I didn't know why but she was difrent.

"Hey there um... Is 3D bothering you guys? Sorry if he is he's a little odd from time to time. Hahaha" I joked about Aetrunum still trying to figure out what was wrong with Kiru.

Maruchan hopped off my shoulder and landed on ariels lion. I supose that would be okay since there already friends. Then I cringed as I saw him continue to lick kiru's hand.

"Maruchan..." I quietly said aloud.

Aeternum turned to X in shock. Was the whole guild going to show up, like in the alley? He laughed and said heartily, "No, X, I am not causing trouble. Why have the past two people to show up assume I am the problem?" He looked at Kiru, glancing past Keith like he wasn't there, "Say, can I shoot you a friend request? I don't have many friends, and I would like to talk to you at a later time, when there isn't a murderous player nearby."

He smirked, he would apologize to Keith afterwards. In the meantime, he opened his menu and swiped away until the request was prepared to send. He looked up, saying to Kiru, "Just say yes or no, and the message will be sent or cancelled."

Keith huffed and crossed his arms, having made a flower crown for himself which was now on his head. This guy sure had huge ego. And Keith knew for a fact the guy couldn't back it up. Murderous player is really got Keith riled up. As a Maverick Hunter, Keith went out of the way to take out REAL murderers, and throwing the term so lightly, and directed at him on top of that, rubbed Keith the wrong way. Clearly, this player had not experienced what SAO was really capable of, but just tried to look the part. One thing was for sure, Keith didn't like situation he had been put in.

"Murderous player?" Keith said, standing up and looking into Aeternum's eye. "You say that like you know what it means. Like you've faced it. Felt it. Confronted it. You have no idea. Real murderers wouldn't hesitate to kill every last person here. Real murderers like that are why I exist. To protect those who can't protect themselves, sword and shield. Even if they deserved it, I still have those images fresh in my mind. Burned into my skull. So if you wanna play that game, find another player." Keith stood up and turned around. Still, something else bothered him.

This wasn't his Kiru. Not the one he loved, at least. This was a whole different person who had forced change in themselves. Keith sighed and knelt down, giving Kiru a kiss on the head. "Message me when you're Kiru again... Alright?" He said, standing up and walking out. The Kiru he knew would never just willingly become someone different. She was proud, strong, and willing to let people know who she was. If anything, she would make everyone else change for her, first. If Keith's progress, all they had been through, all their bonding, all the moments they shared, could just be obtained by getting her to drink a potion... Was he just as compatible with her as anyone else was?

-Keith Leaves thread-

(4 Posts)

"Oh my, another freind?" I asked when I felt something lick my hand. When I looked down I saw a small dog on top of the lion I couldn't help but giggle at the sight. It wasn't everyday that you saw a dog perched upon a lion after all. "X? Everyone is popping up out of nowhere aren't they?" I said to X and looked back at Aeternum. "Sure thing! I'll accept anyone as a friend! Oh and trust me..Keith isn't murderous at all. Not to people like you at least! Hey, I guess that makes me a murderous player as well!" I spoke with a delighted tone and waited for the friend request to pop up in front of me. 

Then, Keith's tone of voice towards the other player changed again. "Keith?" I asked, cocking my head to the side like a dog. As ended his speech I had the sudden urge to continue off of it, but that urge went away due to the potion's effects. If I were to start speaking my mind about murdering I would probably grow saddened and distressed. My thoughts that carried me from reality stopped when Keith kissed me on the forehead. "I sure will! Whatever you mean by "when I'm Kiru again," I'll PM you!" I smiled as he walked away from the group.

Ariel let out a sigh of relief when she saw Keith leave, only giving Aeternum a warning, better said friendly advice. She didn't knew how to react to him ignoring her but let this one slip. She thought that it was finally time to take a break and analyze the situation but the 'fate' or 'luck' that Oikawa was kept telling her about, seemed to have another plan to her. She heard a familiar voice from behind and immediately closed her eyes: "Please, let it not be who I think it is...not him..not now." she whispered while turning around and opening her eyes. She then frowned and started running her forehead with her right hand: "Why now? couldn't you be in the starting city stalking girls instead of being here right now?" she asked with a defeated voice before continuing: "It's good to see you again X..." She then walked towards Kiru and sat beside her, while addressing the two members of Square One:

" You just had to taunt my guild master didn't you? you couldn't refrain from keeping your mouth shut and apologize. This may come as news to you two but I'm not with the Guardians anymore. I've joined the Brigade for a while now and you, my friend Aeternum, just walked away unharmed after taunting a PKer...let me say that again P...K.... as in PLAYER KILLER. And if it was just your everyday pker it wouldn't be a problem but you just had to go and mess around with Aincrad's player with the highest level.. Keith Yudai, the Brigadier General of the Azure Brigade, the top front-liner guild." she lets out another sigh, then addresses Kiru with a smile while picking up flowers: "If you don't mind, I'm going to stick around some more 'ojou-neesan', I mean.. if you'd let me call you like that ." her attempt to copy Keith's flower crown pattern fails miserably, so she started talking again: "Now that X is here, I don't want them to be in danger when you....um, revert to you usual state."

She didn't knew what would happen next, but letting these 2 goofballs alone with Kiru, not the current one but the Kiru she meet at the 9th floor, would not end well for them. She had at least to look after the two and truth be told, she wanted to see Kiru's reaction when she would wake up. The current Princess was cute and friendly, making Ariel unconsciously let out a grin while watching her. Seizing the opportunity, she send Kiru a friend request as well while winking at her.

Aeternum looked at Ariel, feeling confused. He opened his mouth to speak, and out came a near shout of anger, "You missed something important! I was talking to Kiru when Keith came up and insulted me. So..." Aeternum took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down, "I did nothing wrong, Ariel. Don't assume that I did. I was just being friendly when he came up, starting the problem."

Aeternum looked down, noticing that his request was still up, he sent it and said, "What could happen? Mr. Keith has no reason to hurt me." He flashed a smile to Kiru as he picked yet another flower, a pretty purple flower whose name he forgot, and gave it to her.

Aeternum looked to X, saying, "I found someone who loves flowers more than I love my roses."

I stared at Kiru almost sweating as I began to piece this all together. Ariel started yelling at me and 3D but for some reason it sounded muffled to my ears. Then 3D asked me something but by then everything was deaf but my heart beating. I took in a deep breath and finally understood what was going on.

"Kiru's high!" I yelled out as I began laughing histarically and breathing heavily.

"Kiru Kiru come on sell me some! You have no idea how hard I've searched and how many wierd plants I ate!" I said as I began hugging Kiru overly excited.

I then remembered who I was hugging and quickly jumped back in some sort of instinctive fear. I still couldn't belive it's that Kiru, the one I met the first day I really started playing. She just seemed like the type of girl that sees drugs and stuff as some sort of evil but, I guess now I've learned that's not really the case...