SP - F2 Special Orders! (2nd Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Complete)

Calrex gave a small yawn as he stretched himself out. It was fairly early morning on the second floor, even inside of Urbus. The only traces of life were the few players that seemed to be roaming around during that time of day.

"Alright, let me check and see here."

It was a couple of days ago that he actually received his first "order" or sorts for his new "service." After spending some time gathering a small amount of materials he had donated them to five various shops as a way of getting his name out there as well as his new business. It was only a few days after that he had received a message from Mari, the player that owns the shop Alchemic Contagion on the tenth floor, requesting materials.

"Hm...35, well if she needs that much it's no wonder she's got a shop on the new floor. She must have a lot of business, or a lot of unique wares. Well, let's see what I can find. The second floor is more mountainous, so maybe I can find some unique herbs and such to give to her. Maybe hopefully I can find some more materials as well to help some other shops out as well."

With that he left through Urbus' gates and started looking around nearby.

ID: 12170

Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +1) = 8

Starting off it didn't look to be a good bunch of herbs concentrated anywhere near the gates of the city. He figured that would be the case as he scratched the back of his head, deciding to start proceeding down the road to see if it would increase his changes.

ID: 12171

Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +1) = 18

It turned out his suspicions might have been on the mark as he managed to find some strange looking flowers behind a tree. They had white petals, but appeared to be giving off an unusual glow.

"Hm...those look like they might be useful."

He plucked the bunch of flowers and added them to his inventory, getting to his feet, "Alright, moving on."

ID: 12172

Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +1) = 2

Danger Level: 1/3 (2 left before encounter)

OOC: Implementing the Danger Level. For every three 1s on the Loot Dice a battle occurs O_O

Unfortunately he didn't have as much luck the next time around. As he got close to a bunch of herbs a wolf ran by, forcing Calrex to abandon the flower to make sure he avoided combat, "I'm not trying to get myself killed doing this job. I'll only fight when I need to..."

+1 Materials

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 12173

Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +1) = 9

As Calrex continued to wander down the road there didn't appear to be anything that would serve his purpose as he looked around, "Alright, well this is going to be an interesting haul, especially with the luck I've got going right now." He scratched the back of his head as he looked around, "I wonder if that flower I found is some kind of rare material. It's not exactly very easy to find."

ID: 12174

Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +1) = 10

"Ah, there's one!" As Calrex combed the landscape he saw the small faint white glow of another flower, rushing over. Unfortunately as he inspected it he saw holes and pock marks on them. It was clear signs that the flowers were already being eaten by aphids and caterpillars. He gave a small disappointed sigh as he turned back and looked around, "Alright, gotta try again."

ID: 12175

Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +1) = 19

After some further searching Calrex's luck turned around once again. Searching behind another tree he found another small collection of the faintly glowing flowers, picking it immediately after seeing it was in good shape, "Alright, that's two so far. Maybe I'll need to go a little more off the beaten path to find more of these."

+1 Materials

Total: 2

Danger Level: 1/3

ID: 12176

It seemed like Calrex's luck had definitely taken a turn for the better as he continued to look around for more of the glowing white flowers he had seen before. It appeared that the best places to look were in the shadowy parts of the trees, as he had just come across another patch of them. He quickly plucked the flowers and added them to his inventory as he got up, making sure he didn't attract any monsters while he continued his search.

ID: 12177

So close...as Calrex came upon another tree he saw the patch where the flowers usually grow, but it looked like someone or something had already snatched it. "It's gonna be a while before it respawns again, so I'd best be moving on. I just hope the next one will yield some bounty."

ID: 12178

Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +1) = 18

Luckily enough the next tree did. There was yet again another small patch of flowers collected in the shadow of the tree. Calrex hastily picked them up, adding them to his inventory, "Alright, let's see, that puts my count for the flowers at 4. Well it seems like I'm moving at a good pace right now. Let's hope by the end of the day I'll be able to find the amount Mari needs."

+2 Materials

Total: 4

ID: 12179

Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +1) = 20

As Calrex made his way further than further down a path he found another tree with a bundle of flowers at its base, immediately plucking it and adding it to his inventory, "Alright, five flowers should be good. I should probably see if I can find a different material to gather now." He adjusted his sword on his hip to have it sit right before he continued his search.

ID: 12180

Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect +1) = 6

As he decided to start looking around for a new material to gather he didn't have any luck to start. There were some plants around that looked like they might be of use, but they were already deteriorating by the time he got to them, "Hm...it looks like this particular herb might be common in the grassy areas of the mountains. I wonder if I'll find more fresh ones in those areas." With that he got to his feet, heading towards a nearby grassy knoll.

ID: 12181

Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +1) = 17

As luck would have it there were some more fresh herbs at the foot of the hill that Calrex quickly plucked. They looked like some odd cross between a four leaf clover and a dandelion, but nonetheless it seemed like the unique plant might be of use in alchemy, so he added it to his inventory, "Alright, let's see if I can find some more around this area."

+2 Materials

Total: 6

ID: 12183

Danger Level: 2/3

As Calrex continued searching around the base of the hill he almost found another herb, but had to immediately stop his advance as another wolf ran by, crushing the herb as it ran by. It gave a quick growl at Calrex as it passed.

"Alright, looks like things might be coming to a head soon. I'd best be careful of any other monsters in the area."

ID: 12184

He continued to search around a little further up the grassy hill as he combed through the grass to find a trace of another one of the strange herbs from earlier. Unfortunately there didn't appear to be any other ones in the area that he was on.

"Hm...I wonder if it might be time to check out another area. It seems like this area is clean of any more of those herbs."

ID: 12185

Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +1) = 16

As Calrex made his way back down from the hill he looked over, spying something that stood out against the glass, "Wait...could it be..."

He quickly ran over and inspected it. It was another one of those herbs that he was looking for. Apparently when he was combing around before he had missed this particular herb sticking out. He quickly plucked it and added it to his inventory, "Alright, now would be a good time to head to the next area."

+1 Materials

Total: 7

ID: 12187

Danger Level: 3/3 (Encounter!)

Battle Dice: 10 (+2 Damage) Bleed Activated

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6

As Calrex found another herb nearby he stopped in his tracks as he drew his sword, "Great, looks like my luck's run out."

A wolf had stepped out from behind a rock, growling at him with its teeth bared, "Alright, I'd best deal with this guy before I continue searching around."

The wolf leapt up at him, trying to slash at him with both of its claws. Calrex managed to knock aside one of the claws, but unfortunately the other claw managed to graze him as the wolf went by. Luckily as Calrex turned around he managed to catch the wolf with a Plum Blossom flourish, striking the wolf three times as it tried to turn around to face him.

"Alright...stay focused and take this thing out."

Total: 7

Danger Level: 3/3 (Encounter active)

HP List

Calrex: 15/17

Enemies:

Lone Wolf: 4/10 (Bleed -2 for the next 2 turns)

ID: 12189

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +1) = 11

As Calrex readied himself the wolf took advantage of the gap in his defenses, leaping up and snapping at him. Calrex raised an arm up, the wolf's jaws snapping down on his arm, locking itself in place, "GH!" Calrex took a quick calming breath before he flipped his sword so that the tip of the sword was facing the wolf's head. He quickly thrust sideways, impaling the wolf through the head before flicking it out, removing his sword from the wolf. The wolf came off of his arm easily afterwards as it dissipated into crystals. Calrex gave a sigh of relief as he saw the wolf disintegrate, "Alright, how am I doing right now? I'll need to see."

Loot List:

+1 Material

55 Col

Total: 8

Danger Level: 0/3

HP List

Calrex: 12/17

Enemies:

Lone Wolf: -3/10 (Bleed -2 for the Next 1 turn)

ID: 12190

After finishing off the wolf Calrex began to scan around if there was any herbs in the immediate vicinity of the wolf's area. Unfortunately there wasn't any to be found, although there appeared to be some places where the herbs might have grown, but were trampled on by the monsters in the area. Calrex gave a small sigh of disappointment as he looked around, "Alright, I'd best be moving on. There might be more wolves around."

ID: 12191

Loot Dice: 13 (Search and Detect +1) = 14

After Calrex left the area he tried to find some more herbs, "Alright, maybe over..." He looked in surprise as he saw what looked to be an herb in the distance. He ran over quickly and inspected it, but unfortunately the herb was already eaten by caterpillars and aphids like the flowers were before. "So close..." Calrex gave another sigh of disappointment as he got to his feet.

ID: 12192

"Alright finally!" After moving to another new area further into the mountain range Calrex found another herb bundle behind some boulders, just out of view of the beaten path. He quickly plucked it and added it to his inventory, "Alright now there seems to be some luck coming around once again."

+1 Material

Total: 9

ID: 12193

Unfortunately Calrex's luck appeared to run out almost as soon as he got it. After finding that other herb behind the boulders he tried searching nearby, but no other flowers turned up. He pulled away some rocks from a small crevasse, but still nothing appeared to be growing in the area that he was looking.

"I guess these really are more likely to be growing in the grassy green areas. I'd better back into those areas if I'm going to find any more of it."

With that he got back to his feet, heading back over to the more field-like areas, hoping to find at least one more herb.

ID: 12194

Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +1) = 4

After getting towards the edge of the rocky area Calrex decided to give one more look before he continued moving on. He tried looking around a couple of trees, moving left and right along the border of the area, but still nothing turned up.

"Alright, yeah this confirms it. I'll need to head back into the grassy areas to find any more of that herb."

ID: 12195

Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +1) = 21

After arriving back in the lower fields areas it looked like Calrex's luck finally came around. Immediately at the edge of the field was another one of the herbs that he was looking for. He quickly ran over, inspecting it to make sure there wasn't any damage done to it before he added it to his inventory.

"Thank goodness, I finally found another one. Alright, that's five of the glowing flowers and five of the strange herb. I'd best starting looking for another material now."

He stood up from where he was kneeling, adjusting his sword as he turned around, "Alright, let's see what other oddities might be out here.

+1 Material

Total: 10

ID: 12196

Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +1) = 4

As Calrex continued combing around for something out of the ordinary he thought he saw something when he got a message. He went into his menu and pulled up the message. It was a material order from Ariel for 25 of them. He gave a smile, "Yes another order! Alright I'll add her to my list. So today hopefully I can get a hold of 60 materials. If not I might need to break this up over today and tomorrow, but we'll see what I can do."

ID: 12197

As he tried looking around for anything that might match an alchemist or tailor's job, but unfortunately it didn't appear to be anything of use in the area he was in, "Alright, is this area spent as well?"

Calrex gave a sigh as he adjusted his sword once again, looking around. He saw another wolf lurking nearby as it darted behind a rock, "Oh great another one. That doesn't bode well at all."

ID: 12198

Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +1) = 5

As he continued to move along in the field he knelt down and looking around, wondering if there was any trace of more herbs of possibly some type of cloth material. "Alright, it looks like this place is barren as well. Man..."

He looked up, seeing that the time of day was possibly almost getting to around noon. He gave a small sigh, noting the large gap still between the amount of materials he has compared to the order size.

"Alright, I can pull this off...hopefully."

ID: 12282

Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect+1) = 11

ID: 11283

ID: 11284

Loot Dice: 2 (Search and Detect +1) = 3

It looked like the particular things Calrex was looking for were evading his gaze as he spent a significant amount of time looking left and right, up and down, high and low across his current area, but no hide or hair of any possible materials were showing up.

"Is this spot barren as well? This seems even more sparse than the first floor was...although I do need to remember that I wasn't looking for a large haul of materials that time. That one took me all day and I believe I only found 8, so I guess right now I'm still doing better than before."

He scratched the back of his head as he stood atop a boulder, looking out onto the field, "Is there really no other materials left in this field? Well, I guess if so I'd best be moving on."

ID: 12286

Loot Dice: 12

ID: 12287

Loot Dice: 9

ID: 11288

Loot Dice: 4

It looked like Calrex's luck had run out as he continued looking around the next field, as he still couldn't find a single material of use. He did come close at one point to finding something that seemed to simulate cotton, but when he reached it a strong breeze blew and detached the plant, taking it off into the air. The rest of the time was spent either looking around or on his knees combing the grass for anything of use.

"Alright then, note to self that if I want to keep this job up I'll need to improve my searching abilities or get something that will allow me to do so, because this is getting a little ridiculous."

He gave a small sigh of disappointment as he got to his feet, dusting off his pants. "I'll try searching the mountaintops. Maybe I'll find something unique or useful there."

ID: 12291

Loot Dice: 6 (Search and Detect +1) = 7

ID: 12292

Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +1) = 9

ID: 11293

It seemed like Calrex's bad luck streak continued as he made his way into the mountains. He originally thought there might be some unique materials to find in on the mountainsides, but unfortunately there wasn't even a piece of ore to extract. All of the plants that seemed to poke out every here and there were simply part of the scenery and were not capable of being utilized.

He looked up to check the time of the day. It looked like the sun was beginning to make its way down towards the horizon. Calrex put a hand in his jacket pocket as he looked around, "I'd best head back down the fields then. If I can't find anything here I'd be better off looking in those areas since its closer to Urbus."

He gave a quick slide to bypass having to walk down the paved path, making it down a few levels below before walking, "Well, a better haul than the last time, but still not close to what I was hoping for. Let's see if I can scrounge anything else up before I need to turn in for the day."

ID: 12301

Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +1) = 8

ID: 12302

As Calrex continued to look around the field he made note that there appeared to be another wolf that appeared to be stalking him as it darted behind a nearby rock formation, "Great, here we go again. Better be careful if I'm going to keep this up. It looks like I might've stumbled into its supposed territory." He gave a small sigh as he yet again turned up no materials as he got to his feet, looking around the area, "I'll head back towards that hill I found the herbs at. Maybe they have respawned."

ID: 12303

Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +1) = 12

It looked like Calrex's luck was going to turn around, but instead the game seemed to mock him. He did find another herb, but once again as he went in to inspect it the herb was already pretty much gone, eaten by bugs and such. He gave a sigh as he tossed it aside, "Looks like my luck with finding materials if starting to run out. I wonder if it might be time to turn in already."

ID: 12307

Loot Dice: 1

Danger Level: 3/3

Battle Dice: 1

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6

As Calrex continued looking around he heard the familiar low growl as he turned, seeing another wolf closing in on him. He quickly drew his sword as the wolf leapt at him, the wolf managing to get a slash on his arm before Calrex managed to knock it off of him, "Well, that's that. After this I'd best close this up quickly." He tried to get to his feet to try and swipe at the wolf, but the moist grass caused him to slip as he went back down before he could get to his feet.

"Great now I'm even tripping without there being something to trip on."

He pointed his sword at the wolf, giving a few calming breaths, "Alright let's do this..."

HP List

Calrex: 10/17

Enemies:

Lone Wolf: 10/10

ID: 12309

Battle Dice: 6

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (Damage +1)

Like the wolf that had attacked him earlier this wolf leapt forward and managed to get a gripping bite on Calrex's arm. As the wolf chomped down he managed to get a slash on the wolf before it broke its bite and leapt back a few feet. Calrex took a breath as he pointed his sword at the wolf once again, "Alright, looks like this is the way they're going to play."

"I'll need to be prepared for that bite attack. Both wolves have gotten me now with it. It's almost instantaneous, like there's no windup or telegraphing of the attack. I hope the enemies on the upper floors don't share a lot of these attacks in common."

He kept his eyes trained on the wolf as it began to do its familiar circling around of him. He turned his body in response so that he could keep the wolf in his field of vision, his sword pointed right between its eyes.

HP List

Calrex: 7/17

Enemies:

Lone Wolf: 6/10

ID: 12314

Battle Dice: 2

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

The wolf was circling Calrex for some time as it tried to search for an opening in his defenses. It gave a low growl before leaping at Calrex once again, but this time Calrex was ready, dodging to the side. The wolf tried to recover, but since it was using an attack that dedicated its movement it traveled the entirety of its flight arc before it slammed facefirst into a nearby boulder. The sight made Calrex give a small laugh for a second before he tried to take a slash at the wolf. Unfortunately the brief distraction was enough that the wolf had time to recover, leaping out of the sword's path before it could make contact.

"Tch...looks like my bad luck is coming back of something. It's a good thing I've got a potion on me in case things get too risky."

HP List

Enemies:

ID: 12318

Battle Dice: 3

Calrex continued his fight with the wolf, neither one being able to get one up on the other. Calrex had taken note of the environment's different little points of interest and tried using them to his advantage. The wolf, caught unawares, had full force jumped once again into a boulder as Calrex weaved out of the way like a matador to a bull.

"This fight seems to be dragging on. Hopefully this wolf gives an opening soon or else I might be in trouble."

He rushed forward and tried to slash at the wolf with a vertical strike, but as his sword came down the wolf hopped to the side, continuing its circle around Calrex. Calrex gave a calming breath as he locked his eyes on the wolf once again, focusing, "Alright, stay calm and this will work out fine."

HP List

Enemies:

Lone Wolf 6/10

ID: 12328

Battle Dice: 2

The battle continued as Calrex tried to take a swipe at the wolf, his cut flying clear of the mark as the wolf quickly hopped to the side. As it landed it planted itself and leapt forward, trying to get another bite at Calrex. He quickly stepped to the side as the wolf sailed clear of him, hitting facefirst into a nearby tree. Calrex gave a quick breath as he quickly turned around to face the wolf, which was recovering from the accident. It got to its feet, shaking its head a few times to clear its senses before turning to face Calrex.

"Alright, hopefully that impact threw it off enough that it can't focus as easily. Maybe now it'll leave an opening in its defenses."

HP List

Enemies:

ID: 12329

Battle Dice: 10 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

Loot Dice: 6 (Search and Detect +1) = 7

The wolf let out a loud growl as it leapt forward at Calrex once again, trying to bite his arm. This time Calrex was prepared for it as he sidestepped, his sword already set for his next attack. As the wolf sailed past him he kept his eyes on the wolf's path. While it was still in the air he executed a Swallow Return attack, the three strikes connecting on the wolf as it flew past him. The wolf landed, limping a couple of feet before it keeled over and dissipated into a series of crystals. Calrex gave a small sigh of relief as he turned to face where the wolf was, "Alright, finally that's done."

Loot List

+1 Material

35 Col

He gave a few calming breaths before he turned towards Urbus, "Alright, that's a clear sign that it's time to turn in for the day. I'll see what I can find as I make my way back, but for now I'm good."

Total: 11

HP List

Enemies:

Lone Wolf: 0/10