[PP-F1] <<Earning a Living>> (Oikawa) [Completed]

"That's it, I'm tired of having to roam around Aincrad and basically do nothing. I'm going to be a blacksmith." Rusty stated, fed up with being what was an equivalent to a homeless person in SAO. After walking to the NPC necessary to do the quest, he walked out the building, ready to get the materials needed. "Just one more thing to do. I need to find someone who is willing enough to help me do this." he though out loud.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oikawa sat in the shop as usual for the day. He had a few orders he need to complete, but he had been feeling rather lazy especially knowing the deadline wasn't here yet for the items. I should really get those finished sooner rather than later however. His companion, King slept peacefully on the counter. He had no real plans for the day aside from work and as such was looking forward to some customers or a pm for an adventure. Sitting at the shop can only provide so much fun haha.

Rusty thought about it for a bit and decided that it would be a good idea to find an actual Blacksmith to help him. After roaming the first floor for a few hours, Rusty entered was seemed to be a blacksmith shop, although from the looks at it, he immediately thought This is a NPC shop.. Dammit. He looked around for a bit and examined the weapons on sale, before making his way to the door. Rusty stopped dead in the doors. Turning around, he saw what seemed to be a lion cub resting on the counter. I don't know any NPC who has an animal with them. Turning towards the inside of the shop, he yelled "Is anyone here?" to locate the owner of the shop.

The bell chimed. Oikawa dismissed the sound as he assumed King had awoken and began to play with the bell just to tease the player and get his hopes up. Continuing his crafts, he was surprised when a shaky voice echoed through the shop inquiring if anyone was around.

Oikawa hastily made his way tot he front and spotted the source of the question. A  brunette player with brown eyes stood in the door poised as if he was debating to leave or not. Oikawa stepped to the counter and gestured for the player to come closer so they could converse. 

"What brings you to my shop? Interested in some of my wares?" Oikawa glanced at the player before scooting down the counter a bit so he could scratch behind King's ears to softly wake the cub.

"Something like that.." Rusty answered as he walked towards the counter. This guy looks tough.. He even has his own familiar. Hopefully I could get him to accompany me on this quest. "I wanted to ask if you were willing enough to help me become a blacksmith as I've been searching for someone to assist me." Rusty divulged as he looked around to see all the various weapons on sale. This guy was the last in his attempts at becoming a weapon maker, if he didn't help Rusty, then the attempts at becoming a smith would be abandoned entirely.

Oikawa eyed the player before responding. "Soooo, you wanna become a blacksmith? I can help you with that." Oikawa then placed the, now awake, cub on his head and grabbed a few slips of paper. Retrieving his pen, he made list of items the player would need to at least start the profession.

The List:

Crystal Ingot x3

Dragon Scale x1

A shop (The game will help you with this once you turn in your quest.)

Scrawling a second copy, he handed it to the player and began to usher him out of the shop. Once the door was locked he turned to the player and spoke. "My name is Oikawa, The Faint. I will be your mentor for the day. Your name would be? I can also safely assume that this means you've already undertaken the quest and your now just looking to start in a profession?" He questioned as he offered the player a handshake.

Rusty was understandably happier than early, although he still wore a nuetral expression on his face. The man had agreed to help him do this quest and all Rusty had to was collect materials. Being pushed out of the shop, Rusty mumbled a small thank you to the man, doing so that it was inaudible to him.

"My name is Oikawa, The Faint. I will be your mentor for the day. Your name would be?"

"My name is Rusty.. and I did already start the quest, all we have to do is find the materials on the list you made." Rusty answered, equipping his rapier as he readied himself for battle. It wasn't a lot that was needed to become a blacksmith, unlike he previous thought. Maybe because it wouldn't be good for players to have a difficult quest if they wanted profession.

"Nice to meet you Rusty." Oikawa pointed to the leopard on his head an continued. "This is my familiar King." The leopard purred and nestled himself into the blonde mass of hair upon which he laid. He then equipped his sword as well, taking note of the fact that both players were rapier users. He also decided to equip his shield although he doubted he would need it since there gathering is taking place on the first floor.

"Well this shouldn't be too difficult, though we might have to go in the dungeon beneath the city if you want to be guaranteed loot. With the way the party mechanics work in this game, we have to fight creatures that are half of my current strength. That being said you can also gather materials through non-combat though that is quite a tedious job unless you're lucky. So it's up to you what we do. I'm just here to monitor and show you the basics once we get your materials." 

"Feeling's mutual.." Rusty mumbled as he though about the options he was given. â€‹We could fight until we get a decent amount of matrials and if I lose too much health we could find materials in a non-combative way.. After giving some thought to it, Rusty grabbed his sword firmly, making the decision to fight monsters. Although we have to fight monsters would more healh than me, I think we could manage sufficiently.. Sighing, Rusty answered with a bit of confidence. "We'll fight till my HP is in the low yellow, high red. Then we'll find materials if we haven't already collected it all in non combative ways.."

Oikawa nodded at Rusty's decision. "Fair enough. Follow me then." Oikawa guided the player through the winding streets of the Starting City. Once they were through the mass of players that always seemed to be crowding the plaza, Oikawa directed Rusty to follow him down a narrow corridor-like alleyway that led to a small opening to the fields outside the city. Once they exited the safe zone, he pointed a small cluster of rocks that seemed to have a stairwell wedged in between the two bigger boulderish stones.

"That's the entrance to the dungeon. Once we're there, we will most likely encounter the <Crystal Golem(s)> that guard the main chamber of the <Crystal Dragon>. I can confirm they drop the necessary items you need to collect. You ready to go?"

"​Ready as always." Rusty mumbled as he entered the dungeon. Firmly gripping his sword, Rusty looked around to look for a source of light. As if on cue, torches lit up the darkness so that the duo could see, although the lights didn't illuminate everything. "Is there a part of this cavern that's made of crystals cause I don't think crystal monsters roam around here." Rusty questioned as he held his rapier in two hands. He wasn't sure where they were going, but he did know the direction. Down and to the right.

Oikawa's Stats:

HP: 41/ DMG: 8/ ACC: 3/ EVA: 3/ MIT: 3

*Battle Healing Rank 1 (+1 HP on CD Roll of 10+)

"It isn't much to see right now. Wait until we reach the chamber which shouldn't be much further from here." Coincidentally large double doors begin to enlarge as they neared them. "This is the only thing guarding the chamber in which crystal ingots can be mined and the door to the <Crystal Dragon> can be found. Like I said the dragon is guarded by a few <Crystal Golem(s)>"

Oikawa pushed the double doors open. The sight was average cave wise but regarding ingots, the view was plentiful. Oikawa walked to a crystal structure and placed his hand over it as he attempted to <Mine> an Ingot.

[13974] LD: 16

The attempt was successful as it glowed and a part of the structure broke off. He then handed the material to Rusty. "That was a non-combat gathering. I was lucky this time around as the skill is very luck based." Suddenly the ground shook and the ceiling rattled as a monstrous roar echoed throughout the cavern. Stomping into sight, a <Crystal Golem> waved its spear as it charged at the players.

Oikawa quickly unsheathed his blade and sprung forward. Before the golem had a chance, Oikawa quickly jabbed the mob several times with his rapier. He watched as half of the Golem's HP evaporated with his blow. "Be careful Rusty. However it is your move!"

[13975] BD: 10 CD: 3 MD: 5

Damage taken (Crystal Golem #1) = 1 (Base) + 3 (Weapon) + 4 (Skills) + 2 (Hyper Critical) = 10

H2 Oikawa HP: 41/41 (-0)
H0 Rusty HP: 20/20

<Crystal Golem> 11/21 2 Base Damage (-10)

The List:

Crystal Ingot 1/3

Dragon Scale 0/1

A Shop (The game will help you with this once you turn in your quest.)

Rusty wasted no time in attacking the beast, so when Oikawa finished his turn, he flew as the crystalline monster. Swiping left to right, he was able to lower the HP decently before getting his face cut by ruby colored projectile. Wincing from the pain, Rusty lept back so that his companion could get a hit in too. "Careful, it can shoot crystals." Rusty advised.

Rusty: 18/20

Oikawa: 41/41

<Crystal Golem> 9/21

ID: 13988 BD: 6 MD: 7

OOC: Don't worry about RPing as the MoB. Since I spawned it I have to control it :P so you remain undamaged for now. And I hope to keep it that way. Especially since I have the most Hate.)

Oikawa observed as Rusty made his attack. The player seemed very adept in combat and even narrowly avoided some projectile-like crystals. The player then advised Oikawa to be careful as well. "I'm always careful! At least most of the time haha." Oikawa quickly lunged at the mob. He deflected several of the crystal bullets shot at him using his shield.

Once the coast was clear, he jumped forward. He twisted his body, causing him to spin mid air. As he came out of his 540 spin he thrusted his blade right into the Mob's crystalized heart. Removing the blade, he watched as the HP bar fell to a sliver of red. "Well looks like you get the final strike! Take him out."

[14017] BD: 7 [4+3 ACC] CD: 2 MD: 5 [8-3 EVA]

Damage taken (Crystal Golem #1) = 1 (Base) + 3 (Weapon) + 4 (Skills) = 8

H3 Oikawa HP: 41/41 (-0)
H1 Rusty HP: 20/20

<Crystal Golem> 1/21 2 Base Damage (-8)

The List:

Crystal Ingot 1/3

Dragon Scale 0/1

Speeding towards the crystalline golem, Rusty rushed in for the kill. He took hold of his sword and ran around the beast to confuse it. Barely missing a emerald projectile, he slashed at the beast before jumping back. Looking at the red scar that was left from the latest attacked, he smirked. The monster burst into thousands of brilliant pixels before leaving behind a Crystal Ingot. Success. Only 2 more objects were needed until Rusty became a blacksmith. "Next monster?"

Rusty: 20/20

Oikawa: 41/41

<Crystal Golem> 0/21 DEAD +1 Crystal Ingot.

ID: 14039 BD: 9 MD: 6 LD: 2

Oikawa watched Rusty rush towards the mob and literally run circles around it. He eventually caused the golem to become confused and using the delay, he  quick;y sent his sword slicing into the beast. As it crumbled and exploded into thousands of pieces, Rusty collected his loot and asked Oikawa about the next monster.

"Yeah it should be around here somewhere." The creature quickly materialized in front of them and Oikawa quickly place his shield on front of Rusty to protect him from the shards of crystal being shot at them. He then suddenly felt sting from his leg. Looking down he noticed that he had gotten cut on his leg. Once he was sure Rusty was undamaged, Oikawa ran off to attack the mob.

He jumped forwards and let his rapier take control. He jabbed until the creature seemed to become a freckled monster. "Rusty, You're up!"

[14047] BD: 6 [3+3 ACC] CD: 8 MD: 9

Damage taken (Crystal Golem #2) = 1 (Base) + 3 (Weapon) + 4 (Skills) = 8

H1 Oikawa HP: 40/41 (-1) [2 + 1 Critical - 3 Mitigation]

<Crystal Golem #2> 13/21 2 Base Damage (-8)

The List:

Crystal Ingot 2/3

Dragon Scale 0/1

With the next beast in sight, Rusty ran at it before sliding to avoid a massive diamond from hitting his head. Putting his hands down to stop his skidding, Rusty launched himself up with a strong force that propelled him at the golem. However, he put too much effort into it, making him crash against the wall and miss his opening. Getting up, Rusty stumbled backwards from dizziness. Standing still to regain his senses, rusty stomped his foot on the handle of his sword so that it would fly into his hand. Grabbing hold of it, Rusty yelled for Oikawa to go before trying to distract the golem by taunting it.

Oikawa: 40/41

Rusty: 20/20

<Crystal Golem> 13/21

ID: 14050 BD: 4

(ooc: Messed up on my math earlier. The golem should have 13 hp in your post.)

Though Rusty missed, it left Oikawa the perfect opening for a counterattack. Jumping forwards he struck the crystal golem right in the chest. As it stumbled backwards, the creature launched a crystal into the air. The crystal then transformed into a giant scythe. Running forwards, the creature grasped the weapon and swung at Oikawa who was completely caught off guard. Reacting quickly however, he was able to bring his shield up in time to keep the weapon from cleaving him in half. 

He was sent smashing into a rocky structure. Standing up he called out to Rusty. "Make sure this one counts. Even though I mitigated most of the damage that still hurt like hell haha!"

[14119] BD: 7 [4+3 ACC] CD: 2 MD: 10

Damage Taken (Crystal Golem #2) = 1 (Base) + 3 (Weapon) + 4 (Skills) = 8

Damage Taken (Oikawa) = 2 (Base) + 2 (Hyper Critical) = 4

H2 Oikawa HP: 39/41 (-1) [4 DMG- 3 MIT]

<Crystal Golem #2> 5/21 2 Base Damage (-8)

The List: 

Crystal Ingot 2/3

Dragon Scale 0/1

Rusty nodded as he ran by the immobile Oikawa. The crystal gleam of the room distracted him, but nevertheless he had his goal in eyesight. Dashing at the beast he jumped over the emerald shaped projectile coming his way before continuing his sprint. Aiming at the monster, Rusty swung so hard that his rapier was sent across the room. It merely glanced the monster, although doing so enraged it. "Oikawa, you're up."

Oikawa's HP: 39/41

Rusty's HP: 20/20

Crystal Golem's HP5/21

ID: 14120 BD: 3 CD: 3 LD: 9 MD: 5

You so didn't make that count. Oikawa thought as Rusty reminded him that it was his move. Oikawa watched as the crystal, scythe wielding, Golem charged at him. He sat there. Unwavering and undeterred. Closing his eyes, he counted. 3...2...1... Side stepping tot he left, he dodged the scythe just as it split the floor where he once stood. Ducking and rolling back to the right, he evaded a fatal swing. Using his momentum, he rushed towards the mob. As he cocked his arm back, he inhaled. It seemed as if things moved in slow motion, until he realized he was on the other side of the creature.

Pixels rained down on him before disappearing into nothingness. He turned around collected the loot. "Well looky there. We got your third Ingot. Now all we need is your <Dragon Scale>." He sheathed his rapier and paused a moment to gather his breath. The dragon is just beyond those doors. Once we defeat it, we can get out of here. Then he can learn to craft his first item.

[14132] BD: 7 [4+3 ACC] CD: 9 LD: 3 MD: 1

Damage Taken (Crystal Golem #2) = 1 (Base) + 3 (Weapon) + 4 (Skills) = 8

H2 Oikawa HP: 39/41 (-0)

<Crystal Golem #2> 0/21 2 Base Damage DEAD

The List:

Crystal Ingot 3/3

Dragon Scale 0/1