PP-F3 "With Friends Like These!" (Hikoru, Noctis, Azide, Calrex)

(OOC: so sorry guys, relatives are visiting and the hotel Internet is getting sketchy.)

As we reached the first chamber, the yellow crystal sat in the center. "This is the main chamber, this yellow crystal contains, in my opinion, the long lost "soul" of a member of the royal family of Minos. Beyond that cavern I have not explored. The crystals will keep our way lit. (Meaning no sight penalties). I'll take point if that's okay with everyone?"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the group reached what Xanatos explained is the first chamber Calrex nodded as he entered the room. When Xanatos made mention of there being no penalties to sight Calrex nodded, "I've got Night Vision, so no worries on that part. I hope the others don't have any problems with darkness."

"Sounds good. I'll continue to bring up the back. If there's any dark areas you need to explore feel free to let me know. I've got no problems with seeing in the dark."

He kept his Anneal Blade in a icepick grip as he followed behind, glancing back every once and a while to make sure they weren't being stalked by any possible creatures.

I knew for a fact that Hikoru will still feel homesick, regardless of what happens, but he shouldn't keep it to himself. "Look Hikoru.. It's fine to be homesick, I get it, but remember don't keep anything bottled up to yourself. Alright?" I asked in confirmation, as I duck in, and entered the cave where everyone else went into. I took a glance around the Cave of Harmonies, and it took some time to take everything in. "T-This is on the third floor?" I asked myself, as I continue to inspect our surroundings. I look over to Hikoru, to make sure he's fine. 

Everyone seems to be getting used to what is going on, but I still stood by Hikoru. Xanatos starts to explain what's going on with the cave, and Calrex seems to invest his points in Nightvision. "Tch.. I guess there are other skills I have to look into." I scoffed, as I stood behind the entire group. "If anything were to pop out, then I would be able to defend Hikoru, and the rest of the group." I thought to myself, as I unsheathe Blade of Time.

"Wow, it sure is getting lively back here," he remarked. Sure enough, both Calrex and Noctis had fallen back to the rear position, placing three of their five members in the back of their formation. Not exactly a picture of efficiency or organization. Figuring that the two could likely hold the position just fine, Azide instead decided to join Xanatos towards the front, without actually taking the lead altogether. "That'd be both stupid and arrogant, considering only one of us has actually been here before."

His eyes shifted to the glowing crystal which sat in the room's center, which acted almost as a miniature sun for the empty cavern. It wasn't quite as bright in here as he was used to, but anything was better than the nearly complete darkness he'd found himself in on the tenth floor. He glanced back to Xanatos. "You mentioned earlier that these crystals responded to music- is that right?"

Azide gestured to the central crystal. "If I'm not getting ahead of myself, is it safe to assume that you could awaken the one we see here?"

"The crystals change colors and patterns according to the sound if hears. Example!" I take out Garanzia and play a lively tune. The crystals turned green as their intensity grew and faded. "See? The center crystal actually acts as the medium to the rest. It give me emotions to convey and I give them through music! But enough of that for now. This is what I brought you here for!" At the end of the chamber was an archway. Crystals lined its curvature. Inscribed in the crystals above: "For Those Who's Hearts Are Strongest". Shall we begin gentlemen? (Quick OOC: your character at any point in time past this arch will be spoken to by a voice only you can hear, it will be posted up but only the one specified may actually hear it. It will be at random to keep it fair. Also it may interrupt the post order so just be aware :))

Hikoru watched the others as they.looked around the cave, and he too was committed to the guilty pleasure. He heard Noctis speak to him, and he nodded in agreement. He knew that he couldn't keep his feelings bottled up all the time, but this wasn't the time nor the place to do so. He looked at the inscription on the door, and he hoped his heart was as strong as the others, because he didn't want to end up dead because he was ill prepared. He walked up next to Xanatos

"Lets do this." He said simply, unsheathing his blade, preparing for the fights ahead.

Calrex nodded as Xanatos briefed the group on the effects of the crystals, "Huh, so they respond to music. Well I'm not a performer, so I'm not going to be useful on that aspect."

As Hikoru drew his blade and moved next to Xanatos Calrex nodded as he flipped his Anneal Blade into a hammer grip, moving alongside Hikoru, beginning to form a line, "Alright, ready. It might be a good idea to take this one or two at a time, just in case so that we don't spread ourselves too thin."

"Xanatos and Azide are probably the ones with the most knowledge about the workings of this cave. If we send them together and we get separated the rest of us are not going to have any experience and would have to make our way on instincts. Not always the best idea in dungeons unless you've frequented them enough to understand the patterns."

Still behind the rest of the group, I decide to step back, waiting for all the players to pass the archway. "Come on ladies." I said in a joking tone, as I place my blade over my shoulder. I took a deep breath, as I scan around the cave. "These crystals are fascinating." I stated, as I closely inspect them. I start to use the bottom of my sword to light smack against the crystals. "These would be great to smith." I stated, as I continue to pick at the crystals. The groups starts to walk a bit further, and I smack once more, before catching up to the group. 

I started to hear whispering, but I just shrugged it off, and continue on with the group. The pathway seems like a never-ending path, but Xana knew where it would end. The whispering starts to come back to me, and it starts to whisper loud. I glare at the player in front of me, but he wasn't even look at my direction. "Huh?" I said in confusion, as I continue to follow the group.

(Like he was a psychic, Noctis is up!)

A whispering falls onto your ears: Noctis...a name meant to be shield to your real name...Lucis....why are you so afraid of that life Lucis? What would Kaito say about you abandoning your real name? Would he think you are weak? What if I could tell you Kaito was here? Hehehehe.....

In Character as Xanatos: I can see a clearing up ahead! Probably a larger room. Ready yourselves!

I stood still, like chains were binding me back from the group. "K-Kaito? No.. You.. Who are you?" I asked the voice in my head. I place both my hands over my head, and crouched down. "A-Am I already going crazy?" I said to myself, as the whispers continue on. "I'm not hiding anything.. I go by the name of Noctis.. K-Kaito.. He knows nothing about me.." I said to the voice in my head. I fell on my a**, and stared at the floor, startled at the fact that someone knows my history. "Kaito isn't here.. He's dead." I stated to the voice, as I immediately stood up. "He's long gone." I murmured to myself, as I caught up with the group. Xana tells us to ready ourselves, as I place my blade over my shoulder. "R-Ready as always." I stammered, as I clenched my fist.

Who in the world is telling me these things? No one else knows my story. I never told anyone anything, and this voice knows more. "Kaito.. Are you really here?" I asked myself, as we enter the large room.

One by one, the group shuffled under the archway that fed into the next section of the caverns. Crystals lined the curving arch, and as he craned his neck up to inspect them, he couldn't help but notice an inscription carved into them. "For those whose hearts are the strongest," read Azide. He was skeptical of the ambiguous message, to say the least. "I don't doubt that something will happen past this point- but how could the game possibly judge us accurate on something as subjective as that?"

No doubt CARDINAL was simply taking liberties and dressing up its random number generator- whatever happened was going to be based off of sheer chance, and sold as something deeper. Kayaba was no god- merely a man who played the part.

As he passed under, he was half expecting something to happen, and he kept his hand ready to draw his blade at a moment's notice. But nothing came. He simply entered the passage unharmed, just as the others had. He did, however, notice Noctis' sudden lack of coordination. It'd taken a while for him to catch on, but he'd picked up on it sometime around the time the player fell to the floor and ran up to catch the rest of the group.

As the entered the next room, Azide pulled Quantum Slicer loose with a click, but refrained from drawing the blade outright. He fell back to Noctis and tapped him on the shoulder discreetly. "Hey, are you alright there? You seem a little on edge, and it's sort of creeping me out here."

Calrex nodded as Noctis and Azide decided to head in past the arches first, "Alright, so those two decided to go first."

"Hikoru, Xanatos, you two go ahead. I'll bring up the rear."

He sheathed his sword into his modified iaido stance as he waited for the two to go. He kept note that Noctis seemed to be slightly off right after passing through the arches, "Is there some kind of effect that occurs when passing through those arches? We'd best be careful while proceeding further."

He made sure his eyes remained relaxed as he confirmed is <<Night Vision>> was activated.

With the group moving into the larger cavern. A howl of wind seemed to run through the halls of the caverns. A low thud blasted. *Thud*...*Thud*...*Thud*... Out from the other end of the cavern appeared a Minotaur! It's red eyes glowing in the low light of it's hiding place. It roars loudly and speaks to us. "NO ONE BUT I MUST PREVAIL! NO ONE BUT I!!!!" The Minotaur charges towards us. (OOC: I will control the Minotaur if everyone's okay with that. Note his minimum damage is 3. Also, I will be randomizing his attack targets. His first target is: Azide!)

MD:3 (Miss!)

The Minotaur charged needless past Azide into the wall, slamming its horns deep into the rock. The cave shook but stayed stable through the ruckus (Stability 9/10, Oh, did I forget to mention that every time 10 things affect the caves stability, a rock will fall and damage a random player? ;D)

Minotaur 23/23

Azide 45/45

Calrex 30/30

Xanatos 22/22

Noctis 22/22

Hikoru 11/11

As their group entered the cavern up ahead, they found themselves face to face with a minotaur- similar to the one he'd encountered during his search for the Hoya. "In fact, I still carry that thing with me on a regular basis," he recalled. The creature spoke to them in a low voice that rumbled like gravelly thunder, and he reminded himself to make a sly remark about the unusual happening sometime soon.

Suddenly, the creature aimed its horns at them before charging with the grace one might expect from a creature that was neither bull nor man. Luckily, it'd seemed to have set its sights upon him, rather than any of the other players in the party. "It's more manageable this way." Azide rolled out of the way and quickly steadied himself, then ripped Quantum Slicer from out of its sheath as he sprang forward.

With the creature's horns embedded into the cavern wall, Azide sped toward the beast with urgency, then delivered a rapid series of slashes and leapt back just as the creature pulled free. "That reminds, me- I thought it was interesting that the Minotaur could speak, seeing as how it's upper half is bull, rather than human. And, well..." He shook his head and scratched his head. "I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. Let's just keep stabbing away, shall we?"

ID: 13841

BD: 7 (Hit)

Damage taken (Minotaur) = 1 (Base) + 3 (Rapier) + 5 (Skills) = 9

Azide: 43/43

Calrex 30/30

Xanatos 22/22

Noctis 22/22

Hikoru 11/11

Minotaur HP: 14/23

(Note: I shifted my stats to reflect what I'd entered the thread with, mostly because I have to sort out some stuff that comes with grandmastering OHR.)

As if on cue, a minotaur had appeared from the shadow of a darker part of the cavern the group had just entered and rushed at them, Azide in particular. Calrex quickly drew his Anneal Blade from its sheath as the minotaur crashed into the wall. While he had prepared to strike, he paused for a second as he felt the entire cavern seem to shake with the impact of the minotaur's attack, "Uh oh, that can't be a good sign..."

"Hey guys be careful. I don't think this cavern is as solid as we would hope it to be. Let's take this thing out as fast as we can."

Before Calrex could speak Azide, like the veteran player he was, rushed forward and delivered a series of strikes to the minotaur while it tried to pry itself free of the wall, delivering a critical strike and backing up as the creature freed itself.

ID: 13854

Battle Dice: 7

Damage: 1 Base + 1 Item Enhancement + 2 Sword = 4

As it did Calrex gave a calming breath and rushed forward, making use of his Sprint ability to quickly close the distance between him and the enemy. As he got into range he quickly dropped into a slide, moving between the creature's legs before taking a few steps up the wall, kicking back as he delivered a quick slash across the creature's side. He continued his jump back over to the group as he turned to face the enemy.

HP List

Azide: 43/43

Calrex: 30/30

Xanatos: 22/22

Noctis: 22/22

Hikoru: 11/11

Enemies:

Minotaur: 10/23

I drew Immortal Fang and went straight for the Minotaur. Strength in numbers, hopefully, he won't get the chance to counter attack. I dashed at the disoriented beast with Fang dragging the ground. I slid under the Minotaur attempting to slice it from the stomach down.

BD;5 (+3 ACC)=8

The wound was made clean from its abdomen straight down towards it's crotch. Ouch, sorry buddy, that may have been a bit of a low blow, even by my standards. I stood straight up behind the Minotaur and slung Immortal Fang on my shoulder. "He's all yours guys. Finish Him!"

Minotaur 6/23 (-4)

Azide 43/43

Calrex 30/30

Xanatos 22/22

Noctis 22/22

Hikoru 11/11

I drew Ragnarok, and the blade started to glow a bright yellow color. "Now that's new." I said, as I point my blade towards the Minotaur. "Now let's end this." I said, as I dash towards the Minotaur. "Alright.. I'll just plunge my blade into its skull." I thought to myself, as I leap up into the air with my blade pulled back.

13885 BD: 8            

As I close the distance with my blade, and the head of the minotaur. It seems as if I was paused in the air. "Kaito.." My blade suddenly plunged into the head of the minotaur. I fell off the chest of the monster, and landed on my back. A material, and one hundred and fifth-teen Col were placed into my inventory.

PARTY

Azide 43/43

Calrex 30/30

Xanatos 22/22

Noctis 22/22

Hikoru 11/11

ENEMY

Minotaur 00/23 - 6

『RESULTã€

1x Material

115x Col

Hikoru watched in amazement as the others attacked the Minotaur, which he was too afraid to even try to attack, and how they defeated it so quickly. He watched as Noctis fulfilled the finishing blow, and smiled as it evaporated into pixels. He looked at the other boys, and slowly frowned

"Sorry guys.... I guess I just.... I didn't have the guts to try...." He said as he sheathed his knife, sighing as he knew he was much too afraid.

(OOC: Sorry Guys! I had a really, really busy weekend with a lot of stuff happening at once.... I'll try to post more often. Please forgive me!)

The Minotaur shatters into pixels from Noctis' killing blow. A roar echoed through the cave. The archway where the Minotaur appeared flashed a bright light, and the crystals over it changed color! A new inscription formed: "Can you feel it tugging yet? How swift darkness can swallow the light..." The passageway lit with crystals, the path to the next room was clear! "Great job guys! He never seven stood a chance! Hikoru, don't worry about it, bravery is also knowing when not to strike, since the Minotaur didn't hit any of us we have no idea what It's damage potential was on you! You learned something by watching no?" I smiled at him as I led the way into the next cavern. To be honest...I don't know what that Minotaur was doing down here...it seemed driven mad by something...

(OOC: Haha Hikoru don't sweat it, it just gives me more time to figure out how to mess with peoples heads :D BTW just so we can reestablish a turn order. Starting with me, then Azide, then Cal, then Noc, then Hikoru. Everybody okay with that? I mean it's gonna get a bit interrupted by whispers but I think we lost the base line a bit XD)

"No worries," said Azide. He sheathed Quantum Slicer as he turned to Hikoru, who was wearing a frown, in spite of their triumph over the half-man half-beast. "You didn't exactly miss very much. The guy was a complete pushover." His lips curled, so that the player would know he was simply making light of the situation.

The cavern's lighting began to change as something flashed behind him. He spun around and quickly found the source of the flash- the archway which had previously been blocked by the Minotaur had now been set alight by newly glowing crystals. He took a few steps closer and squinted his eyes. There was yet another inscription carved into the luminescent structures. "You know, Xanatos; if I didn't know any better, I'd say that inscription sounded just like something you would say. Or more accurately, shout."

Finally, he paced over to Noctis. He looked to his fellow party member with a mixture of curiosity and concern. He wondered which of the two it was that had driven him to speak; was it wrong to put another person's well-being on the same playing field as his own curiosities?

He shook the thought from his head. "How are you feeling, Noctis? Everything good?"