[PP-F8] [Complete] Training Part 1 (Calrex)

(OOC: Correct!)

The Ultramarine Knight stared at Oikawa. then suddenly he rushed forward again. Another linear attack? Come on Cal mix it up. His wish was granted as the armored foe disappeared from view. Who appeared next baffled and confused the blonde.

What seemed to be a perfect replica of Ariel, suddenly dashed at him in place of Calrex. What the hell is this? Where'd Cal go and why am I now fighting Ariel??? His distracted thoughts allowed the girl to send her rapier right into his shoulder. Jumping back in pain, Oikawa watched as she began to flicker. Slowly alternating between Ariel and Calrex. "What the hell was that Calrex? How'd you do that?"

As fascinated as he was, Oikawa so the moment as a perfect opportunity to land another strike. As Calrex began to speak, Oikawa burst forward and slammed his own rapier into Calrex's shoulder. "My apologies, but an eye for an eye. Or rather a shoulder for a shoulder."

[14180] BD: 6 [(8)-1-1] CD: 2

Oikawa: 39/41 

Calrex: 21/32 (-5) [8-3]

"Gah!"

As Oikawa quickly recovered from Calrex's attack he thrust his rapier forward and managed to strike Calrex in the shoulder. At the same time the illusion of Ariel seemed to shatter like a mirror as Calrex got pushed back.

"Heh, I'll tell you later. But hey at least it worked."

ID: 14181

Battle Dice: 1 (Evasion +3) = -2

As Calrex recovered his stance he rushed forward as he tried to throw in another strike, but as he planted his foot all of a sudden it gave way as it slid even further, his fist flying far clear of its mark. Unfortunately he was unable to maintain his position as he suddenly hit the ground and rolled a few paces away from Oikawa, ending with one knee touching the ground.

"Gh...lost my focus...stay...calm..."

Calrex gave a few more calming breaths, but then all of a sudden one of them seemed different, colder...shallower...like he was breathing in a frozen tundra. Underneath his helmet his eyes dimmed for a second.

"Remain focused...recover stance..."

Calrex slowly stood to his feet, spreading his legs apart as he began to reach for the Grand Blade on the back of his hip.

"Prepare for next attack. Strategy...defensive countermeasures. Opponent's weapon's is a rapier. Designed for thrusting attacks. Able to trace by watching movements of wrist and arm..."

His right hand began to close around the hilt, grasping it tightly. He began to draw it, getting ready to break the lock on it.

"Reanalyzing. Unnecessary to use extreme countermeasures. Returning back to improvised tactics..."

"gh..."

Calrex's eyes returned back to normal underneath his helmet as he quickly released his right hand from the hilt as his breathing returned to normal.

"That sensation again...no, it's not needed. There's no call for going that far just yet. I need to control it, harness it when necessary..."

Oikawa smirked at Cal's response. I guess any tactic like that is a good one to have. Maybe I should look into it. Calrex yet again went for another straight attack. He knows I'm faster than he is right? That fact seemed to not matter, as the bluenette stumbled and rolled away from Oikawa. "Tsk tsk Cal. Now I have to finish you!" Oikawa started to rush at Cal when something began to put him off.

The blue knight slowly stood to his feet. The air around them seemed to drop 10 degrees. His aura seemed to become a different shade of cool as well. What is this chilling feeling? Cal then reached for his blade as if he was going to draw it. What is he doing? "Calrex SNAP OUT OF IT!" As if on cue or maybe extreme luck, the bluenette remove his hand from the hilt and stared back at the blonde.

Though he was worried, Oikawa decided that ending the duel would be in the best interest of both players. Oikawa darted back and forth leaving a few afterimages behind as he suddenly appeared in front of Calrex. The sad fact was that, at the moment that he appeared in front of the boy, the blade pierced his armor. Extracting the blade and jumping back, Oikawa watched as the duel results page hovered before congratulating him.

"Well fought Cal. Were you alright before that last attack? You seemed kind of off." Oikawa inquired.

[14182] BD: 8 [(9)-1] CD: 2

Oikawa: 39/41 

Calrex: 15/32 (-6) [9-3]

"Whoa!"

Calrex leaned back in surprise as Oikawa all of a sudden appeared in front of him, seeing his sword arm already poised and at the ready the moment Calrex's eyes managed to lock onto him. However, it seemed that the information that his brain had processed a few seconds ago came into play. Calrex didn't keep track of the point of the rapier to see where it was going. Instead his eyes focused on Oikawa's arm and wrist. Even though it was too fast for him to react in time, he was able to observe the path of the blade as it piercing his breastplate before the duel came to a conclusion.

"Well fought Cal. Were you alright before that last attack? You seemed kind of off."

"I guess that it was fairly obvious. I'd best try to brush it off. Maybe if I combine it with answering Oikawa's previous question it might throw the conversation off that topic quickly."

"You mean before the finishing blow? Yeah, I guess my head might have been rattled or something from that accidental fall."

Calrex gave a calming breath as he dusted his hands off, "I should be perfectly fine, so don't worry about it. However, since you were curious about that skill I just used it's actually the <<Disguise>> ability from the <<Gemini>> quest. I've heard that it really depends on luck what skill you actually get, since there's actually two skills the quest could give you. I apparently got the rarer one."

He gave a friendly smile underneath his helmet, although he understood that Oikawa probably couldn't see it, "In any case what's next? Should we do some more mob battling? I'm still up for anything you want to do."

"Ahhh. Well try not to fall in battle haha!" Oikawa smirked and sheathed his blade as Cal explained the Skill and what Quest it comes from. "Interesting. I may need to look into that for sure. As for what comes next, I've been thinking long and hard about what to do. I think from here on out, I will make it my personal goal to fight any Field Boss I can find on any floor to prepare for the upcoming Boss fight. Care to join me?"

(OOC: Will close this thread and start a new one after your response.)

"Field Bosses huh? Doesn't sound half bad at all."

Calrex turned to face Oikawa, giving a nod of his head to add to the smirk underneath his helmet, "Let's do it."

"That sensation. This is the third time it's almost manifested. Save that fight against the golem all of the times afterwards it's merely taken over my thoughts for a short while. I'll need to keep an eye on it. Especially with the strange effect the Grand Blade seems to have on me."