PP - F4 Much to Discuss (Teayre and Ariel) (Completed)

As Ariel began to explain the finer details of the guild he gave a nod to note that he was paying attention to what she was saying. At the same time he was taking note of Teayre's position as she moved over and retrieved the dress she had set aside as well as suddenly darting into an alleyway.

"I wonder what is going through her head at the moment. I hope I didn't go and do something to offend her. I'll need to catch up with her once we're done here..."

As Ariel began to talk about the more casual details, and the apparent honorifics that she was going to give him and Teayre he put on a friendly face as he put a hand behind his head, "Well, I'll certainly need to get used to having that added on for sure."

As Ariel apologized he gave a nod with a casual shake of his head, "No, I wouldn't worry about it. But no questions on my side. I'll be sure to let you know if any do come to mind though."

With that he got to his feet, giving a casual nod, "In any case I'd best go and catch up with her. I'll catch you around Ariel." He gave a friendly smile before turning and following after Teayre. He jogged a few feet, using his Search and Detect ability to keep track of the trail of footprints that Teayre left from her sprint. After some time he eventually caught up to her, giving a few exhales to catch his breath before he walked over, kneeling down in front of her, "Teayre, are you alright?"

"I guess I still have a ways to go before I can really understand how she thinks..."

As she was wrapped into her own little world, she felt a soft hand on her arm and a familiar voice that calmed her breathing down.

“What are you thinking? Please be honest with me… That look in your eyes… I don’t want to lose you Calrex… I don’t want to lose anyone close to me again… I heard Ariel explaining about the guild stuff… Being a family? It’s… It’s hard for me to accept for me to understand…â€

Standing she walked around Calrex to the entrance of the alley way that she had gone down, seeing Ariel she smiled awkwardly and waved slightly.

“I don’t care how much you want to protect me Calrex… Don’t you lose yourself in the process… If you lose who you are… No that’s wrong I’m sorry, if you forget who and what you are… What you as a person mean to me and all the others you know in Eincrad… Then… Then…â€

Whipping around she faces the blue headed person, her voice very quiet the whole time whispering as if she’s reassuring someone. As she carries on speaking she steps slowly towards the boy before kneeling down and falling into his arms sobbing.

“I’ll kill you, if I can’t make you remember who exactly you are Calrex… I’ll kill you. As if you can’t live to be your true self then… Then there’s no point in living there’s no point in us being together if you lose who you are in protecting me. Do you understand? I want you for who –you- are nothing else okay?â€

As her crying echoes throughout the alleyways loud enough for anyone nearby to easily hear, Beleram takes flight quickly spotting the blonde. He brings his wings in and dives down towards her spreading his wings at the last second his talons gripping the hand of Ariel gently and he leads her towards the couple.

Looking up Teayre hears the call of her companion, “Bel, what’re you up to now?†As she looked around she sees him tugging on the blonde’s hand trying to get her to move in the direction that she and Calrex had gone in. Wiping her face on the back of her sleeve she stands up brushing herself down, whispering to Calrex.

“S-sorry about that… I just don’t want to lose the person who… who cares a lot for me. Who I care for and love… Do I look presentable enough Cal?â€

Not having enough time to wait for an answer Teayre turns to Ariel and bows low before standing back up straight.

“I’m sorry for dashing off like that… Something just got to me that’s all, hopefully…†Pausing for a breath she looks at Calrex straight in the eyes before turning back to Ariel and making eye contact with her. “Hopefully it won’t happen again.â€

Ariel simply nods to Cal as he goes after Teayre 'I guess they still have to talk about things' she though, unsure of what to do next..leave maybe? Luckily Kimba diverted her attention towards something that came flying towards then. Ariel extended her hand so that the eagle could land and asked with a puzzled expression: "Something you forgot or do you want me to pet you more?" she asked with a chuckle, then Beleram started guiding her toward the alleyway...'????' the blonde let herself be guided with her own white companion following them. She could hear soft sobs coming from the direction the two of them just went. "Did something happened?" she asked the eagle before turning the corner and spotting the 2 locked into a embrace she let out a sigh while thinking 'Or do you only want to show me how good these 2 get along..'  

Seeing Teayre bow before her Ariel let out a frown and closed in on the two. Placing one hand on each one's shoulder she simply let out a laugh while saying. "Don't ever bow before me again like that. I thought, for a second, that you changed your mind about joining the Brigade. Anyway I don't mind it, so cheer up will ya, T(ea)-chan?" Looking one more time at the two the blonde simply said "If there aren't any more questions I guess I'll see you around then. Maybe do a 'initiation' trip/quest together some time."

"I don’t care how much you want to protect me Calrex… Don’t you lose yourself in the process… If you lose who you are… No that’s wrong I’m sorry, if you forget who and what you are… What you as a person mean to me and all the others you know in Eincrad… Then… Then…â€

As Teayre fell into his arms Calrex kept calm as he listened intently to what she was saying. He placed a hand on her head while he gently brushed her hair in an effort to comfort her.

“I’ll kill you, if I can’t make you remember who exactly you are Calrex… I’ll kill you. As if you can’t live to be your true self then… Then there’s no point in living there’s no point in us being together if you lose who you are in protecting me. Do you understand? I want you for who –you- are nothing else okay?"

As he heard Teayre utter the words, "kill you," Calrex stopped brushing her hair. He gave a small sigh to himself as he slowly raised Teayre up so that he could look into her eyes, putting on a calm yet serious face, making sure that he had her full attention as his thought began to run. As if his mind had understood the meaning of her words as if in an attempt to keep himself together the light in his eyes dimmed slightly. He looked down for a second before looking back towards her, the light in his eyes returning.

"Kill me...heh, I wonder what happened to keeping each other alive. But...in a way she's right. I might have gotten a little too overzealous after Daeron and Mari. *sigh* I need to be more careful..."

"I understand. Really, from the way I see it...if I lost who I am in the pursuit of keeping you safe...then I would have failed in protecting you anyway. I promise that I'll make sure I wont let that happen."

"I wouldn't think I'd easily say this...but right now it seems like in this game would be only place it would make sense..."

Calrex gave a calming exhale as he lowered his head for a second, as if gathering his words, "Teayre..."

"I'd best get it out..."

He looked up at her as he put on a weak smile, looking over at the new katana he had given here before looking back at her, his eyes slightly dimming once again as the words came out from his mouth, "If that's ever the case...and that I become the one that's the source of your sadness, then please...use that sword to cut through it."

As Teayre gathered herself Calrex gave a nod as he got to his feet, his usual friendly persona coming back over his face, "Yeah, you look fine silly, don't worry."

As Ariel rounded the corner Calrex gave a friendly nod as Teayre and Ariel spoke to each other, clearing up the confusion Calrex suspected that Ariel had from Teayre suddenly walking off.

"If there aren't any more questions I guess I'll see you around then. Maybe do a 'initiation' trip/quest together some time."

"Sounds good. We'll be sure to stay in touch."

With that Calrex gave a friendly wave as Ariel walked off, returning his hands to his jacket pockets. As Ariel went out of sight he gave a calming exhale, his friendly mask seemed to quickly switch to a more calm and stoic face. As if he noticed as he closed his eyes for a second.

"I guess that after that whole thing earlier I still haven't really gathered myself back together. I'll need to work on that. I can't afford to have that slipping through at a crucial time..."

With that he turned back to Teayre, "So...I believe I owe you a duel right?"

"Y-Yeah, that sounds good A-neechan" Tentatively Teayre takes a step closer to Ariel before giving her a quick hug before looking at Calrex noticing his eyes dimming she frowns and begins to glare at him, not noticing Ariel disappear she begins to lecture Calrex.

"Cal, don't you go cold on me. If it comes to it that weapon will take two lives as its last actions nothing more or less."

As she spoke she walked back towards him stretching her arms as wide as she could she took his hand and placed it over her heart. Her eyes meeting his, her mouth all but a thin line.

"Canus Hevrex. I'll do everything I can to keep you as you understand? I get that cold thing is a part of you as well, just be yourself with me... It makes me... When you go cold like that to me it makes it feel like you're... You're... It makes it feel... like you're shutting me out."

As she uttered the last five words her voice dropped to a whisper, tears began glistening in her eyes as she let out a breath before carrying on speaking again.

"I don't want to be pushed to the side again, it happened with what I thought was my family and with someone... with someo-"

Unable to finish her sentence she dove into the boy crying hiding her face in his chest.

"I... I'm sor- sorry C-C-Cal."

As Teayre spoke to him, first placing his hand over her heart and then burying her face in his chest he looked down as he gave a nod as he wrapped his arms around her, "You're right, I don't mean to do that. I would never want to do that. I'm sorry Teayre..."

He closed his eyes as he rested his head on top of Teayre's, giving a calming breath, "I'm not going to push you to the side. It's just that..."

I guess I've never really had to self-analyze why exactly I handle things the way I do...well...actually I do know."

"...I guess you could say that I want to make the right decision, and part of me believes that emotions can something hinder that decision. So...in order to make the best choice I unintentionally shut out those feelings. But I never meant for it to be hurtful to you. It just right now that's how I usually handle things."

"But don't forget what Teayre just said earlier..."

"Now with what you said, that I can confide in you...I'll try to rely on you more..."

As Calrex began apologising to her she looked up at him sitting back a bit more as he explained why he shut out his feelings she reached up and pulled his head onto her chest stroking his hair.

“You dummy, you’re right in that it helps you think clearer but if you shut out your emotions then what do you become? A mindless robot that has no sympathy, it’s not a real life. As if you’re trying to escape from reality.†Laughing suddenly at her poor choice of words, “Then again who isn’t trying to escape this reality? Let’s work together Calrex, let’s clear this sick and twisted game, with or without the Brigade. Then finally when it’s all over let’s meet in the real world what do you say? Sound like a plan Callie-kun?â€

Turning her head downwards she gently kisses the top of his head, “I’ll always be here for you, now shall we go and have that date we were planning on before little miss I’m the boss of the world interrupted?â€

As she finished speaking a familiar screech sounded as Beleram launched himself in between the couple, nattering angrily at Teayre for being ‘forgotten’ about. “Yes yes I’m sorry Beleram I didn’t foget about you, you and I are a package like me and Cal here… All three of us are really, Beleram if I ever want some alone time make sure you keep Cal company okay?†Letting out a girly giggle she ruffles Calrex’s hair and Beleram’s feathers before standing, the eagle spreading its wings before hopping up onto its masters shoulder, dragging Calrex up by the hand Teayre tiptoes up kissing him quickly and whispering “Remember, I’m always here for you. I love you Callie.†Before she darts off round a corner and towards the entrance to the settlement.

"A mindless robot, huh? I guess it really could be interpreted that way. Robots are fairly logical, but that's by programming. I would think I'm a little better than that."

As Teayre moved his head onto her chest his eyes widened in surprise for a second before they relaxed once again as he closed his eyes, feeling her hand gently brush his hair. It was gentle, and felt nice. If she had kept doing it for a minute or two he guessed that he would have fallen asleep.

"Yeah...that's the plan, heh. No matter what, we're going to get out of this game."

As Teayre released him Calrex straightened himself back up, seeing the familiar face of Beleram as he returned back to Teayre. As Teayre gave him a quick kiss he gave a smile as she ran off, "...and I love you too."

With that he gave a calming breath, putting his hands in his jacket pockets as he followed after her.

Thread Completed

Calrex and Teayre join the Azure Brigade as Brigadiers

• Topic Complete (1 SP for all participants)
  • 1 Page completed (400 col / 3 = 134 col Calrex, 133 col Teayre, 133 col Ariel)