[OP-F3] Calming The Kiru

I chewed cautiously on the chocolate and listened to Ariel's story. It was more like a hearing to me. Since my memories of what happened were hazy this would be what decided my judgement. If I was going to believe Ariel and X or just call bull. It was hard thing to decide but overall I knew I wouldn't really trust every word they said to me. When she finished off with another "neechan" I bit my cheek so hard it bled because I couldn't stand it. Wait a minute. Ariel was in my guild? My eyes widened a little when she said the words "Azure Brigade." I hadn't even been informed of her joining the guild, this was new news to me. "Well then. Welcome to the Brigade." I said all while managing to keep my voice steady although I was not. Ariel being in my guild was way too much. After she had seen me, however I was acting, there was no way I could face my guild with her. It would be embarrassing if she told Azure about this. 

I shook the thoughts clouding my head and crossed my arms. My eyes shifted from X, then back to Ariel with an unusual coldness to them. After what she said I had smirked. "You know what Ariel? You're right. If Keith had done that then I wouldn't have acted the same. You know why? Because Keith wouldn't have done that, he would have handled it smoothly. Keith doesn't go around killing people at random you know. If Keith did happen to react the same then I would have probably been on his side. No matter what Keith does, I'll do. If he jumps of the edge of Aincrad I would jump with him. It's because Keith is probably the only person I give every ounce of trust to." I admitted to her. Yes, it was true that I didn't need to say any of that to X but if I didn't then who would? He would just go around killing people, then someone else would come to kill him. I hadn't meant for it to sound nice and fluffy; he wouldn't learn that way. "It's pretty obvious that I do not treat others "correctly," but, that's none of your concern. That's my problem Ariel! If I'm touched then I'll handle it. If someone attacks me then I'll handle it. I don't want anyone coming into my affairs to "help" me. I don't need to be saved!" 

"Ariel. I've been in this game as long as you have. If you think I haven't changed one bit since I got here then your'e wrong. Until one day at random I bumped into a blue haired idiot I had different views. I used to think that this was just a game. That you couldn't die! I went around screwing with other people until I got a major reality check." This was where I completely lost it. Ariel could go around assuming things all she wanted but the moment she proclaimed an untrue statement about me, I just snapped. Every "wall" that I had built for moments like these broke down and I was left vulnerable. "I've been alone my entire life until I got here Ariel! I may be bitter but...I'm n-not alone anymore! I have Keith, Azure, and a few friends that don't like me just for material things! They actually enjoy my presence!" The rage in my eyes slowly diminished as I thought of how foolish I was being. What was I doing? Seriously, out of everything I could have said to her this was what I chose? 

"It...it doesn't matter what happened to me IRL! It doesn't matter..." This. This was the reason why I had even consumed the potion in the first place. Not that I was lonely, I was just tired of it all. The constant harping on my behavior, the repetitive stares, all the expectations that I knew I could never live up to. The rumors around about the player named Kiru was my least problem. The nightmares about Keith leaving left me restless for the longest time. But that wasn't my biggest problem, I was. The biggest issue I had was myself. I could care less about what everyone thought of me but there was price of it all. I knew exactly what I did hurt other people; I knew my own sins yet I continued to commit them. It was a hard thing for me to explain, it was just something you felt. "Don't..." I muttered and looked Ariel dead in the eye. "Don't you dare start crying in front of me." 

To avoid Ariel, I looked at X, who seemed like a lost puppy. Even after all of the things I had said to him, he still looked up to me as his superior. I drew in a sharp breath and crouched down so I was face to face with X. "X, don't ever become orange. It isn't worth it. You have no town privileges and everyone stares at you like you murdered a child. It's not fun or exhilarating. Trust me. I may not be orange but Keith is, and I've gone into the town with him, it's pretty harsh. So, next time you lust for blood, PM me and I'll come and deal with it. But, don't throw the time away you have here." I flashed a quick smiled and stood up to look at Ariel. 

"It's possible to be lonely even though someone is beside you."

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First she could hear her trusty companion covering her like before. She let out a gentle smile while wiping off her remaining tears. She was a little embarrassed about revealing that side of her again and obediently listen to what the other two had to say while gently petting her familiar on the back and on the head. "It's alright girl, I'm fine now...Thanks for stepping in for me...again, when we get home I'll treat you with something good" she whispered to her familiar. She continued to listen to Kiru defending Keith, she made a mental note on that to avoid using that name for future examples, as it might work out in the wrong way like before. 

"Everybody changes, even if by a little at a time, it's as natural as growing old... I wasn't always like this. Believe it or not I was this awkward girl that did fencing IRL, with no friends and no social life, everybody said mean things to me and as a result I became pretty uncommunicative, avoiding others in the end. My training with father was all I had. You say that what happened IRL doesn't matter, how could it not? the core of who you are comes from there, good and bad experiences. IDK what happened to you IRL but you shouldn't say that it doesn't matter..it's not right. Do you hate your former life that much? that you'd negate who you are?" she then cut her words short, taking a deep breath before continuing. "Like it or not the two of us aren't that different. We enjoy fighting and we used SAO to change ourselves and that's okay, I understand. But it's also important to stay true to your real nature, don't just show others something you think they want to see or hear." She then cut her word short, again. Who was she to say all those things to her? from Kiru's perspective she would appear just a impulsive girl, that goes around saying whatever it's on her mind and an emotional wreck, to top things up.

She then thought she saw Kiru smile for a fraction of a second, not the usual sarcastic or patronizing smile, but a sincere smile. Or at least that was what she wanted to think. Ariel stood up and straighten her clothes, with troubled eyes she addressed Kiru one last time: "I think I've already said too much, if it's so unbearable to you for me to call you neechan, now that we're both in this big family called Azure Brigade, then I'll stop. Please excuse me and forget about all that we've talked today as I will do." She takes a look down at X, her eyes now wore the same seriousness she had when she addressed Kiru earlier: "That applies to you too. And if I see or hear that you'd gone orange I will make it my personal mission to hunt you down and bring you on the right path. I believe you have a lot of potential in you but either you're obliviant to it or too afraid to surface it. That's why I offered my help to teach you the basics of swordsmanship with every chance I got. A damn shame to let such thing go to waste if you ask me." Her gaze once again turned towards the girl with two toned hair, looking her str8 in the eyes.:

"Kiru * she wanted to add neechan again but held back* I don't know what you mean by 'lonely even though someone is beside you.'. As I told you, I know almost nothing more than my swordsmanship, my father's legacy to me. You could say that I'm a battle freak that enjoys fighting and I won't contradict you. Unfortunately with me, what you see is what you get so I don't know how to say this in another way. I'd like to think of you as a friend and will think so even if the feeling isn't mutual. If it's not well we will see each other on future battlefields and guild meeting or quests. And rest assured that I won't be going on telling people of your....previous state. If that isn't enough.." she elegantly draws her black blade in one from her waist in one smooth trained motion and stabs the tip on the ground in front of her, resting her palms on top of the hilt."I swear it on my honor as a warrior and my father's training.

((a bit rushed but finally posted!!!!!!!!!!!!

I listened to what kiru had to say quite a lot to take in. I don't think orange would be bad I mean it is a "crime" system right? The only downside is the games rules only limit the crime to murder so it's a bit difrent then being branded as a jay-walker or a thief IRL.

"I've done stuff IRL il admit it... Never murdered anyone, well I've stabbed someone but he lived so..." I said while staring out into the now setting sun.

Ariel then began her whole speech about her "fencing skills". She also went on to talk about how she would hunt me down. Then it hit me, fencing a sport that's main objective is to poke the opponent in the chest before they get you. Ariel competes amomgst the best in the world. Yet she still couldn't beat me in a first hit duel which is basically fencing. Then I decided in my head "yup its time to bring that to the mix."

"Says the 'fencer' who lost to me 'some young punk' in a first hit duel; which is basically what fencing is." I told ariel bringing a slight smirk to my face while looking at the sunset.

Maruchan then barked high pitchedly which I could only enterperate as him telling me I just blew his mind.

• 8 months later...