PP - F1 Time for a Training Retreat (Oikawa) (Completed)

Calrex gave a small sigh as he sat at the edge of a fountain in the Starting City, dressed in his casual combat clothing with the Grand Blade on the back of his hip. Since he was within a safe zone he figured there was no need to equip the entirety of his Grand Armament, and should the situation come where he would need to fight that particular situation would require his cold persona more than his regular self.

It had been some time and a lot of things had occurred. The most important of which was the new shield next to his name. He and Teayre had become members of the Azure Brigade. It was still a thought on his mind, since Oikawa had always left the offer open for them to join his guild Square One right from the get go. Plus a lot of the acquaintances and friends that he had made seemed to be a part of it. In addition, there was the new guild Leviathan, founded by Rook, which also had a few of his friends like Takniel, Warnik, Hikoru as members. In a way, it felt like he had betrayed them, but going from what he knew of the Brigade he felt that they were the best choice if he wanted to keep Teayre safe.

Lastly was the conversation he had with Xanatos, about the way things seem to be progressing in SAO, with PKers becoming powerful enough that they could do whatever they wanted without consequence. It didn't bother him yet, but Calrex had thought ahead and taken into account the worst situations, where they would target the people he cared about.

"In order to keep that from happening...I need to get stronger soon. Faster than I have been doing now..."

That thought reminded him of his time on the tenth floor, when he encountered the player Arekkusu. He was a solo player, and a powerful one that that. Even though the boy was younger than Calrex, in terms of skill Calrex looked up to him like a new player would a veteran. He gave a small sigh before getting to his feet.

"So I know what I need to do then...now to plan how to go about it. There are things that need to be done in order to get stronger faster. First and foremost, reflection. I need to figure out where I am lacking and focus on making up for those flaws. Second, I need to train in a way that will bolster not only my strength, but also bring my weaknesses up to par. The third id discovering and utilizing weaknesses in techniques of my enemies. If I know how to take them down using less force than needed to meet them head on, all the more in my favor."

"So then...first of all reflection. Self-reflection takes more time than working with others to expose those weaknesses..."

With that he made a series of swipes, creating a message, "Teayre's busy at the moment, and I'm sure a lot of people are busy with guild stuff. So there's one person I can think of who would have the time for this time-consuming act."

Subject: Training Retreat

Hey Oikawa, not sure if you're free at the moment, but I'm going to be doing some intensive training to try and become stronger faster, for various reasons of course. I was wondering if you would like to accompany me, that way we could help figure out each other's flaws in our combat techniques and such. I'm currently at the fountain just inside the west gate of the Starting City, so if you can let me know!
FYI: There's some stuff happening for me that I can't completely explain. If things go for some reason towards a similar event to that dueling event I would suggest to keep a teleportation crystal on you. I'll explain if/when you show up.

With that Calrex sent out the message to Oikawa, giving a calming breath.

"I've only drawn the Grand Blade once in battle, but since Oikawa is the maker of the sword maybe he can help explain why it's having that effect on me, should it be drawn out once again. It almost did during that one duel, but I managed to suppress it before it was unleashed."

The shop was rather cool for how warm it usually seemed to be. One would be inclined to think that since there's a furnace lurking not to far from where Oikawa sat, that he'd be all the warmer. This was not he case as his furnace hadn't felt the lick of flames in weeks. The blonde sighed as he looked read through some of the latest announcements and guild messages that seemed to clutter his notification bar. 

Just as he was beginning to finish up, a new message appeared. Swiping left to open it, the player's eyes widened a bit as he arched an eyebrow. Well more training never hurt anyone, for the most part that is and I doubt Calrex's situation is as extreme as my last fiasco. However I will take precaution upon my arrival. Typing up a reply, the blonde quickly closed the message center and whistled for King to make an appearance.

Subject: Re: Training Retreat

Hey Cal! Yeah I'm free and I've been meaning to get some training in anyway with the latest patch and update. I'll meet you at the fountain momentarily. We can discuss what's bothering you once I arrive.

"Well my friend, looks like we have some business to attend to. Let's go shall we?" As the cub jumped with what seemed like a mix of boredom and excitement, Oikawa perched the leopard on his head and briskly walked out the door.

As Calrex gave another relaxing breath he heard his notifications chime sound as he pulled down his menu, "Huh, looks like Oikawa's free to do so. Awesome, that means I won't have to do this training retreat solo."

He put his hands in his jacket pockets as he awaited the blonde and his leopard companion to arrive. Going from the sun's location over the settlement it seemed like it was mid-morning currently.

"Well now the question is how long exactly we should go and do this training. We could technically practice all day, or even possibly go for longer if we were up for staying outside of the settlements for a while. I know players usually avoid going out at night due to PKers and stronger monsters, but since we're on the first floor it might not be as bad as everyone makes it."

After some time had passed Calrex heard approaching footsteps as he turned to see Oikawa approach him. He assumed his friendly personality as he gave a casual wave, "Hey man, long time no see! How's things with you?"

The rocky surface of the cobbled tiles, within the city, didn't do much to cushion or silence each step the blonde took as he strolled about the city. It seemed to be no later than 9ish as the boy and his leopard reached the west end of the city. The familiar sight of a certain bluenette, was welcoming as said player turned to offer his greetings. "Hey man! It's been a while hasn't it?" Oikawa stood just inside the inner arch of the gate as he carried on the conversation.

"I haven't been up to much really. A few orders at the shop here and there and some rather lackluster training. Otherwise, nothing. What about you?"

"Heh, well, a lot more than I was expecting for sure. A lot of things to think about, as well as a lot of things for me to be aware of and learn from."

Calrex gave a friendly smile as he motioned towards the gate, swiping on his menu as he equipped the Grand Gauntlets, the deep sea blue armguards appearing on his arms, easily fitting around his blue jacket.

"In any case we can always chat on the way. Let's go ahead and get moving so that we can get a jump start. I'm thinking of just some simple monster training for now."

As the two exited the gate Calrex would equip the Grand Chariot, the full-body armor encapsulating his whole body as the helmet completely covered his head, the white slits that indicted his eyes lit up.

"As for the thing in the message should the situation present itself I'll see if I can replicate it. Right now I can't say whether or not it would be potentially harmful for the people around me, but right now it seems to be useful in mob combat."

"The cold persona that seems to take over me. Once it manifested on its own while the second time I somehow called it forth by drawing the Grand Blade. Is it linked to the situation...or the weapon. And if so I wonder if Oikawa knows why it has that influence on me..."

"So nothing at all has been new or interesting? Nothing guild...or maybe relationship related? I'm surprised that you haven't hooked up with anyone in the time I haven't seen you."

Calrex made sure to make his last statement jokingly. He was partially surprised. Of course he remembered that X made the joke a while back about Calrex himself being Oikawa's partner, but X was always making jokes like that. Besides, he didn't swing that way anyway.

He glanced back at the Azure Brigade symbol by his name as he gave a small sigh to himself. He had joined the guild because of his choice to protect Teayre, and he still stood by the decision. But so far there seemed to be no activity from any of the members other than Ariel. Even Baldur, whom he had seen a while back, seemed to have disappeared all of a sudden.

"In this place there is always much to think about sadly..." Oikawa followed Cal outside the gate. They were going to do some light training to get the blood pumping. This should be simple giving what floor were on but still be cautious. Cockiness can get you killed. King purred softly as the strolled along the padded patches of grass that littered the field. Calrex expanded on the lingering thought in Oikawa's head. Nodding, Oikawa responded, "We'll just have to measure it during our training then huh?"

The blonde chuckled as they covered another stretch of grassy fields. They had no definitive destination but surely anyplace had to be better than the weak boar field. The conversation picked up again when Calrex inquired about the nothing going in Oikawa's life at the moment. "Well aside from some recent promotions and some not so obvious tension, the guild is doing well! As for my ..uh ...relationship status..haha its rather just lacking someone I'm willing to put up with. Ariel shows flashes of interest but at the same time I don't think we're right for each other. Then there was Haine and as awesome as she was, she seems to have disappeared altogether. It's a pity really, she was one of the most beautiful and most powerful players I've ever met in here. Other than that I haven't had the fortune of meeting a Teayre of my own haha."

"Haha, well no rush then. Like many people have told me, if you look for it you won't find it. Let if find you...aaand now I sound like an old man."

"Maybe Oikawa is going for some type of player or harem situation? Nah, doesn't seem to fit his personality, heh. Now I'm just having fun with in and out of my head aren't I? That seems fairly new..."

"In any case nothing really new on the relationship front either, although Teayre and I are planning on saving up to get a house once it possibly get unlocked. As for interesting people stuff I actually met a powerful solo player by the name of Arekkusu on the tenth floor, who from what he told me had actually been away from any player contact for quite some time. He's probably one of the few players I've seen that wields a one handed straight sword like myself. Of course, well, I don't as much now because of the Grand Gauntlets, but nonetheless."

As the two began to get close to a group of boars Calrex nodded his head over towards them, his armor making a small clank as the helmet moved, "What do you say we each take one on? Shouldn't be too difficult right?"

Even though his face was unseen he smirked underneath his helmet, clenching his right arm as his <<Martial Arts>> ability activated, the light blue aura chain spiraling around his arm.

"Haha, definitely something my gramps would say." Oikawa grinned as the two neared a clearing with a few groups of boar scattered about. As Oikawa listened to the recent events in Cal's life, one particular fact stuck out. "You mention Arekkusu? If I recall correctly, I've met that player before. He also has a track record for arguing with Kiru back in the day. Man I haven't seen him around in some time. We weren't buddies or anything but I tended to keep tabs on the strong players I knew by name."

Taking a pausing breath Oikawa wondered if the player was still solo and how the game was playing out for him. "Is he still going solo? Last I checked he was guildless however he was still one of the strong ones." Suddenly a grunt and the sound of hooves turned Oikawa's attention to the boars before them. Calrex had suggested they take on one each. Smirking, Oikawa unsheathed his blade and twirled it around before eyeing the boar closest to them.

"I'll take on Tusker here. You get Pumba haha!" Oikawa quickly flicked his wrist and sunk his rapier into the flesh of the pig. The creature quickly dispersed into several pixels. It was a weak creature compared to Oikawa seeing as didn't drop any loot. "Hey Cal. Lets turn this into a game. I see 9 boars in this field. I've already killed one. So that leaves 8. Let's see who gets the most kills between us."

STATS:

HP: 53/ DMG: 9/ MIT: 3/ ACC: 3/ EVA: 3/ Battle Healing: +1 on CD 10+/ King: Healer

[14892] BD: 7 [7+3] LD: 7 MD: 1 [4-3]

Oikawa: 53/53

Calrex: 51/51

Boar 1: 0/6 DEAD

Boar 2: 6/6

Head Count:

Oikawa: 1

Calrex: 0

ID: 14893

Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +1) = 7

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

HP: 51/ DMG: 6/ MIT: 3/ ACC: 1/ EVA: 1/ Thorns: 1

When Oikawa responded saying that he was acquainted with Arekkusu Calrex gave a nod, "Yeah, it looked like he was still a solo player, at least from what I saw of his stats. He did have a guild symbol. As for this Kiru person...I don't think I've met her just yet. I've only heard what people have mentioned about her, Keith, and the Azure Brigade. So of course there's always a great mix of rumors and such."

"I know that Oikawa mentioned that Keith was kind of his mentor, so I guess Kiru must be fairly strong as well."

"I can say that I am partially envious of Arekkusu's strength. I wish I was strong enough to protect others on my own like that. But..."

He gave a nod, "...isn't that part of why we're here right?"

As Oikawa rushed in and easily defeated his boar Calrex gave a nod at the little game he proposed, "Alright then, let's do this!"

He targeted his opponent, Pumba, "Wait, I swear Takneil called these things that exact same name..."

Since the aura chains were already spiraling like crazy around his right arm Calrex rushed forward at the second boar as he gave a calming breath. As he got into striking distance he brought his arm back and punched straight forward, the chains shooting off like a shotgun. The attack quickly slammed into the boar before it dissipated instantly into crystals, "Alright one down."

HP List

Enemies:

Boar 1: Dead

Boar 2: 0/6

Head Count:

Oikawa: 1

Calrex: 1 

"Ah glad to hear he is still bale to kick butt on his own haha. As for Kiru, I'm surprised you haven't met her giving your guild affiliation but then again that could be a blessing in disguise." Chuckling the blonde glanced around to the next set of Boars. This group had four however. More prey. More kills. "I too wish I had the strength to solo like Arekk but alas we're not . But that indeed what training is for. Speaking of...I've spotted my next target."

Oikawa swiftly glided across the grassy plains. Rapier outstretched, he aimed his first strike at Boar 3. His aim must've been spot on, because the second the rapier touched the center of the Mob's forehead, the creature exploded into endless fragmented pixels. "I'm up one Cal!"

[14894] BD: 10 [10+3] MD: 1 [1-3]

Boar 3: 0/6 DEAD

Boar 4: 6/6

Boar 5: 6/6

Boar 6: 6/6

Head Count:

Oikawa: 2

Calrex: 1

ID: 14895

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +1) = 8

Mob Dice: 1 = 0

Calrex couldn't help but smirk as Oikawa rushed in and made another kill. As if spooked by the sudden assault another boar began to charge at Calrex. It kicked its hoof a couple of times before rushing into a full on charge. Unfortunately, a few steps after it got up to full momentum it apparently tripped, rolling along the ground until it stopped right in front of Calrex, legs facing up.

"Well...it certainly made it easy..."

He quickly clenched his fist as he punched downwards, dropping his body into a crouch at the same time to add more force behind the strike. The boar instantly burst into a series of crystals as Calrex stood back up, "Hey looks like we're equal again, heh."

HP List

Enemies:

Boar 3: Dead

Boar 4: 0/6

Boar 5: 6/6

Head Count:

Oikawa: 2

Calrex: 2

Cal quickly followed up Oikawa's strike with a death blow of his own to a separate Mob. "Well you're certainly not making it easy to pull ahead now are ya?" Locating the fifth Boar Oikawa made to strides before closing the distance between himself and the boar. "It's a shame they aren't stronger. I'd imagine a Boar King would put up at least a half decent fight." The words hadn't even rolled off his tongue before he sent his rapier smashing into the beast. 

Yet again another boar had met it's end. "And another one bites the dust! Come on Cal let's see what you're made of!"

[14896] BD: 6 [3+3] MD: 5 [8-3]

Boar 3: 0/6 DEAD

Boar 4: 0/6 DEAD

Boar 5: 0/6 DEAD

Head Count:

Oikawa: 3

Calrex: 2

ID: 14897

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1) = 6

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

As Oikawa swiftly had slain yet another boar Calrex gave a nod as he clenched his fists, his eyes focusing on the last boar of the group, "Alright, you're next." He gave a calming breath as he quickly lowered his stance, activating his Sprint ability as he quickly rushed in, closing the distance between him and the monster. He kept his body low as he got into striking range, but instead of using his fists, Calrex leapt forward, tucking into a front flip. As his legs came around the aura chains began to spiral around his right leg.

As he completed his flip his right leg had extended, striking the boar with an axe kick. Instead of the chains shooting out like they usually did with his straight punches, they continued to spiral even faster, acting almost like miniature buzzsaws before the boar dissipated into crystals. Calrex slid a few feet before standing back up, "Alright another down!"

HP List

Enemies:

Boar 3: Dead

Boar 4: Dead

Boar 5: Dead

Boar 6: 0/6

Head Count:

Calrex: 3

"Tie game eh? Well I guess it'll come down to whoever misses first then. Since I got the first kill though, I'll end up winning this small wager!" The last cluster of boars laid a few lengths away from the duo. One might think they were crazy for wasting time on useless boars like this. But to them it was an easy warm up for some much harder training to come. Oikawa sprinted into the small valley that laid just north of their location. There awaited the remaining three boars he had spotted earlier.

"Welp can't leave the prey waiting for death for too long haha." As he neared the group, he quickly somersaulted over the first boar in sight and sent his blade at Boar number seven. However, he didn't hear the sound of depixelization and looked up to realize he had completely missed his mark. "I guess that's what being cocky gets ya. Umph..." Oikawa was knocked to the ground as a red hole mark was left imprinted into his side.

"Dang it I let my guard down and allowed myself to be hit by the silly beast. Well here's your chance Cal. Don't miss!"

[14898] BD: 1 [1] CD: 3 MD: 9 [9]

Oikawa: 52/53 (-1) [2-3]

Boar 7: 6/6 (miss)

Boar 8: 6/6

Boar 9: 6/6

Head Count:

Calrex: 3

ID: 14899

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1) = 6

As Calrex saw Oikawa's strike miss his eye widened for a second as he saw his comrade take a hit. Immediately he rushed in, using his Sprint ability to close the distance, targeting the same boar that had just struck Oikawa. His fist quickly went back as he slid across the ground, ending it right as he got into striking range. As he slid Calrex spun his body around, throwing a spinning backfist at the boar.

The attack struck true as the boar was sent flying back before dissipating into crystals. With that he extended a hand to Oikawa, "Well you said not to miss right?"

He spoke in a joking tone, although the voice echoed from underneath his helmet as it resounded through the armor, "Alright, two more left. Shall we?"

HP List

Oikawa: 52/53

Enemies:

Boar 7: 0/6

Boar 8: 6/6

Head Count:

Calrex: 4

His blue armored comrade came flying into the battlefield. The Ultramarine Knight quickly dispatched the boar that struck Oikawa and offered the blonde a hand. Oikawa grasped the hand and allowed himself to be pulled up. Once on his feet, he looked at the closest boar, clutched his rapier and thrusted it like a his very life depended on it. "Haha you're right I did tell you not to miss. That last boar some how threw me off. This one won't be so lucky."

The blade slid cleanly in between the eyes of the Boar as it shattered into more data bits. "Well it seems were are tied once more. It'd be a shame if you missed mate." Oikawa said jokingly but also half hoping he would.

[14901] BD: 9 [9+3] CD: 2 MD: 5 [8-3]

Boar 7: 0/6 DEAD

Boar 8: 0/6 DEAD

Head Count:

Oikawa: 4

ID: 14902

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1) = 4

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7

"Yeah, it definitely would be."

As Oikawa dispatched yet another boar Calrex rushed in, targeting the last one, "Alright, take this guy out and we'll be do...gh!"

Unfortunately as Calrex rushed in there was a rock that he tripped on as he rolled across the ground. He rolled a couple of times before planting his hands, using them to spring to his feet. However, he had recovered close enough that the boar he had targeted managed to graze him with a tusk as he flipped over it, landing behind it, "Darn, so much for getting the hit."

HP List

Calrex: 50/51

Enemies:

Boar 7: Dead

Boar 8: Dead

Head Count:

Oikawa: 4

"Oh man Cal I practically handed you the win. Welp! I think we've toyed with this boar long enough." In one swift motion Oikawa had closed the gab between himself and the boar. Rotating his shoulder and planting his right foot, he sent his rapier down the length of the creature. He was sure his hit should've been an insta-kill but the boar held on until it could impale the blonde one time before dissipating.

"Well that was quite the warm-up, no? Also seems I've won our little wager haha!"

[14910] BD: 7 [4+3] CD: 1 MD: 7 [10-3]

Oikawa: 51/53 (-1) [3-3]

Calrex: 50/51

Boar 7: 0/6 DEAD

Boar 8: 0/6 DEAD

Boar 9: 0/6 DEAD

Head Count:

Oikawa: 5

"Haha yeah it definitely does."

As Oikawa ended his attack upon the boar's defeat Calrex relaxed his arms, resting his hands on the diamond-shaped accessories on his waist. His small slip had given his teammate the victory. 

"Were we betting anything? Because if not let's just say I'll owe you another serving of crack from the Starlight Cafe."

He gave a smirk underneath his helmet as he looked around. Their quick competition hadn't killed much time as the sun seemed to still be making its way up towards the top of the sky. At most it may have been fifteen minutes.

"I guess I've never really tested how my abilities on monsters that used to give me difficulty. The ones that always attacked me were slightly stronger than the ones I fought before, so there was always some bit of a challenge. Maybe that's part of the system that the creators of this game implemented. It would be nice, but since we're actually trying to survive a constant challenge would be something to be aware of."

"Unfortunately no. There were no bets placed, however I will take you up on the cheesecake offer haha!" Oikawa returned his blade to it's sheath and ran his hand through his blonde cascading locks. "That warm up didn't take very long huh? Fifteen, twenty minutes at best? The player looked around to see if anymore boars had decided to spawn near them. After a little observation, he concluded that there was literally nothing to fight around them.

"I say we move to a different area or floor. Maybe the dungeon beneath the Starting City could be fun?"