[PP:F4] Ice Skating or Ice Sparring? (Calrex & Teayre{Yes it's another one of those threads}) - Complete

Frost Dragon

ID: 14980

MD:1

The beast roared as it saw chains the same colour as its own scales form around the boys arm. Lashing its tail out towards the boy who then easily dodged it before striking the dragon’s flank, as the beast turned he had already backed off a range of distance between the pair of them.

“My brethren must have been slaughtered in order for him to obtain that… He… He…â€

Another roar of pain and the dragon turned bearing its fangs at the boy, suddenly it heard the girl.

“Why does my prey speak to me, why does it try and come close… I’ll KILL HER I’LL END THIS SOON!â€

Letting out a loud howl it begins to unleash a barrage of attacks towards the small girl, a claw here, fangs there, another claw nothing was getting through she was parrying each attack with ease. She seemed different somehow suddenly she was there nose to nose staring it in the eyes.

Its fangs bared a low guttural growl escaping it, snapping forwards its teeth clenched on thin air. Tossing its head around its eyes wide it finds her stood next to its flank by its forearm, striking out it doesn’t hesitate. Pressing even greater force into the blow the girl still managed to catch the strike, a small chink of metal could be heard suddenly the dragon had fallen over.

“What where did she disappear to? Where is she?â€

Feeling footsteps along its front leg it roars looking up it sees a silhouette come flying down, trying to turn its head it sinks it into the ground as the katana collides with it. Shaking it slowly pushes itself back to its feet. Howling with pain, it stretches its wings to take flight doing so as it gets high enough it opens its jaws wide. A pale bluish white appears as a small ball inside its mouth and suddenly it fires forward, missing the girl hitting the woods behind her.

Roaring in frustration it tucks its wings in diving straight for Teayre.

HP List
Teayre: 25/26 (Hate: 3)
Calrex: 53/53 (Hate:1)

Enemies:

Frost Dragon: 24/40 --> Bleed (1 Turn Left) 1DMG (2 Base - 1 MIT)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 14981

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1) = 2

As Teayre managed to land a critical strike on the dragon Calrex gave a small breath of relief as he focused on the weak point Teayre had directed him to. He rushed forward, the aura chains spinning rapidly around both arms. He leapt up and prepared to strike the dragon from behind, but as he drew into striking range he saw the beast's wings rise up.

The wing created a gust straight at Calrex, strong enough that he blew his approach off course. As his momentum was redirected his feet slid out from under him as he fell on his back. As his arms hit the ground the aura chains vanished in a series of small lights. "Ah...geez..."

He quickly got back to his feet, looking to see the dragon begin to approach Teayre once again, "Aw man. Teayre watch out! It seems to be targeting you specifically!"

"The way this dragon's behaving reminds me of how the Sand Shark was when we were combatting it. It seemed the person doing the most damage was also drawing the most attention from it. Of course, back then it was me getting all the attacks."

HP List

Teayre: 25/26

Calrex: 53/53

Enemies:

Frost Dragon: 25/40

ID:15020

BD: 9 (8 + 1 ACC)

Teayre sighed, she shifted her blade to her side just as the ball of blue fire shot over her head and landed behind her illuminating the forest. Locking eyes with the dragon yet again she carefully watches it as it falls into its dive.

“I guess I have no choice but to do this after all... If it’s focusing me I can’t take any risks I need to prepare myself for the worst… I need to prepare myself in case the worst happens… In case it hurts Calrex or I dieâ€

Letting out a breath the creature was almost at her sliding to the side she brings her katana up cutting the flank as she pushes off the remains of a tree behind her. The dragon landing as she had to block a swipe from its tail with her blade.

“Damnit somethings changed, the dragon’s baiting me now.â€

As she landed she rolled a few bits before her hand came to the ground, wasting no time she went into a full sprint towards the dragon dodging one of its claws the other one almost caught Teayre off guard luckily her reflexes blocked the blow for her. Turning into a whirling fit of steel she began to spin and slash slowly stepping in closer to the dragon, each blow connecting. Her breathing laboured and heavy she jumps back skidding to a halt next to Calrex.

“Calrex, switch. Take care it’s changed.â€

HP List

Teayre: 25/26 H:4

Calrex: 53/53 H:1

Enemies:

Frost Dragon: 21/40 4 DMG ( 1 Base + 2 Weapon + 2 Skill – 1 Mit) --> Bleed (2 Turns)

Frost Dragon

ID: 15020

MD: 10 (Awwwww Man)

As the armoured meal came jumping up towards it the dragon beat its wings once, sending a strong gust veering the tin can off course. Letting out a rolling roar it locked eyes with the small girl yet again. As it came close the girl dodged, sailing past her it tried to whip its tail round to catch her yet she was too quick and blocked it.

“Infernal pits of hell… It seems these prey are good… She did manage to cause me a fair bit of damage last time though… Very well… I’ll try againâ€

It’s thoughts interrupted as the girl in red began to assault the beast, cocking its head it tries to fly out of reach but takes too long doing so, the deadly spinning top had already caused a fair few of its scales to dislodge and red crystals to form slowly seeping out from the gaps. As she backed off the beast spread its wings wide and beat them slowly forming great gusts that drove both of its snacks to their knees.

Leaning its head back it began to conjure another ball of blueish white flame, slowly watching where they were it spat the fire directly at them. This time it hit causing the ground to freeze over briefly before thawing.

“That got them… they shouldn’t be able to move much more… Let’s go for the kill, let’s eat. I’m every so hungry.â€

Tucking its wings in the dragon entered a nose dive straight for the couple, who were still recovering from the blow.

HP List

H:4 Teayre: 22/26 3 DMG (3 Raw)

H:1 Calrex: 52/53 1 DMG (3 Raw – 2 Mit)

Enemies:

Frost Dragon: 20/40 – Bleed (1 Turn Left) 1 DMG (2 – 1 MIT)

ID: 15021

Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +1) = 11 (Damage +2)

As Calrex braced for the freezing flame attack his eyes widened for a second as he saw the attack cover the ground in a sweep, not only targeting him, but Teayre as well. After enduring the attack, his breathing changed for a second, a couple of breaths giving an icy chill as his eyes locked onto the incoming dragon.

As the dragon entered its nose dive Calrex immediately shifted into the path of the dragon's flight. Both of his arms became covered in the light blue aura chains and began spiraling like his gauntlets were covered in buzzsaw blades. As the dragon flew into striking range Calrex brought his right arm back, shooting his first forward and hitting the dragon hard enough to cancel the momentum it had from the divebomb. Immediately after it lost all momentum Calrex unleashed a flurry of punches, each punch sending out a blast of aura chains.

On the last strike he swung hard enough that his body did a full 360 rotation, knocking the dragon far back from the overwhelming force. Immediately after Calrex gave a calming breath that returned back to normal, "Alright Teayre, switch! Let's take this thing out!"

"That sensation just now...did my cold persona just take over for a second?"

HP List

Teayre: 22/26 (Hate: 4)

Calrex: 52/53 (Hate: 3)

Enemies:

Frost Dragon: 13/40 (+1 Mitigation)

ID: 15023

BD: 9 (8 + 1 ACC)

As she jumped back she watched the dragon take flight, its head leaned back. Teayre’s mouth dropped her eyes going wide as she screamed at Calrex.

“CALREX BRACE YOURSELF!â€

Swinging her blade up she beat off the worst of the attack, however she still managed to get singed from the sheer coldness of the dragon’s breath. Breathing heavily she plants her blade into the ground supporting herself on it.

“Cal… Are you alright?â€

Looking to her left she saw that her boy had disappeared, turning her head back to the sky she noticed that a shiny blue object was flying down towards her a bit lower than that was the deep blue of Calrex’s armour.

“Well… That answers that question what is he doing though… It’s been a while we’ve both grown… I’d better support him.â€

Watching carefully she observed Calrex begin creating a turmoil of attacks for the dragon to deal with. He seemed different somehow much more calm, much more eloquent.

“W-what is this? This isn’t the same boy… I wonder… When did he?â€

Shaking her head she hefts her katana and slowly walks forward, keeping her eyes on the action above her. Squinting she makes out the health bars the dragon’s was nearly depleted and Calrex’s was almost full.

“Wait almost full? When did… That breath attack it hurt Calrex… This Dragon hurt Calrex? Dragon… Hurt… DRAGON HURT!!!â€

Her mind going blank, her blade shifted to the side her guard leaving her completely open for any attacks as her feet struck the floor one after the other not being able to hear anything she saw the dragon get sent flying as she got underneath them. Altering her course she dashes off into the clearing the beast had made with its first breath attack.

“DRAGON DIE!â€

Jumping over the charred remains of trees and seeing various red crystals flick up from around her. Her face was completely red, this time not from her thoughts of Calrex. Keeping her breaths shallow and short Teayre found herself next to the dragon who was slowly standing back up, some red crystals were still forming from his scales.

“Good, it seems like you are hurt… Let me ask you… Let me ask you, you filthy overgrown snake. I told you there was only one thing worse than hurting Beleram didn’t I? Then you have to go and do it… You hurt Calrex… So let me ask you have you any last words? If you do then tough I’m not listening instead this blade.†Teayre begins laugh uncontrollably still approaching the dragon as her laughing fit continues. “Will... Hehehehehe… Pierce youâ€

Her head tilting to one side as she unclasps her coat from around her leaving her standing in the red outfit that Calrex had picked out for her. As a sudden gust of wind flicked through the it swept the coat away and it caught on a smouldering tree at the edge of the clearing.

Breaking into a run Teayre ducked under a strike from the dragon her blade gently caressing the beast’s arm, as she jumped and struck along its flank and darted under it as the beast leapt away she was following it her blade an intricate whirl of steel as small streaks of red began forming along the dragons under belly.  As the dragon landed it struck at Teayre her blade whipping up she blocked the blow however was sent back.

Sliding through the snow, the wind whipping her outfit up around her she lets out a slight breath her eyes locking onto the dragons. The piercing gaze held out against the dragon’s own stare of anger as they held the staring match the dragons muscles twitched as it sprung for her.

“CAL, YOU STAY OUT OF THIS. I’M FINISHING IT!â€

HP List

Teayre: 22/26 (Hate: 5)

Enemies:

Frost Dragon: 9/40 4 DMG (1 + 2 Weapon + 2 Skill - 1 MIT) --> Bleed (2 Turns Left)

Frost Dragon

ID: 15023

MD: 2 (3 – 1 EVA)

As it entered its nosedive the dragon came hurtling down, its eyes went wide with surprise when the armoured morsel was suddenly in front of it. Snapping at the target its jaws closed on thin air as its body began changing direction repeatedly. As it managed to briefly regain control over its body its head drew level with the boy as he began to spin and his leg crashed into the its jaw. Roaring in pain as it flew down out of the sky crashing through several trees it slowed down and came to a stop in the clearing it had created.

Watching through half closed eyes it saw the girl enter the circle a red haze seemed to surround her. No it wasn’t around her, it was around the clearing. Shaking its head and emitting a low growl it slowly stood.

“She began to speaking to it, what was this girl thinking? What food would speak to its meal? No matter I’ll devour both of them.â€

As she finished speaking it watched the girl’s coat fly away in the wind, as the small creature cocked her head at the beast. As it caught on the tree the red figure had burst into a sprint. Swinging its claw at her it found it didn’t connect instead it felt as if it was scratched throughout its scales, leaping back roaring as more and more scratches began to coat its body. Its chest heaving it watched its small prey back off from it.

Rotating its head slowly first left and the right it bellowed a full roar from the top of its lungs.

“I can’t play around anymore… I must finish this!â€

As the clothes of the girl stopped flapping in the wind it made its move, the force from its blow sent red spinning back as the dragon began to follow up its attack keeping close a claw here and claw there. None seemed to connect, the girl was nimble, she was quick. Opening its mouth it spat a small ball of orange flame from it. Just as the girl landed it came hurtling towards her.  She simply pushed off from the ground back flipping in the air as it hit the stump of a tree behind her.

Another roar as the dragon pounded the ground with its claw.

“This… Pair… They disturb my sleep and now that don’t even offer themselves up in repentance… THEY’LL PAY!â€

HP List

Enemies:

Frost Dragon: 8/40 – 1 DMG ( 2 – 1 MIT) à Bleed 1 Turn Left

ID: 15028

Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +1) = 10 (+1 Damage)

Calrex gave a few breaths to recover from the quick mental personality switch his brain had just pulled on him. Upon hearing Teayre's battle speech and cry he was quickly reminded of how her mentality shifted previously when they were taking on the <<Long Live the Queen>> quest, where at the end Teayre seemed to take on a more sadistic persona towards their foes.

"The way she's speaking...a hint of a yandere-type of personality? Or is this just something brought on as a result of being stuck in this game for so long? I guess I can't really say that I've been able to retain the complete personality I had first entering. Nonetheless, we'd best try retain some of our humanity to some level. It's fine to be taking this out on monsters, but should the targets switch to other players..."

"CAL, YOU STAY OUT OF THIS. I’M FINISHING IT!"

"I'm sorry Teayre...you know I can't do that..."

After Teayre completed her assault, gracefully leaping through the air while avoiding the dragon's strikes Calrex gave a calming breath as he blenched his right hand into a fist. The aura chains formed around his gauntlet and began to spiral in a mad frenzy as he began his approach. Since the dragon seemed to be more infuriated its attacks seemed to have become more erratic, but also more predictable.

"Now that the AI seems to have put the dragon into an auto-frenzy its attacks, while appearing more randomized, should actually be more predictable. Before it would make movements based on the approaches we took..."

As he got just out of striking range he quickly slid to a stop. As it triggering some particular reaction from the dragon its tail quickly came around in a sweeping motion. Calrex watched the tail come around, quickly leaping up as he landed on top of it. As he landed he quickly used his <<Sprint>> ability to move up the back of the dragon before kicking off at the base of the neck. The dragon turned to try and snap at him, but he was already above where its mouth could reach. Seeing the weak point that Teayre had struck previously he quickly brought his right arm back, coming down and slamming his fist right onto the vulnerable spot. Upon connection the aura chains shot out like a shotgun blast before Calrex leapt off, sliding before doing a few back handsprings to gain some more distance.

"Alright Teayre, finish this thing off. We've got some ice skating to do."

HP List

Calrex: 52/53 (Hate: 5)

Enemies:

Frost Dragon: 2/40

ID: 15033

BD: 8 (7 + 1 ACC)

LD: 5

As the dragon lunged for her Teayre brought her katana up blocking the blow it sending her sailing backwards, as she landed the dragon was there in front of her, to the side of her. Leaving her very little room for escape Teayre started to duck and dodge, often slipping between the dragon’s outstretched talons. As she slipped out of the dragon’s grasp one last time it backed up sending a fireball in her direction, back flipping she leaps over an old stump that became illuminated as the fireball hit it.

“Well that’s one way to light a candle… But you know you hurt Calrex you stupid beast!â€

As she mentioned Calrex’s name she saw him run towards the dragon the beast whipping its tail around and the armoured boy manoeuvre himself into position his clenched hand colliding with the small green gem between the dragons horns. Her blade hand twitching as she saw him dash in.

“CAL I TOLD YOU STAY OUT OF THIS!â€

Glaring at her boyfriend she dashed towards him, jumping she kicked off his armour changing her direction back towards the dragon her blade a whirl.

“WHY!†Ducking underneath a blow from the dragons claw, “DOESN’T!†Standing up Teayre pirouetted as she dodged the dragons fangs, “ANYONE!†Holding the katana one handed as she grabbed the dragons horns, hoisting herself up onto the beasts back as it flicks its head back, “EVER!†Her blade now in a two handed grip she flips stabbing it straight through the beasts soft point as she began to complete the flip her blade emerges from the tip of the dragon’s skull as it bursts into the red crystals. “LISTEN TO ME!â€

“I DIDN’T WANT TO SEE YOU GET HURT ANY MORE CALREX, YOU JUST CHARGE IN AND TRY AND GET YOURSELF KILLED!†Falling to her knees Teayre begins to sob, “I don’t want to lose you Callie… I don’t know what would happen… if you… if you…â€

HP List

Calrex: 52/53 (Hate: 5)

Enemies:

Frost Dragon: -2/40 4 DMG - (1base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon – 1 MIT)

Teayre - 1 Mat gained.

"WHY...DOESN’T...ANYONE...LISTEN TO ME!...I DIDN’T WANT TO SEE YOU GET HURT ANY MORE CALREX, YOU JUST CHARGE IN AND TRY AND GET YOURSELF KILLED!"

As Teayre defeated the frost dragon Calrex gave a small smile as he lowered his fists, but then his body tensed for a second upon hearing Teayre's rage being directed at him. He gave a small sigh to himself, the white slits in the helmet betraying no bit of emotion as he gave the calming breath.

"Well, I did fear that her aggression in the previous fight may possibly be directed at me. I guess this is a hint of it. It's not like I was going to get myself killed. If that were the case I would've suggested that we get away, not engage the dragon in combat...I know that most people would respond to such aggression with aggression as well, but that would only escalate the situation...Is there even a tried and true approach?"

"I don’t want to lose you Callie… I don’t know what would happen… if you… if you…"

Upon hearing Teayre crouch down and begin sobbing the slits in his helmet betrayed a blink as he gave a swipe on his menu, his Grand Chariot armor being replaced by his casual combat clothing, "Teayre..."

He went over, kneeling down in front of her. Going from her reaction before he wasn't sure whether she was alright with him placing his hands on her shoulder or not.

"I know she's concerned about me, but right now having me avoid combat wouldn't be wise, especially if she was doing the fighting..."

He gave a calming sigh, but in a way it Calrex somehow felt like someone had cracked a whip across his back, like he was a dog that had disobeyed its owner and was being punished. He tilted his head down as his bang covered his eyes, "I...know that you are worried about me, please don't think I'm not aware of that...but..."

"Should I address this now? Should I wait for her to feel better?...Does she really think I'm that foolish?..."

"...but...I know that I've had some seriously close calls in the past...but I hope you've given me the credit that I've learned from those experiences. I'm not going to go and do something as stupid as taking on something that I can't handle..."

"I'm sorry that I butted into your personal fight with this dragon......and I know that you think I'm going to lose myself in my pursuit of becoming stronger to keep you safe...but..."

"No...not this time. I'm sorry Teayre...but this time there is no way that I can back down...I care about you too much to allow myself to change this...and what occurs from this I'll take full responsibility...

Even if I lose my life to you..."

"...but...if you're trying to tell me to stop trying to protect you..."

His face tilted up slightly, his eyes now visible once again. They were filled with the determination and courage that he had shown before when he accepted Ariel's invitation to join the Azure Brigade. However, they were tinged with a slight wetness, as if he was holding some tears from forming.

"..then you're going to have to fulfill that promise you made...and end my life..."

He knelt back slightly as his face fully was visible, "I love you too much Teayre...no...not just Teayre...Narlia. I care about you too much to allow myself to just sit on the sidelines and pray for your safe return. I want to protect you as much as you wish to protect me. I...hope that that will benefit both of us...rather than it becoming some sort of negative influence."

He gave a breath as he tried to form the rest of his thought before resuming, "I'm sorry if I am going against you on this Teayre, and I don't want to come off like I don't care about what you say. But this is not something I am going to budge on...You can hate me or despise me...but as long as I care about you...I'm going to protect you...and I am going to keep your promise. I...may make some decisions that might be considered stupid, but I'm not foolish. I will not lose sight of myself."

With that his head tilted back down as he slumped back a little, his hands clenched weakly. He closed his eyes as he gave a few shallow breaths to himself, his face now hidden by his bangs once again

"Heh...I guess she was right...that it also takes courage to be comfortable with your emotions, rather than constantly simply giving the supposed correct answer..."

[WOOOO LONG POSTS!]

As Calrex knelt down in front of her Teayre throws herself at him suddenly her katana discarded to the side, her arms wrapping around his neck and her face buried into the crook of it. As she listened to Calrex talk to her, his words causing her sobbing to intensify.

“Cal… I-I know y-you’re just protecting me, I… I just don’t want to be the reason you get… get hurt. If anyone’s in the wrong… It’s…†Teayre bit her lip as she leant back a bit to look Calrex in the eyes. “It’s me, I shouldn’t shout at you like, I know I shouldn’t… But… But…â€

“It’s no use I know I’m wrong there’s no reason as to why I actually shouted except I was scared of losing him… DAMN YOU CALNUS! DAMN YOU!â€

Teayre began to softly thump Calrex’s chest with her hand as she returned to hiding in his neck.

“I don’t have a reason… I’m scared Cal, I’m scared out of my mind that I’ll lose you… I’m… sorry.â€

As the boy pushed her back slightly she gazed into his eyes, the sheer one mindedness that filled them was there swirling amidst a pool of love. There was something closed off about Teayre’s eyes they seemed solid unmoving, almost like they were devoid of any emotion. Not a mask but completely empty pits.

"I'm sorry if I am going against you on this Teayre, and I don't want to come off like I don't care about what you say. But this is not something I am going to budge on...You can hate me or despise me...but as long as I care about you...I'm going to protect you...and I am going to keep your promise. I...may make some decisions that might be considered stupid, but I'm not foolish. I will not lose sight of myself."

ID: 15043

BD: 7 (7 + 1 ACC – 1 EVA)

As Calrex spoke to Teayre about going against her one thing made her head shoot up and her hand flew out slapping the boy across the cheek as he finished speaking.

“Don’t. Ever. Say. That. Again. Idiot.â€

Gingerly she reached out and stroked where she had just hit before pressing her lips to his cheek.

“I could never hate or despise you Callie-kun, I never want to. I know how you feel, because if you havn’t realised yet I don’t care how you feel about me I’m going to protect you.â€

Gently raising his head to so that the couple made eye contact, her eyes shimmered as tears began to fall from her eyes. Her eyes were now soft, closing her eyes she leaned in sighing.

“Calrex, Cal, Callie-kun, Bluey, Calnus Hevrexâ€

Each name Teayre said was filled with the same love and warmth except for the last there was something more as she said Calrex’s real name not just love and warmth, but excitement, fear, anxiety and happiness.

“Each of those names, means something different Cal, each of the names show you a little part of me, but all of them are you not any one of them all of them. No matter what mask you where, you mean… No… That’s irrelevant, no matter what mask you wear Calnux Hevrex, I’ll strip it down. No matter what happens… I’ll be here for you. Except if you die for me. Then… Then… I don’t know what’ll happen Cal, I’m scared of losing you. Damnit Calrex you’re the first person who noticed me other than my sister who just used me as a shield and then she got herself killed. GOD DAMNIT CALREX I DON’T WANT TO LOSE THE ONLY OTHER PERSON WHO’S LOVED ME FOR ME!â€

Her tears which had just faded came back much more furious than before and she fell towards Calrex before stopping herself catching herself with her hands on the ground. Looking up she locked eyes with him.

“Do you understand Calnus? I covered for my sister, I took the brunt of all her wrongdoings, her punishments so that she could have a carefree life, I became hated, but I was there I existed. But then… then our father found out… He wasn’t understanding he was… How can I put it a strict man… My sister was killed Calrex… I had to watch her die, I held her as she sobbed blood as she whispered her last breath.  After that I ceased to exist, not just to my family everyone at my school as well. I could walk in and out of a lesson and not even a word was muttered. I was simply a ghost Calrex then I entered this game, I even managed to get a copy of SAO because of being a non-entity. The first thing you do is watch me fall over.†Pausing for a moment she begins to chuckle, “You watched me fall over Callie, you acknowledged my existence Calrex. Then you even offer me your hand you welcomed me for me begin me a ditzy person… I wish… No wishes are for people who have everything in life, I will keep you alive Calrex, even if I cease to exist to everyone again, I’ll protect you from the shadows. As I did my sister before…â€

Teayre collapsed as she finished spitting out what she was saying to the boy. Her crying howled through the clearing as a small white speck in the sky overhead came swooping down its wings beating brushing the snow that had gathered on the couple away. Beleram cocked his head before nudging his master, turning he glares up at Calrex before seeing the boy was sat there just as helpless as his master. Extending his wing he gently pushes Calrex’s on the back towards the girl.

As Calrex watched Teayre's hand move and strike him across the face he remained unwavered, calmly watching as she leaned and began to cry. Feeling Beleram give him a gentle nudge on the back he wrapped his arms around her, bringing her into his chest as he rested his head on her shoulder, giving a calming breath to himself as he listened to Teayre's story before she came to SAO, about her sister and father and the life she had before this.

"I think this is the most that she's told me so far...it's no wonder that she seems to be so worried about losing me..."

"You watched me fall over Callie, you acknowledged my existence Calrex. Then you even offer me your hand you welcomed me for me begin me a ditzy person… I wish… No wishes are for people who have everything in life, I will keep you alive Calrex, even if I cease to exist to everyone again, I’ll protect you from the shadows. As I did my sister before…"

As Calrex heard those words leave Teayre's mouth he remained silent for a second before he shifted his legs so that he was kneeling, instead of crouched. As he did he slowly began to lean Teayre onto her back until he had her laid on the snow, his arms supporting himself over her, "You're not going to cease to exist Teayre. I'm not going to let that happen..."

"In fact you never stopped existing...It's hard to realize in the moment, but all those people were just doing a glorified ignoring act, and you need to exist for someone to try to ignore you...It is painful to think that someone is ignoring you, but it does not mean you stopped existing..."

He kept his face a few inches away from Teayre's, feeling the snow fall onto the back of his head, but the warmth he felt inside of him felt strong enough that any snowflakes that landed on him would steam away. He kept his eyes locked on hers as he kept his mouth shut. 

As Beleram nudged her she looked at the eagle her hand reaching out as she was pulled closer to Calrex her head resting against his chest, her sobbing began to slow as he held her there feeling his head pressing against her shoulder Teayre sighed amidst her crying. Feeling Calrex’s arms around her she felt her body moving and her boyfriend was the puppet master. Lying down in the snow bluey’s hair falling down blocking the world out around her as he lay a top her. Watching his lips she lifted a finger and traced them as he uttered some very simple words.

"You're not going to cease to exist Teayre. I'm not going to let that happen..."

Her arms snaked round the back of Calrex’s body pulling him closer to her, feeling his eyes gazing into hers she whispered something back to him.

“Cal… You have stolen away my heart, I am giving you my body.â€

Leaning her head up slightly she locked their lips together, her mouth slightly open whilst her eyes maintained their unwavering gaze of adoration for the boy above her. Her arms gripping tighter not letting the boy have any chance of escape unless he hurt her.

A few seconds before Teayre pulled him in a quick through went through Calrex's head, a thought that was a step back from the conversation.

"Wait...I'm laying on top of...what the heck am I doing?!"

"Cal… You have stolen away my heart, I am giving you my body."

"Wha..."

Before he could get himself off the girl below him had already wrapped her arms around him and began to kiss him. The sensation was making his entire body feel almost numb with a strange tingling. The strength in his arms left as he felt it difficult for him to maintain his position, eventually slowly collapsing his elbows until he was laying on top of Teayre.

"Wait...this feels different. Is Teayre's mouth...open slightly...Wha..."

Calrex's eyes widened for a second as his telltale flush appeared on his face. Whatever emotion he had previously was completely taken over once again by his usual shyness. He tried to get a few words inbetween the kisses when Teayre tried to regain her breath, "Teayre...wha...what about...the...house...?"

"Teayre...wha...what about...the...house...?"

As Calrex mentioned the word house Teayre froze her arms still pinning her boyfriend to her as she shivered. Her jaw dropping her eyes going wide, a deep red flush coming to her face.

“Oops… I’m sorry Callie…. I kind of got caught up in the moment…â€

Gently she pushes up with her right shoulder to try and roll Calrex over onto his back,  resting her head on his chest.

“You know… it’s a little chilly, I should probably get my coat back on...â€

As she spokes a shiver ran through body causing her to accidently headbutt Calrex as Teayre realised what she had done she clasps a hand of her mouth sitting back up on top of him.

“Cal I’m really sorry… I swear I didn’t mean to…â€

Standing up Teayre jobs over to where her coat was stuck in a tree and tried to put it on, struggling.

“Callie… Would you mind helping, I can’t quite get. My arm. In the sleeve.â€

Letting out an angry sigh Teayre throws the coat down before heading back over to her boyfriend and cuddling into him in the snow. She gently starts to sob in his arms and hides her face from him.

"I'm sorry Cal... I really wanted to ice skate with you could we go another day? I'm not really... Not really up for it now..."

By the time that Teayre had decided to release him Calrex's eyes had closed as his mind had gone blank. When she did his eyes opened slowly, like he had just woken up from a dream. "Oh...oh, yeah it's alright..."

" What... was I thinking about just now?... "

As Teayre attempted to put on her jacket and have up in frustration Calrex had managed to regain some of his self back, now a little more awake as he put his arms around her, "Huh, yeah that's perfectly fine. If you wanted to we could head back into town and grab some nice hot cocoa or something."

He looked over at her jacket, gently moving Teayre upright before he went and retrieved her coat, wreaking if around her. As he gazed at her his face flushed once again as his mind recollected the moment just a few minutes ago, and what she whispered to him.

"... darn it what's wrong with me... well if i didn't have any rude thoughts about her before I'm probably going to now...I guess to some level I really am a sucker for those love lines."

He looked down at Teayre, giving a warm smile.

"Although...I wouldn't have minded if that moment could have gone on for a little while longer..."

"Alright, once you're ready let's go where you desire Teayre."

As Calrex started to leave her she looked up at him, her hand shooting up and gently grabbing his wrist as she looked where he was going she dropped her hand and sat upright. As he wraps it back around her she nods in agreement about some hot cocoa, leaning in she rests her head on his leg whilst her eyes close. Teayre’s breathing begins to slow slightly as if she was on the verge of sleeping.

“Are you… Are you sure it’s okay Cal? Hot Cocoa does sound really good.â€

As she rested there Calrex’s next words caused her to sit bolt upright her hands clasping the snow beneath her.

"Alright, once you're ready let's go where you desire Teayre." 

“Go where I desire? Are you… Are you mocking me Calrex? That sounds really… really…â€

Taking a few deep breaths she shakes her head lifting her hands and pressing the cold snow to her head before leaning back on her boyfriend.

“I’m… I’m sorry I sounded as if you were…. Making… Making fun of me, I forget you speak weirdly sometimes…†Giggling to herself she looks up at Calrex a giant smile on her face as she her cheeks had a very slight red to them, “I like it though, it’s funny.â€

Standing she reaches her hand out to him, as he goes to take it she changes her mind and wraps her arm around his and rests her head against his shoulder.

“So where to Callie-kun, you take the lead? What name do you like the most Cal? I know I have a lot for you... I was wondering which one you preferred."

"So where to Callie-kun, you take the lead? What name do you like the most Cal? I know I have a lot for you... I was wondering which one you preferred."

"Hm...you know I've never really given it much thought...I guess it really depends on the situation. But if we're together like this Callie would be nice. I think it's the nickname that only you use for me. Everyone else calls me Cal, since it's easier to say."

"It does sound kinda cutesy though, but usually I from what a remember couples tend to have cutesy nicknames for each other anyway. Heh, having a cool nickname would just sound weird in this situation."

As Teayre got to her feet he helped her make sure the coat was sitting properly. He gazed at her for a second in the outfit.

"Geez...I am so lucky...

...I am giving you my body...

...gh!"

As a rogue thought crossed his mind his eyes widened as he shook his head, his face flushed, "A-Alright, let's get moving."

With his girlfriend on his arm Calrex began to make their way back towards Snowfrost. As they continued moving he let his eyes relax as he casually activated his <<Reveal>> skill to keep an eye out for any other creatures that might be lying in ambush. Luckily enough other than the previous dragon that had attacked them there were no other monsters lying in wait.

The gates of the settlement came into view as Calrex gave a smile, "Great, we're back without encountering any other creatures. Let's get over to that cocoa."

As they went through the gates Calrex couldn't resist stepping in front of Teayre and stealing a quick kiss from her lips before continuing to walk. As he stepped away he gave a quick whisper in her ear, "...and I'm giving you mine..."

He face flushed as he turned back around.

"...Maybe that might help stave off those random thoughts for now..."

Giggling she flashes a smile at Calrex, squeezing his arm slightly tighter momentarily as she does so.

“Callie it is then, where shall we go? There was a small coffee shop on this floor that should do the hot cocoa, it was by where we met Ariel.â€

As Calrex quickly kissed her at the entrance Teayre felt her knees start to give way as he whispered in her ear she felt herself blush profusely whilst collapsing into him. Stumbling a few steps she manages to right herself, her face sporting a large grin. Shaking her head a few times she takes Calrex’s hand and heads towards the alley way where they’d met Ariel. Beleram screeching at full volume over head as he swooped down landing on the shoulder that Teayre was leaning on and began to gently nibble at Calrex’s ear.

“Beleram, what’re you doing? Behave yourself†chiding the bird, Teayre still found herself giggling at what was happening. After a couple of hundred yards and walking round a few corners and back alleys they come across a small coffee shop with a sign outside that read:

Anteiku

Open for Business all day, every day.

“It looks cosy here, what do you think Callie-kun?â€

"Hm...Anteiku..."

He looked inside, although he did twitch a couple of times to avoid Beleram's beak nibbling at his ear. The coffee shop itself seemed fairly comfortable and had just a few small tables inside, while a few booths against the wall seemed to be for larger groups. The people walking inside seemed to be moving on a pattern, so he could easily guess that this shop was an NPC cafe, similar to the one that they had seen Celes in.

"Yeah, this would be just fine."

He gave a smile as he went over to the door, pulling it open so that Teayre could go inside. Once she did he would follow behind and close the door gently behind him, looking at the menu.

"Well, didn't expect that curveball. They actually have a selection of different hot chocolates...although it looks like they did milk infusions with various herbs. Interesting..."

"Alright, any idea what you might want to try Teayre? They certainly have a nice selection."