SP - F2 Special Orders! (2nd Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Complete)

After taking his quick rest Calrex moved some of his blue hair out of the way of his face, heading back to the Urbus settlement's westen gate, prepared to gather more materials.

"Alright, so now now all I need to do is find 15 Materials for the rest of Mari's order. So that means I'll need to look out for anything that might prove to be useful in her alchemy. That probably means herbs, bugs, plants, etc. that could be used for brewing and mixing right?"

As he kept thinking of possible items he should look for he stretched his arms, exiting out of the gate. There seemed to be a little more activity than when he had first departed, with players and NPCs moving through the gate with at least three or four passing through simultaneously at a time.

"Probably a good and a bad sign. More players outside means less monsters focused on me, but it could also means slimmer pickings for materials."

ID: 13296

Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +1) = 8

The first few minutes didn't seem to yield anything as Calrex made his way around the immediate vicinity of the settlement. There was...certainly a lot of grass, but nothing that seemed to stand out. Not even a ladybug or any other arthropod that he could pick.

"Wait...when did I decide to start picking bugs as well as plants for Mari's order? I must be starting to get a little desperate for something to use."

He got to his feet as he dusted off his pants, the flecks of brown falling off his black pants. Once he finished he put his hands into the familiar pockets of his blue jacket, looking further down the path.

"I guess I'll need to continue making my way further away from the settlement for some possible results."

ID: 13297

Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +1) = 15

As Calrex made his way further down the path he noticed something of interest. There appeared to be something rather odd on one of the rocks that dotted the landscape. He made his way over, seeing a moderately sized beetle crawling across. It looked like a strange cross between a Hercules beetle and a praying mantis, and it appeared to be giving off some strange kind of scent.

"Hm...I wonder if Mari could grind this bug up to make use of that smell."

With that he gently picked up the beetle from behind to make sure it didn't try to attack him, adding it to his inventory. The beetle disappeared from between his fingers as he gave a small sigh. "Alright, on to the next one."

ID: 13298

Loot Dice: 13 (Search and Detect +1) = 14

There appeared to be a similar bug to the Hercules-mantis cross that Calrex had encountered a few minutes ago hanging out on the trunk of a tree. Calrex tried to sneak up behind it like he had done before, but apparently his movement were a little to hasty or some sort, because as he got within a fingers reach of the bug it opened its wings and flew off further up into the tree. Calrex gave a sigh of disappointment as he  put his hand back in his pocket, "Well, I definitely won't win every time. Guess I'd better move on before I lose any more light."

+1 Materials

Total: 1

Danger Level: 0/3 (Rest Reset)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 13335

Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +1) = 19

ID: 13336

Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +1) = 18

After Calrex's failed attempt at capturing another beetle he happened upon another tree which actually had two beetle in the act of...

"I'd better be really careful at picking these two up..."

He looked away as he quickly reached over, feeling both of the bugs caught in his hand as he quickly added them to his inventory, "Ok, well that was gross. Best keep moving...I really wish I had some hand sanitizer or something on me. That was just odd. Why would they add that little detail in there?"

ID: 13337

Loot Dice: 12 (Search and Detect +1) = 13

As he arrived at the next area he saw a beetle flying around before landing on a nearby rock, "Alright let's see if I can nab this one."

He sneakily maneuvered his way behind the beetle as he raised his hand, preparing to [censored] it. Unfortunately, right as he was about to lash out a random gust blew in, throwing the beetle off of the rock and into the sky. Calrex sighed as he saw the beetle's wings open, taking off into the sky.

"Well that was unfortunate timing. Alright, next one then..."

+2 Materials

Total: 3

Danger Level: 0/3

ID: 13357

Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +1) = 12

"Alright...after that last one I think I'll take a creak from looking for those beetles."

Calrex gave a sigh as he put his hands in his jacket pockets, looking around. Even if he had decided to continue searching for the beetles he would've been unable to due to the fact that there didn't appear to be anymore around.

"I guess that gust took a lot of them with it. They're rather light for looking so heavily armored."

ID: 13358

Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +1) = 19

ID: 13359

Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +1) = 20

As Calrex continued looking around all of a sudden he saw two odd looking protrusions sticking out of the ground nearby a tree. He ran over and dug nearby, seeing that it was apparently a part of a root.

"This might prove to be useful. Roots have been used in medicine and alchemy for a long time. Maybe these will prove to be useful."

He reached down, pulling out what appeared to be two roots. He added them to his inventory as he got to his feet, "Alright, two more down, ten more to go."

Total: 5

ID: 13428

As Calrex tried digging around for more roots it looked like his efforts weren't as fruitful as his original attempt at gathering bugs. No matter what he had dug out, none of them appeared to be the same root he had found before.

"Man these things are elusive. They're stationary, but it almost feels like they're moving around to try and get away from me."

He got to his feet, dusting off his hands, "Alright this is getting me nowhere. Maybe I'll just be opportunistic with these roots and look for a different material in the meantime."

ID: 13429

After giving up looking for the roots Calrex began looking around for something else that might stand out, looking over as he saw something that was of interest. It was a couple of flowers that were hanging down from a tree, almost like angel's trumpets from the real world. They were even similar in shape, but were a deep purple and appeared to have small star-like patterns dotting their petals, "Hm...might prove useful.:

He reached up and plucked the flowers, adding them to his inventory, "If these are anything like real angel's trumpets they have some strange kind of poison in their stamen that Mari might be able to use in her potions."

ID: 13430

Loot Dice: 6 (Search and Detect +1) = 7

As Calrex rounded the tree he saw another pair of flowers, but this time they were way too high up in the tree for him to reach. He gave a sigh as he tried to use his Acrobatics to try and reach them, but the attempt put them just out of reach. Calrex landed and put his hands in his pockets, giving another sigh, "Alright, well at least there's a higher chance of me finding these compared to the roots.

+1 Materials

Total: 6

ID: 13441

Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +1) = 2

ID: 13442

ID: 13443

Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +1) = 9

As he happened upon another tree Calrex looked up and saw more of the purple angel's trumpet plants, scanning the branches for any that might be low hanging and within his reach. He gave a sigh as he saw they were all up off of the ground, scanning the branches, "Well, if I can't reach them this way maybe this will give it a better shot."

He crouched before sprinting towards the tree, running up it before kicking off, dashing across the branches as he tried to nab the bunches of flowers. Since the leaves were in his way he couldn't make sure if he had actually successfully grasped any of them. As he leapt off he did a quick flip to slow his fall before landing on his feet at the base of the tree, looking at his hands.

Nothing, just a bunch of leaves.

Calrex gave a sigh as he tossed the leaves aside, putting his hands back in his pockets, "Alright, no good there. Maybe it's time to look for a different material again."

Total: 6

ID: 13458

Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +1) = 15

ID: 13459

Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +1) = 4

ID: 13460

"Alright I'll give this one more shot..."

As Calrex walked away from the tree he had just abandoned he quickly rotated on the balls of his feet and rushed back towards it, attempting another leap to try and retrieve any of the purple angel's trumpets he had just seen. He quickly darted from branch to branch, this time trying to keep his eyes open as he maneuvered around the tree, leaping off of it once he lost his momentum. As he landed he looked to his left and right hands. Each one had managed to grab a single bunch of the flowers to his surprise as he quickly added them to his inventory.

"Alright awesome, this should work perfectly fine. Now I can try looking for some other materials."

+2 Materials

Total: 8

Danger Level 0/3

ID: 13466

ID: 13467

ID: 13468

Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +1) = 8

After Calrex finished retrieving the flowers from the tree he began to search around for other materials that he could use, giving a sigh as nothing showed up. There was one point where he thought there was another root that he could retrieve, but it turned out to be just a sapling, which he quickly planted to hopefully allow it to keep growing.

"Alright, well there appears to be less materials around now. I wonder if there's still players around trying to gather them as well and it's cutting down the total supply the game can generate."

He got to his feet, dusting off his pants as he took another look around, "Alright, where should I look next?

ID: 13510

Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +1) = 10

As Calrex moved on to a new area he began to scrounge around and see if there was anything that might stand out as particularly unique from the landscape, or at least another sign of something that might be useful. Unfortunately nothing appeared to be of any use. Every plant, flower, and bug that he saw seemed to actually be part of the landscape, and the ones he picked turned out to not be useful for materials after all.

"Alright this area seems pretty barren. Let's see if there's something else I can find..."

ID: 13511

Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +1) = 2

Danger Level: 1/3

As Calrex made his way further down all of a sudden he heard a new noise. It seemed like some form of grunt, but it didn't seem happy at all. As Calrex turned and looked around he got a glimpse of what appeared to be...a horn.

"Some kind of elk...or goat? I should probably be careful. It seems like it might be fairly territorial."

Calrex kept his hand on his sword as he stayed low and began to make his way further away from the spot where he saw the creature, making his way back towards the path.

ID: 13510

The close encounter had forced Calrex back to the path, without seeing so much as a mushroom on his way. There were no materials to be spotted as he gave a sigh, "This is going to be the long part of the day, isn't it?"

He released his grip on his sword handle as he put his hands in his jacket pockets, "Alright then, maybe I'll make my way a little further down before I decide to continue my search. Hopefully I'll have more luck over there."

ID: 13558

Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +1) = 11

As Calrex came to another spot he felt would yield some useful materials he rolled up his sleeves as he began looking around. There appeared to be some kind of strange herb growing from the ground in the shadow of a boulder, but upon further inspection it turned out to be another collection of grass somehow twirled together on itself, possibly the the strong wind that had blown through recently. He gave a sigh as he got to his feet, "Alright so that's a trick. Is there something else around in this area that might be of use?"

ID: 13559

Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +1) = 21

ID: 13560

A few moments after he passed the grass bundle he looked and saw that apparently there were herbs growing in this area as he happened upon a small patch of some strange plants. These seemed a lot like basil, except the scent they gave off was oddly sweet, close to a freesia or some other kind of flower. He reached over and plucked the two herbs that were growing there, adding them to his inventory, "A scent might mean it has a lot of volatile compounds that might be useful for some kind of potion. Maybe Mari can make use of these."

With that he got back to his feet, "Wonder if there's any more of these herbs around this area."

Total: 10

ID: 13609

ID: 13610

As Calrex continued to look around for more of the herbs it looked like he was having no luck turning any up, at least until he saw something that appeared to be another one. Unfortunately as he reached it he saw the herb was covered in bruises and other deformations that made it clear it was unusable. He gave a sigh as he got to his feet, turning adn looking around, "No good here then. Let's see if there's any more further down the path."

ID: 13611

As Calrex was about to leave the area he was searching he looked in surprise as he almost stepped on another herb. He knelt down and inspected it, seeing that it was in good shape before adding it to his inventory, "Good another one down. Just about four more to go before Mari's order is complete."

He gave a sigh as he wiped some sweat from his brow, "Wow, this actually pretty tough work, but it's fruitful...I hope."

Total: 11

ID: 13654

Calrex decided to give the area one last sweep for herbs before moving on. At the start it looked to be that there were no more to be found as he combed the grass, keeping an eye out for anything unusual and unlike the numerous blades that covered the ground. As he covered one third of the area he got back to his feet, dusting off his pants as he returned his hands to his jacket pockets, "Well, no luck on this side. Now for the middle part then..."

ID: 13655

Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +1) = 21

The middle area proved to be slightly more fruitful as Calrex managed to find a single herb hidden in the shadow of a boulder. He quickly inspected it before adding it to his inventory before continuing his search. Unfortunately, there appeared to be no further herbs in the middle of the area. As he reached the end of his intended search path he sighed as he stood up once again, "Alright, one more found. That leaves the area over there. Let's hope there's something over there."

ID: 13656

Loot Dice: 2 (Search and Detect +1) = 3

The last third of the field proved unfruitful as he completed his walk. There was nothing even close to an herb there, not even a bundle of grass twirled together to look like one. Calrex gave a small sigh as he put his hands in his pockets, looking back towards the path, "This area appears to be clean. Time to be moving on to the next field then."

With that he walked back to the beaten path and began to travel down it towards his next intended gathering area.

Total: 12

ID: 13689

Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +1) = 5

ID: 13690

ID; 13691

Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +1) = 11

As Calrex began searching around the new area for materials it seemed this particular spot had been picked clean as well. The only things objects that littered the area were all part of the environment itself: Grass, rocks, birds, trees, bugs. Nothing seemed to stand out. At one point he thought he had lucked out when another beetle like the one from before had landed on a nearby boulder, but was almost immediately blown away once again when he started taking steps towards it.

"*sigh* Alright if this area is clear as well I'd best keep moving on. Remaining here isn't getting me anywhere."

Total: 12

ID: 13692

Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +1) = 17

After moving on to a new area it looked like Calrex's luck had taken a turn for the better as he saw a beetle land on a nearby log. He stealthily approached it, making sure to keep his steps light as he closed in on his prey. Finally once he got into grabbing range he carefully extended his arm, making sure he kept it out of the beetle's "field of vision" by moving in from behind. Finaly he picked it up carefully with his fingers before adding it to his inventory, "Alright, another material down. On to the next one."

ID: 13693

Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +1) = 2

Danger Level: 2/3

As Calrex continued walking he stopped and went on alert as he heard the familiar grunt from before, "Looks like I somehow ended back up in that creature's territory. Best make my way further way to avoid provoking it."

With that he drew his Anneal Blade, heading further south and away from the noise. When he felt he was a safe enough distance away he resheathed his weapon, giving a sigh of relief, "Alright, I think I should have enough to complete Mari's order. But, I'll give one last look around before heading back." 

ID: 13694

If Calrex had decided to stop sooner his search would have proven fruitful. Since he was focused on getting out the creature's territory he had completely missed a collection of mushrooms that were growing at the base of a tree about ten paces away from his location. As if to mock him the mushrooms were just out of sight, hidden in the shadow of the tree they were growing under.

Calrex gave a sigh as his final search turned up nothing, "Alright then, let's get started heading back. If I take some from my personal current stash I should have enough to complete Mari's order. Not like I have a real use for them at this point anyway."

Total: 13

Danger Level: 2/3

As Calrex arrived back at the gates of Urbus he gave a small sigh of relief. After spending such a long time gathering materials for both Ariel and Mari, he felt that it was a great haul, "Whew, alright...I don't think I've got enough energy in me for another trip for a while. Best spend that time getting stronger so that the next time it might be a little bit easier."

He gave his arms a stretch as he made way to the portal, taking it to the tenth floor so that he could deliver the materials to Mari before returning back to the first floor, looking around, "I guess I'd best make way back to the Hogsback Inn. I'm in real need of some shutteye now."

With that he gave a smile to himself for a job well done before taking off.

Topic Complete

3 Pages Completed (1200 col)

Thread Complete (1 SP)