[OP-F4] Snowy Haven (Completed)

Kotori just sighed as X used a cheesy pick-up line on her. This wasn't going to stop, was he? "Nope, no band-aids, just a cold, hard metal dagger." She replied, putting emphasis on the word dagger. It was a warning, but considering, the boy would just take it as her being hard to get, so it was useless. As the group walked towards this frozen lake, Teayre, the girl from earlier got a bit closer. She spoke a bit with her, telling her to find some friends and it'll help being stuck here. Kotori thought about it a little bit. Maybe she was right. Was it okay to believe some people just were nice? It was time for Kotori to let go of her paranoia, that feeling that everyone just used other for their own needs.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Teayre began to talk to Kotori Calrex gave a quick smile as he put his hands into his jacket pockets. X was of course still trying to hit on Kotori, but with the last response he figured that if X didn't figure it out he would get the message loud and clear in a different fashion.

"The lake shouldn't be too far from here now. Since this floor is constantly cold enough for snow it should be still frozen over, so if anyone wants to get some skating in it's a great place to do so."

He unequipped his Grand Blade from his back, the deep sea blue blade and sheath vanishing in a flash of light blue. After it vanished his jacket settled down over where it originally was placed.

"That's what you get X." Zeri told Zeri as Kotori gave her response to X's cheesy pick up line. Then Clarex and Teayre both mention a lake on this floor. Zeri went along with them but decided to stay in the back by himself. Zeri was wondering why is going to a frozen lake with people he didn't even know and to him the idea of going to the frozen lake sounded very boring to him. "Why are we even going to a frozen lake in the first place, it sounds like to me there's nothing interesting to do over there" ignoring the ice skating idea. As soon as the group headed towards the lake, Clarex mention about ice skating, but Zeri wasn't interested at all so he decided to sit down in the snow and watch everyone else ice skate.

No one seemed to enjoy my pick up line but whatever. I then walked along close to kotori up until we came to the lake. However just then from the reflection of the lake I got an even better look at kotori's face. Now I am very good with faces and I swear I've seen it before.

"Hey kotori... Have we met before?" I asked in a very serious tone.

Then it hit me and my eyes lit up excitedly with discovery and satisfied child like curiosity.

"Yeah! I do know you from the real world! Well... Not you personally but I knew your father!" I said slowing down in the middle but speaking faster at the end.

"Yeah yeah I remember now!... Your father has to be little caesar!..." I said and then cut my voice silent.

"Because you look hot 'n ready!" I said finally releasing the punch line.

Then I laughed and glided out into the ice a little bit keeping my perfect balance. But then I slid back over to the snow and held out my hand for kotori.

"Hey jokes aside its probably your best choice to hold onto me. I probably have the best balance here." I said to the girl as Maruchan hopped on my shoulder and fell asleep.

At the moment I noticed not only had my acrobatics skill activated but the performer icon was also visible in my HUD. So I guess I've skating is pretty difficult in this game.

Chuckling at Kotori’s response to X’s advance she sighed, noticing that they had arrived at the lake Teayre pointed to a slight gap between a couple of trees.

“Cal? Remember by those trees?†Letting out a soft giggle, Teayre began to blush. “It was the first place you tested your armour out and I tested my katana.â€

Smiling warmly she ruffled Calrex’s hair before dashing onto the ice slowly skidding along it and controlling a spin around, she notices X trying to make yet another advance on Kotori. Sliding along the ice she takes X’s hand.

“Shall we then? I’m not sure you would have the best balance anyways X, but prove me wrong. I dare you.â€

Smirking she pushes off from the shoreline, tugging at X’s hand. Her eyes dart to Calrex, nodding at him she slips slightly closer to X whispering in his ear.

“She’s telling you to back off buddy, take the hint.â€

Letting go of his hand she gently skates away to the other side of the shore and bends down briefly before standing up and spinning around, but too fast the snowball she had prepared flies out of her hand and lands down next to Calrex rather than on her target.

“Ooof! Damnit! Cal you’re supposed to get hit by that, move into it next time!†

ID:14976

BD: 2 (2 + 1ACC - 1 EVA)

Kotori's face became shaded in with a bright red that made her skin look like a freshly picked tomato. It was as if her warnings went in one ear and went out the other. Kotori dashed at the boy, with the intent on teaching him a lesson he wouldn't forget when she slipped on the ice and fell face-first on the cold ice. She had forgotten the fact that she wasn't on land. By the time she got up after slipping again, X was with Teayre, far away from her. Kotori dragged herself onto the snow, and laid down, holding her dagger in front of her eyes. Maybe if she said nothing this embarrassing moment would go away. Hopefully, X too.

As Calrex watched the snowball fall to his side he gave a smirk as he looked back over at Teayre, "Hey, that's not its supposed to work!"

He watched as the group began to make their way onto the frozen lake, putting his hands into his pockets as he stood at the edge. The last time he had no problems with skating on it, but for this particular event he figured to just sit on the sides in the meantime and observe the others moving across the ice.

As he sat down he began to move some of the snow between his hands, sneakily beginning to form it into a snowball, "Let's see Teayre dodge this. I'll make sure not to pack it too mush so that it doesn't solidify."

Zeri watched as everyone ice skates but him. Then he watched as Teayre threw a snowball at Calrex, but was short hitting him. Then all of a sudden, something came over Zeri as he wanted to throw one at Calrex as well. So he grabbed some snow, packed it together, and threw it at Calrex hoping his would hit. But just as Teayre's snowball, his came up short as well. So after that, Zeri sighed and flopped back into the snow as he continues to watch everyone ice skate the day away.

ID: 15031 BD: 1

Teayre was actually the one who first doubted my abilities. Weird I thought I was getting the most support from her. But who cares! I get a chance to show all the hard work I do that other people call goofing off!

"Oh so you don't think my balance is unbelievable. Looks like someone's never been to one of my shows hahaha!" I joked as I began stretching out.

I may love showing off my performer proffesion but I hate and I mean hate doing a stunt I haven't perfected yet in front of other people. I then slid to one side of the pond and, cracked my fingers getting the martial arts skill ready as I would need the STR boost.

"Alright! Let's do this!" I yelled as I began skating across the ice.

Once I reached the middle I jumped and grabbed a branch over head. Keeping up the momentum I flipped straight up in the air. I then landed on the branch balancing up my body with one hand grasping the branch and the other griping my wrist for support. My elbow started to bend but I grunted and straightened it out. However I gripped the branch harder which made the martial arts skill broke the branch in half with my fist. I was now falling straight for the pond with my fist I use as a lethal weapon leading the way.

ID: 15040 BD: 9

"Sh*t!" Was all I could make out before my fist collided with the frozen pond.

Aperently my mis-attack was so damn strong it shattered all the ice covering the cold water of the pond and I was sent into the cold water. My mind then raced to think who else was in the water and I could only think of Tearye. So I rushed over and tugged on her forearm trying my hardest to fling her over out of the water. I then crawled onto the freezing snow next to kotori soaking wet in freezing water.

"Damn I guess I over-did it... Sorry." I said out of breath.

Shrugging off the tug on her forearm Teayre spluttered as she entered the water she kicked her feet so she went underneath slight before placing her hands on the edge of the break and lifted herself out. Opening up her menu changing her outfit quickly to her more military style one with the long coat, she then selects X and the option to duel.

“YOU COMPLETE IDIOT!â€

Drawing her katana she sets herself in a stance, ready to attack her fingers flicking along the hilt of the weapon. Beleram crying as he swooped down over to Calrex taking and catches the boy’s arm with his talons and starts beating his wings to tug Calrex over to Teayre.

“OVER. DID. IT? Oh X… You over did it when Kotori said she’d stab you with her dagger and you went back for me. Seriously no matter how pretty a girl is, listen to her. Now boy you’re… you’re…â€

She took a couple of breaths before sheathing her weapon. Looking over she saw Beleram tugging at Calrex.

“I’m sorry, next time don’t try and show your fancy stuff off you stupid little… Who am I kidding you just wanted to get the girl didn’t you? Well take a lesson X in this game something stupid like that could kill you. I know from experience, keep things simple rather than going for that one beautiful strike that would look splendid but only has a small chance of working. Twenty sure fire cuts would do the same thing.â€

Sighing again she heads over to a tree slumping down against it she takes out a small cloth and begins to polish her Katana.

“X, it’s up to you what you want to do about the duel, but change your clothes first you’ll die of cold otherwise.†

Kotori felt a sudden wave of shock go through her as the ice below her, no longer covered in snow, collapsed because of X's attempt to show off a cool attempt. Immediately she felt the sensation of heat dissipate into a feeling of subzero temperatures. For a few seconds, Kotori believed she was sinking to her frosty death, never to see the light of daylight ever again. She stopped having an expression and her eyes were covered by wet, icy lofts of hair. With a quick movement of her arms, she was able to swim upwards towards the light and climb up onto the snowy ground. Kotori began to cough and wheeze, gasping for her air as she collapsed onto the white substance that covered the soil.

After a few moments, she lifted herself up in a standing posiition and scanned the area for X. Kotori dashed at him, almost turning into a blur before arriving at his neck with a dagger pointed as his neck. She breathed softly, too softly to be heard. "Don't move." She practically spat out, with no tone whatsoever in her voice. "If you even so much as talk, this dagger is going to gouge out your eyes and cut your tongue off. Then, slowly and slowly it will sever your limbs as you scream in agonizing pain before I throw you into this very lake to die." she threatened. Her eyes glazed over, but they still couldn't be seen through her hair, almost as if she had none in the first place. The only thing on Kotori's mind was murder, and bloody murder at that. She didn't even think about how this wasn't possible in SAO, all she cared was that X suffered a painful, long death. Everything he had done so far had pissed her off.

Zeri watched X's failed attempt to show off in front of everybody as he fell into the icy water. Zeri got up as quick as he could to help out but was a little late as X got out of the water with Teayre. Then Teayre challenged X for a duel and Zeri had said, "I really don't think a duel is necessary."

Then Zeri saw Kotori ran up to X with her dagger. Zeri then got really mad as he equipped his sword, 'Claymore of Amarok' and walked up to Kotori, not as himself, but as a whole different person almost like a demon-like person.

When Zeri got up to them, he placed the tip of his sword on Kotori's back and said to her, "I dare you to do it. This is exactly why I can't stand people. They always act one way, and the next thing you know, they completely change. This is why I can't stand people who like to put a little show to hide who they really are. All X was trying to do was cheer you up a little, and you trying to kill him? Oh, I can't wait to see his health drop, even an inch. I'll be so glad to end your life here and now. I don't even care if I become a PKer, if it gets me to be alone and away from people like you...I'll be glad to do it!! Please...give me a reason to become a PKer...Come on! GIVE ME A REASON TO KILL YOU!!!"

"Alright hold on there..."

As Kotori brought her blade to X's neck a deep sea blue gauntlet separated and blocked the two surfaces from touching.

Calrex was sitting on the side until he saw X's little showoff trick fail, not only making a fool of himself, but also completely breaking the layer of ice that had covered the lake. He saw Teayre try to give X some constructive advice, until Kotori took the extreme approach and decided to threaten with force.

As he used his <<Sprint>> ability to close the distance to the group in moments he had equipped his Grand Chariot armor, the helmet not only skewing the white slanted slits to indicate the location of his eyes. He looked over at Teayre as he spoke, "You two go take that duel over by Zeri. I'm assuming you set it to Half-Loss? X, I think you'd best learn these lessons quickly. Teayre, feel free to not pull your punches."

He kept his time calm, but yet with an air authority and command. If X did not learn this harsh lesson now and lose that bravado and macho act he was putting it would get him killed. Now seemed to be the only time it was actually required.

If Kotori tried to move he would clench his fist and activate his <<Martial Arts>> skill, having the light blue aura chains apart and spiral at a rapid rate, like his arm were a high powered drill.

Once Teayre led X away he would turn to face Kotori, "I'd suggest before you go and pull such a rash action that you dry your clothes first. If you need a tree there's one right there. Just unequip and reequip it. We'll make sure no perverts decide to take a peek."

He gave a small sigh, "Here I thought this was going to be a relaxing outing... "

"Listen, I understand that you're furious with X at the moment, but there's quite a few things working against that decision you almost made. Since I'm guessing you aren't quite acquainted with the notoriety system of SAO I'll make this quick. Should you happen to succeed at killing X you would become an orange crystal player, a PKer. This means you will have no safe zone or access to the settlements, and will be most likely be targeted."

"But before even thinking that far look at X's level compared to your's. I'm not going to beat around the bush on that subject: Should you two fight to the death, X would easily emerge the victor. This isn't the real world, if you try taking on anyone significantly higher level than you, you will lose."

Calrex gave a sigh before finishing his statement, "I'm not going to stop you should you try that again, but think it through. Remember that if any of us die in here, we die for real."

With that he gave final partially frustrated breath, speaking at the same time, "What is it with everyone taking killing so lightly? Honestly, it's like everyone's lost their common sense when they entered this game."

"A duel?.. S-sure just let me dry-er I mean freeze a little bit more. This is my only set of clothing..." I tiredly said while rolling over onto my back.

Quite the f*ck up this time Tearye seems a little pissed. The snow fell lightly and gently landed on my body. I could spot Maruchan napping in a tree unaffected by what just happened. The kotori charged and got ontop of me with a dagger at my neck

"Ko-tori..." I said a little exhausted.

Then everyone began treating the level one player as a hostile PKer. I'm actually kinda happy kotori is freaking out like this. It reminds me how in the real world someone I loved would always get mad when i messed up. Although this was a little extreme still it made me happy. I then listened more and more to zeri shouting and I threw my hand up to signal him to shut the f*ck up.

"Sorry for this." I quickly said right before I lunged my neck through the dagger and kissed kotori on the cheek.(2 damage XWuZHeAR)

I then rested my head back on the snow with a dagger still through my neck.

"I'm not gonna fight you kotori... You remind me too much of someone I used to know..." I said with a scratchy voice as there is a goddamn dagger in my neck.

Damn maybe I really am insane...

X's HP: 37/39

Letting out a sigh, Teayre flicks her wrist towards Beleram who takes refuge in a nearby tree keeping deathly quiet. Her eyes flicking over to the commotion by the pond and she notices the health bar of X had dropped slightly. Shoving herself to her feet she returns Oikawa Kanashiki to its sheathe, whilst walking over to the group. Gently placing a hand on Zeri’s shoulder she tugs him back.

“Zeri. Move. Let me deal with this.â€

Making eye contact with him, she shoots him a steely glare before moving herself between his weapon and Kotori’s back. Resting a hand on Kotori’s she gently pulls at it trying to remove the dagger from X’s neck. Teayre begins to speak to Kotori in a quiet voice, her other hand moving to rest on the other girl’s back rubbing gently.

“Kotori listen to me, sure he’s a guy that’s not taken a hint. There’s a million and one of them out there even Calrex here doesn’t get a hint sometimes.†As Teayre says this bit her face tinges red slightly, “Now’s not the time to go into that however, it wouldn’t do you any favours killing X. I want to kill him myself, but you need to remember is it worth becoming a murderer because some guy made you a bit wet and wouldn’t take no for an answer? Tell you what you and I go for a walk and we leave Calrex to knock some sense into these two goons what do you think?â€

Making eye contact with X she glares at the boy as if the seven rings of hell were burning through her eyes into him. Breaking her eye contact with the boy she looks back at Kotori to see how she’s doing. Speaking to Calrex her voice stayed in the same soft tone, but there was an underlying warmth to it despite the tension going on around them.

“Cal, get these two sorted out okay? If not I’ll deal with the pair of them. Together. As if they hurt you.â€

"What the hell is he thinking." Zeri thought as X walked into Kotori's dagger, which made Zeri tighten his grip on his blade. Then he felt Teayre tug on him to step back. Then she shot a glare at Zeri, which hardly affected him in the slightest, but backed off anyway as Teayre took Kotori for a walk and leaving him and X with Calrex. Zeri stared at X for a while and thought, "You're a damn fool for doing something like that. You're no better than her." Then Zeri said to X, "Why..." Then Zeri walked off to find a tree away from the two of them and sat down, wanting to be alone.

Kotori's face didn't falter as Zeri's sword touched his neck. She wasn't afraid of him at all. In fact, to her it was pretty funny how desperate he wanted to be the hero, the person who stops all the fighting. The frown on Kotori's face adjusted into a smirk. "This threat would've worked, except you forgot to account for one thing.... I don't care." She snickered as she continued to hold the dagger at X's neck, exactly where the major artery in his neck was. "You honestly think after years and years of being ignored by everyone I know that I would have any reason to live? I didn't put on a show. I made it very clear I didn't like being bothered. X wasn't trying to cheer me up, he was trying to hit on me. I even warned him, but he was too dumb to understand what I meant. If you want to become a PKer so bad, just do it. See how its like to be treated like garbage, ignored, and isolated from everyone. I would love to see that happen to you simply because you're a hypocrite. You looked like a person that nobody really talks to and just sat around. Now you're trying to act all brave and acting as if you're a moral person."

With that, Calrex sprinted towards X and Kotori. What he did next was describe in great detail why she wouldn't want to kill X, talking about how she would be targeted and most likely killed. It was something that everyone knew, she didn't need this to be explained, although he knew was trying to help. There was just one mistake that everyone was overlooking as they tried to calm her down. Then X kissed her on the cheek. It was almost out of the blue, and she had almost forgotten about the boy himself. Kotori gritted her teeth in shear fury at the person. The look she gave at X was so angry that if looks could kill, the entire forest would be transformed into the aftermath of a nuclear bomb. "If you expected me to blush or calm down a bit, then you're sadly mistaken. In fact, its the complete opposite. If I had my dagger right now, I would cut off my cheek. That's how disgusting and revolting I view you. If I do remind you of someone, I really hope that someone is no longer with us, I would kill myself if I had to deal with you."

Teayre came over and tried to sympathize and make Kotori feel a bit better, or that very least calm her down. She offered to go on a walk and let her blow off some steam. She had made the same exact mistake, but she wasn't going to say anything now, especially in front of Zeri. Kotori walked towards X and yanked her dagger out of his neck, muttering a few words and then tossing it to her other hand. She then headed towards the forest, her footsteps never even being heard by anyone nearby. If Teayre really wanted to take a walk, she would find her in here. Somewhere. 

"*sigh* やれやれ (expression of relief/disappointment)..."

As Kotori stormed off with Teayre following after her, and Zeri moved over to a nearby tree Calrex gave a small sigh as he gave a few swipes on his menu, his Grand Chariot armor switching back to his casual combat clothing. He closed his eyes a few seconds as he put his hands in his pockets, thinking for a second about what just transpired.

"Well, if this were a game everyone chose the most out there or incorrect route choices. But of course we're not in a sim, and there's no load save option. Well, let's see, going from what I know there was already some tension with X trying to pull a Cassanova, which was then exacerbated when his little stunt on the lake went wrong, resulting in almost everyone taking a cold dip. Which resulted in Kotori deciding to threaten X, that seemed to trigger some disdain from Zeri, who seems to not appreciate 'two-faced' people. é¢å€’ãã•ã„㪠(How bothersome)..."

With that he gave a calming breath, looking at the two people around him at the moment, "Now the question is who and what to do next. Teayre should be more than enough to keep and eye on Kotori, but going from the way X is acting I'll probably need to keep and eye and make sure he doesn't go running off after them. Zeri doesn't appear to be going anywhere, and from the way things are he's not going to do anything at the moment. So...going on that..."

With that he walked over to X, giving him a quick pat on the shoulder, "Not sure what you've got going on in that head of yours at the moment, but for now I would strongly suggest you just hang here for now and let them talk."

Tearye came over after the kiss and started tugging on the blade which made me freak out as pain erupted from my neck. Kotori then started yelling as I expected.

"If you expected me to blush or calm down a bit your sadly mistaken..."

"Yeah kinda regretting I didn't plant one on the lips and the whole knife in my neck thing..." I responded to kotori with a scratchy voice.

Then what she said next made my heart skip a beat. My eyes blurred and for a second I was back in the real world and "she" was explaining why we couldn't be together. Then when I shook my head and came back to SAO what I heard made something inside snap a little bit.

If I had to deal with you id kill myself!

My eyes then began to sting a little bit as she pulled the dagger out of my neck only not from the pain. Kotori then began to walk away as I stared at the ground. Then I made a fist and gritted my teeth as I ran at her and got in front of her.

"Why... Why... Why! I can't just f*cking joke around or attempt to do almost the impossible to cheer up a girl who I haven't seen smile once!... But no you just had to go there! You f*cking had to go there! I was hurt enough hearing it from her in the real world! You think I can remain stable if I hear it here too!" I began yelling as tears fly off my face.

Then I could feel the martial arts skill activating in my fist along with anger. Not good. I then took up the fist and quickly wiped at my face which became a useless action as more tears came. I then charged for kotori not thinking about the consequences.

ID: 15060 BD: 9 damage = 7

Then I yelled as I let a punch of frustration and anger go into kotor's stomach. The force sent her back up against a tree. (Kotori damage: 7)

I then was breathing heavily and the flow of tears had stopped.

"Why?... Why couldn't you have just blushed or been flattered like any other girl... I put my neck on a knife do people who just hit on girls do that?... Well I supose all that doesn't matter now, I hope you can learn to open up to people some time in the future..." I said with a great depressing demeanor.

I then rupped my open neck wound trying to wheen off the pain.

((WOOOOO FINALLY POSTED))

As Kotori headed off towards the forest Teayre glances over at Calrex briefly nodding at him before returning her gaze to Kotori. Letting her get a few paces ahead of her before slowly following after her lifting a hand and waving it. Her eyes flicking to Zeri Teayre sighs, this was going to be a long few minutes. Suddenly she fell back as X dashed passed her, falling over she rolls before standing up from the roll her hand flying to her Katana as she looks around.

“X… Watch. Where. You. Are. Going.â€

Tossing her hair back she glared up at the boy as he began reeling off some stuff to Kotori about not being able to take a joke and how she never smiles. Teayre dashed to Kotori’s side as she crashed into a tree her left hand loosening her katana in its sheath. As she checked Kotori over she found that she’d lost most of her life as well as had been rendered unconscious. Standing up her eyes slowly shut as her head began to tilt. Her voice was quiet but laced with a subtle undertone of controlled venom and rage.

“Calrex, stop me if I move away from Kotori. X why did you punch her? You pushed her health bar into the red zone. You want to know why she didn’t blush or why she didn’t take it as flattery, do you? She wasn’t the type of girl for cheesy lines, she doesn’t trust anyone yet. Why do you think she clutched her dagger as if it was her friend. She saw it as her only means of defence and now you go and hurt her. If you’d tried had to get to know her, before the cheesy lines you’d of been fine but you know. It didn’t work. Simply because you didn’t approach it properly. I’m not sorry if my words hurt you. Simply grow up, keep yourself but realise one thing. You’re in a death game. If she’d been any lower level you would of killed her. Now put your hands down and we can all forget this incident.â€

Looking down at Kotori, Teayre lets out a sigh removing her hand from her weapon she kneels down next to the girl gently stroking her forehead. Moving Kotori into a more comfortable position Teayre supports Kotori’s head with her arm whilst opening her menu and selecting the health potion and uncorking it she presses it to the girl’s lips and lifts it up feeding her the potion.

<Health Potion Used: Kotori regains 5 HP>

As Teayre finishes feeding her the potion her back begins to jerk every so often as if she had hiccups. She could see small splashes of water land on Kotori’s face which her body hid from the rest of the group. She spoke again her voice the same as before.

“X, she’s unconscious as a higher level player if you get upset or anything like that you need to control yourself. If not you could end up as someone terrible, not just a pker but someone heartless who takes what they want. A green player can be worse than a red player.â€

Her cries became much more audible when she finished speaking, as she hunched over Kotori. Her hair covering the other’s face.

“Damnit you stupid girl. Why did you have to do that? WHY!?â€