[PP-F1] <<Earning a Living>> (Oikawa) [Completed]

"Not gonna be that simple. Most MMOs usually have the final monster to be extremely strong and usually dangerous. I'm not sure if I'm jinxing this, but I know this from experience." Rusty replied as he sneaked towards a set of medieval themed wooden doors. He haad a knack for sensing danger, and most times it came true. Clues and logic games helped out alot with these "predictions." Usually if you think something is over, the game is tricking you into thinking that. Ready to fight as soon as those doors opened, Rusty braced himself for what was to come.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oikawa nodded in agreement and followed Rusty to the doors. He glanced at the brunette and deemed him ready enough. He brought his hands to the door and pressed lightly. A slow grinding creaking noise emitted from the wooden slabs as the slowly swung back back to reveal the field boss room. The floor seemed to be covered in ice and if one wasn't careful, they'd find themselves sliding right into the depths of crystal structures.

The dragon laid quietly at the end of the circular platform that lay just ahead. Oikawa walked along the path and entered the circle. The ground shook and torches lit themselves as the doors behind the came to a close. "Well Rusty, here goes nothing." He entered the inner circle and the eyes of the scaled beast flew open to reveal blood red almond shaped eyes. The dragon flexed its wings and began to hover as combat initiated.

<Nicol, Crystal Dragon Elder>

Stats:

HP: 50/ DMG: 4/ EVA: 1

If players roll a CD of 1 they take 1 Environmental Damage

If Nicol rolls a 9 or 10, the damage player is Frozen (Paralyzed) on their next post. 

Oikawa unsheathed his blade once more, as he launched himself at the crystal dragon. It stabbed the creature along its calf before sliding along the ice crystal floor to get behind it. "Attack it Rusty!"

[14134] BD: 6 [7-1] CD: 4

H1 Oikawa HP: 39/41
H0 Rusty HP: 20/20

<Nicol, Crystal Dragon Elder> 42/50 (-8)

"I'm on it." Rusty yelled as he ran across the icey floor, skidding on purpose to gain momentum. With his sword in hand, he dashed towards to the dragon before charging up his attack. This attack wasn't meant to land as he stumbled over a crystal jammed in the ground and slid all the way to other side of the dungeon. On the quick trip there, he passed under the dragon's hind legs barely mssing the incoming attack. Getting up to regain his pose, Rusty sighed as another one of his series of misses. He wasn't doing very well. "Switch!" He yelled so that Oikawa took his turn.

Oikawa's HP: 39/41

Rusty's HP: 20/20

Nicol, Crystal Dragon Elder's HP: 42/50

ID: 14135 BD: 5 CD: 4 LD: 14 MD: 5

Rusty's luck in this fight seemed to be on the real bad side as he had the misfortune of taking a tumble and sliding along the ice. Oikawa heard the call for a switch and instantly went on the offensive. Nicol seemed to have had enough of the players antics and inhaled deeply before expelling a wave of frost covered crystal shards. The shards rained down on Oikawa. He felt a shard or two pierce his tunic but he kept moving. Sending his rapier barreling between the dragons leg and arm, Oikawa managed to puncture the mid section of the flying reptile.

As he landed back on the ground, he felt an unusually cold feeling as he became immobile. Dammit, I'm frozen.

[14140] BD: 6 [4+3-1] CD: 7 MD: 6 [9-3]

H2 Oikawa HP: 39/41 Paralyzed 0/1
H0 Rusty HP: 20/20

<Nicol, Crystal Dragon Elder> 34/50 (-8)

Rusty watched as Oikawa fell to the ground, immobilized by the new barrage of attcks from the lustrous dragon. Dashing towards the frozen player, Rusty stood in front of him with his sword in hand. Fed up with missing every single attack so far, he charged his rapier and stabbed at the soft hide covering the belly of the beast. Smiling with a crazed eye at his success, he stabbed twice more before returning to Oikawa's side. "Don't worry, I'll make it c-choke on its own blood." RRusty said. This idiot monster thought it could figh back and actually have a chance to kill, but it thought wrong. Rusty continued rolling and somersaulting to avoid all the attacks made by the winged dinosaur.

Oikawa's HP39/41

Rusty's HP20/20

Nicol, Crystal Dragon Elder's HP: 31/50

ID: 14141 BD: 9 CD: 12 LD: 19 MD: 9

Oikawa could only watch as Rusty finally landed a hit. How troublesome. The second I'm frozen, Rusty finally hits something and I can't even congratulate him. Well just hold on a bit longer. I think I'll be thawed out after you attack again. Nicol roared into the winds. He seemed amused by Rusty's feeble attacks yet gritty determination. The dragon snorted, as frosted air left it's nostrils. It then shot crystal breath at Rusty. Somehow the brunette manged to evade all the crystals

Oikawa could feel the effect wearing off. Once he completely thawed, he felt a sharp pain causing him to double over. Ahh that felt like environmental damage. "Alright Rusty, land another blow man!"

[14146] CD: 1 MD: 2

H2 Oikawa HP: 38/41 Paralyzed 1/1 (-1)
H2 Rusty HP: 20/20

<Nicol, Crystal Dragon Elder> 31/50

Dodging thr shower of rubies and emeralds and other minerals, Rusty started to dash towards to the right before switching directuons and going to left. Confusing the dragon, he aimed at the wings of the beast and sliced it vigorously. Sliding across the floor, he sped towards Oikawa who was beginning to get up from being paralyzed. Smiling with a crazed look in his eyes, Rusty grabbed his sword with vigor unlike before. This beast needed to die now, hopefully by his hands.

Oikawa's HP38/41

Rusty's HP20/20

Nicol, Crystal Dragon Elder's HP: 29/50

ID: 14147 BD: 7-1= 6 CD: 2 LD: 10 MD: 7

The paralysis completely subsided as Rusty came to halt in front of Oikawa. the player seemed to have a crazy glee in his eye. It worried Oikawa. I hope he isn't like me. A twisted being welled up inside just waiting for a trigger to release itself. Rusty seemed to be enjoying the battle a little too much. "Keep a hold of your sanity mate. The battle isn't over yet." 

Oikawa jumped forward and lunged at the floating reptile. Nicol tried to bypass Oikawa and hit Rusty with a nose dive. Oikawa reacted quickly and as if like a faint whisper, he disappeared and reappeared in front of the attacking dragon. Deflecting the strike with his shield, Oikawa countered by sending his rapier along the length of the dragon. As the elder dragon roared, Oikawa smirked as his hit sent another chunk of health from Nicol to the lost zone.

"Focus now Rusty. Switch!"

[14150] BD: 7 [8-1] CD: 4 MD: 4

H3 Oikawa HP: 38/41
H3 Rusty HP: 20/20

<Nicol, Crystal Dragon Elder> 21/50 (-8)

Rusty shook his head and the vision he was having dissipated. He was thinking of all the ways he could take revenge against his classmates, but then started to reenact it in the fight. His expression returning to his usual one and he got serious. What was pretty funny in a dark way to Rusty was that he managed to hit the dragon when he was distracted unlike before. Concentrating at the goal at hand, Rusty flew at the dragon but saw an incoming crystal breath. Rolling on the floor to dodge, his sword was knocked out of his hand as he lay on the ground.

Oikawa's HP38/41

Rusty's HP20/20

Nicol, Crystal Dragon Elder's HP21/50

ID: 14152 BD: 3 CD: 2 LD: 2 MD: 8

Why do I even bark orders haha? I say focus, he loses his sword. I say make it count, he misses. Maybe I should tell him to miss. Then maybe he'll hit something haha. Oikawa grinned as his thoughts danced along. Though Rusty made a smart decision to avoid the blast, Oikawa wish he had held his blade tighter. The blonde then sprinted towards the loose blade and slid along the ice. Once he retrieved the weapon he tossed it back to Rusty before rushing off for his attack.

The dragon roared and roared seeming to be better at causing noise than dealing damage. Another wave of crystals came crashing through the air. Oikawa used his shield to deflect the direct shards and used his speed to evade the rest. Remembering how unprotected the belly of the beast was,Oikawa aimed for there. His rapier easily pierced the dragon's underside. Pulling his blade out Oikawa simply nodded for Rusty to switch.

[14156] BD: 7 [8-1] CD: 8 MD: 4 [7-3]

H4 Oikawa HP: 38/41
H3 Rusty HP: 20/20

<Nicol, Crystal Dragon Elder> 13/50 (-8)

Catching the rapier as he ran, Rusty rushed the dragon to attack. Oikawa yelled switch and he went in to charge his weapon. Sensing that the dragon was on its last pegs, he dashed even faster than before to score a good hit. Skidding to a stop, he noticed a large red gash at the side of the beast's  belly. He made a hit. Smirking for his small victory, Rusty grabbed his sword even tighter. It was definitely going to go after him after a scar like that. Ignoring the rest of his surrounding, he slid under the beast making it confused about whether he was going to attack or not. "Switch!"

Oikawa's HP38/41

Rusty's HP20/20

Nicol, Crystal Dragon Elder's HP: 10/50

ID: 14157 BD: 9 CD: 9 LD: 18 MD: 5

Rusty seemed determined to land a strike. His determination proved fruitful as he left a decent gash along the underside of Nicol. He then hid beneath the dragon and called for a switch. Nicol was wiser than he looked however as he hovered upside and sent a quick burst of frigid air in Rusty's direction. This caused him to freeze on contact and made him a very easy target.

Oikawa ran towards the beast as he tried to land the finishing blow. He was out of luck however as Nicol seemed to be tired of becoming just another training dummy. The dragon spread its wing s and hovered higher into the air. Dammit, with Rusty frozen, it'll take that much longer to kill the damned thing. I have to protect him for now though. Oikawa rushed over to the frozen player and placed himself between the boy and the dragon. "Don't worry Rusty, I got you!"

[14162] BD: 4 [2+3-1] CD: 4 MD: 9

H4 Oikawa HP: 38/41
H5 Rusty HP: 15/20 (-5) [4 +1] Paralyzed 0/1 Turns

<Nicol, Crystal Dragon Elder> 10/50 (-0)

Rusty eyes closed as he collapsed to the ground. The dragon had gotten the better of him and paralyzed him. Unable to move, Rusty's mind went to a dark place. The inability to do anything but think was putting him in a mental hell. With his eyes closed, he was unable to see what was transpiring. Maybe he had been too cocky in the fight or maybe he had just miscalculated. Either way, he had to get out of this position or else he would go insane. Overhearing Oikawa's words, Rusty tried moving to remember his state. That dragon was going to die once he was able to get up again. One thing did interrupt this was the fact that his battle healing activated. This is so useful, one HP! I should've spent my skill points somewhere else.

Oikawa's HP38/41

Rusty's HP: 15/20

Nicol, Crystal Dragon Elder's HP: 10/50

ID: 14157 BD: 5 CD: 10 LD: 12 MD: 10

Oikawa noticed that Rusty had begun to thaw out. This reinforced Oikawa's will to protect the player. As Nicol came soaring through the arena, he decided to attack with a move unseen to them yet. The dragon swooped down and attempted to eat the frozen Rusty. Oikawa used his shield to block the creatures fangs as the attempted to snap down on the blonde. Temporarily releasing his shield, Oikawa front flipped over the dragon and sank his blade right into the skull of the creature.

Releasing his blade he jumped back down and retrieved his shield from the clutches of the dragon. "Rusty it's damn near dead. Finish it!" Oikawa jumped back as his battle healing kicked in and Rusty completely thawed out.

[14178] BD: 7 [8-1] CD: 10 MD: 5

H5 Oikawa HP: 39/41 (+1)
H5 Rusty HP: 16/20 (-0) Unparalyzed

<Nicol, Crystal Dragon Elder> 2/50 (-8)

Rusty jumped up from his spot on the floor, ready to end this battle once and for all. Dashing as he yelled at the dragon, Rusty stabbed and swiped at its underside until all that was left from it was some col and thr msterial they needed. At last they had finished and he was able to get the last attack. Picking up the materials and putting them into his inventory, he turned to Oikawa. "We have everything we need, so what now?" He asked. Putting away his sword, he felt a sudden tiredness, most likely from the circumstances of what happened. 

Oikawa's HP39/41

Rusty's HP: 16/20

Nicol, Crystal Dragon Elder's HP: 0/50 Dead (+250 Col & 1 Dragon Scale)

ID: 14157 BD: 10 CD: 6 LD: 15 MD: 9

Once Rusty had control over his movements again, he immediately bombarded the elder dragon with an array of slashes and stabs. He was still swing in even as the Mob dispersed into pixels, leaving behind nothing but it's loot. As the brunette collected his goods, he inquired about the next plan of movement. "Well now that we have what we need, we can return to the town and have you report to the  NPC you received the quest from. They should give you a location and a set of keys. Then we will go to your new shop and craft your first item."

Oikawa trudged past the now open wooden doors and led the way back to the town. The trek back was relatively simple and took no time at all. As they approached the gate, he motioned for Rusty to lead the way tot he NPC. "I'll follow you from here."

The List:

Crystal Ingot 3/3

Dragon Scale 1/1

A Shop 0/1

After reaching the town, Rusty was able to find the NPC quest giver and lead Oikawa to it. Describing the events that transpired to the NPC, he was given a set of keys and told to report go find his shop on the 4th floor. Rusty paused. He doesn't actually mean that my shop is on the fourth floor, does he? Turning around, he gave the NPC a cold glare. "You couldn't have given me a warmer floor, or at least this floor?!" The NPC gave no reaction whatsoever. After giving out small breath, Rusty motioned for Oikawa to follow him. He didn't want to delay becoming a blacksmith anymore and damn well he wasn't going to let the floor environment stop him. "​Let's go." Rusty muttered as he stepped outside the building and towards the town's teleportation gate.

Once they found the NPC, Rusty relayed the quest details and as Oikawa thought, the boy was handed a set of keys and a location much like he received way back when. He then chuckled however as he overheard what floor they were going to. "Oh man lucky! I have a proposal for you. I have my shop here on the first floor. Switch me locations? I prefer the fourth floor anyhow and I seem to frequent the floor a lot when I adventure."

Looking at the mob of players that was the first floor, Rusty decided to keep his shop where it was. "Too many people on this floor, I wouldn't want to keep hhaving to make orders and sell stuff. At least on the fourth floor its quiet. So I can read a book." Rusty aanswered. Being on the fourth floor wasn't a big deal and it wasn't all that bad, just cold. I suppose its poetic justice, some people could consider me cold. Entering the teleportation gate, Rusty said "Snowfrost Town" and teleported. Jumping out on the other side, he began to shiver instantaneously from the freezing temperature. "Great.."

"Ahh that's reasonable enough." Oikawa stated in response to Rusty's answer. They finally made it to the gate after having to sift through crowds of people. He's right about that. This floor is constantly over-flooded with players. Rusty went first and disappeared in a flash of light. Oikawa then stepped onto the platform and muttered "Teleport: Snowfrost Town." In a swirl of flashing lights, he felt the chilling wind as he stepped from the gate.

The feeling of crushed snow was always reminder for him. Ahh King's home floor. I should brought him along. Ah well i'll be sure to visit soon enough. As he walked about through the snow, he followed Rusty to his shop's location.