[PP-F1] <<Earning a Living>> (Oikawa) [Completed]

Walking through the many cottages and cabins, Rusty arrived at his new shop. It was a small cabin with snow covering the roof and icicles dropping from the window tiles. Slight frost seemed to tint the windows with a icey white and an orange-yellow glow appeared from inside the forge. "Here we are.." Rusty mumbled, his work with Oikawa had gotten him here. Opening the door, his shivering dissipated as the forge was just the right amount of warmth, probably from the brick fireplace near a lining of seats. Walking to the counter, his footsteps creaking the wooden floor, he smirked. This wasn't that bad of a shop, he could get used to this. There was a chair on the salesman side of the counter. Sitting on it, Rusty could imagine him reading himself till he collapsed from exhaustion. It almost felt like home.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having traversed through half the town, they finally arrived at Rusty's shop. The little cabin had a real cozy feel to it and it was almost home like. It reminded Oikawa of his shop which he currently used as a house. Maybe I should move to the fourth floor haha. If all the shops have this warm cabin in the woods feel I may put in a request. They entered the shop. Oikawa instantly found that the shop was much like his. The forge seemed to be located towards the back.

Rubbing his hands together he motioned for Rusty to come over. Pointing to the oven like furnace, Oikawa began to teach him about crafting. "Okay so this here is your furnace. You place any mat you wish to use in here first to warm it up. Once it begins to glow orange, you can then remove it and begin crafting it with your standard hammer which seems to be located here on your table. Unlike real crafting, all you simply need to do is mentally think of what you want to craft and hit the heated material a few times. If your skill is high enough, this becomes easier. But if you lose focus or other thoughts roam your mind, you can end up with the wrong item or a terrible craft altogether. sOME TIDBITS YOU SHOULD KNOW. One. Make sure you get your Uncommon, Rare, and Perfect Quality Items appraised by an Eval team ( Just make sure you get them evaluated before you sell them in-universe). Two, find someone to make you some <Fireproof Gloves> or a <Crafting Hammer> as those increase your chances of creating perfect Items."

Oikawa opened his inventory and forked over the 4 materials "These are yours. I'm going to go ahead and take my leave. I have given you the necessary information to become a great blacksmith. How you use it is up to you. Have any other inquiries don't hesitate to pm me." With that, Oikawa marked the little cabin down on his map and left out the door.

Rusty with listened to Oikawa's instruction on making weapons. This was going to be a bit harder than he thought, but he could probably manage it if he tried hard enough. Taking the materials gained from the trip, Rusty sat down in the chair and muttered bye as his mentor left the shop. "All in a day's work.." Putting his feet on the counter, Rusty began to relax. Tommorow for sure he'll begin crafting. All he had to do was think up a name, but he was too tired. The warmth was enough for Rusty to began sleeping as the sun began to set on the long day.