New Enchantment Guide.

Go to solution Solved by Mari,

Okay I was looking at the new updated enchantment guide, and well. I don't like it. Before the update, my armor, Eternal Melody, was able to house a Evasion and Par enchantment. Now that isn't the case anymore, does this mean I get a freebee to remake the armors stats, or do I have to delete the Item and buy a new one? And on a side note, Evasion is restricted to Blacksmithing and Shields only. Evasion is restricted to Shields... that makes no sense to me. How does a shield give Evasion, I would understand if it was on armor like Tailors, but shields. I can't wrap my mind around this now.

Having a light-armor cape ( courtesy of The Lion's Den, thanks Ariel! ), which grants +2 evasion, this was one of the first things I thought about myself.

I've taken some time to look at it and some of the things I like about it, is the obvious attempt to sub-specialize each profession, it really makes each profession stand-out more. Some questions I have are:

Does Leather Armor mean Light Armor?

And does 'Armor' mean Heavy Armor?

Having a light-armor cape ( courtesy of The Lion's Den, thanks Ariel! ), which grants +2 evasion, this was one of the first things I thought about myself.

I've taken some time to look at it and some of the things I like about it, is the obvious attempt to sub-specialize each profession, it really makes each profession stand-out more. Some questions I have are:

Does Leather Armor mean Light Armor?

And does 'Armor' mean Heavy Armor?

It has to be stated its Light Armor, Leather could be a heavy Leather battle coat, And armor is in general for the armors in the game.

I'm a little lost..having light armor doesn't make you more quick and...let's more evasive, your movements are less constricted than by wearing heavy armor and thus you are able to do more precise... or let's say more accurate moves/strikes? *hints everywhere*. Also I thought the Block skill doesn't mix with evasion,did it change? so having it in your shield now would potentially give tanks +8 eva? lets be honest, all the people that wear a shield have the Block skill, so putting eva on shield isn't the brightest idea if it doesn't stock with the skill. And now even blacksmiths have the unarmed dmg.... who boxes with gauntlets on? needles to say with a heavy armor on that its actually HEAVY!!!. In conclusion, now people don't have any reason to go for light armor anymore...guess I'll have to close shop after this update:( should have taken the job change quest and make myself an alchemist when I had the chance:(.  

Also do the items already created need to change stats to suit the new system? if so..my aspirations in making Ariel a pure dmg dealer were cut short.

Also, leather armor is light armor, heavy armor has metal in it...I guess...I don't know what I know anymore, with these chances...*goes in a corner and cries*

I'm a little lost..having light armor doesn't make you more quick and...let's more evasive, your movements are less constricted than by wearing heavy armor and thus you are able to do more precise... or let's say more accurate moves/strikes? *hints everywhere*. Also I thought the Block skill doesn't mix with evasion,did it change? so having it in your shield now would potentially give tanks +8 eva? lets be honest, all the people that wear a shield have the Block skill, so putting eva on shield isn't the brightest idea if it doesn't stock with the skill. And now even blacksmiths have the unarmed dmg.... who boxes with gauntlets on? needles to say with a heavy armor on that its actually HEAVY!!!. In conclusion, now people don't have any reason to go for light armor anymore...guess I'll have to close shop after this update:( should have taken the job change quest and make myself an alchemist when I had the chance:(.  

Also do the items already created need to change stats to suit the new system? if so..my aspirations in making Ariel a pure dmg dealer were cut short.

Also, leather armor is light armor, heavy armor has metal in it...I guess...I don't know what I know anymore, with these chances...*goes in a corner and cries*

Yes Oske told me to change my gear enchantments. And I agree, with the new system i find it hard to pick Leather now, or even go to light. And Oske told me after this thread was put up that Evasion and block tie together. Which is really confusing. But now I have to get a Shield to have Evasion, I don't like using shields, really makes me wanna quit as it is restricting me to pick certain items. And forcing someone who wants Evasion, to have to go and get a shield, is really not a ideal system, as I use not only one handed long swords but two handed as well. And I still want the Evasion perk, but I can't now if I use a greatsword. If it were me, I would have put it in with the Artisans profession. So then I could and others as well, could have our perks and use them with if anyone other than me, has a two handed weapon. 

To be fair, there was never a reason to pick one armor type over the other. People chose tailor armor cause they wanted to have cool clothes like everyone in SAO, not heavy armor.

And no, evasion and block do not stack. I asked Oske about it, and she said that it just gave people the option if they wanted to put skills into block or not.

I have been trying to figure out a way to make the armor types different for a long time, but that would end up having ramifications throughout the entire game.

• Solution

EVASION AND ACCURACY ARE NOW ENHANCEMENTS THAT ARTISANS CAN CRAFT

This gives artisans more exclusive crafting, and helps diversify the professions - staff have heard your issues with Accuracy and Evasion being weapon/shield exclusives and have listened! 

All the best!

I understand the balancing between professions but, evasion should be kept to armours. It doesn't make sense to remove it. Something you could do is make a specification to light and heavy armour enchants so that players can only choose between evasion or extra damage mit. I don't like the new enchant guide either, I apologise but I don't see a problem with the one we currently have/old one. Block and evasion are two completely different things, that's why they don't stack; so i don't know how they tie together at all. Evasion shouldn't even be on weapons. That's why there's a clear differentiation between block, evasion and parry.