[OP-F4] Snowy Haven (Completed)

The last thing Kotori ever saw was the fist of a boy she had just met. An pitch darkness consumed her vision as she fell out of consciousness. Her eyes opened with a flash and found herself alone in what seemed to be pitch black in every direction, save for the light illuminating the small area around her. "Hello? Is anybody there?" she asked out loud with an almost sad tone in her voice. That's funny. Why was she sad? She didn't know. The scenery then changed and Kotori found herself in pajamas, inside a small wooden cabin. This was something she vaguely recognized, so at first she didn't understand. She then heard the sound of childish giggling. Quickly, she ran to the window and pulled up the blinds. Outside, in the snowy ground was her mom and her, simply playing around. This was when she was 3, before her mom tragically died. "M-mom..?" Her mom disappeared as Kotori questioned who the person was. The child version of Kotori began to cry, now alone in the snow with nobody there to help her.

The place she was changed again, it was back in middle school. Kotori's outfit fit the place, she was in a typical schoolgirl outfit. Kotori saw herself, alone and in the back of class, with a tired and weary look on her face. The place changed again and she was in senior highschool now, same clothes. Tihe old version of her was sitting alone by a tree with no kids in sight. "I p-pushed everyone away. S-stop it! Go find someone!" Kotori shouted in horror, understanding what she had been doing her whole life. Still, the old version of her ignored her and did nothing. "YOU IDIOT! YOU'RE MAKING YOURSELF LONELY!" she screamed while her eyes began to water. Finally, the place she was changed for the last time. It was the day she entered SAO. She was no longer in the memory itself, now she was looking from an outside perspective. Her dad knocked on the door, saying "Kotori!" every knock. Her old self said for him to go away, and to leave her alone. Kotori broke down. "DON'T LET H-HIM LEAVE, D-DON'T LET M-MYSELF G-GET STUCK I-IN THERE!" She sobbed almost uncontrollably, understanding what she had done for most of her life. Push everyone away. The world faded into darkness again, the same little spot illuminated by an unseen light. She began to hear the outside world, echoes of people talking and the movement of herself. Maybe it was time to wake up. With that, she let herself awaken.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Really...is this really the way this situation is progressing? If this were a situation in a game it would win Stupidest Plot Twist..."

As X had flown past him and scored a powerful hit on Kotori he tilted his head down, his hands clenched into fists. He gritted his teeth as he felt his blood boiling, feeling it rush to his arms. His <<Martial Arts>> skill was active as his arms were surrounded by the spiraling light blue chains, now moving so fast they were actually creating a loud grinding and drilling noise. Snowflakes that had fallen towards them were quickly deflected, the wind now generating causing some of the smaller flakes to spiral around, as if creating miniature tornados. He remained like this for a few seconds before he gave a calming breath, one that almost hinted a chilling factor, as if his cold persona were trying to gain control.

"No...that side would not be the right response to this situation. Unfortunately, it might be that talking to this people won't be enough...whatever thing they've got stuck in their minds is making them rather thick-headed and numbskulled. Taking a respective approach to this situation...would have to entail some aggression...alright...I just hope this situation can finally come to and end..."

Without raising his head he glanced over at Zeri, checking to see what he would do next before he swiped on his menu, turning and beginning to walk towards the three players behind him. As his Grand Chariot armor formed around him he made his way, except his walk was different. Rather than a calm, light step, each one gave a louder sound, like he was stamping his foot into the ground. With each step he made sure the spiraling chains shot out, creating a small crater about three inches in radius around each step. As the chains shot out they created and even louder noise, as if a shotgun were going off with each step. His arms were still surrounded by the violently spinning light aura chains.

Calrex was creating a menacing presence as he made his way over. Since it seemed like no one was going to back down, in this situation he deemed it unfortunately necessary. As he stepped past X he didn't even turn to face him, merely speaking as he passed by, "You cooled off now?" His tone was not calm, but lower and harsher sounding, as if any possible empathy in him had decided to check out. Without even losing stride he kept his pace.

"Didn't think I would have to create a tough guy personality to respond to a situation..."

He stopped as he got about halfway between Kotori and X, standing slightly to the left so that he could keep all of the current people in view. He kept the chains spiraling like crazy around his arms and legs, as if primed to strike. Going from what he could gather both Zeri and X, for one reason for another, decided to want to attack Kotori. X, after his previous attack, seemed to have finally decided to chill, although Zeri he was not yet sure. Teayre was by her side, so that would be fine, but what was needed was no longer a negotiator, but a deterrent.

Even though he was to the side, Calrex made sure the ferocity in his stance was obvious. He stood still, like a fortress. At this point the chains were rotating rapidly enough that it sounded like the inside of a clocktower, only louder and sped up. He didn't utter a word, but he was primed, ready, waiting for the trigger.

The message was clear: Should Anyone else decide to try and attack another person here, he would engage them in battle.

However, should the situation finally defuse, no action would be taken on his part.

Zeri watched as X dashed past Calrex and Teayre and hit Kotori, which knocked her out. At that moment, everything inside of Zeri was yelling for him to go over there, and he almost did. But with every ounce of strength he could muster, Zeri forced himself to stay where he was.

Soon Zeri saw a very angry Calrex went over to where the group was to confront X. "Let them kill each other. Less people to aggravate me." Zeri thought to himself.

Then he wondered if anyone would come to where he was at. "I hope none of 'them' come over to me. I don't need any more aggravation right now. Sometimes I wonder why I even be around other people, to keep myself from getting lonely. I want to be alone. Heh, I could care less about anybody else. Hell I could care less about what happens to me. So why do I be around them. Is it because something inside me doesn't want to be alone? I'll figure it out sooner or later."

After that, Zeri laid back on the tree he was on, took a deep breath and said, "Maybe I could get a few minutes rest" before he closed his eyes and tried to take a nap.

My neck heeled closed and everyone around me began yelling. Teayre about me punching her and calrex was still trying to council me. I then looked down at kotori who was waking up. However everyone kept yelling and it spawned a new source of anger from inside.

"Ahhhhh F*ck you!!!!!!!" I screamed out of annoyance as I began sprinting to a tree.

I punched it twice and then sent it flying with a kick. And then rampaged over two more trees and grabbed one out of the ground and hurled it forward creating a new clearing. During my deforestation anger management the snow kicked up so much it created a snow globe blizzard around my area of destruction. I then stood there in the middle as the snow cleared and seemingly returned to it's gentle falling state. I breathed heavily and the steam from my mouth showed twice as thick as normal.

"I feel... Better..." I said in an exausghted tone.

It was around this time Maruchan woke up and nonchalantly climbed up onto my shoulder. I then roughly scratched under his chin which he happily enjoyed. Then I looked up at the snow falling from the sky. After a few moments of spacing out and collecting my thoughts I looked back down at kotori. I then knelt down and made a perfect snowball while everything became silent.

ID:15087 BD:2

Then I lightly tossed the snowball which landed in front of kotori.

Corvus was cold. That was the first thought that entered his head, He was cold. As the shock of what happened began to subside, Corvus became more aware of his surroundings. His first observation was that he was in a tree. A very, very, tall tree. His second observation, he was at the top. For the final detail that began to come back to him, he hated heights. He then realized that he heard voices. Only a few. he grabbed his rapier's handle, and grasped it tightly. Looking around, he saw that he had a perfect view of a slight clearing with a few players. "Had I been spying on them?" Corvus asked himself. Deciding hastily, Corvus began his descent down the tree. Near the bottom, a branch he put too much weight on had snapped putting him in a free fall for the last 3 or 4 meters. He landed in clear view of the clearing with a loud THUD, knocking him near unconscious. 

As Zeri was sleep, he was in a nightmare. It was the same one that was playing in his head over and over again.

Zeri was walking home from school one evening from staying after school to do something. "Maybe when I get home, I might actually watch that new movie I brought. But I suppose I should go buy some popcorn to watch the movie with." Then all of a sudden, he heard voices from behind him. "Hey punk! How about you give us what you got and you can go about your day." Zeri turned around to see 3 thugs was trying to thug him. "I don't think so. I kind of need this more than you do." Then one of the thugs pulled out a pocket knife ad said to Zeri, "You starting to make me angry kid. Now I'm only going to say this one more now. Give me everything you have now before this knife goes across your throat." Zeri then started to back up, not knowing he was backing himself into a corner and said to them, "I said no! Why don't you go bother someone else." As soon as Zeri's back hit the wall, the thugs started to get closer and closed to him. Scared out of his mind, Zeri closed his eyes and the next thing he knew, the muggers was dead, there was blood all over Zeri's hands, face, clothes, and shoes. Now completely terrified, Zeri said, "W-what d-did I do!?"

Zeri then woke up completely terrified and crying a little, and clenched his chest. Then he checked to see if there was any blood on him, which there wasn't. Then Zeri heard a thud which brought him out of his trance.

Zeri then quickly wiped the tears from his eyes and went over to where the noise came from. There he saw a player who was barely conscious and dragged him to the tree that he was at earlier. He then stared at the player for a moment before he went back to sleep again.

Corvus opened his eyes. A few feet away, he could see a player sleeping. Sleeping!? In the freezing forest? On the fourth floor? Corvus started to sit up, but the snow beneath him gave a load crunch. Worried he would wake the other up, he stayed still and looked at his surroundings. He saw a few others not so far away. Corvus realized that if they meant harm he would be dead by now. Knowing there was no danger, Corvus leaned his head back and began to sleep. 

Hunching over the girl she cradled in her arms Teayre continued to sob, rocking back and forth as her tears began to form into ice crystals the shattered as they landed on Kotori’s face.  

“Wake up Kotori, come on wake up… Don’t prove me wrong come on Kotori… WAKE UP Oneechan WAKE UP!â€

Not seeing any sign of movement from Kotori, Teayre gently places her down resting her carefully as she returns her hands to her lap a small plop gave away a snowball which she ignored. Brushing the hair out of Kotori’s eyes. Teayre looks down at the girl her tears still falling quickly.

“I’m not… CALLIE!â€

As Teayre curls over bringing her knees up to her chest she calls out to her boyfriend as she adjusts her position. Moving so that she is sat next to Kotori one hand stroking the girls forehead the other wrapped around her arms.

“Beleram, keep an eye on her please… I don’t want to see anyone go.â€

Breathing heavily she begins to fiddle with the hilt of her Katana, tracing the golden eagle’s head with one finger as she rocks back and forth tracing a snake on Kotori’s head with her other finger.

“Do I or don’t I? Do I or don’t I? I’ll wait… Wait and see… Yes let’s wait and see. If something else happens I will… Can’t take risks…. Can’t lose her again. No no no no no can’t lose her again.â€

As a thud comes from over where Zeri is positioned Teayre’s head flicks up sharply glancing over her eyes narrow, as she saw a man land on the ground and look around noticing someone near him and then glancing over at them before going back to sleep. Her blade was whipped out of its sheathe as she turned her back on X eyeing up this newcomer. She stays rigid in her position by Kotori and shouts over to the stranger, sighing as she notices the green crystal she returns her blade to its sheathe keeping one hand on it.

“Who are you?â€

“Why… Why today of all days do I have to remember her death… Her death at the hands of our very own father. Damnit! Now there’s that new guy over there, X seems to have calmed down… I think, Zeri… Well Zeri seems to be staying out of it. I can’t lose her she looks too much like her…â€

Corvus opened his eyes again. "Was the question pointed at him?"  He thought. "Of course it is. i should say something." "Im.... Corvus. And you?" He said hesitantly. Corvus wasn't sure if he should be worried that she had made a move for her weapon, but shrugged off the thought of danger. He suddenly remembered what took place only hours ago. Corvus's face broke into a grimace from the thought.

Kotori opened her eyes at the sound of a thud. She lifted her torso off the ground so that she was able to see around her. Teayre seemed to have put her in a position where she couldn't see the rest of group, most likely so that she didn't take anymore damage. She let out a loud sigh, before apologizing to Teayre for making her stress over her. She had set off X and it wasn't right for the girl to suffer for that. Kotori now stood up and stretched her arms, tired from the long day. That bench from before was lookin quite nice now. Then she noticed a boy to the right of Teayre. "Where did he come from?" she wondered. (OOC: Zeri and Corvus, either wait your turn or leave and make an rp together. Its getting annoying now.)

OOC: Alright guys I'll edit and add my reply when i get home, but for now we're establishing the posting order. Please refrain from posting out of turn and give the other players a chance to post. Here's the order, going by order of entry into the topic:
Kotori
Calrex
Zeri
X
Teayre
Corvus

IC:

"Alright, it looks like things are finally settling down a little. Hopefully I can trust Teayre to not let things get out of hand again with this newcomer..."

As X walked off and decided to punch a bunch of trees to let out his frustration Calrex breathed a calming sigh, his menacing appearance beginning to soften. First the aura chains spiraling like mad around his arms and legs slowly until almost still before vanishing in bursts of crystal light. After giving a few more breaths he relaxed his position.

After another breath he swiped on his menu, replacing his Grand Chariot armor with his casual combat clothing. He placed his hands in his jacket pockets as he moved over towards Teayre and Kotori, hearing the new player introduce himself as Corvus.

"Since he addressed Teayre I'll wait for her to give her response before determining whether to speak or not."

As he reached the trio he went over to the tree Kotori was laying against, kneeling down next to her, "You doing alright? You knocked out for a minute or two there."

After getting a few minutes of sleep, Zeri decided to wake up. After a very long yawn, Zeri rubbed his eyes as he looked at the player, who was named Ourian, he brought to the tree with him. After a blank stare, Zeri took his precious time to make his way to the group to see how things was. After looking around for a moment, Zeri saw that Kotori had finally awaken from her own little nap. Zeri then gave Kotori a blank stare, the exact blank, emotionless stare he gave Ourian a few moments ago, and said to her "I see you are awake."

The player I've noticed in a far tree the whole time has just now decided to show his face. I didn't like this guy from our first encounter which was the time Crozeph ruined my show. I mean seriously grabbing at his sword like that. What the hell is a low leveled player like him gonna do. I think if he hasn't leveled since then I could kill him with one punch.

"Hey you there Corvus or whatever, I don't know you, I don't like you, I don't trust you. However kotori's weak right now so the next person who unseathes a blade is gonna fight me." I said while staring directly at the player in question.

I was hoping everyone else was on board with this system of mine as it is the safest for kotori. Speaking of I should probably make up for the whole knocking her out thing.

"(Sharp whistle) yeh go find something." I order maruchan as he went dashing off into the brush.

15122 LD: 7+3=10 no chest

Maruchan came back and whimpered a little bit which I knew what meant.

"Sh*t really?... Well, aleight then just go over to her and act cute or something." I told my pup as his eyes lit up with excitement.

Maruchan then ran over kotori panting and wagging his tail waiting for her to pet him or pick him up.

As Corvus’ face broke into a grimace Teayre looks him over, her head tilting slightly before she sighs and removes her hand from the sculpted gold cast eagle and crosses her arms.

“I’m Teayre, what brings you around here? As X said if you so much as touch your blade he won’t be the first one to draw his weapon. We’re friends here, or at least I’d like to hope so despite getting off to a bad start.â€

A small patch of snow began to move as wings flapped out, a snowy eagle about the size of a small dog had taken flight and headed over to Corvus. Landing just in front of him the eagle tentatively stepped forwards watching the eyes of the newcomer before hopping onto his shoulder.  “Beleram…†Teayre sighs, her hands rubbing her temples as the eagle clambers up and sits down on Corvus’ head. “Just so you know that’s Beleram, he’s… Friendly most of the time.â€

ID: 15152

BD: 10

As Kotori started to wake up Teayre turned round and crouched back down next to her. As the younger girl began to fuss over causing Teayre stress, Teayre remained quiet for a while as Kotori stood up. Rising to her feet as well Teayre taps Kotori on the shoulder looking her dead in the eye before slapping the taller girl across the face and then embraces her in a hug. A few tears fall from her face as she smiled and began to quietly lecture the girl.

“You stupid girl! Next time you are going to lose your temper talk to me first alright? I don’t want you getting severely hurt again. Damnit Kotori, just be careful alright? I know you might not care about turning into a red player but be damned it’s safer being a green, you forgo –all- rights you once had as a red player and are fair game to anyone. I’m sorry for slapping you, but you were stupid.â€

Stepping back she looks the girl in the eye again smiling, as Kotori mentions the boy Teayre looks back over to him.

“I’m not sure where he came from, I heard a thud and his names Corvus he’s come in at a bad time though but we’ll see. He seems friendly enough however.â€

As Calrex made his appearance next to the two girls Teayre turns round and quickly hugs him.

“I’m… I’m sorry for losing it Callie… She… She reminded me of the person I held when our father…â€

Looking up she gazes into Calrex’s eyes before breaking contact and turning back to face Kotori.

“I couldn’t see if happen again… It’d be… It’d be too painful.â€

Breathing in deeply Teayre lets out an almighty sigh before flopping back down on the ground, wiping her face with one sleeve and leans back against the tree watching Zeri make his way over, her fingers start to fiddle with the hilt of her weapon again. She muttered to herself under her breath.

“I’m itching… God damnit why am I getting this itch. It’s telling me to… I want to but… No Teayre come on now it’s fine.â€

As X began to threaten Corvus and anyone who ever unsheathes a blade next she lets out a sharp laugh, her fingers twitch as her menu comes up. Selecting X she shoves herself off of the ground and slowly walks over to X as his small dog runs past. Chuckling to herself at the energy within the creature she taps the hilt of her blade.

“So X, if about that duel… What do you say? A half life one for kicks or would you prefer first strike? I know there aren’t any monster spawns around this lake so we’d be safe enough for a half life one, and if anything does spawn we have enough high level players to take care of most things on this floor I think.â€

Chuckling to herself she looks up to meet the boys eyes, coming to a stop a little way from him Teayre leans on her right leg her right hand on her hip as she grips the hilt of her blade with her left. Her lips turned up at one corner whilst a small glint could be seen in the girl’s eyes.

Corvus looked at the odd red headed girl, not sure if he should be trusting. Finally deciding there wasn't any thing to worry about he responded. 

"Nice to meet you Teayre. If you don't mind me asking, but why are you all sleeping in the woods?"

Corvus looked around at the others, quickly looking away after seeing X. Corvus remembered him from the restaurant, and knew he wasn't a fan off newbies like himself. 

Corvus took another glance around at the others and noticed the dazed girl laying on her back. Without thinking, Corvus stood up and stumbled his way towards her and Teayre, not quit regaining his balance yet.

"Is she hurt? did something happen to her?"

Corvus stopped a few feet away and clumsily dropped to a kneel. He then began to search his inventory for healing related items, but failed to find anything that was of any real use. 

"I'm f-fine, I just need to get my bearings." Kotori answered as she slowly got on to her feet. The world still seemed a bit woozy and she needed to stand still in order to counter that. The hit from X had knocked her out for a few minutes, but she was able to recover slowly and awaken in time. After gaining her ground, she searched around to find the same boy in the middle of a pile of sticks and branchs. He must've gotten pretty mad after punching her in the stomach and most likely he was just letting off steam to calm himself down. For her sake, that was the best possible thing he could do for her. 

X came over from his rampage and took an immediate dislike to the new player in the small group, Corvus. It was as if the two were mortal enemies. To further this notion he started to defend Kotori, talking about how he would attack anyone who even so much as reaches for their weapon. That pushed a small button in her mind. "Honestly X, I don't why you are even opening your mouth at this moment. You are the reason I got hurt in the first place. Even though Zeri threatened me, he never laid a finger on me." Kotori spoke towards the volatile player.

Teayre was the last one to welcome her back in the land of the conscious people. Almost immediately after Kotori answered out towards X, she embraced her and began to cry. She felt regretful immediately about her action and lashing at the boy. She had been stupid, rash, and suicidal in the sense that she could've been marked an orange player. "I'm s-sorry. I just didn't think before I acted out.. I do deserved to get slapped, so thanks.." Then Teayre asked X if they could duel then, infuriating Kotori.

Kotori immediately got in front of both Teayre and X. "You'll fight over my dead body." she shouted out, furious that anybody could even think about engaging in combat after the situation that just happened. For one, she had gotten knocked unconscious by a raging a player and now these two just wanted to engage in a duel. It disgusted her in so many ways possible.

As the scene began to proceed in front of him Calrex gave a sigh as Kotori regained her senses and got to her feet, giving a nod, "Good to hear."

As he stood up he made note of the new player, giving a nod as he walked over, "Corvus was it? I'm Calrex, nice to meet you. The girl you're concerned about should be alright. There as a little bit of a fiasco before you showed up, but right...hopefully...it's beginning to wind down."

As Teayre approached X, speaking about the duel Kotori suddenly jumped over, saying she didn't want them to. As she did Calrex excused himself, going over and tapping her on the should, "Kotori, it's alright. It's not the fighting that was the problem earlier. It was the reasoning for the conflict. A duel is perfectly fine unless it's under Total Loss conditions. Half-Life and First Strike are more...forms of practice and a way of venting than a match to the death."

He stepped alongside her as he gave Teayre a nod, "Duels are actually fairly commonplace, as long as they are under the conditions I just stated. For now go ahead and take a breather. You'd be surprised how often this happens in SAO. It's not exactly logical, but with the way things are it's not unusual."

Zeri looked at Kotori as she got up and got herself together. Then out of nowhere, Teayre slaps Kotori and then expressed her concern over her. "Wow. Everybody cares so much about Kotori, compared to me, nobody even cares." Zeri thought to himself. Then Zeri took out his blade, and looked at Kotori, Calrex, Teayre, and X and said, "Do I even deserve to be here all by myself." Then Zeri took off into the forest. As he got farther into the woods, Zeri thought about ending it here and now, but something stopped him, something on the ground in front of him. Zeri picked it up and looked at it and saw that it was some sort of ore and decided to keep it. Then forgetting about taking his own life, he slowly made his way back out of the forest, with the ore clenched in his hand and looked at Teayre, Calrex, Kotori, and X once more with the blade in his other hand.

ID: 15224 LD: 19 (found loot)

+1 mat

I selected the half loss duel and waited for the sixty second timer to start. W-wait sixty seconds! Who the hell set this thing to sixty seconds?!?! That's a rediculously long amount of time to wait fors duel to start. However then kotori hopped in between us threatening us not to fight.

"Oh? Showing concern for the safety of your boyfriend who hit you? You just might be more insane than I am hahaha!" I joked while walking up to kotori.

"Here maruchan will watch you." I said as I placed the pup on the girls head.

I then turned back to Tearye as the timer was nearing its end. In the few seconds I had remaining I tightened my wraps and cracked my fingers. Then the timer went off and quickly rushed behind teayre.

"As the challenged allow me to draw first strike." I said as I placed my hand behind her ear.

15285 BD: 5+1-1=5 miss

I then placed my middle finger behind my thumb creating pressure. When I realesed finger flick attack mark IV I had missed by a hair.

"Look it's awesome when it hits alright!" I yelled as I backflipped away from teayre.

X: 39/39

Teayre: 44/44

(OC: as of now me and teayre are allowed to break turn order and go one at a time until the end of combat. The rest of you need to keep turn order with out us.)

ID: 15302

BD: 1 (You know I don’t think we’re meant to fight with these kinds of rolls xD)

“She’s alright now Corvus, well now she is. There was a spat and Zeri went off to sleep for a bit, Kotori… Well that’s for her to say if she wants to, now if you’ll excuse me I have business to attend to.â€

As the duel countdown started Kotori threw herself in between the pair Teayre stopped looking at her seeing the confusion in her eyes. Letting go of her weapon she walks up to Kotori smiling.

“Kotori, relax we’re not trying to kill each other I want to test his strength see if he actually has something of credit behind all those terrible pick up lines. If you really don’t want us to fight even though neither of us will die then I’ll surrender it.â€

Beleram screeched as he flew in and landed on Kotori’s shoulder and began nattering in her ear. Looking around Teayre saw Calrex move closer and explain to Kotori about the specifics of the duel. Taking a step back Teayre feels someone pressing against her head she tilts her head forward slightly as she hears X’s voice.

"Look it's awesome when it hits alright!"

Chuckling she pivots on her foot her right hand shooting to the hilt, she half drew the blade before having one last look over at Kotori, returning her blade to her hilt she relaxes her body. Standing still one hand on her hip she sighs.

“I mean it Kotori if you want this to stop I’ll let X win. I’m sure it’s a good move X but you need to try harder than that m’dear.â€

As she spoke to Kotori Teayre’s voice was soft and quiet as soon as she mocked X it became condescending and joking, as a small wicked smile came to her lips.

X: 39/39
Teayre: 44/44