Mini boss fights

With the boss fights getting harder and harder, is there any way newer players at the lower levels can do epic boss fights that are alittle easier.

These fights dont have to be (nor do i want them to be) up to the level of the floor boss raid, but something that is fun to rp against and challenging that will take at least more then 1 player to beat.

As for rewards, (again I am not looking to get epic gear) we can get bonus col for each player, or a bigger multiplyer. Extra mats, maybe a chance at a Perfect or lower grade items like pots, food, gear. Just something fun that gives better rewards then a normal mob, and that i can feel acomplish for beating with a team.

OR OR OR

Another idea is that the staff makes a mini floor boss quest for each floor that has a unquie way of fighting, or a set pattern of attacks. You guys sort of did this for 2 of the other floors, but it would be nice to have one for each floor. I know that i for one do not feel very acomplish being able to walk up to the 8 floor as a level one because 1 year ago 50 players killed a boss. I want my character to feel accomplish and prove that he could be on that floor.

OR OR OR

you guys could just use the floor bosses from the older rps, weaken their stats so a a party of 5 can beat them and give us the ruling on how or when they use attacks and how the target things, and let us kill those for quest. (They dont even have to award bonus Sp. bonus money, pots, mats, or any small extra loot would be nice)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This will also make this seem more like your rping in a video game because, in every rpg, there are dngs which are repeatable and get harder the farther you progress in the game. Alot of the quest to me are really, really, really, easy mainly because i can just throw on 3 mit and 3 evason and pub stomp just about everything out there. 

What do you think?

In the past, there were training (mini-boss fights), with no extra rewards, but just as a practice for a lot of players to get some boss raid experience (how the groups work, 24 hours posting rules, etc...) However the problem is I don't think the group has ever finished one, or they were often finish as it takes forever to wait for a lot of people to post.

That said, I do think its a good idea. However, if you aren't requesting any special rewards (outside of what's normal), then PM me, I could run one if there's enough interest.

This was an example back in the day: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/3510-op-f1-mass-training-event/

If you are looking for extra possible rewards, ask a staff member, either they would be for it, or against, but it never hurts to ask.

Thos would be pretty neat to do. I haven't participated in any boss fights and I would like to be able to fight one at a lower risk of dying. Although, judging from that thread, there would need to be very strict rules so that people wouldn't have to wait so long to post. So more likely this should be a quest that people do because some people might want to fight a boss by themselves or with a small group.

Wow, nostalgia there. As Rebekah said, there are a few problems but nothing that can't be solved with time limits etc.

I've ran a few - the example being my most successful one - and am willing to do many more if the demand is good.

I'd love to RP organising raids and training peeps. That used to be my thing back in the day..

The hardest part I found was balancing the boss(es) against the party. Experience as a DM in any tabletop game really helps.

That's enough waffle from me but I'm all for this.

The drops would not be as good as floor raid bosses or event bosses; GMs are pretty busy at the moment to be able to run too many GM ran events.
The idea of having more mini buses (Like the queen and avalanche) have been tossed around; like having one like that for each floor.

Thos would be pretty neat to do. I haven't participated in any boss fights and I would like to be able to fight one at a lower risk of dying. Although, judging from that thread, there would need to be very strict rules so that people wouldn't have to wait so long to post. So more likely this should be a quest that people do because some people might want to fight a boss by themselves or with a small group.

A quest or event that people can solo would defeat the point. What im asking for is a group event that people cannot solo. Not a raid event but something a party of at least 5 can do.

Are you talking about the quests like Avalanche and Long Live the Queen?

Thematicly yes, but what im asking for are fights where the boss can do other things besides hit back (Like reflect damage, or like every 4 turns he does a aoe if you dont stun him)

examples would be :

The Iron Guardian

Bandit Camp (because the stealth factor changes the quest by alot)

Idealy i dont want to always beable to win because i have 3 evasion and 8 mit

I think she means GM ran bosses similar to a floor boss, like a pinned topic with Item drops also similar to floor bosses.

They dont have to be GM ran events, They can be party quests too, hint the 2nd and 3rd option. the idea is to give new players a fun challenge and a good reason to work with other new players, and get things like pots, mats, gear, and extra money.

The drops would not be as good as floor raid bosses or event bosses; GMs are pretty busy at the moment to be able to run too many GM ran events.

The idea of having more mini buses (Like the queen and avalanche) have been tossed around; like having one like that for each floor.

As these are not raid events, but party ones. As such i would not be expecting to get any epic gear. Extra col, mats, potions, food, or even rares or perfect would be acceptable. Idealy I would like there to be a reward because of said reasons:

added notes

Any player can make a quest with a hard boss. However we would be rewarded the same as if it was a weaker boss, with the exception of giving it more hp(more hp = more col)  (that does not directly make the fight harder, only longer.)

Also every player knows that if they die, they cannot comeback and they lose all their hard work. So why would someone want to participate in an epic boss fight and run the risk of dieing for the same reward of a normal mob.

Oh if it was a quest boss like Avalanche etc I would be sure to make good items worth their while, otherwise it's a little pointless

I personally like making quests and bosses interesting: I got a few ideas written down somewhere for a boss on each floor (it's even on the site somewhere, where we discussed something similar )

Like: floor 7 is Amazon right? Imagine a Venus fly trap that eats you if you roll a 1 on the BD and you have to spend your next turns escaping it, but each failed attempt is like 2 damage to you cause oh no you are being digested!

To escape you need to roll natural BD 6 or higher (in other words a successful attack )

Stuff like that

Also love seeing you back again Unyielding