[PP-F8] [Complete] Training Part 1 (Calrex)

A new Event Boss had been announced a couple weeks ago. Oikawa had already applied for the quest and was just waiting for a confirmation date for the raid. He figured in the meantime, however, that he'd train.

Training is much more feasible with a partner though. I could always invite Ariel but then again I'd probably  end up on some crazy adventure involving floor 10 and its extreme darkness. Hmm Maybe a member from Square One? No I got it!

Oikawa opened his messenger and typed a quick text and smashed send. I hope he isn't busy with Teayre. I'd hate to intrude on their time.

To: Calrex

Subject: Training Session

Get your blue armored arse to the 8th floor. We have training to do!

"*yawn* Man today's looking to be rather quiet. Of course after a lot of what's happened these quiet days seem to be even quieter. Gh!"

Calrex was laying underneath a tree on the first floor when all of a sudden he got a message. He made a series of swipes as he browsed through his menu to the inbox, where he found a message from Oikawa.

"Huh, looks like he's looking for a training session. I hope this goes better than his request for a duel. Guess I'd best get moving."

He quickly turned on his friend locator so that he could easily locate his comrade, "Eighth floor huh? I swear I was just up there recently. In any case let's go."

He kicked to his feet as he rushed for the portal in the Starting City, quickly swiping through his menu to select the eighth floor settlement of Florenthia, vanishing in a flash of light, reappearing in the treetop town as he landed on his feet, "Alright Oikawa where are you at?"

As he followed the friend locator he began to equip his gear, starting with the Grand Blade, followed by the Grand Gauntlets, finishing with the Grand Chariot armor, completing his Grand Armament. Once Oikawa came into his sight he gave a friendly wave, "Hey Oikawa, you summoned me?"

What or rather how should we even train? Should we go Mob hunting or duel or both? Hmm I'll see what he thinks. As if on cue, a blue armored figure stepped into Oikawa's peripheral vision. He immediately recognized his own craftsmanship and greeted the character. "Hey there Cal. And yup. I was feeling rather bored and with the upcoming battle against the twins I figured I could use the extra training. Down for some Mob hunting or dueling? I promise I won't go all Psycho like last time haha."

The laugh was rather awkward considering the chain of events that followed his crazy outburst from the last time he dueled. He scanned the armor over and admired how the gear seemed to naturally fit Cal. "How you liking the armor thus far? Is it fulfilling it's role?

"The twins huh? I heard about that event and was thinking of taking part myself. Heh, and don't worry about it, as long as whatever you were going through last time seems to be subsided for now. As for the armor..."

To show off Oikawa's craftsmanship he quickly leapt into the air as his legs became surrounded by the blue chain-like aura of his <<Martial Arts>> skill as he executed a drop kick straight into the ground (the Grand Fall), crashing into the ground as he left a small, shallow crater about an a foot in diameter. As if there was some residual energy left the light blue chain-like aura faded in little wisps of light, "Everything's been working out great."

"Well... except for the one small detail about my sword... but that might just be something on my part I need to understand more of."

"In any case I'm up for whatever you have in mind."

He reached like he was going to put his hands in his jacket pockets, but then realized that his armor had no pockets to put them into.

"Darn it, force of habit..."

He rested his hands on the small diamond-like parts of the belt around his waist.

"I assure you I'm fine now haha. But I'm glad to hear ans see that my work is living up to it's standards. I suppose Mob hunting should suffice then!" Oikawa then equipped his own gear. His sword, Faint Edge, and his shield, Inquisiteur, immediately materialized into their respective hands. He twirled his rapier, displaying some rather risky wrist twists and potent jabs, all the while slamming his shield into the imaginary foe that is surely deceased now. Sheathing the blade and clicking the lock mechanic on his shield, Oikawa gestured for Calrex to follow him along the village bridge out to the gate.

Once they were outside the safe zone, Oikawa led Calrex along the platforms circling each enormous tree that made up their surroundings. An eerie splash could be heard. "Cal, <Bog Crawlers> lurk here. Keep your eyes peeled." Ripples broke the surface as murky creatures swam just deep enough to keep themselves out of sight but still make their presence known. Oikawa kept alert and waited for any signs of danger as they strolled through swamps.

Calrex smirked underneath his helmet as Oikawa began to twirl and show off his skills with his equipment. He gave a nod as Oikawa motioned to follow him outside of the gate, "Sounds good to me. Let's do this!"

He quickly followed behind as Oikawa began to move across the various platforms that surrounded the trees. He quickly went on alert as Oikawa warned him about the creatures in the area.

"Cal, <Bog Crawlers> lurk here. Keep your eyes peeled."

"Will do. I'm guessing they're probably lurking down below right?"

He peeked over the edge to see if there was any trace of the creatures down below. He let his eyes relax, trying to see if his <<Reveal>> skill could give insight into their positions. Unfortunately, it appeared that the water was not affected by his ability, the murky waves persisting in their concealment of the creatures below.

"Darn, I can't make out any of them for now. If any are taking cover in the trees though I should be able to spot them before they get the jump on us."

Oikawa's stats:

HP: 41/ DMG: 8/ MIT: 3/ EVA: 3/ ACC: 3

Battle Healing +1 HP on CD 10+

"That's correct!" Oikawa responded as Cal looked over the edge. "Yeah watch the trees. Last time I was here there were a few <Swamp Stalker(s)> lurking in the trees. This place is filled with nasty little creatures."

Oikawa continued to lead Calrex down the path. He knew of a little spot that seemed to spawn plenty of the stalkers, so there training could go off without a hitch. As he neared the path way that led off from the main trail, he signaled for Cal to follow him this way. His assumption that the spot remained un-tampered was correct as a stalker strode across the marshy swamp. "There's our first target. Lets go!. Also  watch your footing. A ,(CD of 1), misstep will cause you to fall into the swamp (Taking 1 damage)."

Oikawa readied his blade. Taking off down the platform, he lunged at the beast and sank hi rapier into it's back. Using the stalker as a launchpad, he jumped off of it to get back to the platform. It roared in pain and faced the boys. Malicious intent seemed to seep from its very essence. "Cal! It's your move!"

(ooc: It will attack on my next post. Since we have the jump on it right now,)

[14118] BD: 6 CD: 2

Oikawa: 41/41

Calrex: 32/32

Swamp Stalker: 17/25 (-8)

ID: 14126

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +1) = 5

Craft Dice: 2

As Oikawa leapt off of the platform Calrex loked over the edge to see the creature that Oikawa had gotten the jump on, giving a smirk as he followed suit and kicked off of the platform. As Oikawa used the stalker as a launching pad Calrex brought his leg back, the light blue aura chains forming around his lower leg. As he got into striking distance he shot his leg forward like a flying kick.

Unfortunately his attack flew just a few inches off of the mark, his foot slamming into the ground behind the creature. The aura chains shot out and dispersed into the swampy ground before dissipating into shards.

Recovering quickly Calrex kicked forward and used the trees to get back to the platform, kicking off between two before leaping up, backflipping as he landed behind the railing, "Darn, so much for the element of surprise. Let's do this Oikawa."

HP List

Enemies:

Swanp Stalker: 17/25

Calrex seemed to still be getting use to his unarmed attacking as he just barely missed the mob. He then jumped back towards Oikawa and commented on the element of surprise. "Eh who needs surprise anyway?" Oikawa exclaimed as he then jumped off the platform again. Using his shield, he deflected two swipes from the creature before bringing his shield down and slamming the Stalker.

He jumped his way back up to the platform and bowed to Cal "I believe it's your turn Lord Ultramarine Knight!"

[14144] BD: 7 CD: 11 MD: 2

Swamp Stalker: 9/25 (-8)

ID: 14145

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1) = 9

Craft Dice: 8

"Shh! That's not a widespread name yet, Mr. Oikawa the Faint."

Calrex smirked underneath his armor as he leapt down once again. He saw Oikawa deftly deflect the strikes from the stalker before bringing his shield down upon it. Almost immediately after Oikawa retreated Calrex followed up with his own attack. He gave a calming breath as he brought his arm back, the aura chains snaking his way around his elbow area. As he got into striking range he quickly threw his upper body forward, turning as he brought his reinforced arm forward in a straight elbow strike.

As his strike made contact the aura chains burst out on impact, spreading out before promptly vanishing. Calrex quickly kicked his legs over as he flipped using his elbow as a pivot point to retreat back up the trees before landing back on the platform, "Alright, one more hit should finish it off."

HP List

Enemies:

Swamp Stalker: 4/25

Oikawa couldn't help but laugh as Calrex replied to his banter. The blue armored knight then attacked the stalker with a mighty elbow blow. The stalker seemed stunned giving Oikawa the perfect opening to finish it off. Jumping off the platform once more, he somersaulted before exposing his blade and sinking it into the mob below. The creature shattered into pixels leaving behind a loot bag that fell onto the shore of the swamps.

Oikawa splashed through the bank and retrieved the loot. Well that was fun no? Haha! He lets say we have a duel this time half loss. I want to see first hand how effective your unarmed damage is. You're the only person I know to wield the skill." 

[14148] BD: 5 CD: 9 LD: 14 MD: 2

Swamp Stalker: 0/25 DEAD

[Oikawa - The Faint received 125 Col and 1 Material]

As Oikawa rushed off the platform once again Calrex didn't even bother with looking at the creature. He knew Oikawa well enough to know that even if he had a small shot as connecting a strike he had a tendency to pull through and actually score the hit. His suspicions were confirmed as he heard the familiar sound of an object being destroyed as he watched Oikawa return back to the platform.

"Well that was fun no? Haha! He lets say we have a duel this time half loss. I want to see first hand how effective your unarmed damage is. You're the only person I know to wield the skill."

"Sure...wait really? You haven't met anyone else that uses the <<Martial Arts>> skill?"

"Actually...come to think of it I know only two players, well...more like one that actually does and one that might be using it. Skylar and Niklaus. I haven't seen those two in a while. Plus Ariel was curious about it a while back, but I'm not sure if she actually followed through and went on the quest."

Calrex gave a calming breath as he turned to face Oikawa, smirking underneath his helmet. Since his helmet didn't show any of his facial expressions he gave a nod as he readied himself, "This is going to be the first time I've done a half-loss battle, so it'll be interesting."

"No one to my knowledge, aside from you, has it. I take that back. I know a player by the name of Skylar that has it. If I recall correctly I made him some gauntlets some time ago." Oikawa nodded as Calrex agreed tot he duel. He set up the half loss duel challenge and sent it over to Cal. As Cal accepted, Oikawa double checked all his gear was in place. While Calrex is no Floor or Event Boss, he's no slouch either. Plus this will better show how we match up against each other.

The timer ticked down.

[14154] LD: 13

ID: 14155

Loot Dice: 4 (Oikawa gets first strike)

"Actually I know Skylar as well. I've only met him a couple of times, but I know for sure he seems to be the only player, other than another named Niklaus that was doing the quest for it previously, that is actually actively using it."

Oikawa readied his gear as Calrex went into his fighting position, bringing his left hand opened like a claw close to his face while his right hand was by his hip in a fist. He spread his stance so that his right foot was in front, shrinking his profile as he readied himself.

"Oikawa's still got a lot over me in terms of stats. Hopefully the boosters that the Grand Armament gives me will be enough to compensate for most of it."

As the timer clicked down to 1 Calrex gave a calming breath as he tensed both arms, his left hand closing into a fist. The light blue aura chains appeared as they began to spiral rapidly around his forearms like chainsaw blades.

"Alright, let's try going on the defense this round. See what Oikawa has up his sleeve."

"Hmm I see I wonder how Skylar's doing?As for the other one, I've never met or heard of this Niklaus guy." Oikawa's shield then expanded to cover most of his forearm. His grip tightened as the rapier seemed to point directly at Calrex. The talisman around his neck glowed before returning to normal beneath his tunic. Time seemed to stand still as the timer reach zero. Oikawa gazed up at Calrex and exhaled a breath he had been building up in the last few moments.

As the last of his breath exited his airways, Oikawa moved. A faint after-image remained in the space where he had once been standing. If one were to look up, they would see the figure now falling towards the armored player at an alarming speed. Rapier still honed in on it's target, Oikawa forced himself to accelerate as he prepared a 5 hit combo that should effectively startle the younger player.

He was amazed when the boy evaded his rather quick offensive strike. Landing on the ground, Oikawa gazed at Calrex. "Not bad dodging that Cal! I won't make it any easier from here on out," he said, as he gestured for he blue armored warrior to come at him.

[14159] BD: 3 [1+3-1] (Son of a biscuit.That post seemed so bada** too)

Oikawa: 41/41 (miss)

"Trust me when I say if you ever do...be careful."

As the battle started Calrex watched as Oikawa quickly made his move. Living up to his title Calrex quickly lost track of his opponent until he heard the sound of wind flapping against cloth as he looked up, seeing Oikawa descending towards him as a rapid speed. His eyes watched as the rapier point homed in on him as he raised his arms.

"Alright Oikawa, let's see what you've got!"

A flurry of stabs rained down on him as Calrex brought his arms up. The aura chains rotated rapidly around his forearms as he weaved twice to avoid two of the stabs before deflecting the other three to the side using his forearms. The added rotation of the chains added to his arms increased the deflecting effect to his defense, sending the thrusts left and right.

After Oikawa landed Calrex gave a smirk as he quickly rushed in, bringing one of his arms back, "Don't worry. I don't intend on giving any leeway either!"

ID: 14161

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +1) = 5

As Calrex threw his fist forward he saw it fly off the mark, passing above Oikawa's left shoulder. As his arm completed its extension the aura chains burst out from the end of his fist like a shotgun blast, hitting air. Calrex quickly leapt back as he readied himself once again.

"Darn, I must have misjudged the spacing. That would have been a strong hit if I had timed it correctly."

Cal exchanged banter as he quickly counter-attacked. His fist coming at Oikawa at a very quick pace. Sadly it wasn't quick enough, as the blonde slightly dropped his shoulder and turned his head to the right. The fist flew by his ear as it emitted a blast of aura. If it had connected, he surely would've been knocked back. "Good I want this to be a good match. Fair and square."

Oikawa lunged forward as Calrex backed away. He thrusted his rapier several times, as he attempted to catch the armored knight off balance. The flurry of strikes were deflected but the pressure was the important factor here. I can't let up! Not even for a second.

[14171] BD: 5 [3+3-1]

Calrex watched as Oikawa quickly rushed after him as he tried to put distance between them, watching at Oikawa unleashed yet another flurry of strikes at him. It would have been easier to avoid if Oikawa had been using some form of slashing weapon, but since he was using a rapier the series of thrusts made it difficult to draw a path on occasion. Nonetheless the aura chains seemed to serve some help as it allowed Calrex to continue deflecting any blows he could not dodge.

"I could use that technique. I have yet to actually activate it...no I need to wait for a better opportunity to make use of it..."

ID: 14172

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1) = 6 (+3 Evasion) = 3

As Oikawa left a single short window between his attacks Calrex quickly planted his back foot as he clenched both fists, bringing them to his hips, turned up before he began unleashing a barrage of punches, each one aided by the spiraling chains around his fists. The barrage of strikes made it almost seem like Calrex had four more arms than he actually had as the blur of strikes pushed Oikawa's rapier to the side.

Unfortunately, as Calrex continued his assault he didn't feel any strike meet resistance. None of his fists seemed to score a hit.

(OOC: Referring to the disguise skill? You devil you!)

Oikawa's attacks seemed to do well at keeping up the pressure, however; there was a small lapse in his attack pattern. Calrex used that tiny window of time to unleash a barrage of his own. At first Oikawa opted to just deflect the fists with his shield. This worked at first, but the spiraling chains also seemed to deal damage. Being backed into a barrage of flying chains and furious fists, He decided to try his maneuver once more. 

This time he gave the attack a name. "Faint... ARC" Leaving another after-image in his wake, Oikawa watched as the knight continued to strike air. Then spiraling downwards, he sent his rapier into a fury of jabs that prodded several parts of Cal's armor. He ended the combo with a devastating blow to the chest. As the knight staggered back Oikawa smirked and brought his shield up in a combo stance meant for defense and offense. "Lets go Cal! The fight is just beginning!"

[14175] BD: 8 [(9)-1]

Calrex: 26/32 (-6) [9-3]

OOC: Haha you are correct sir! And guess what, it's time to use it!

"Gh!"

After a few seconds of feeling nothing all of a sudden Calrex felt a series of stabs come at him from above. He looked up in time to see Oikawa drop down in front of him, sending a driving stab to his chest. Calrex reeled back as he slid a few paces, bracing himself. Luckily his Grand Chariot armor seemed to take a decent amount of the hits.

"Lets go Cal! The fight is just beginning!"

Calrex gave a nod as he looked forward, "I think it's about time to activate it. I've gotta get a strike in!"

Calrex gave a calming breath as he let his aura chains form around his forearms. He planted his feet before rushing forward once again. As he got into striking range of Oikawa he quickly stepped forward...

"Tsk tsk Kawi-kun, trying to pull such fancy maneuvers like that!"

As Calrex moved out of Oikawa's field of vision all of a sudden his appearance took a quick change. In place of where his helmet was there appeared to be a fair face with long blonde hair as all of a sudden Calrex switched to look like Ariel, the Crowned Lion.

"This might be a good pick to throw him off his guard. Now!"

ID: 14176

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuray +1 / Disguise Bonus +1) = 9 (Evasion +3) = 6

As Ariel/Calrex reached a solid point to plant his feet he brought his fist back, the other hand with a illusionary rapier coming up as if to stab. As his fist lit alight with a yellow glow he thrust forward, making contact with Oikawa's shoulder in a strong hit.

Calrex leapt back a few feet as he felt the <<Disguise>> skill starting to already wear away, "Shoot, I've only got a few more second before this wears off. Best start to think about my next plan of attack."

HP List

​Calrex: 26/32

Opponents:

Oikawa: 39/41 (+3 Mitigation, right?) (-1 to BD roll for next post)