SP - F2 Special Orders! (2nd Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Complete)

ID: 12333

Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +1) = 9

ID: 12334

Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +1) = 4

As Calrex made his way  back towards Urbus he continued to look around for more materials. As he continued to wander there didn't appear to be any more materials that could have been obtained. He gave a small sigh as he continued walking, "Alright, so one day I'm able to get eleven materials. I really need to find some way to find more. I wonder if there's any possible areas which are bountiful in materials. Possibly on the other floors?"

ID: 12335

Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +1) = 20

Just as Calrex was about go give up searching he noticed something out of the corner of his eye, "Wait, something looks off over there." He immediately ran over as he looked down at what it was that caught his eye. It was the plant that had been blown away previously that seemed to be SAO's version of cotton. He immediately inspected it to see if there was anything wrong with it and finding it in good condition he immediately added it to his inventory. "Alright, I hope this is a sign of things turning around."

Total: 12

Danger Level: 0/3

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 12337

Surprisingly as Calrex continued to look around the immediate vicinity of the plant he had just found another one came into his vision, "Did I find a spawning area for these materials?" He went over to the plant, finding it to be in good condition before he picked it up and added it to his inventory. Calrex gave a couple of breaths of relief as it seemed that his luck was turning around again.

"Alright good, I hope I can get a few more before sundown."

ID: 12338

Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +1) = 11

ID: 12339

Unfortunately Calrex didn't find any other materials as he combed the rest of the area, coming close at a couple of points where there appeared to have been materials growing, but were already harvested. He gave a small sigh of disappointment as he figured that it might be his luck again. "Alright then, time to keep heading back towards the settlement."

Total: 13

ID: 12343

Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +1) = 5

As Calrex approached a new area closer to Urbus he decided to do another sweep of the area to see if there was any more materials that could be found. As he knelt down and tried looking around the dying light of the sun was making it difficult to see anything of use in the immediate area. While he could make out the grass and the boulders in the area the fine details were getting lost to Calrex as the afternoon ended and the evening began.

ID: 12344

Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +1) = 19

ID: 12345

Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +1) = 17

After some further combing around Calrex struck paydirt. There were two clusters of the cotton plants right next to each other. He went over and inspected both before he harvested and added them to his inventory. "Alright, well it's good to know that they are capable of spawning right next to each other. That way maybe I can find more of them possibly."

+2 Materials

Total: 15

ID: 12351

ID: 12352

It seemed like Calrex's hunch was spot on as he continued to look around the area, actually coming across another double bundle of the cotton plant that he had found. He quickly went over and inspected it, but he found something interesting. These particular plants were not exactly like the one he had found previously. While they looked close to the cotton plant that the real world was familiar with, these ones had the cotton growing almost like a winding of petals rather than the balls that cotton normally grows in. Some even began to intertwine with each other, forming almost rose-like patterns.

"That's a crazy detail that they put into this game, that each particular material was different from each other. They really were showing off weren't they?"

ID: 12353

Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +1) = 12

As Calrex continued to look around it seemed like he found another plant much like the one he had found before, but unfortunately this one was actually infested with bugs. There was no way someone could make use of it and have a successful attempt. He gave a sigh as he left it on the ground, beginning to continue his trek back to the city.

+2 Materials

Total: 17

ID: 12357

Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +1) = 18

As Calrex continued to make his way back towards Urbus he noticed that he was coming across the trees from when he first started out. He remembered that these particular trees had a special glowing flower that seemed to be found at its base. "I wonder if any more of them have spaw..."

As if on cue he saw the faint glow of one of them come into his vision. He quickly ran over, seeing it was a bundle of the flowers glowing in the dying light of the sun. Quickly inspecting it for any potential problems he added it to his inventory, "Sweet, another step closer to what I need to get."

ID: 12358

Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +1) = 2

Danger Level: 1/3

After obtaining the flower Calrex recognized the familiar low growl of another wolf. It was still some distance off, but he felt that in his current state it wouldn't be safe for him to stay outside for much longer, lest he be engaged by another wolf and possibly killed.

ID: 12359

Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect +1) = 6

As Calrex continued back down the path he didn't see another glowing flower, giving a small sigh, "I was hoping to maybe find a few more before I got back to the city. Well, I guess there still is some distance left before I get to the gates. Maybe I'll find some before then."

+1 Material

Total: 18

ID: 12440

ID: 12441

"Hm...looks like those flowers are getting more sparse. Do they spawn in random locations around trees like the materials on the first floor did?"

"I thought there was a pattern...but now I'm not so sure..."

Calrex gave a sigh as he continued to move along the path, peeking behind every tree that he came across for any trace of the glowing flowers, "Hm...I wonder what kind of potions Mari is going to put these towards. I know she makes the usual potions that everyone uses, but it looks like there were some odd ones in another section of her shop as I was leaving. I'll need to ask her next time I drop in."

ID: 12442

As he continued searching around the trees Calrex hit paydirt once again as he found another bundle of glowing flowers under one of the trees along the path. The sun was just about to go under the horizon, which made the glow of the flowers even stronger than before. "Hm...I'm not far from Urbus now, but with the sun's light almost gone it might make it easier to find more of these flowers."

He added the flowers to his inventory before pressing onward.

+1 Materials

Total: 19

ID: 12443

ID: 12444

Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +1) = 8

ID: 12445

As Calrex continued to look around it appeared that the flowers were nowhere to be found. Even in the darkness of the early evening, which would aid him because of the heightened glow coming off of the flowers, was providing no aid.

"Hm...do they only bloom during the day? If so what a strange material to find. A glowing flower that blooms only during the day, well I guess there is some kind of romanticism to that thought. I guess if this is the case I might be better off searching for different materials."

He gave a sigh as he let his eyes relax, adjusting to the evening darkness, "It's a good thing I took the Night Vision skill. It'll make it easier on me to keep looking around."

ID: 12446

ID: 12447

ID: 12448

"Alright this is getting a little bit ridiculous."

"As if it wasn't ridiculous halfway through today. I wonder if players simply prefer fighting monsters on this floor so the creators oriented this floor to be that way."

Calrex gave a sigh as he stood up from the grassy field, dusting off his pants, "I originally would've thought that since no players really go out during the night that would be the prime time for the AI to respawn materials, but I wonder if that time might be closer to early morning. So far it's like there's no herbs in the area at all."

"Well...I guess I'll see if maybe I can find one more before turning in. After that I'll try again in the morning."

ID: 12449

Loot Dice: 6 (Search and Detect +1) = 7

ID: 12450

ID: 12451

As he continued searching Calrex felt like his luck had run out once again. So far no herbs or anything in particular that could be used seemed to appear in his field of view,

"Man, well at least this is only the first day. Since I am starting out I wonder if I'll make it so that I grab materials for shops for the following week or something. That way I've got an entire week to procure enough materials for them. I dunno."

He knelt down again as he combed along the ground, trying to find something that could be of use. As he did he moved his search area further out away from Urbus once again to hopefully increase his chances of spotting something out of the ordinary.

ID: 12452

Loot Dice: 6 (Search and Detect +1) = 7

ID: 12453

ID: 12454

Loot Dice: 13 (Search and Detect +1) = 14

After some searching around Calrex thought that he had found something of interest. It looked like another strange cross between a four leaf clover and a blade of grass, "Has my luck finally turned around?"

As he did however, it turned out that the special herb was actually the shadow of a small bunch of rocks against the grass. He put a hand behind his head as he rubbed his eyes with his other hand, "Alright, just a few more searches and I'd better turn in. I think I'm starting to see things."

He gave a yawn as he stretched his arms, looking around once again. By this time the sun had fully gone underneath the horizon and the moon was beginning to come up, lighting up the sky with a light blue.

ID: 12456

Calrex continued to comb the area as he tried to find something that could be of use. Unfortunately as he looked around there still wasn't anything that could be found. He got to his feet, scratching the back of his head once again, "Still no luck so far. Is there really nothing else around?"

He gave a sigh as he looked around, putting a hand in his jacket pocket, "Alright I'll give it a couple more swee..."

"Why is there something standing out over there?"

ID: 12457

Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +1) = 16

He rushed over to a out of the ordinary shiny spot as he knelt down. It looked like the light was coming out from the ground. "Do I need to dig?"

He stuck his hands into the dirt and began to dig until he reached something solid, managing to get his hand around it. Giving a few tugs a piece of a root came out from the ground. Calrex fell on his butt as he looked at the root, inspecting it. It looked to be in good shape, and oddly enough it was a dark blue color.

"Well this certainly looks like it might be useful in a potion."

He quickly added it to his inventory before he looked around, "Don't tell me there might be more around here.

ID: 12458

Calrex decided to give one more dig before he gave up. As he did he managed to get a hold of something as he pulled back. While it was another root this one was chewed up and definitely not going to be of use. He gave a sigh as he dropped it to the ground, getting to his feet, "Alright, I said I was going to turn in after getting one more material, that's what I'm gonna do. Hopefully I can scrounge up some more items tomorrow."

He clapped his hands together to remove any residual dirt before he quickly made his way back to Urbus.

+1 Material

Total: 20

After arriving successfully back in the second floor settlement he checked his haul, "Alright, 20 materials total. Mari requested 35 while Ariel requested 25. I'll go ahead and drop off todays haul with Mari so that she can continue her crafts. If I'm not able to grab the rest tomorrow I'll give the next haul to Ariel and finish the rest hopefully by the day after."

After dropping off his day's gathering at Mari's shop he went back down to the Starting City to get some rest before coming back up and starting again.

As the next started Calrex woke up and gave a quick stretch as he got to his feet, "Alright, second day. Let's see if I'll have any better luck than yesterday. Hopefully I can at least find 25 so that I can fulfill Ariel's order, then tomorrow I can focus on the rest of Mari's."

He went over to the portal in the Starting City and opened up his menu, teleporting over to Urbus on the second floor, immediately heading out the gate, "Let's see what I can find today."

"I'll go check the other side of the city this time, just in case the materials haven't respawned just yet."

ID: 12578

Loot Dice: 2 (Search and Detect +1) = 3

ID: 12579

ID: 12580

It looked like the day was getting off to a bad start as Calrex left the gates, heading down the path. This particular route took Calrex away from the tops of the mountain range and actually further down the cliffs themselves. Since the initial part was rock, it was fairly hard to discover if any of the various foilage and such were actually usable as materials. Calrex gave a small sigh of disappointment as he continued his walk along the path, "So far no good. There's gotta be some materials around here somewhere."

He scratched the back of his head as he looked around, his eyes scanning to see if there was anything of use.

Total: 0

Danger Level 0/3

ID: 12593

As he continued down the mountainous road Calrex looked left and right, trying to find something that stood out. Eventually as he looked around a corner in the path he saw something of interest. It looked to be some kind of plant similar to the cotton-like plant he saw yesterday. However this one was a pink color which made it really stand out against the dark gray of the mountainside.

"Huh, that might prove to be useful. Hopefully it's still in good shape."

He walked over to the plant and inspected it, seeing that it was unblemished and undamaged, quickly plucking it and adding it to his inventory.

ID: 12594

As Calrex continued walking down the path he saw another similar plant to the one he had just found, walking over to it. However right as he was about to pick it up a strong gust blew against the mountainside, knocking the plant loose and over the edge.

"Of course that would happen. I'll need to move faster if I'm going to grab these things if that's the way the weather is going to be..."

ID: 12595

Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +1) = 15

Luckily enough as Calrex continued heading down the path he saw a third plant right on the edge of the mountain path. He quickly rushed over, feeling the wind pick up. As he got close he quickly dove for the plant, grabbing it as it almost blew away. He breathed a sigh of relief as he backed away from the edge, getting to his feet, "Alright that's two down, 23 to go..."

+2 Materials

Total: 2

ID: 12612

As Calrex continued to move down the path there didn't seem to be another of the two plants he had retrieved a few minutes ago, at least for quite a while. He made sure to check around corners and even peeked over the edge to see if there were any just within arm's reach. Unfortunately all he found was patches of grass, some moss here and here, and the very rare eagle's nest.

"Do the monsters find this plant as edible? I haven't even seen any traces of where one could be growing out of. I guess I'll need to keep moving further down in order to recover anything. It's a good thing I started early today so hopefully I'll have enough time."

ID: 12613

It looked like his patience had paid off. As Calrex continued to move down along the road another plant fell into his vision right against the mountainside. He quickly rushed over and inspected it, seeing that it was in good shape before adding it to his inventory.

"Alright, another one down. Three so far today. Not really sure if I can say I'm off to a better start than yesterday, but that dry spell seemed to happen about halfway through the trip."

ID: 12614

Loot Dice: 12 (Search and Detect +1) = 13

After finding the third plant of the day it seemed like there were no more plants for quite some time as Calrex looked around the area. There seemed to be some fog further down, but other than that there was no hide nor hair of anything useful.

"Let's keep moving. Maybe once I get to that foggier area there might be better conditions for the plants to spawn."

Total: 3

ID: 12636

ID: 12637

Loot Dice: 12 (Search and Detect +1) = 13

As Calrex entered the foggier part of the path he looked around left and right, using his hands to try and disperse some of the heavier concentrations of fog. Of course it didn't help very much, but at the least immediately by his face he could see a little clearer.

"Geezes I can barely see my hand in front of my face! Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all."

As he kept walking all of a sudden he heard a snap under his foot. He took a step back, looking at what he had stepped on. Unfortunately it was originally a perfectly good plants like the other ones. Calrex cursed under his breath as he knelt down and inspected it, "Well, at least I know they grow in this area."

ID: 12638

As Calrex continued to wander around he spotted something just out of the corner of his eye, "Huh? Is that something?"

He took a couple of steps, but immediately stopped as he felt some resistance under one of his feet. He quickly stepped back and knelt down, finding another plants like the one he had just stepped on, only this one he managed to stop himself from crushing under his foot. He quickly inspected it and added it to his inventory.

"Awesome, another one down!"

Total: 4

ID: 12662

Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +1) = 19

ID: 12663

As Calrex continued down the path the fog began to slowly disperse and clear, opening up into a more woodland area. The rocky path opened up into a grassy field, the path now no longer carved out of the stone, but paved with rounded stones planted into the ground. As he looked around he found some strange things in a nearby tree. He walked over, observing what had stood out to him. The tree itself seemed fairly plain, but the berries that seemed to grow on it had the three primary colors on each individual branch. He reached up, pulling a branch down so that he could better inspect them.

"Hm, the strong colors on these might make for a great dye. I'm sure Ariel could use this for her crafts."

He plucked two handfuls of the berries, adding them to his inventory.

ID: 12664

As Calrex reached for a third bunch all of a sudden the branch snapped, knocking his third handful out of his hands before dissipating into crystals. He gave a sigh as he looked above, "Better not risk it with any of the higher branches. I'll try and find another tree."

+2 Materials

Total: 6

ID: 12693

Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +1) = 16

As Calrex looked around he found another tree like the one he had found previously. Since he had picked blue and red from the first one he decided to grab yellow from the branch he managed to pull down. Unfortunately this branch seemed weaker than the first one as it snapped after a minute or two of him grabbing a handful. He gave a sigh as he watched it dissipate into a series of crystals, "Well, at least I managed to get one."

ID: 12694

Danger Level 1/3

A few seconds after the branch dissipated Calrex heard the shriek of a large sounding bird, putting him on alert. A fairly large sized shadow seemed to hover over him as he looked around, "Great, first wolves now birds. I hope these berries aren't their food source."

He unlocked his sword from his sheath as he looked upwards. Unfortunately while the fog had dispersed enough that objects at ground level were viewable. Unfortunately anything above that were still skewed by the cover.

"Shoot, this puts me at a serious disadvantage. I'd best be careful not to draw any more attention to myself."

ID: 12695

Calrex continued looked around. He had located another tree after some time, but this time there were no branches around that he could reach, even with his Acrobatics skill, "Shoot, so close. Alright, best be moving on then."

+1 Materials

Total: 7

ID: 12741

ID: 12742

ID: 12743

As Calrex continued to look around for any more of the trees he had seen, multiple ones came his way. Unfortunately, all of the ones he saw didn't have any branches that were within reach or didn't have any berries that were deemed useable.

"I wonder if the trees that I had already picked from were the best ones to gather from. But if I already picked from them would that mean there's none left to grab? *sigh* I'll keep looking, but maybe if there's anything else I can grab that Ariel might be able to make use of I will inspect those as well."

Calrex stretched his arms as he kept his eyes peeled, still curious as to what he would possibly find.

"At the least it appears that the eagle that I took notice of doesn't seem concerned with me just yet."

ID: 12762

Danger Level: 2/3

As if the eagle heard Calrex's thoughts he once again saw the large looming shadow hovering over him. It seemed to have gotten slightly smaller, meaning that it might have gotten closer to the ground, as if it were beginning to home in on him.

"Well that can't be a good sign. I'd best try and keep it quiet. It almost makes me wonder if I should have taken that Sneak and Hide skill. Maybe I'll look into that once I'm able to gain some more Skill Points."

Calrex gave a calming breath as he moved under one of the trees to try and avoid the eagle's detection.

ID: 12763

ID: 12764

Since he spent some time hiding underneath one of the trees he wasn't able to spy any other possible branches from the other trees, nor any other possible flora that could be used for materials. He gave a sigh as he heard a large flap, possibly giving the sign that the eagle decided to look elsewhere.

"Finally I can keep moving."

He left the shadow of the tree and continued walking down the path, his sword now fully drawn and at the ready, "Best be prepared should that bird decide to come back."

ID: 12790

Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +1) = 21

Calrex gave a small smirk as he saw another low branch on a tree a few paces down. He jogged over and looked up to see that it still had some useable berries like the one he had before. These ones were particularly dark, almost black color, "Huh, those might make a good dye for sure. Let's see."

He reached up and managed to easily grab a hold of the branch, pulling it down as he used his free hand to pick a handful of berries, adding them to his inventory, "Alright, another one down...seventeen more to go..."

ID: 12791

ID: 12792

After Calrex managed to get the handful of berries, the other berries he looked at on the branch looked to be already rotten or overly ripe. He gave a small sigh as he let the branch go, but as he did the branch broke off and dissipated into a series of crystals. He turned around, giving a quick look upwards to check and see if there was any sign of the giant eagle from before, giving a small sigh as he saw no hide nor hair of them.

"Alright, best keep moving then..."

Total: 8