[OP-F4] Snowy Haven (Completed)

Corvus sat himself cross-legged in the snow a mere meter away from the fight watching closely. Knowing X was strong, he was curious to how confident Teayre was being. Suddenly remembering that he wasn't in a safe zone, Corvus backed himself away from the fight a considerable distance. After sliding back, an idea popped into his head. 

"Does anyone know if there's popcorn or anything of the sort? If so, where can I get some?" Corvus asked no one in particular. He nearly bit his tongue off at the end of his sentence when the thought of how X would react to his sarcasm. Not well most likely. 

As the fight began and Teayre stepped easily away from X's awful strike. After seeing X flick his finger and hit nothing but air, Corvus wasn't sure if should looked embarrassed or glad. He new X would be angry if he doubted him, but Teayre reminded him of someone he trusted well. Pushing Alice out of his head, Corvus returned his attention to he fight.

"Look it's awesome when it hits alright!"

"X, how often does it hit exactly?" Corvus remarked without a second thought.

A sudden odd calm covered his face, as if nothing could worry him.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kotori gave X a death stare as he decided to say one more joke before continuing to fight. He hadn't learned his lesson and maybe one day he would, but right now she wasn't in the mood to force him into learning. She did enjoy the company of maru-chan, the small pup who was so very adorable. She smiled at the dog and scratched under its chin and on the outside of its ears, areas where it is said that dogs enjoy being petted at. Then Kotori thought about the last thing X said before going to fight. Her face grew a bright red, almost like a tomato. She glared at the boy before heading over to Teayre. "I want you to kick his ass, no buts." She mumbled in her ear before heading off to sit by one of the trees. Hopefully they could finish their fight soon, she was getting a bit bored and very tired. It had been a somewhat long day and maybe she could get in a nap before the battle was over. She removed the maru-chan from her head, placed him to side of her and snuggle up tight. She closed her eyes and began to sleep.

Calrex couldn't help but smirk as he watched X's attack fail when the duel started between him and Teayre, "And that's why you don't rely on special techniques unless they are actually reliable on all aspects of it."

As Kotori turned to get some sleep he returned back to watching the fight, a small laugh escaping from his mouth when Corvus remarked on the actual success rate of X's attack, "For being on the quiet side, he seems to have a pretty sharp wit about him. Either that or X is an easy target."

He crossed his arms as he continued to observe the duel, deciding to sit casually in the snow as he gave a calming breath, "I'm just relieved right now that the situation seems to finally be defused for now. I'd rather not have to deal with more aggression between players for some time, if at all possible..."

Zeri watched as X's failed attack. He sighed and listened to the comments that Crovus and Calrex made."At least you're not in the same guild as him..." Zeri added. Then Zeri looked at Kotori as she made a comment about fighting X."Get in line." Zeri said to himself as he noticed Kotori was about to take a nap. "While nobody is paying me any attention..." Zeri thought to himself, he decided to head back into the woods to search for some more materials. Zeri started by looking around the area where he found the mat he had obtained earlier. But this time around, his search led him empty handed."Guess I'll search somewhere else." Zeri said as he headed deeper into the woods.

ID: 15624 LD: 11

After hearing a bit of criticism from the group I readied for my next attack. Just as I thought I was too fast for teayre and a hell of lot more coordinated. I hate to do this but if I want this to be over faster kicks might be the better options.

"This'll be over in a bit." I said as I began running at teayre.

15654 BD: 8+1-1=hit

I slid across the snow underneath teayre and spun my body on the ground behind her. My legs then split to go on each of her sides. I then kicked them towards eachother taking teayre down (Teayre: 6 damage)

"What's wrong? Can't stand me? Hahahaha!" I joked as I popped up of the ground.

X:39/39

Teayre:38/44

ID: 15716

BD:  4 (6 + 1 ACC – 3 EVA)

As X darted in and scissor kicked Teayre she managed to block one of the kicks with the flat of her katana the other one catching her back, she rolls forward breathing heavily. Eyes narrowed she brings it back carefully before slashing upwards at X who dodges the attack readying herself Teayre brings the blade up into a guard as she smirks at the boy.

“No you’re right I can’t, you are quite simply a pain in the butt who doesn’t know when to stop. It’s fine having a laugh, but learn when to stop.â€

X:39/39

"Ha! I never know when to quit! That's my motto, 'Can't stop, Won't stop!' Hahaha its not bad." I joked as I began bouncing around in my boxer like stance.

As teayres sword came I easily dodged it and then got so bored I became lost in my thoughts. However I was still fighting or whatever but hey I can do both right?

"Teayre I'm gonna think out loud while fighting. No offense but I'm bored, don't worry! I'm still gonna fight I can do both." I told teayre as I began my charge.

15752 BD: 2+1-1 miss

"So like my guilds pretty messed up...(begins letting punches fly almost seemingly purposely letting them slip past the air in front of teayre.) Azide our leader is no where to be found... The only leadership left is me and my fellow council members. Ones a girl who barely talks to anyone an doesn't open up, and, the other, Oikawa, is a terrifying pyscopath who has a split personality that likes to murder innocent people... Which means I'm really the only sane one." I contemplated while now doing complex kicks that miss by centimeters.

"Maybe I should leave... Maybe I should become, X the great pirate! Hahaha or something like that." I said finally stopping my attacks.

"What do you guys think?" I asked the group.

X: 39/39

Corvus gave an uncomfortable glance at Calrex. He could tell he was being talked about. It took him a moment to come back to reality. Shaking his head, Corvus stood up and looked at the others. He wandered over to a few feet from the fight. Corvus knew it was stupid to stand so close, but he wanted to watch for something.

"I don't know, I'm not sure you seem completely in your right mind X."

Corvus's calm broke into a smirk as he stared at X. He gave a short fulls smile, nodded and started back over to where Calrex, Zeri, and Kotori were. 
"Wait, where's Zeri?" Corvus wondered, not noticing he mumbled it out loud. 

"Cal, two questions. One, where did Zeri go, and two, is it safe for any of us to be sleeping out here? I've had a..." Corvus's voice falters, "a bad experience before while camping and not paying too much attention."
Corvus looked down at the resting girl sadly. 

ID: 15824

BD: 7 (9 + 1 ACC - 3 EVA) [+ 1 DMG]

As she watched X prance about Teayre patiently waited, as he started to go on about talking out loud whilst fighting she gives a small smirk her eyes lighting up. As his blows came in Teayre didn’t even bother moving as they flew past her, seeing a bout of kicks come her way she starts to weave with the blows each one missing her. Twisting her katana with each kick she catches X’s legs as he goes to strike her the wounds began to slowly drip out red crystals as Teayre begins a standard series of slashes as X dodges the first few. Stepping back she flourishes her blade slicing upwards catching the boy’s arm, before turning her weapon and striking X across the stomach.

“Still bored? Perhaps you need to learn a little more patience before you act so cocky.â€

X: 34/39 5 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon) [bleed: 2 Turns Left]

Teayre : 38/44

"So yeah Im thinking about becoming a pirate you guys..." I said totally un affected in the least by the wound on my stomach.

I then looked down at my hands and wondered what's next? Pirate right? YO-HO YO-HO Id row under the black flag! Id own the sea and sky! Being a pirate would be awesome.

"I went to the pub and heard the old man say,

Leave her Johnny leave her,

Tomorrow Ye get yer pay and it's time for us to leave her.

(Begins messing with menu)

Leave her Johnny leave her, Ohhh leave her Jooohhhhnny leave her for the voyage is long and the winds don't blow and it's time for us to leave her. (Stabs matriarcs stinger into forearm {effect: plus one damage})

I hate to sail on this rotten tub, leave her Johnny leave her. Nooo grouge allowed and rotten grub, and it's time for us to leave her. Ohhhh leave her Johnny leave her, for the voyage is long and the winds don't blow and it's time for us to leave her." I sang my pirate shanty in a beautiful voice as I made my preparations.

*used post action*

X:34/39-1 bleed= 33/39

Teayre: 38/44

ID: 15832

BD: 4 (6 + 1 ACC – 3 EVA)

As Teayre stepped forward to strike at X again he began to sing, rolling her eyes at him she stepped back watching carefully at she noticed a very familiar item being stabbed into his arm.

“So you are giving yourself a damage buff in a duel? Why not save it for a boss fight, or it you think you actually need an edge against me?â€

Dipping her katana down Teayre draws a straight line in front of her, quickly looking back she sees Carlex, Zeri, Kotori and Corvus at a safe distance away. Closing her eyes Teayre sighs, letting a low whistle out she feels the familiar gust of wind as Beleram lands on her shoulder. Smirking her eyes meet X’s.

“If you’re a pirate surely you need a bird as a familiar?â€

X:33/39

Teayre: 38/44 

After teayres mentioning of a familiar I shook my head and pointed at Maruchan who was now wearing an eyepatch made from a leaf he found. I then took the empty stinger out of my arm and tossed it away. After flexing that forearm getting a feel for the new power I fist bumped my two fists together and activated the martial arts skill a difrent way.

"Alright let's end this." I said as I began taking a few practice punches that were faster than before.

Then I ran for kotori improvising my next attack.

15856 BD: 10 crit 2 item 1

Upon coming with in range I grabbed the hilt of her katana and palmed her elbow bending it the wrong way. Then following through with out losing momentum I sent her up with a backflip kick. Not finished yet I jumped up and slammed her down on the ground by her leg. (9 damage Teayre)

"I think this is about the time the announcer yells out ultra combo..." I joked while keeping a straight face.

X:32/39

Teayre:29/44

ID: 15872

BD: 6 (8 + 1 ACC – 3 EVA)

As X hits her elbow Teayre twists her arm flipping over it before she was sent into the air, her eyes narrowing she felt X grab her leg. Feeling his momentum drag her downwards Teayre stuck her Katana point down slowly her descent enough for her to kick free of X’s attack without begin made into a paste on the ground. Withdrawing her blade from the ground as she flipped over landing, smiling.

“Well I’ve got to see, at least you weren’t all talk about your moves. I’ve definitely seen better though. Tell me one thing though X, how does it feel to be on par with me after you’ve buffed yourself and have better equipment?â€

As she spoke Teayre shifted her guard the katana held high by her head, taking a step forward she flicks her right hand away from the blade before swivelling her left hand around her other hand returning it as she delivers a clean cut directly across X’s chest. Stepping back Teayre spins her weapon around her wrist before returning it to its sheathe one hand supporting the sheath the other gripped tightly around the hilt.

X:27/39  5 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon)
Teayre:29/44 

"Hmmm can't say, but how's it feel knowing you've grinded more than me and I'm still going to win because I was smarter with my col?" I asked Teayre joking back at her question.

I rubbed my hands on my pants and adjusted my shirt around the wound on my chest. She's barely scratching me while I'm landing these combos that hit like multiple trucks. It's really boring when I know I'm going to win, so might as well end it quick.

16005 BD:7-1+1=hit + item effect=7 damage

"Boo." I said as I appeared behind teayre stretching my speed to the very limit. Giving her only time to flich I delivered two quick kicks, one to her hand to get it away from the katana the other I used to backflip off her back. However I noticed she had a few points of HP left before half so I quickly ran over behind her now bent forward from the kick.

"Finger flick attack mark I!" I yelled as I flicked the back of her ear as the duel winner icon appeared above my head.

X:27/39

Teayre:22/44

X wins the duel!

Chuckling Teayre laughs at X sheathing her Katana as she sat on the floor, “Yeah you beat me because you’re a spoilt brat. You know it doesn’t even bother me. You took it so seriously… Why? It’s just a duel, it’s a bit of fun.†Looking over she whistles at Beleram who comes over to her gliding low over the snow, his talons leaving a thin trail behind him.  Rubbing his head Teayre smiles over at Corvus, “Unfortunately mate the shows over, but Cal’s the guy to ask if you need information on anything you know.†Turning her back round to face X she smiles taunting him, “Yet Cal still has more luck than you.â€

"Hm? Oh I think Zeri went off on his own somewhere. Don't worry he's strong enough to take care of himself. As for sleeping around here you don't have to worry. This area is fairly quiet and no monsters are spawning nearby, so it really kind of functions like an unofficial safe zone."

As the duel came to a close Calrex gave a small sigh of disappointment at the result. He had wanted Teayre to win and hopefully take X down a peg, but in the end it was a close match, and that was enough. He walked over to Teayre, putting a hand on her shoulder, "Good fight nonetheless Teayre."

He looked over at the others, as he gave a small exhale, "I wonder if it's about time for the two of us to get going...although part of me thinks it would be a better idea to bring Kotori along...I'm not really sure how much I could trust X keeping to himself while she's asleep..."

Kotori woke up yawning, refreshed from the nap that she took. Opening her eyes, she was able to see the last part of the duel and see X win the battle. At that point, she didn't really care who won, she just wanted to leave the area and forget today ever happened. Removing herself from the dog who sat next to her, the girl sneaked behind some trees and headed for the safe zone. Hopefully, she would be able to relax in peace for the rest of the day and not be bothered by other people. Even then, the brunette honestly thought that the day wasn't as bad as it seemed to be. 

Complete

1200 Col for 3 Completed Pages

200 Col for each Participant

1 SP for each Participant