PP-F3 "With Friends Like These!" (Hikoru, Noctis, Azide, Calrex)

Hikoru hears "switch" and he charges for the 5th skeleton. He screamed and sliced it on the arm, leaving a nice scar on the bone of the skeleton. He smiles and moves back to the group, making sure to stay close to them as he could

"You guys always leave me the last ones, don't you guys?" He joked, remembering the Minotaur he never got to fight. "Alright, everyone get a hit in?" He asked, double checking with everyone.

14086 8 2 6 6

Sucess! 1+1 Dagger Knowlege= 2 Damage

Xanatos: 24/24

Azide: 43/43

Calrex: 32/32

Hikoru: 13/13

Noctis: 22/22

Enemies:

Skeleton 1: 15/15

Skeleton 2: 11/15 
Skeleton 3: 6/15
Skeleton 4: 10/15
Skeleton 5: 13/15 -2 Damage
Brother of Minos: 35/35

Environment: 

Cave Stability: 2/10 (Hazard activation at 10)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone managed to get hit in except for me. I grasped the hilt of my blade, and tighten my grip. "I-I-I can't be weak!" I said to myself, as I dash towards the first Minor Skeleton. "Alright let's try this again." I said, as I leaped into the air, with no hesitation, I swung my blade downwards. My blade cut right through the skeleton, but it didn't finish it off completely. "Atleast I was able to do some damage.." I stated, as I leap back towards the group.

Things around me start to feel weird, and the environment around us starts to feel weary. "You guys.. the environment around us is changing.." I stated, as if the cave was to collapse, I needed to find a way to get everyone out. I shook my head, Why am I think these negative thoughts? These guys can take care of themselves.. We got this. I thought to myself, as I prepare for my next attack.

14112 BD: 6            

PARTY

Azide 47/47 HP

Calrex 32/32 HP

Hikoru 1313 HP

Noctis 22/22 HP

Xanatos 24/24 HP

ENEMY

Minor Skeleton 1 09/15 HP - 6

Minor Skeleton 2 11/15 HP

Minor Skeleton 3 06/15 HP

Minor Skeleton 4 10/15 HP

Minor Skeleton 5 13/15 HP

The Brother of Minos 35/35 HP

The skeletons rattled around and began to stalk their respective targets. Each had laid claim int he dark souls who exactly they would try to send to the abyss that was death. Their eyes glowed and pulsed along with their weaponry. Their blades seemed to be fading in and out of the world, but always remaining tangible.

Skeleton 1: Noctis' target strafed straight towards him moving at an incredible speed. For a dead guy he sure could move! He swung straight for Noctis' chest.

14229 BD 7 Hit! (2-1 DMG MIT=1 DMG DEALT)

The blade skid along Noctis' chest, cutting a shallow gash in his armor, but barely piercing the skin

Skeleton 2: The skeleton stared at Xanatos with a grim silence. He could sense the former darkness that laid deep within Xanatos' heart. Scarred and marred by trial and tribulation. After a moment of silence, It dashed straight forward and slashed upward towards Xana's neck.

14229 BD 7 (-2 EVA)=5 Miss!

Xanatos dodges the attack, feeling the tingling of the blade on his neck hairs. 

Skeleton 3: A dark energy surrounded the skeleton as It phased out of sight! It was there one moment then gone the next. After a few seconds, It appeared right behind Azide and attempted to stab him in the back!

14231 BD 4 MIss!

Azide comfortably stepped to the side and let the skeleton fall from its own weight being tossed around so rashly!

Skeleton 4: Calrex's target took a different approach! It seemed to weave in and out of everyone elses combat zone. Trying to distract Cal into thinking that he was running away or hiding. After a few dashes around different enemies and allies, it sprang from behind one of the skeletons and went straight for Calrex's gut!

14232 BD 4 Miss!

Calrex was able to keep up with the skeletons movements and dodge the attack quite smoothly!

Skeleton 5: The skeleton roared at Hikoru with a terrible look in it's menacing eyes. Sensing Hikoru as the weaker player, he went all out in attacking the young adventurer! 

14233 BD 2 Miss!

In the skeletons haste he dashed right past Hikoru, not even realizing that he had passed him!

Brother of Minos: The angry would be king seemed to glow for a moment. A loud ringing filled the room, it seemed to almost deafen most of us in an instant! A flash of light bursts throughout the room!

14234 BD 5 Miss!

The light did not seem to affect any of us!

Party

Azide 47/47 HP

Calrex 32/32 HP

Hikoru 1313 HP

Noctis 21/22 HP (-1)

Xanatos 24/24 HP

Minor Skeleton 1 09/15 HP

After recovering from the light that seemed to flood the entire room I noticed that the skeletons seemed to move slower and their eyes glowed softer with less power. I took my chance and slashed straight for the skelton that had been dueling with me. I aimed straight for one of its eyes!

14235 BD 9 Critical Hit! +1

Immortal fang drove straight through the skeletons skull! Right on the mark, but I felt no resistance from its eye. I guess its really just energy, not an actual eye..."

Azide 47/47 HP

Calrex 32/32 HP

Hikoru 1313 HP

Noctis 21/22 HP 

Xanatos 24/24 HP

Minor Skeleton 2 6/15 HP (-5)

One by one, the rest of the party swung their blades- aside from Noctis, each of them had managed to land their first blows. Fortunately enough, however, the dark-haired player had managed to redeem himself on his second attempt.

One by one, each of the skeletons swung their blades- aside from the first, each of them managed to miss their first blows. Unfortunately enough, however, even that wasn't enough to make up for the fact that their forces had managed to deal a measly one damage between the seven of them.

Azide rolled his eyes upon seeing Noctis' health bar decrease by the thinnest of slivers. "I can see why most people are more than just skeletons. If these guys were once fine warriors, then it looks as if they've seen better days."

After a failed attempt by the Brother of Minos to disorient them with a flash of light, he charged forward toppled his target of choice with a clean slice which severed the creature's spine. Upon being horizontally bisected, the creature's torso slipped and shattered before it could even hit the ground.

ID: 14264

BD: 3 (+3) = 6 (Hit)

LD: 14 (Nothing)

Damage taken (Minor Skeleton 3) = 1 (Base) + 1 (Athletics) + 3 (Rapier) + 4 (Sword Skill) = 9

Party

Azide 43/43 HP

Calrex 32/32 HP

Hikoru 1313 HP

Noctis 21/22 HP

Xanatos 24/24 HP

Minor Skeleton 3 -03/15 HP (-9) [Dead]

ID: 14268

Battle Dice: 3

Calrex kept his eyes on his skeleton, quickly shifted from side to side as the slashes came left and right, easily weaving through each strike and parrying those that he didn't.

"Well, this seems to be working well so far. As long as we can keep this up things should be alright."

He looked over and saw that Azide, being the strongest of the group, had already destroyed his skeleton opponent as it shattered into crystals. Immediately afterwards Calrex readied his Anneal Blade as he raised it and prepared to strike at the skeleton's head. He aimed the point for the socket where the nose would have been thrusting forward. Unfortunately as he got within inches of making contact the skeleton quickly stepped to the side, easily avoiding the attack. Calrex gave a sigh of disappointment as he put some distance between him and his opponent, preparing to defend until the next opening presented itself.

HP List

Azide 43/43

Calrex 32/32
Hikoru 13/13
Noctis 21/22 
Xanatos 24/24

Enemies:

Minor Skeleton 3 Defeated

Hikoru watched as Azide finished off his skeleton, and chuckled slightly as the skeleton moved out of the way of his blade. He looked at his skeleton, who was now behind him, and chuckled as he knew he could have the advantage here. He charged at the skeleton, but it saw him and moved out of the way, making sure it wouldn't be hit from behind. He grumbled as he stopped and turned around.

"Alright, Azide! Do what you want, but it would be good to help one of us with a Minor Skeleton. The King can wait! But these skeletons will cause more damage to the rest of us!" He said as he held his dagger, waiting for the skeletons next move

14383 2 2 8 9

2= No damage taken

[Party]

Azide: 43/43 HP

Calrex: 32/32 HP
Hikoru: 13/13 HP
Noctis: 21/22 HP
Xanatos: 24/24 HP

[Enemies]

Minor Skeleton 1: 09/15 HP
Minor Skeleton 2: 11/15 HP

Minor Skeleton 3: Defeated
Minor Skeleton 4: 10/15 HP
Minor Skeleton 5: 13/15 HP
The Brother of Minos: 35/35 HP 

OOC: With Noctis moving on to new adventures elsewhere, we will be skipping his turn and modifying the current status ever so slightly. Noctis will no longer be present (it will be RPed) and his target skeleton will disappear with him. Any questions please PM me)

A rush of purple light carried itself through the room, consuming Noctis and his foe. They were there, and then like smoke in the wind, gone without a trace. The remaining three skeletons seemed unphased by the loss of their brethren, The Brother of Minos just cackled away. "Looks like you lost one, Azide hahaha what kind of leader can't even protect those he adventures with! Calnux, why didn't you help poor Noctis? You saw he needed help yet you just let it fall. Xanatos...Why did you bring them here knowing what my brother had in store for you? You know what fate lies beyond those halls. That little pipsqueak *points to Hikoru* wasn't even worth delving much into. He's just a coward afraid of his own shadow hahahahaha"

The skeletons laughed in succession to their leader. Their bones morphing into what looked like armor plates! The skeletons had been changed and empowered with thick skin! They chided and laughed as they dashed to their respective players. (Each Skeleton now has 1 Damage Mitigation)

Skeleton 1: DEAD

Skeleton 2 (Target : Xanatos): The skeleton charged straight at Xanatos with it's newly found armored skin. It's eyes had changed to a blue fire that burned with hatred and contempt. The blade went straight for Xanatos' throat, hoping to deal some decent damage.

14492 MD 4 Miss!

The Skeleton overestimated the distance and managed to only get part way to Xanatos before lunging out, missing his target.

Skeleton 3: DEAD

Skeleton 4: The skeleton chuckles at Calrex, his eyes turning a deep fire orange and dashing from side to side. It was fast, but would it be fast enough to trick Calrex into a mistake?

14493 MD 1 (Hazard Trigger!)

The skeleton dashes too far to the side and smacks itself full force into the cave wall, shaking the crystals above ferociously. No telling when they were going to fall on anyone! 

Skeleton 5: Hikoru was in for a treat as his opponent rushed at his person. Swinging its weapon form side to side to build momentum, his eyes had changed to a green fire in his skull. The sight alone would be frightening to most!

14494 MD 7-2 EVA= Miss!

The skeleton had Hikoru right where he wanted him, but Hikoru managed to didge the skeletons attack like a pro! Was The Brother Of Mino's wrong when he accused Hikoru of being a coward?

Brother of Minos: 14495 MD 5........The Brother Of Minos once again summoned an orb of light that channeled a blinding light that washed over the room. The light seemed to only have a slight affect on us. Our eyes burn slightly with every blink. (-1 ACC for each player on their next BD roll)

Noctis: MIA

[Enemies]

Minor Skeleton 1: DEAD
Minor Skeleton 2: 6/15 HP

Minor Skeleton 3: DEAD

(Quick OOC: Kinda slipping in a disclaimer, I completed an RP recently that would make this adventure a bit more interesting for Xanatos character development wise. If anyone has any objections, PM me and I will make the needed changes :))

The Brother of Mino's words pierced me like a blade. How did he know I had found his brother's sanctuary on the 5th floor? More importantly, what did the King himself not tell me about this place? "What do you know of me and your brother cretin? Your brother was and is the rightful ruler of his people! Guardian of the ancient Hoya's of Power! He lived and is held a prisoner for his people. He is more of a leader than you will ever be! For he is a just King! He desires more than just simple power! He desires freedom and hope for not only his people, but for anyone who wishes to live a life in the light of Law and Order! And here you stand on a throne of lies surrounded by those like you, rejected by your brother. Those that seek to destroy life rather than create it! You are no King...you are only a jealous criminal!" I preached to the usurper. "I will see that your "kingdom" of injustice will fall by my blade. FOR THE RIGHTFUL KING OF THE CLAN MINOS!" I charged at my skeleton opponent, ready to take his smiley head off right then and there.

14496 BD 8-1+3=10 (No critical)

Immortal Fang glowed on its hilt, the Hoya of Minos shining brightly as I cut down the skeleton. It fell on it's back barely clinging to life.

[Enemies]

Minor Skeleton 2: 2/15 HP

Minor Skeleton 3: Defeated

A purple light consumed his field of view, and lit the chamber with an eery glow. His eyes darted around the room, with the realization that two figures had disappeared from the cavern. He locked eyes with the Brother of Minos, whose sneer confirmed his initial suspicions. A twisted cackle emanated from bony jaws, making the usurper that much less likable.

An image flashed in his mind as the purple light faded. He pictured a boy, dressed in blue and white- a young player who was now gone. Had this very same fate befallen Noctis?

Azide shook his head. There was no time for angst while the lives of others were at stake. "I'm not so fragile as to accept the blame for your actions, your majesty." He shoved aside one of the skeletons that dared to stand in his path, sending the rickety heap of bones shuffling backwards.

But as he raced forward, his sword collided not with the Brother of Minos, but one of his undead underlings. "Go ahead," he spat, pulling back his blade. He looked the creature in the eye- or rather, where its eye would have been, had it not simply been an empty socket. "Throw your life away."

Even if they all flung themselves before their false king, it would only be a matter of time before he tore through them all.

"Noctis..."

ID: 14497

BD: 8 + 3 (Skills/Equipment) - 1 (Light) = 10 (Hit)

Damage taken (Minor Skeleton 4) = 1 (Base) + 1 (Athletics) + 3 (Rapier) + 4 (Sword Skill) - 1 (Mitigation) = 8

[Enemies]

Minor Skeleton 2: 6/15 HP

Minor Skeleton 4: 2/15 HP (-8)

ID: 14500

Battle Dice: 3 (Light -1) = 2

As Calrex prepared to strike once again the purple light flashed as he quickly stopped his advance, turning to see that one of their teammates, as well as one of the enemies had disappeared.

"Wait...where did Noctis go?"

His thought were immediately broken when the Brother of Minos sent out a flurry of provoking words at the group. If what the boss was saying was true, the group had just lost their comrade. Calrex gave a calming breath as his thoughts processed quickly.

"Focus...this is no time to be losing it. I'll deal with those feelings of loss at a later time. Now we need to focus on eliminating the enemies in front of us..."

Calrex looked over at the Brother of Minos, putting on a focus persona as he gave a smirk, "Maybe before you start questioning our actions you should get your pronunciations right."

With that he turned and twirled his sword into place as he readied himself to continue engaging the skeleton that was in front of him.

HP List

Enemies:
Minor Skeleton 2: 6/15
Minor Skeleton 4: 2/15
Minor Skeleton 5: 13/15
The Brother of Minos: 35/35

Hikoru sees Noctis dissapear in a purple-ish light, and the skeleton he was fighting along with him. He felt bad for Noctis, but he knew that he had to handle himself. Suddenly, the "King" called him weak, and anger flared through him. He knew he was the weakest of the five, wait, no, four of them, but he knew he wasn't a push around.

"Dont..... You ever.... CALL ME WEAK!!!!" He said as he charged at the skeleton. He slashed straight through its arm, the arm completely pixelated before it hit the ground. He smiled in satisfaction and jumped back to where he was before, brushing off the dust that had fallen onto his cloak

14562 10 8 5 4

10-1= 9 Damage ULTRA SUCESS!!! (I belive it is still an Ultra Success, or the most amount of damage as I call it, and I will count it as that. But if its not, inform me and I will change it.)

1+2+1 Knife Knowlege= 4 Damage

Enemies:
Minor Skeleton 2: 6/15
Minor Skeleton 5: 09/15 -4 Damage

The Brother of Mino's smiled as he watched his minions wreak havoc on our team. He reaches out his hand and a red glow radiates off of the skeletons (Skeletons now have Thorns enhancement. 2 Damage to attacker on a natural roll of 8-10) "No pain no gain you little wretches" he chided. "Even if you defeat me here, what makes any of you think you are worthy of the rewards that lie beyond? What makes you think any of you are better than me?" The Brother of Minos twiddled his fingers and the skeletons poised themselves to attack their targets. "Die you fools Die!!!"

Skeleton 1: DEAD

Skeleton 2(Target: Xanatos): The dark creature sprinted towards Xanatos with a fervent desire to kill. His glowing body seemed to give off an eerie sense of malice and mystique. It slashed its blade anywhere it could on Xanatos, just trying to deal some damage with the last of it's health.

14570 MD 6 -2 EVA=4

Xanatos managed to dodge all of the creatures blows against him. Fluidly weaving himself around the glowing blade. As if he knew exactly where they would go.

Skeleton 3: DEAD

Skeleton 4 (Target: Calrex): The undead horror licked its lips with anticipation. Although it was near death, it would die knowing the taste of Calrex's flesh. The creature charged Cal in hopes of taking a nice big chunk of his neck with him to the afterlife.

14571 MD 3 Miss

The creature missed woefully, crashing to the ground with a Thud! Cal stood tall and calm, knowing he would not be a fleshy meal today.

Skeleton 5 (Target: Hikoru): The mess of bones and magic was intent on taking Hikoru's life in the most painful way possible. He rushed towards him, gnashing his teeth. He had a thirst too, a taste for the blood of player. 

14572 MD 8-2=6 Hit!

The skeleton managed to get a deep bite into Hikoru's shoulder! His armor made the damage lessen, but was not able to prevent the deep bite mark that now pained him.

Brother of Minos: 14573 MD 3............The Brother of Mino's was too distracted by the chaos of the battle to cast his light again. A feeling of relief falls over the adventurers as no blinding light was casted.

Hikoru: 11/13 HP (3-1 DMG MIT=2)

Enemies:
Minor Skeleton 2: 2/15
Minor Skeleton 5: 09/15

I rose to my feet after preparing for the blinding light that never came. "Heh, seems you have stuttered a bit in your routine. No more power for your only attack? or are you just that foolish to forget about it? You will fall as easily as your minions. You are no Minoan. You are a weakling and a coward. Fight us! Fight you wretch!" I charged my target and lunged for its throat, hoping to end it's so called life.

14576 BD 8 Success! LD 16+4=20 (Mob Health X 5 Col=75 Col + 1 Bonus mat.)

The skeleton shattered into pixels at my feet. "You're running out of options, heathen"

Hikoru: 11/13 HP (3-1 DMG MIT=2)

Enemies:
Minor Skeleton 2: DEAD
Minor Skeleton 5: 09/15

As he made his way towards the Brother of Minos once more, he caught sight of a skeleton successfully landing a hit against their most vulnerable member. Seeing the creature's bony jaws sink into Hikoru's flesh, Azide shot a glare at the would-be king before darting over to where he was needed. As much as he wished to make this unwelcome usurper disappear, it would be foolish to allow Hikoru to stay at risk- they couldn't risk losing another person in this dungeon.

In a flash, he appeared behind the skeleton and skewered the beast through its spinal column- all without harm to the teammate that stood behind it.

"I'm counting on you to finish it," he remarked. With a smile, he drew back his blade and turned to set his sights on the Brother of Minos. Nobody else would fall victim to this false king. Not today; not ever.

ID: 14607

BD: 2 + 1 (Concentration) + 1 (Precision) + 2 (Equipment) = 6 (Hit)

Concentration CD: 0/5

Damage taken (Minor Skeleton 5) = 9 (Base+Rapier+Skills) - 1 (Mitigation) = 8

Hikoru: 11/13 HP

Enemies:

Minor Skeleton 5: 01/15 (-8)

ID: 14613

Battle Dice: 3

As Calrex remained focused on the skeleton in front of him he glanced over and saw that the enemy Hikoru was battling had managed to actually score a hit on the player, biting him. He cursed under his breath, but as he was about to move in to act he saw that Azide, already free of his creature, had rushed in to assist, dealing a strong blow against the skeleton.

"Alright, if Azide is going to help the best thing I can do is focus on the one in front of me."

He gave a calming breath as he heard another skeleton, Xanatos', burst into crystals. Another mob enemy down. He thrust his sword forward to try and strike the one in front of him. Unfortunately the skeleton leaned to the side, his strike flying clear of the mob.

"Heh, now I know how Oikawa feels when he misses in front of me and Teayre. I guess it could be embarrassing for a higher player to be having difficulty against a weaker creature. Oh well, that's SAO for you."

HP List

Enemies:
Minor Skeleton 5: 01/15

Hikoru felt the bite of the skeleton, and screamed from the pain. He knew that there was a chance he could die in this dungeon, and as the sunk into his skull, he suddenly heard the swipe of a weapon, and opened his eyes to see Azide attacking his skeleton. He heard Azide tell him to finish it, and he smiled as he knew he still had a chance here. He raised his blade, and charged at the skeleton, ignoring the now painful shoulder he had.

He screamed with anger and pride, as he finished the skeleton with one fateful swipe of his blade, making sure that it was good and dead. He smiled and joined the others

"Thanks Azide, couldn't have done it without you...." He said as he brushed off the skeleton pixels that lay on his cloak

14781 6 6 19 1

6= Sucess! 1+ 1 Dagger Knowledge= 2 Damage

19+1=20= Rare loot (Submit for approval later)

Enemies:
Minor Skeleton 5: 01/15-2= 0/15 HP DEAD