SP - F2 Special Orders! (2nd Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Complete)

ID: 12811

Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +1) = 4

As Calrex wandered down the path it seemed that the trees became more and more sparse until eventually there was none in sight. He gave a sigh as he looked around, "Well, no more berry dye trees now. I'll need to see if I can find anything else that might be of use." He gave a sigh as he proceeded down the path, keeping his eyes peeled.

ID: 12812

Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +1) = 19

ID: 12813

Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +1) = 18

A short period of time after seeing the last berry dye tree Calrex happened upon a new area. It seemed to be littered with some strange stones and such. He went over and picked one up, feeling its surface.

"Hm...this kind of reminds me of pumice stones back in the real world. This might be good for smoothing out or softening any cloth that Ariel might have. Guess these could be useful too."

He reached down and managed to gather two that seemed to be large enough to fit into a hand. Any smaller and it probably wouldn't be of use, and larger and no one except a giant could use it.

+2 Materials

Total: 10

Danger Level: 2/3

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 12836

Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect+1) = 12

As Calrex continued his search among the gravel for the pumice stone-like pieces he came across another piece that seemed to be about the right size. Unfortunately as he inspected it he saw it was not the same type of rock that he had retrieved recently. This one was fairly useless for any profession to use. He sighed as he tossed it to the side and got to his feet, "I guess there's other types of stone mixed in with the ones I'm looking for. Maybe there's also some that might be useful for the smiths. I'll keep my eyes peeled for those too."

ID: 12837

Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +1) = 19

As he cleared through another pile of stone he found another suitable piece of the stone he was looking for. He quickly inspected it for any possible cracks and such that might tear the cloth, finding none as he added it to his inventory, getting to his feet, "Alright, another one down. Hopefully this pace continues or picks up. I really don't want to have another dry spell while looking for these things."

ID: 12838

Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect +1) = 6

As he continued looking through the pile he found another that seemed to be of the right size. Unfortunately as he picked it up it seemed to crumble in his hands under even the lightest of pressure, "Darn, this one might have been effected somehow. Possibly moisture or something?" He dusted his hands off as he finished going through the rubble, looking around, "Alright, there's another pile over there. Maybe there's some more inside of it."

He hopped down and began to make his way over.

Total: 11

ID: 12843

ID: 12844

Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +1) = 9

ID: 12845

Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect+1) = 6

Unfortunately it looked like things did not go well in the next few minutes. Calrex rummaged through the various pieces of stone, but it looked like nothing appeared to be useful. None were even possibly useful as ores for the blacksmiths. He gave a sigh as he hopped off of the pile, making his way back down to the path, "Alright well that particular group didn't have anything useful. Maybe if I move down further I might be able to find something useful."

He dusted his hands off and stretched his arms, beginning to move on to the next group of rocks.

ID: 12854

Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +1) = 10

ID: 12855

Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +1) = 8

ID: 12856

Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +1) = 5

It appeared to be that this bunch of rubble had nothing to yield as Calrex shifted piece upon piece of stone to the side as he looked for something of use. While he did find a couple of pieces of the pumice stone-like rocks, they were either gigantic slabs or little pieces. He gave a sigh as he got up from the pile and dusted his hands off once again, putting his hands in his jacket pockets, "I wonder if I should backtrack and see if those other bunches of rock had any other possibly useful chunks of the stone. It looks like I'm not having much luck here."

ID: 12867

ID: 12868

Calrex oved back to one of the previous collections of rocks that he had found the stones inside of previously, rummaging through. While there were more stones like the pumice stone imitation he had found before they were not even close to the correct size he would need.

"I should probably start picking some of these unusable ones and tossing them to the side. It might make my search go a little easier."

With that he began picking up the smaller pieces of stone, tossing them over to the side.

ID: 12869

Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +1) = 20

It seemed like his new strategy actually worked. As he moved the pieces to the side all of a sudden he pulled up another useable piece of stone. He quickly inspected it for any cracks or fissures that would render it useless before adding it to his inventory.

"Alright, I think should should be enough stones for now. I'll get moving to another location and see what else I can find."

He got to his feet, dusting off his hands as he hopped down from the pile of rubble, continuing down the path.

Total: 12

ID: 12873

Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +1) = 11

ID: 12874

Loot Dice: 12 (Search and Detect +1) = 13

ID: 12875

As Calrex made his way further down the path it seemed like the trees and the rubble from before had completely vanished, leaving merely the path and the grassy fields that surrounded him.

"Well, nothing in sight so far. Great, I was hoping at least to find some kind of flower or something else of the sort. Guess my lucks starting to run low today."

The fog had for the most part lifted, giving him a clear view of the sky above as he looked upwards, "At the least it seems like that giant eagle has stopped following me. That's a good sign at least. It'll buy me more time to scrounge around."

He gave a small sigh as he resumed his pace, looking left and right.

ID: 12894

ID: 12895

Loot Dice: 2 (Search and Detect +1) = 3

ID: 12896

"Still nothing in sight. I wonder if I've wandered too far out that materials are going to spawn nearby anymore..."

Calrex gave a sigh as he scanned around the vast grassy field, putting a hand in his jacket pocket as he scanned around. The field didn't seem to end as he traced the path with his eyes. From his perspective it seemed like the field went on forever.

"Well if it's going to continue like this I might be better off heading back towards the city. Maybe I'll find some more materials on the way back."

ID: 12904

Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +1) = 17

As Calrex made his way back up the path towards Urbus he looked in surprise as he happened upon the colored berry trees once again, seeing another low hanging branch had apparently spawned. He gave a breath of relief as he ran over and pulled it down, managing to get a handful of red berries before the branch broke.

"Well it's not a lot, but it's better than nothing. Maybe the respawn is distance related? I wonder if I headed back up the higher path if more materials have spawned."

He quickly added the berries to his inventory before continuing to look around.

ID: 12905

Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +1) = 12

ID: 12906

As he continued looking around he gave a sigh as no other low branches fell into his vision, "Alright, this barren again of materials. Best keep moving then."

He put a hand in his pocket as he headed back up the mountainous part of the path. "I hope I'll have enough light to be able to complete Ariel's order before the day's over."

+1 Materials

Total: 13

ID: 12909

As Calrex made his way back he continued looking around, but still nothing along the mountain path, "Geez, still nothing...there's gotta be something..."

He leaned over the edge of the path, checking to see if there might be any of the cotton-like plants he found before. As he did he quickly turned, looking behind him, "That noise..."

ID: 12910

Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +1) = 2

Danger Level 3/3

Battle Dice: 6

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

Calrex quickly rolled out of the way as a medium sized talon swept down to try and claw at him. The screech of an eagle can be heard as the giant eagle swooped around, circling towards Calrex again. He drew his sword, holding it at the ready, "Great guess that dang buzzard finally caught up to me..."

Calrex calmed himself as he watched the eagle's movements, seeing it swoop in to try and attack him with both claws. Calrex readied his sword as the giant bird came down, delivering a strike to the eagle's neck area as it came down. The eagle screeched as it back up to prepare for another attack.

"Sorry Beleram, I'll need to take out one of your brethren in order to get past this."

Danger Level: 3/3 (Encounter Active)

HP List

Calrex: 21/21

Enemies:

Giant Eagle: 7/11

ID: 12920

Battle Dice: 6 

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

As the eagle swooped in again at Calrex he prepared himself, waiting for the eagle to get within striking range before thrust forward. Unfortunately as he stabbed the eagle it picked him up in its talons, slamming him into the side of the mountain.

"Gh!"

After successfully ramming him into the mountainside it quickly released Calrex, letting him drop towards the ground. He recovered quickly, flipping so reorient himself before landing on his feet. "Okay, that could've hurt much worse if it weren't for Ariel's top she gave me."

He looked up above, seeing the eagle swooping around for another attack. He raised his blade, keeping it trained on the eagle.

"Alright then, watch out for those talons and you should be fine. It hasn't tried using its beak just yet, which might be a good sign."

HP List

Calrex: 18/21

Enemies:

Giant Eagle: 3/11

Danger Level: 3/3 (Encounter Active)

ID: 12952

Battle Dice: 7

Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +1) = 5

Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +1) = 15

Calrex kept his eyes trained on the eagle as it continued to circle around out of his reach, giving a calming breath as he gave his sword a quick twirl to keep his wrist loose. As he continued watching its flight pattern he noticed something out of the ordinary. It seemed to be flying in an infinity pattern, as if trying to build momentum.

"Looks like its preparing to try and build up speed for a powerful attack. Alright that's good. It might be that it will dedicate too much to its attack that it'll forget about blocking. Of course for all I know it's abandoning defending anyway."

The eagle gave a screech as it broke the pattern, diving down towards Calrex, its talons outstretched. He raised his sword, bringing it back, bending his legs.

"It looks like that attack needs to be exactly where its targeting to work. Which means..."

As the eagle got to the edge of Calrex's jump distance he leapt up. As he predicted the talons tried to block his path, but the speed of the charge made him easily slip through before that happened. As he did he brought his sword forward, cutting across the eagle as he moved to the left, clearing the eagle's body as he completed his jump. The eagle gave a final screech before crashing into the mountainside, dissipating into a series of crystals. Calrex landed further up the path, giving a breath of relief as he resheathed his sword, "Alright, that's done with..."

Loot List

+1 Material

75 col

50 col (Bonus)

HP List

Calrex: 18/21

Enemies:

Giant Eagle: -1/11

Total: 14

Danger Level: 0/3

ID: 12953

Danger Level: 1/3

It looked like things would be quiet after the giant eagle was defeated, but unfortunately that brief respite was immediately shattered as Calrex made his way back up the mountainous path at the sound of a howl. He unlocked his sword from its sheath, getting ready, "Aw come on not again. You've gotta be kidding me..."

"Alright then, well if its' going to be another wolf I've already fought them before. If this was anything like the last one I'd best exercise caution. Especially if it wants to try and make my arm a chew toy again."

Calrex gave a calming breath as he straightened his stance, moving closer to the side of the mountain, "I'll try and stay more stealthy now. Maybe that might help with keeping any other creatures off of my tail."

ID: 12954

Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect+1) = 6

ID: 12955

Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +1) = 12

The new stealth strategy seemed to be working as Calrex made his way back up the path. Unfortunately, because of it he was unable to get a full view of the area, meaning that he might have missed a few spots where materials may have spawned. However, he wanted to avoid further combat if possible, so he willingly ignored that possibility. As he snuck by there were two materials that were hanging off of the edge, just out of sight, as if mocking him.

"Well it looks like I've lost that wolf for now. I might want to try and resume looking around for more materials. If I can complete the order today that would be fantastic."

Total: 14

ID: 12961

Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +1) = 21

As Calrex detached himself from the side of the mountain he spied something he had not seen since he first started the day. It was one of the cotton-like plants he had seen on this particular part of the path before. He immediately went over to it, quickly inspecting it before adding the material to his inventory.

"I don't remember it growing in this particular spot before. Hm...so time, distance, and even location might be factors to the frequency of the the materials spawning. Man this is going to be more difficult than I thought. I'll need to think about this in detail once I'm done with today, so that hopefully I might quickly make enough to finish Mari's order tomorrow."

ID: 12962

ID: 12963

Loot Dice: 13 (Search and Detect +1) = 14

As he continued searching the immediate area for any more of the plants it seemed like the two that he had previously walked by were detached by the wind. As they blew by Calrex turned and looked, giving a soft curse under his breath as he put his hands in his pockets.

"I guess those two were out of my line of sight. I can't believe I missed them so easily. Of course, I was trying to avoid being detected by the wolf so I guess I just had to let those pass."

He gave a sigh as he turned back to the path, continuing to make his way up.

+1 Materials

Total: 15

ID: 12965

Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +1) = 8

ID: 12966

After making his way around the path in the side of the mountain Calrex finally made his way back to the fields just outside of Urbus. It looked like the sun had just reached its peak in the sky as he arrived. Calrex gave a small sigh as he scratched the back of his head, "All this way and not a single material on the trip back since that last one. Am I missing something?"

He scanned across fields, seeing two thing that could possibly be plants that he could use. Unfortunately when he arrived at each one they turned out to be regular plants that decorated the fields, nothing that could be useful.

"There's gotta be something around here. I went a pretty far distance and spent a significant amount of time away. I guess the next factor to take into account is the random spawning locations?"

ID: 12967

As he combed around a little more all of a sudden he found a new material. It looked to be a patch of feathers, possibly shed from an eagle. They appeared to be large enough that they could be used as parts for some kind of accessory.

"Hm...I wonder if these could be used as accents in an armor. Guess I'll take them for now and see if I can find any others."

With that he retrieved the feathers and continued looking around.

+1 Material

Total: 16

Danger Leve: 1/3

ID: 12974

"Huh, another bunch of feathers..."

Calrex walked over and found another patch of eagle feathers just out of the shadow of a nearby tree, checking and inspecting it before adding it to his inventory.

"I guess this area might be a part of the eagle's flight path, hence why there are so many feathers detached and fallen here."

He got back to his feet as he dusted off his pants, looking around, "Alright so far so..."

ID: 12975

Danger Level 2/3

Calrex quickly cut off his sentence as he heard the howl from before, only this time it sounded closer than earlier.

"Oh great that wolf must still be on my trail. That's not good...I'd best be more careful. I probably won't be able to avoid it picking up my scent, but at the least I can keep my distance until I have to engage it."

He drew his sword out of its sheath, holding it in a reverse position as he continued his search.

ID: 12976

Loot Dice: 2 (Search and Detect +1) = 3

As Calrex continued looking around for more bundles of feathers he didn't seem to be having any luck with picking up on any more feathers.

"I wonder if I wandered too far from their flight path. Maybe if I do a little backtracking I'll be able to find more collections of feathers..."

He tried to draw a path in his head going from the patches of feathers he had found previously, heading on a walking path what seemed to be in line with them.

+1 Material

Total: 17

ID: 12985

Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +1) = 16

It seemed like Calrex was on the right track as he came across another bundle of feathers, reaching down and adding them to his inventory, "Alright, it looks like I picked up their flight path again. If I keep moving along this I should be able to consistently find more."

He put his hands in his jacket pockets as he continued, trying to make sure he kept to the route he had plotted in his head.

ID: 12986

ID: 12987

Although he did manage to find a couple more collections of feathers, it looked like they were all stuck in the branches of a tree that was sitting on the eagles' flight path. He gave a sigh as he tried to jump up and reach a branch, but the tree was far too tall for him to reach, "Darn, so close."

"Well the feathers are there however. I'm just glad there's no strong winds blowing them all over the place. That would make my job much more difficult."

He put a hand behind his head as he moved on.

+1 Material

Total: 18

ID: 13046

Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +1) = 17

As Calrex continued wandering it seemed like he had picked up on the path again as he saw another bundle of feathers, giving a sigh of relief once again, "Alright, let's see the triangulation right now. So If the first two were there, the third was there...the fourth was here...so the next one should be around there..."

With that he continued moving towards the suspected location of the next pile.

ID: 13047

ID: 13047

It looked like the feathers were in the area, but they had once again become stuck to the tops of the trees that were in the area. Calrex gave a sigh as he scratched the back of his head, "Alright, so my suspicions were right, but it was the area itself that hindered my progress. At least it seems like I'm figuring out the algorithm, so hopefully I can get a better idea of where to find useful materials."

Total: 19

ID: 13059

Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Dice +1) = 15

ID: 13060

ID: 13061

"Well, I think I hit the jackpot."

As Calrex continued to follow his suspected path for the eagle's flight he came across three individual bunches of eagle's feathers, all appearing to be in good shape.

"Alright, this could be a good or a bad sign. If there's this kind of a cluster that could mean that they took a break here or possibly took off from this location."

He gave a quick look around to see if there were any possible signs of the eagles touching down, but it appeared to be none was in sight.

"Alright, well I'll keep looking nearby. Maybe I'll find some more along the way."

+3 Materials

Total: 22

ID: 13067

Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +1) = 5

It appeared that searching the immediate area wasn't the best course of action, as it took up a decent amount of time for no results. Calrex sighed as he dusted his hands off, seeing that the area didn't yield any more signs of feathers or any other traces from the eagles.

"Hm...I shouldn't go wandering much farther. I'll get started making my way back towards Urbus. Maybe I'll find something on the way back."

ID: 13068

Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +1) = 15

ID: 13069

Heading back towards Urbus seemed to be the best course of action as Calrex began to stumble a new kind of material. Leaking from one of the trees was some kind of strange substance. Calrex walked over to it, using a leaf to pick up a small bit of the liquid, feeling it with his finger.

"Huh, this seems to coat my fingers in a very small layer, it almost feels like some kind of coating agent. Hm...this might be useful for stiffening the fibers of some cloths to make then more resilient."

He collected a decent cupful of the liquid, adding it to his inventory. Interestingly enough the liquid continued to pour out, enough for Calrex to put together another cupful before the sap-like substance stopped coming out of tree.

"Alright, I've got almost enough materials for Ariel's shop. Plus it seems like there's still some daylight out. I wonder if I might be able to procure some more materials for Mari before the light's spent."

+2 Materials

Total: 24

ID: 13073

"Alright I think that's the last one..."

As Calrex came up on another tree he saw another small stream of the sap-like liquid from before. He gave a smirk as he rushed over and retrieved another cupful of it before adding it to his inventory.

"Awesome that makes 25. That wills Ariel's order. I'd best head back and deliver this to her and come back out to find the rest of Mari's...maybe even find a few more extra to give to Oikawa and some other shops if I'm able."

+1 Materials

Total: 25

As Calrex arrived back in Urbus he immediately made his way over to the portal plaza, activating it and teleporting to the fourth floor, quickly going over to Ariel's shop, The Lion's Den, and delivered her order before returning to the second floor.

"Alright, now to find the rest of Mari's order. I'll take a quick rest first though so that I can recover a little bit before heading back out."