[PP][F1] Help from unusual allies (Kiru, Noctis, Ariel)

Hikoru w walked around, trying to see if he could find anything that might be laying around a player may have accidentally dropped. He sighed as to no prevail he could find anything, and he was too scared to be able to go out on his own. Suddenly, he saw a young player drop something, and he went to retrieve it. It was a uncommon chest piece, something he could use himself. But guilt struck him and he stopped the person, giving back their chest piece. They thanked him and walked on.

"Man.... What can I do? No money, no friends.... No nothing, And I'm afraid ti go outside!" He said to himseld, kicking a can that soon evaporated from deterioration of the durability. He sighed and slumped onto a nearby wall, unable to do anything

Once again Ariel found herself walking through the busy streets of the Starting City. As always she was lead to the teleportation gate by her trusty companion, a white lion cub. As Kimba, as that was the name Ariel gave her, made room through the crowds she would start roaring to scare nearby players and make room for the two of them. Initially, Ariel found that action a bit abusive and would have scolded her familiar for acting in such a way but now she was grateful that she could walk these busy streets without being caught in the sea of people. She motioned her furry companion to stop advancing and head towards a nearby free bench so that they could rest a bit.

"This place is as crowded as ever isn't it girl?" she asked her companion while petting her on the head, when she could catch a glimpse of something that instantly caught her attention. A player still in starting gear, that picked up a item from the floor, apparently dropped by somebody in a rush. The blond's first instinct was to go there and have him return it to it's rightful owner but she decided to postpone that action on a hunch, that later was proven right as the the one in starting gear returned the chest piece to its rightful owner. With a clap she rose from the bench and approach this noble soul addressing him with a smile:

"You don't find many like you around here, young man, that was truly the right thing to do. And so, allow me to reward you for your honesty." Then with a couple of hand gestures she materialized a dark green pair of neatly folded leather pants and hands them to the boy. "Take this, it isn't much but it will help you more than your starting gear.As the name suggest take pride in knowing you're a rare breed here in Aincrad. I'm Ariel, nice to meet you." Ariel's companion decided to make her appearance as well, closing in on the boy and sniffing him then letting out a satisfied growl.

-Gifted Item to Hikoru:

ItemPride

Item type : Leather Armor
Quality: Rare
Enhancement:  +1 Dmg Mit +1 Thorns
Shop:  The Lion's Den
Description: A pair of dark green leather pants , they seem pretty common but who knows what secrets they might hold.

((PS: I didn't bother much with Ariel's description since you can see it in the pic in her signature..Kimba's as well.

Floor one today was unusually...peaceful. No birds chirped annoyingly, no NPCs disturbed me, and most importantly no players made a ruckus. It was quite suspicious actually. Normally there would be hoards of players just crowding around the middle of the street but strangely, there were none in sight. I crossed my arms and slowed my pace, beginning to enjoy the ghost town. Even a smirk found it's way onto my angered face. It was the middle of the day so maybe everyone was eating lunch? Maybe everyone was just busy today? Either way, it didn't matter as long as I had the streets to myself. 

And at that I was wrong; I spoke too soon. To my right there were two players discussing something. This wouldn't have bothered me if I didn't know who they were but sadly, I knew the blonde one. To me she was especially annoying. This girl Ariel wasn't really fazed by my threats and even saw me when I was "calm." The worst part was she called me "neechan," which was creepy if you ask me. Ariel was super cheerful and right now I was not in the mood to be moshed by her familiar, Kimba. So, to try and not be noticed I ducked my head and scurried in the opposite direction.  With my head towards the ground I couldn't really see where I was going, therefore causing me to bump into something- or someone. 

Now I kinda wished there were people so that I could fade away into the crowd. 

In Starting City, I was just walking around the city, being me. I was at a shop by the name of Gurando Foji, or better known as The Grand Forge. I messaged the blacksmith about creating the cloak and was able to retrieve the cloak from him. "​What is there to do? After retrieving the cloak, I don't know what else to do. Maybe train somewhere, or maybe another quest?" I asked myself many questions, but still had nothing in mind. It seems like I was walking around the city for hours, but it's only been half and hour. I continue to walk around, noticing something odd is going on. "There's no one around.. Where is everyone? Are they hiding again?" I asked myself, as I take a look around.

I proceeded to walk in the empty streets of Starter City, but suddenly a hoard of players came out of nowhere. I squint my eyes to see a white tiger of some sort come out of the crowd. I placed my hand on the hilt of my weapon, preparing for a battle. "Wait.. This area is supposed to be safe. Why is there a monster in the area?" I said, as I attempt to walk closer, but stopped myself, and walked away. The player followed the tiger and went over to another player, but it seems like they knew each other, so I continued to walk towards the crowd. "Now.. what to do again? This city is boring, but I can't just leave at this level." I said, as I crash into someone.

I fell on the floor, rubbing my head and found myself looking at a female player. "Keeh. You need to watch where you're going." I said, as I stood up, offering my hand to pick the player up.

I stare at the new armor with a feeling of gratitude. Never had a random person been so nice to me, that I kinda went into shock for a moment. He stared at the item, then quickly went to the menu to equip them. Suddenly a flash of light surrounded him, and the new pair or leggings were there.

"Wow, just.... thank you so much! My name is Hikoru by the way.... This is such a nice pair of leggings... I wish I could pay you back... I'm sorry I can't..." he says, slightly bowing. Suddenly he hears two players hitting each other and falling, and I turn to see a boy and a girl. The boy looked to be a strong, lean player, and he knew instantly not to mess with him. The girl looked to be strong as well, and well, like a girl. He went over to them, trying to help out

"Are you guys okay? He asked them, seeing if there was anything he could do.

Ariel was a little surprised to see the boy staring blankly at her for a couple of seconds, asking a simple:"Are you alright?" She'd gotten her answer the next couple of seconds as he snapped out of it and equipped the item, apologizing for some reason. " there's no need for anything I'm glad you like them,.." She was about to continue when she could hear a crashing noise followed by Kimba's menacing growls: "easy girl," she reassured her familiar which probably was remembering the time when the girl with two toned haired threatened her with her dagger.

Curios, Ariel followed the boy to where a couple of people were on the ground. Seeing a familiar face, Ariel barely contained a chuckle once she saw her fellow guild member, the self proclaimed Maverick Hunter Kiru. Her eyes immediately went to the other person that already had his hand on his weapon ready for battle. Remembering some of Kiru's words Ariel quickly stepped between them trying to 'help' the guy to get up, motioning him to remove his hand from the blade, while slowly shaking her head then speaking: "Quite a rare sight to see you at the lowest floor, Kiru ojou-neechan. But a happy encounter nethertheless, what brings you to our mortal planes?" She asked with a grin, for the other two this might have seemed like a formal and polite greeting but that definitely wasn't her objective. She then continues grinning, looking at Kiru with a mischievous smile asking: "And who might this man be? Maybe a acquaintance of yours?...after our last encounter I just have to ask." Her smile then changed into her regular one expecting Kiru's answer.

My hands instinctively went behind me back to soften the fall. Even with this form of protection I ended up on my rear. By the sudden impact with the ground I was shocked, I was normally very careful about losing my balance. Even in the toughest situations of my career I hadn't fallen but somehow in the this very moment gravity failed me. It was probably because I was so frantic to get away from the blonde for various reasons. Ariel annoyed me to the point of wanting to plug my ears and scream but seeing as we were now in the same guild it wasn't a respectful thing to do. So instead of being "rude" I concluded that simply walking away was the best option; that didn't work. Obviously the universe was bent on making me miserable. 

I rubbed my fingers on the temples of my head and inhaled deeply. When I finally decided to make human contact with the outstretched hand in front of my face I slapped it away cooly. Next I stood up on my own and glared icily upon the player I had knocked into. "No, you need to watch where your'e going." I stated and looked right, Ariel was coming this way. 

Along with the other player, she stopped in front of us. "No, I am not okay but thank you for asking, run amok now young one." I said to the newer looking player with a curious look on his face. Next to him, Ariel spoke. I shifted in my place and ran my fingers through my black and white hair. "Stop calling me neechan. I am not your anything". I hissed and crossed my arms. All I wanted to to was be alone, yet here I was with three other players that I already did not like. "Well you see Ariel, sweet Ariel. Mavericks like to kill the noobs around here. What can I say? They're an easy kill. So, I'm here to make sure nothing happens." 

I gave the player a "you've got to be kidding" expression, and place backed up a few, as the blonde player with the tiger came in between us. "Tch. This is what the people of Aincrad are." I said, as I was about to turn, a new player, fairly new one at that, asked if we were okay. I gave him a slight grin, and said "Thank you for asking, but I guess I'll feel a lot better than stay here." I said, as I turn away from the group. There wasn't much to do around Starter City, as of now, but I had to get away from these two players. They seem to not enjoy the company of others around, and I don't have time to deal with players like that. "You seem lost. Do you need help?" I asked.

The two females converse, as I wrap my arm around the neck of the new player, making him follow me towards the exit of Starter City. "Have you done any quests? Actually, have you found your profession yet?" I asked the player with a curious tone. I pointed at a few NPCs that might intrigue the player, but realized that I shouldn't be telling someone how to live their life. "Excuse my manners. Like my question before, do you need any help with anything?" I asked, as I let go of the player's neck.

I drop down on the bench, awaiting for the player's response. "Days like these.. are pathetic." I said to myself, in a very soft tone.

Hikoru, accepting that the other players were okay, listened to Ariel and the other girl player converse, quickly learned that the two of them knew each other from somewhere. He didn't know how, but it really wasn't his thing to ask about, so he let it be. Suddenly he was lurched into a direction and looked to see an arm around his shoulder. He looked to see the older player leading him somewhere. He was scared of where it would be, not knowing what the other player was going to do, and he knew he could easily kill him if he lead him out of the town. He watched slowly, and made sure they didn't leave the town. Soon the Older player asked him a question about needing help, and he looked down and thought for a moment. He had heard about Professions, and knew that he needed to find one to fit in with the other players. He opened his menu and looked at the different professions. One specific profession caught his eye. Merchant. He looked at the description and decided to focus on that.

"I uh.... I think I will choose Merchant.... Is there anything specific I have to do to be able to get that profession?" He asked, very newbie like. He didn't know anything about this game, and the Menu didn't come with a manual or anything like that. He looked at the older player, hearing him mutter something, but brushed it off as just talking to himself, something he does from time to time. He looked around where they were, enjoying the view or birds flying about him, and the clear blue sky soaring about his reach, unable to grasp the clouds, no matter how much he would want to. "My name is Hikoru by the way. Nice to meet you." He said to the other player, trying to make conversation. He sat down on the bench, still staring at the clouds in the sky.

Somehow Ariel had a small hope that Kiru would not be so .. unwelcoming towards her and the others but there was nothing really she could do but be herself. Out of the blue the strange kid that bumped Kiru grabbed Hikoru and started walking away with him, Ariel motioned Kimba to follow them then looked at Kiru: " 

"No can't do, were part of the same guild so that makes us a big and 'happy' family now that I'm in. You can say whatever you want but that's the truth now. Don't worry big sis understands that you're going through a faze, something like denial, and will wait patiently 'till you accept her." said the blond, barely containing a chuckle. "But I must say you're pretty considerate towards the noobs. And there they go... Who was that guy anyway?" she asked while looking in the direction the two went "Shall we join them?" she asked while half turning, ready to walk in that directions if Kiru would accept. Meanwhile Kimba closed in on the two on the bench and started growling at the guy who took Hikoru with him.

((sry for the length..it's the best I can squeeze for now

[OOC: I don't want this to die out, but I'll just post. I'll let the next person to start the fight.]

I looked over at Hikoru with a surprised expression, "Mer-Merchant? I've never met anyone that has taken a Merchant position before. I'm not sure what you have to do on that one. I'll check up on that for you." I said, as we stop in front of the exit of Starter City. I wrote down what a merchant has to do to obtain the profession. Then I heard Hikoru introduce himself, and I quickly store my journal back into my inventory. I shook his hand with a smile on my face. "I go by the name of Noctis. It's very nice to meet you Hikoru." I said, as I look over at the grassy fields. "Are you ready to head into the wild?" I asked, as the White Lion creeps up on the two us. I unsheathe my sword, and pulled Hikoru behind me. I realized it was the lion from earlier, and let out a sigh.

I look over at Hikoru, and gestured him to go out to the grassy fields with me. "Come on. Let's go. I'll start off the fight." I said, as I unsheathe my sword once again, and attracted two Frenzy Boars my way. "Get ready, Hikoru!" I said, as I position myself to fight the boars. 

Hikoru, scared of the two boars, didn't know what to do. He cautiously pulled out his knife, hands shaking as he knew a simple mistake would be the end of him. He looked at Noctis and Ariel, hoping for help

"G-Guys.... I d-don't know w-what to d-do...." He said, barely loud enough for the others to hear. He didn't know anything about attacking or defending, and he didn't even know the stats! He was completely scared straight.

(OOC: I actually don't know how to set up the boars... I know how to use the dice, but I'm unsure of how to do anything....)

Seeing as Kiru wasn't in the mood to respond to her, Ariel simply waved at the girl saying: "Suit yourself!" and moving towards the exit where the other two were. 'She might be cranky and difficult but she cares for others. I don't care how everybody else sees her, neechan is kind deep within. I don't care why she always has to wear this hostility mask but I won't be intimidated by it' she thought while nodding to herself. Meanwhile she spotted her familiar trailing the two who were about to engage a couple of boars. "Don't go snatching up somebody like that while we were in the middle of talking." she said to the black clad guy. Next she turns towards Hikoru and says with a smile: "I hope he didn't disturb you too much, some people need to loosen the solo player act a little. You are about to fight some boars right? If you don't mind I'll keep a watch on you while looking for a potential target for me."

Next she directed her gaze towards the horizon, spotting the two targets one was significantly bigger than the other, most likely its mother. As soon as the two would step into their line of sight the mother would attack first, protecting her child.

Noctis: 13/13 HP

Hikoru: 7/7 HP

Mother Boar: 15/15 HP

Child Boar: 5/5 HP

*they each do 1 Dmg on a normal hit.

(I'll go on with it, if you don't mind me setting the boars. But I must tell you that the boars will  drop 1 material loot if you get a LD>=15 at the last hit. 

(for gold loot the boars should have at least half of Kiru's HP

[OOC: It's all you. I don't mind who sets them up.]

I look at the blonde player and gave her a bewildered expression. "Solo player? Ah. Just because I'm not in a guild I see." I said, as I flip my blade, and grabbed on the hilt of the blade. I flash a smirk and dash towards the bigger boar, zoning the small boar away from the "mother." I leap into the air, slashing downwards at the Mother Boar. My blade felt heavy, as I slice the boar, and immediately leap back towards Hikoru. I placed my hand on Hikoru's head with a smile, "Don't worry about it. Nothing to fear. I won't allow these boars to hurt you." I stated, as I place my blade over my shoulder. "It's your turn, bud." I said.

13083 6 8 2 7 Noctis Msg_hover2.png 2015-03-20 21:28:52

[Party]

» Noctis 13/13 HP 

» Hikoru 07/07 HP 

» Ariel - The Crowned Lion 42/42 HP 

[Enemy]

» Mother Boar 11/15 HP - 4

» Frenzy Boar 05/05 HP 

Hikoru watched amazed as Noctis attacked the mother boar. He watched as the red pixelated cut was lashed onto the back of it, and grabbed his knife a little harder. He knew Noctis could stand the mother boar, but he wouldn't stand a chance against it. So he decided to go for the baby.And although it seemed cruel to him, he knew they weren't real, and they would kill him if he didn't try.

"Ok... Here I go!" He screamed as he took the hilt in a back-handed position (The blade rested on his arm, I'll post a pic of what I mean....) and charged at the baby boar. The mother looked suprised and tried to stop him, but Hikoru was too close for it to take the attack. Hikoru slashed at the baby boar, and it wailed in pain as Hikoru ran back to Noctis, dodging the mother boar on his way.

13128 8 12 6 7

[Party]

Noctis 13/13 HP

Hikoru 7/7 HP

Ariel 42/42 HP

[Enemy]

Mother Boar: 11/15 HP

Baby Boar: 4/5 HP -1

(OOC: I don't know if I did that right.... if I didn't, let me know and I'll go back and fix it.)

"Not that just the fact that you're guildless, you also don't want to have too much contact with others." she responded to the guy who didn't bother to introduce himself. She wanted to tell him her name as minimum courtesy but the guy dashed towards the bigger boar, voiding her of that chance. he appeared to be pretty confident and worried about Hikoru. 'Maybe I misjudged him?' she asked herself while watching his skill display and pretty intimate gesture that he did.

Then followed Hikoru with a timid slash at the little one. 'This may be the start of a good partnership' she thought while looking at her own companion, the little lion cub that simply purred at Ariel patted her on the head. She kept a careful watch on the surroundings for any potential threats that might disturb the two. 

ID: 13133  BD(Mother Boar): 8 [Noctis's Thorns Activated]  MD(Child Boar): 4

(I'll be using the BD to determine the Mother's MD and the normal MD for the child

[Party]

Noctis 12/13 HP (-1)
Hikoru 7/7 HP
Ariel 42/42 HP

[Enemy]

Mother Boar: 8/15 HP (-2) [Thorns]
Baby Boar: 4/5 HP 

((Noctis you have a basic dmg of 5: 1 basic player dmg + 3 weapon +1 One Handed Sword skill

[OOC: I'm just going to assume that Kiru is back in town. Also thanks for the fix, Ariel!]

I look over to Ariel. who seem to be idle. I gave her a smile, gesturing her that I could handle these two monsters. I step forward, as the Mother Boar attempts to attack Hikoru. "Nope. Stand back." I said, as the Mother Boar took Thorn damage. I side kick the Mother Boar, back into place. "Alright. Looks like I'll handle the Mother Boar, Hikoru. Don't mind me." I said, as I swung my sword over my shoulder. I fixed my target on the Mother Boar, and grinned.

"Alright. I'll end this Mother Boar immediately." I said, as I dash towards the Mother Boar. My blade starts to glow a bright black color, and you could hear the motorcycle engine by the hilt of my blade to roar. "What th- I was interrupted, leaving the Mother Boar at a sliver of health left. I leap back to safety, realizing that the hilt of my sword made a motorcycle engine roar. 

13218 10 12 20 7 Noctis Msg_hover2.png 2015-03-22 10:14:26

[Party]

» Noctis 12/13 HP 

» Hikoru 07/07 HP 

[Enemy]

» Mother Boar 01/15 HP - 7

» Frenzy Boar 04/05 HP 

Hikoru nodded as Noctis said he would take the mother boar, and watched as his weapon went black and roared with what sounded like the roar of an engine. He saw that the mother boar was badly injured. He knew he could easily kill it, but he knew that boar was saved for Noctis, and it wouldn't be nice to take his kill. So he charged once again at the baby boar, but failed miserably as he tripped on his own two feet, faceplanting into the virtual dirt.

13264 2 7 20 10 Hikoru

[Party]

Noctis: 12/13 HP

Hikoru: 7/7 HP

Ariel: 42/42 HP

[Enemy]

Mother Boar: 1/15 HP

Baby Boar: 4/5 HP

[OOC: I'll RP as the monsters as of now. Using the same rolls that Ariel used above.]

Hikoru wasn't able to strike the small boar, but the Mother Boar and Baby Boar decides to strike the Hikoru and I. "Hikoru, prepare yourself!" I stated, as I prepare myself from the attack of the boars. The Mother Boar charges straight towards me, and I allowed the damage to apply to me. My thorn activates, destroying the Mother Boar, leaving behind the baby boar and thousands of data. I watch as the data fade away, as I take a seat besides Hikoru. "It's up to you to defeat the Baby Boar, Hikoru." I stated, as I place my blade over my shoulder. I pointed at the baby boar, and said, "Now go."

[Party]

» Noctis 11/13 HP - 1

» Hikoru 06/07 HP - 1

[Enemy]

» Mother Boar - 01/15 HP - 2 â€‹[Thorn]

» Frenzy Boar 03/05 HP - 1​ [Thorn]

13371 6 8 10 7 Noctis Msg_hover2.png 2015-03-23 22:48:12

『RESULTã€

1x Material

(OOC: My fancy pants have Thorns, so I dealt damage to the Baby boar that way, right?)

Hikoru bumps back, shocked by the attack of the baby boar, and he felt anger surge inside him, as he knew it was time to end this. He charged at the boar, screaming in rage, but ran right past the boar in pure anger, missing his swipe completely. He stopped on the opposite side, and looked at the boar with pure hatred. He had to beat this thing, even if it took all day.

13412 2 7 2 8

(OOC: ARE YOU SERIOUS? DO I NEED TO DO SOME FANCY DANCE DICE GODS?!?!?!)