[PP:F4] Ice Skating or Ice Sparring? (Calrex & Teayre{Yes it's another one of those threads}) - Complete

This is a follow on from [PP:F4] Much To Discuss

As Teayre headed out of Snowfrost Town she glanced back to see if Calrex was following, an object suddenly swooped past her head. Ducking she looks up and giggles as the object spread its wings and gently flapped them landing on his master’s shoulder. Gently ruffling his feathers Teayre lets out a small sigh.

“Hey there Beleram, I wasn’t too quick for you was I?â€

Poking her tongue out at the beautiful crested eagle, who was busy preening the feathers that had just been ruffled. She waved to Calrex before dashing off again, glancing up she saw a sign for Frostbite Lake.

“I wonder what that lake is like… I’m sure it’ll be beautiful I wonder if he’d like to go there… It’d probably be a wonderful place to have a date…â€

Blushing at the thought of her and Calrex going on a date she slapped herself, causing Beleram to chitter irritably.

“Come on Teayre, get it together girl. How long have you two been together now, quite a while right? Then why does it bother you so much if you’re going on a date with him come on girl…â€

As she finished speaking to herself she looked up and saw Calrex standing by her side her mouth dropping, her face started looking as if you could fry an egg on it and her hands opened dropping her katana on the ground.

“Cal… I… Uh I… I didn’t expect you to catch up to me so quickly…â€

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hm? What do you mean?"

Calrex looked down as he saw Teayre's face flush as he gave a friendly smile, his cheeks tinging red in response as he spoke in a light-hearted tone, "I mean, you do remember I have the Sprint and Acrobatics ability right, heh."

He went over and picked up the new katana that he had given Teayre, handing it back to her, "In any case it looks like there's a frozen lake nearby."

"It might be a nice place to take a look at. I haven't been skating in forever...that is if there are actual ice skates in this game anyway. I wouldn't know how to get around if we were wearing just plain shoes."

He kept his hands in his jacket pockets as he looked over again at his girlfriend, giving a smile, "So now that we're done with all of the formal stuff what was the first thing you wanted to do? I know you were originally asking me to duel you, but we could always go check out some places beforehand."

"I'm sure there might be some interesting cafes and shops here on the fourth floor oriented specifically for dealing with the cold weather."

He looked back at Teayre, thinking of her covered up in a winter coat. He remembered that there was one from a show he had seen a while back that had a winter coat which would look really cute on her, in his opinion of course.

"It was white in the show, but Teayre likes the color red, so that would work. Plus it had...what was it called...a mantelet? It looked to be made of fur and was fastened with two buckles in the front..."

As he realized he was pondering the thought for a little too long Calrex's face flushed as he shook his head.

As Calrex finished speaking he looked down at her and after a little while began to blush, Teayre made eye contact with him and then gently elbowed him in the ribs as he seemed to space out.

"What're you thinking about, I hope it's nothing crass about me..."

Sticking her tongue out at him she hugs him tightly before shivering and rubbing her nose into his chest, Beleram taking advantage of the situation to sit on Calrex's head and begin to preen the blue haired boy.

"Damnit... I think some shops might be a good idea Cal, it's colder than I thought it would be... Would you help me pick out a coat at all?"

Making eye contact with Calrex she bats her eyelids at him a few times, before stealing a kiss. Taking her boyfriends hand she leads him back into the settlement where they begin to hunt down a clothes shop.
((OC: OH NOES NOT AGAIN))

OOC: Good Lord Why?! XD

IC:

"What?! No, nothing like that at all!"

Calrex lifted his hands up and waved them back and forth to reinforce his statement. Realized that Teayre had seen him his face's blush deepened as he put a hand behind his head. As Teayre began to hold him for warmth he put his hands around her to try and help share his warmth with her, not realizing that Beleram had taken the opportunity to land on his head.

"Gah, hey, gh!"

He looked up in surprise as Teayre's familiar began to preen at his head. It definitely wasn't the most pleasant experience that once could experience, since birds tend to pluck as much as they move around. That fact proved to be true in this situation as well. The pain was disrupted for a second as Teayre kissed him as he looked back down, his blush deepening even further.

"W-Wait...is she reading my thoughts now or something? I swear I didn't say it out loud...well I guess with the clothe's she's currently wearing it would make sense. It's getting fairly cold out here."

"S-Sure, let's go ahead and do that."

He gave a smile as his blush remained stuck to his face, the thought of Teayre in a winter coat staying in his mind. With that he began to lead Teayre back into town towards where he thought was the merchant district.

"She would look really cute in it for sure. Oh no...wait...we're going clothing shopping again?"

Teayre turns to see Calrex's eyes open a bit wider than normal, placing a hand on his cheek she gently strokes his jaw line with her thumb.

"Cal, don't worry I won't fly off the handle this time okay? Or at the very least I'll do my best not to..."

Hugging her beloved tightly she meets his eyes giving him a wide smile, leaning in close her arms latticing themselves up his back.

"Say... Do you think there are hairdressers in Aincrad? I was thinking of getting mine possibly dyed, What do you think?"

Another moment later and she was shivering again, huddling closer to her boyfriends body her teeth begin to chatter.

As Calrex felt Teayre beginning to shiver his eyes widened as he quickly opened his jacket, gently moving Teayre inside it before taking the side and stretching it enough so that Teayre would be partially covered by it, "Here, hope that's a little better."

"Hairdressers huh? I wouldn't be sure. I haven't heard of any professions that would specialize in it."

"I'm not really sure if of anything that actually does it. I'm curious though, what did you have in mind for the color?"

By this time the lights of the small houses came back into view as Calrex looked around, "It looks like the merchant district is in this direction."

Withat he slowly began to walk with Teayre in that direction.

As Calrex wrapped his jacket around her, the shivering slowly stopped. Rubbing her face gently against Calrex's chest, Teayre had a smile slowly creeping across her face as she enjoyed the heat radiating from her boyfriend. Beleram ruffled his feathers before shifting down onto Teayre's shoulder, gently kneading the spot with his talons before settling. "Easy now boy. Hmmmm that's much better Callie thank you."

"I'm curious though, what did you have in mind for the color?"

"I don't really know, I was wondering what colour you thought might suit me... I mean I've got a red theme going on but I was wondering what you think I'd look good with..."

Untangling herself from Calrex as she finished speaking, she heads towards the nearest shop which luckily they had stopped just outside of it. Entering the room Teayre let out a huge sigh of relief as her face flushed red. Looking around there were racks of normal clothes everywhere, hunting around she eventually found a selection of winter coats rifling through them she picks a couple out and looks at them before returning them, one particular coat made her sneer and throw it behind her without a second thought.

"Any ideas Cal? I'm not sure on these ones, there's probably a whole other area in which I haven't looked yet."

As Teayre asked him what color he thought would look good on her he gave a smile, "Silly I'm not exactly the most unbiased person on that stuff. Of course I think any color would look good on you."

"Well...maybe except for lime green, that could be tricky. Not a lot of people can pull that off easily, and from what I remember a lot of things go into making the look work."

"Red would suit you nicely."

He gave a smile as he gave Teayre a quick kiss on the forehead as they entered the shop, seeing all of the clothing available. As Teayre began to rifle through the selections he put his hands in his jacket pockets once again, "Hm...not at the moment. Here I'll go check and see if there's any in that section over there."

With that he moved behind Teayre, giving her a quick rub on the top of the head before moving to that section. Compared to the two-piece sets that Teayre was looking in this section appeared to be made of long, one-piece coats.

"It certainly would keep her warmer. Hm..."

As he continued looking around his eyes widened for a second, his face flushing.

"N-No...no way...I swear I just thought that up in my head! I even based it off of a fictional character I saw. There's no wa..."

He took a quick step back to make sure he wasn't seeing things before stepping in again. Nestled between two other coats was a coat that bore a striking resemblance to the one he had described in his head. He pulled it off the rack and took a look at it, his face still deep red.

Teayre’s face lit up glowing like a young child’s on Christmas morning as Calrex told her that red would suit her. Muttering to herself as she continued looking through the racks of clothes discarding almost everything she picked up to have a look at.

“Red would suit me, red would suit me… I guess it would… It’d match my katana as well… I think I might need to look at getting my hair changed to red permanently then if I can…â€

Looking over her silly grin still plastered on her face she notices her boyfriend’s eyes widen as he looks at the racks a few rows down, the sudden flush on his face causes Teayre to rush round to him. Slipping her arms around his and resting her head against it she sees the coat that Calrex managed a small squeal of excitement escaped her as she began to speak.

“What have you found Cal?  Is that what I think it is? It’s really really lovely… I’ll take it… Let’s get it… Wait should I try it on first? What do you think Callie? Should I try it on, is that one my size?â€

Panting for breath after her sudden bombardment of questions, Teayre’s eyes are completely fixed upon the dress, before she averts them to the rack and starts flicking through to try and find one in her size.  After a couple of seconds she turns around pouting, her eyes losing their glimmer.

“I can’t find one in my size Cal…â€

As Teayre moved behind him, noticing the dress his face deepened to the point that one could probably cook an egg on it. As she began to quickly rifle through the racks, giving a pouting face when she could find her size Calrex put a fist up to his mouth as he gave a small laugh, "Silly, I think that the game is designed so that the clothing will actually shift to fit your character's body form. All you need to do is equip it."

He looked left and right, seeing that there was a changing area towards the back of the shop, "If you want to try it on I think you can do it there."

With that he walked over to Teayre and gave her a quick rub on the head.

Pouting more as Calrex mentioned about the games design system, she frowns before batting his hand away as he rubs her on the head. Snatching the coat off of him she heads off to the back of the shop, disappearing behind the curtain she throws it on, pressing the view button that came up. Seeing herself in the mirror she gave it a spin, clapping her hands in joy she brushed the coat down before stepping out to show Calrex.

â€œThanks… For you know…â€

Poking her tongue out at him she spins round the coat flowing out around her, the red fur complimenting her complexion as her hair draped down the back of the coat. The mantle like top of the coat sat on her torso stopping above her midrift.

“So… What do you think Cal?â€

Calrex put a hand behind his head as Teayre snatched the coat from him and rushed over to the changing room, "Hm? That seemed fairly abrupt for some reason. Was it something I sa..."

As she stepped out dressed in the outfit Calrex's face flushed ten shades of red, his eyes giving a look of disbelief.

"W-W-W-W-Wait a second...It looks even better on her than I had originally thought in my head."

"Gh...P...P...Perfect..."

Calrex walked over to Teayre and wrapped her in a hug as his heart continued racing, "How in the world does it look so great on you? I-I swear if you were any cuter it would be a crime, or something..."

He tilted his head down as he gave a calming breath, releasing the hug as he looked at her once again, his cheeks flushing as he looked towards the ground, "I-It really suits you. H-How does it feel for you?"

As Calrex wrapped her in a warm hug, she reciprocated tightly squeezing him. As he released she let him go briefly before pulling him back in.

“You’re staying right here mister, it feels fine quite comfy… I definitely want it, I suppose I should pay and get it and then we can head to the frozen lake can’t we?â€

Rubbing her nose into his chest she then looks up at his face, seeing that Calrex has begun to blush Teayre starts to follow suit laughing at the same time.

“W-What’s on your mind? A-are you thinking… Thinking of me in a r-rude way again C-Callie?†

Letting go of Calrex, she skipped over to the pay point and handed over the needed col before slipping out the door. 

"Now then... Which way do we need to go, it'd be best to head to the entrance I think. Come on Cal!"

"R-Rude way? No not at all. You are just too cute in that outfit is all..."

As Teayre exited out of the store Calrex followed suit, giving a bow as he exited in thanks, making his way behind Teayre, "Alright, off to the lake then!"

He gave a smile as he looked over at Teayre once again, the smile sticking to his face as he gave a small exhale, "Seeing Teayre all bundled up like that, ah...it's almost too much for me to handle...

Hey wait a minute, when did my mind start having all of these spontaneous thoughts? Well, this is certainly new..."

He gave a quick shake to his head as he tried to regain his usual thought process, giving a small exhale. His heart was still beating his crazy, and his breaths seemed thicker than before, as if his internal body temperature was significantly warmer than the cold weather around them.

Hearing Calrex's breathing get slightly heavier, Teayre turns around placing a hand on his cheek and while gently stroking it she makes eye contact with him. Leaning in she puckers her lips and moves closer to Calrex their bodies touching, her other arm wrapping around his back holding them close. Her cheeks tingeing red as she pauses, hearing her own heartbeat in her ears she closes her eyes before sealing their lips together for a moment then resting her head underneath Calrex's.

"Callie, what's wrong? Are you Getting tired, would you like to take a break? Are you... Are you warm enough? Upset with me for thinking that you were thinking rude thoughts about me? I'm sorry... I guess in a way I kind of hope you are..."

Her voice trails off as she turns around and sprints a short distance ahead, her hair flicking in the wind as the snow began to trickle around them.

Beleram let out a cry as he soared higher and higher until he was a speck in the sky. Spotting the lake he swooped in low before a few beats of his wings brought him back to Teayre. Nattering away to her, he began hurting his calls and he hid behind her head trying to bury down the back of her new coat. Calling back to Calrex, Teaye begins to frown as she placed her hand on her katana readying to draw it.

"Cal, I think Beleram saw something up ahead, we'd best be careful just in case... He's not acted this way before..."

"Callie, what's wrong? Are you Getting tired, would you like to take a break? Are you... Are you warm enough? Upset with me for thinking that you were thinking rude thoughts about me? I'm sorry... I guess in a way I kind of hope you are..."

"Gh! D-Don't worry about me, I'm not tired and for sure warm enough for this weather. A-And...no I'm not but..."

"Should I really try this. Is it okay to do so?"

He gently walked up to Teayre from behind and slid his arms underneath hers, giving her a gentle embrace as he spoke in her ear, "You can be sure if I ever do I'll try to be as careful as possib...no no not gonna work..."

Calrex's face flushed as he gently released the embrace, putting a hand behind his head, "I was trying to say something smooth and I couldn't even form the complete sentence..."

As Teayre went on alert Calrex nodded as he quickly swiped through his menu, equipping all of his Grand Armament: The Grand Chariot armor, Grand Gauntlets, and Grand Blade all fell into their respective places.

"I'll go check ahead and take point. Go ahead and hang back for now. If there is something there we don't want to get ambushed."

With that he crouched as he began to move ahead, letting his eyes relax as his <<Reveal>> skill activated. The surrounding environment became see-through as he could easily make out any possible creatures and players that were taking cover around.

"If Beleram saw the creature that could mean it is possibly fairly large or trying to hide in the area. I should be able to see if before it sees us."

ID:14977

BD: 7 (6+1ACC)

As Calrex caught her from behind he felt his hands stray slightly, her face instantly turning red as he began to whisper in her ear.

"You can be sure if I ever do I'll try to be as careful as possib...â€

Suddenly Teayre was being supported by Calrex’s arms, “You’ll… You’ll be careful… Cal… Stop… We said we’d wait till we get our house… Callie…†As she muttered his name the last time it was barely a whisper trying to stand she struggles, somehow turning around she uses her arms to support herself on Calrex’s neck her face resting on his chest.

“You… You should know better by now Calnux… When you say things like that I can’t… I can’t control myself…â€

As Calrex started equipping his armaments Teayre snapped back to reality, Beleram had come back nervous about something. Rubbing his head she muttered to him, “It’ll be alright boy okay? We’ll sort it out.†As she finished speaking she looked to her side and saw a creature the size of a large bear break through the trees to their right.

“Cal! Dragon!â€

Jumping back she returns her Katana to her sheathe standing still, keeping her breathing steady. Focusing her eyes on the dragon she notices the stats.

Frost Dragon

HP: 40/40

Frost Breath: On MD of 10 it leaps into the air releasing its powerful frozen breath on the ground, dealing 3 damage to ALL players caught in the attack.

Frozen Scales: The Dragons scales are harder than most, allowing it to shrug off all but the strongest of strikes (+1 DMG MIT).

"Let's be careful I think this might be a random field boss Cal..."

“Can I remember how to do this I hope so… It’s my first encounter with a dragon so let’s see how this goes!â€

Teayre’s Stats

Katana – Rank 2

HP: 26

DMG: 5 (1Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon)

ACC: 1

EVA: 1

Equipped

Oikawa Kanashiki - +2 DMG + 1 Bleed

Accuracy Bracelet - +1 Acc

Graves of the Swift Rider - +1 EVA

Hate shall be used here.

Dashing forwards Teayre unsheathes her blade in a fluid motion, the tip striking the dragon’s underjaw as she then dives to her right avoiding a swipe from the creature the beast roaring tries to strike her again, blocking the blow she ducks shifting her blade down wards cutting the claw, before it sails over her head. Readying her katana out in front of her she slowly steps back.

“Cal Switch!â€

HP LIST

H:0 Calrex: 56/56

H:1 Teayre: 26/26

Frost Dragon: 36/40 - 4 DMG (1 + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon Enchant - 1 MIT)

Frost Dragon

ID:14977

MD: 7 ( 8 – 1 EVA)

Hearing the cries of a small creature the dragon shook its head, turning to look up at the sky it notices an eagle flying above it as it swooped down the giant beast stood up. Stepping slowly it stretched out its wings before folding them up again.  Letting out a roar it starts to head through the trees to where it thinks the eagle will land. Keeping itself low it sees two humans a brunette girl and a blue haired boy.

“It must by my lucky day… Not often does food wander into my hunting grounds so easily.â€

The lizards tongue snaked out licking its lips as it burst through the trees, it’s curving cyan horns breaking the trunks apart. It’s scales shone like sapphires in the sunlight. Another roar echoed throughout the valley as it looked down at its prey, the boy had gone on ahead and equipped some strange device.

“The girl… She’ll be my first meal… Well snack she’s too small for anything else I should enjoy it…â€

A deep rolling sound came from within the dragon as it met the brunette’s eyes with its own and saw her reading to attack. As she darted forward the dragon was too slow to react her blade come free from its sheathe and caught it underneath its chin. A small cry of pain as it swung at the girl who deftly blocked the blow before cutting the claw it used and ducking underneath the arm. Its eyes narrowing as it charged forward beginning a flurry of blows that caused the small petite girl to block them with all her might, eventually she began to tire and quickly the dragon snapped its head forward but the brunette was prepared jumping she managed to dodge the attack. However the beast had anticipated this and was swinging its claw towards her already, catching the girl just before she landed it send her flying over to the other side of the path away from the boy.

Just before the girl smacked into a tree an eagle flew out of the girls back, and cried and attended to her.

“So that was the pest that awoke me… Very well both it and its master can die.â€

HP LIST

H:0 Calrex: 56/56

H:1 Teayre: 25/26 – 1 DMG

Frost Dragon: 36/40 - 4 DMG (1 + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon Enchant - 1 MIT)

ID: 14978
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +1) = 7

Stats:

HP: 53

Damage: Grand Gauntlets: 6 / Grand Blade: 7
Accuracy: 1
Damage Mitigation: 2
Evasion: 1

As Teayre switched out Calrex gave a calming breath as the white slits indicating the location on his eyes on his helmet closed for a second. As they reopened he rushed in, his right hand clenched into a fist. As the dragon recovered from Teayre's initial assault it had already reacted and knocked Teayre to the side. Calrex gritted his teeth as he kept his eyes focused on the dragon, "Going from Teayre's health it was a fairly light hit. That's good to know. Hopefully this thing isn't as tough as it looks."

As the dragon turned to face him it attempted a quick turn as its tail came around and whipped at him. As it drew into striking range Calrex quickly dropped his body low, sliding underneath as he quickly got back up and continued closing in.

As the dragon turned back around he leapt up. The light blue aura chains formed around his right arm and spun into a frenzy as he punched at the dragon's neck. The impact was harder than it was normally when he was fighting non-construct opponents due to the hardened scales. Recognizing that his attack did less damage than usual he quickly kicked off, landing on the ground as he put some distance between him and the dragon.

"Alright, if this is going to be the case we'll need to try and strike at its critical points. The eyes are a good idea, as well as any potential soft spots in its armor."

"Alright Teayre Switch!"

HP List
Teayre: 25/26 (Hate: 1)
Calrex: 53/53 (Hate:1)

Enemies:
Frost Dragon: 31/40 (+1 Mitigation)

ID: 14980

BD: 11 (10 + 1 ACC)

As she finished her attack the dragon began to assault her frenziedly unable to block all attacks she tried jumping at the last moment, but mistimed it as a claw caught her sending her into a tree. Luckily she saw Beleram escape calling out to him. “Bel, get somewhere safe let Cal and I finish this thing off and then we’ll meet you by the lake okay?†The eagle looked at her shaking his head as the dragon let out a mighty roar, suddenly it seemed Beleram had changed his mind, spreading his wings fully he beat them fast as he took flight and soared out of there. Tilting her head to the side she begins to walk slowly towards the dragon, her blade tracing a line in the snow behind her as she shifted her grip and began blocking the attacks the dragon sent at her.

“Now, where was I… Ah yes, You fiend you nearly killed Beleram… You know what I can’t stand that… You nearly killed the second most important part of my life… If you so much as think about hurting the most important one… Well I guess by attacking us you have. So you know what…†She was now stood eye to eye with the dragon their noses almost touching. “It’s time for you to die, no one hurts my Beleram or my Calrex and gets away with it.â€

As she finished speaks the oversized lizard tried to bite her, ducking underneath its head she scores along its underbelly, hoping to see crystals flying out. Appearing to one side of it she quickly begins a flurry of strikes which the dragon easily defends from.

“Tch! I guess you just don’t want to die.â€

Her eyes flicking around she spots a small green gem in between its horns.

“Cal, Between its horns, aim there!â€

As she called to her partner a blow came in blocking it she ended up in a power struggle, feeling the blade about to snap she pivoted on her rear foot and dodging the strike from the dragon as she clambered up its forearm. Running along it she jumps her katana whistling downwards as it strikes the gem between the horns. Hearing a howl of pain she takes a couple of steps back her blade at the ready.

“Switch!â€

HP List
Teayre: 25/26 (Hate: 3)
Calrex: 53/53 (Hate:1)

Enemies:

Frost Dragon: 25/40  6 DMG (1 + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon + 2 Crit – 1 Mit) --> Bleed (2 Turns Left)