[PP-F2] Flying With The Clouds (Teayre)

A soft breeze passed through the woods as Kotori laid down in the grass, watching the clouds go by in breaks through the floor two forest treetops. She was alone for miles and miles, at least to her knowledge. Many would think she enjoyed this separation from the rest of society, but she was alone because she had no friends. Nobody to talk to. Nobody to fight with. Not even a familiar to keep her company. In truth, Kotori was lonely. As the years went by in the real life world, after what had happened, she grew lonely and depressed. In order to not look weak and not be betrayed as she was so many years ago, Kotori put on a tough exterior shell as if she didn't like people and was a loner. It was in fact the opposite. Although thinking about it didn't change it, so Kotori just looked up.

Maybe.. if she jumped off the cliff nearby, maybe she could fly. Be with the clouds and be at peace. Just maybe. At that moment, Kotori lifted herself off the ground and began to almost stagger over to the rocky cliffs. Down below was nothing, and it was all void. That wasn't what she was looking at. She was looking at the clouds, so far yet so close. Kotori finally reached the edge, almost touching the clouds. She was able to feel the breeze, and at that moment she felt alive. She wanted that moment to last forever, and she began to ready herself to jump. Maybe now she would get her peace.

Teayre let out a sigh as Beleram soared up high above, riding the breeze that careened through the forest. His screech echoed throughout the area as Teayre let out a soft chuckle to herself.  It had been this very floor in which she’d first met him, of course he was happy. It was to be expected he was returning home wasn’t he? Her eyes glanced around the woods not spotting any monsters she relaxed her grip on her blade.

“I wonder if there’s anyone around here, it’s usually a quiet place… It seems quieter than usual though, the birds aren’t chirping like normal… Beleram, come on down please.â€

Her voice carried up to the eagle who quickly began his decent however instead of going towards Teayre he went a short way ahead of her. Picking up the pace she ran forwards letting out another sigh, rubbing her head with her hand.

“Who has he seen that made him do that, hopefully I’ll catch him before he becomes a nuisance.â€

As she broke through the barrier in the trees she noticed a girl stood on the edge of a cliff before her. The girl’s head was uplifted as Teayre could see her chest slowly rise and fall. Chuckling to herself she begins to step forward as she saw Beleram fly rise up from the cliff edge right in front of the girl. Dashing forwards Teayre’s eyes widen in surprise, before she stops as Beleram circles round and tries to perch on the girls shoulder. Standing with her arms crossed she glowers at the taller girl, tapping her foot.

“Kotori! Just what the hell are you doing?!â€

Kotori looked backwards, almost instantaneously. Teayre, a girl she had met a few days ago was standing there. "I w-wasn't doing anything, I was just um.. appreciating the um.. landscape." She answered, not wanting to admit what she was about to do. It was obvious, but still Kotori denied attempting to end herself. She backed away from the cliffside, not wanting to accidently fall while talking or anything like that. Quietly, Kotori sighed as she looked back at the cliffside. If she hadn't been interrupted, she would've been dead at this very moment. Kotori shuddered at that thought. How could have she left herself do this? "Actually, its exactly how you saw it.. I was going to jump." She admitted, in a sad tone.

ID: 15026

BD: 2

Beleram squawked as he gently pecked at Kotori’s ear, Teayre rushed over to her. She raised her hand and sent it flying towards Kotori, however Beleram was in the way and she ended up striking her familiar.

“BELERAM! DAMNIT, Beleram I’m sorry!â€

The eagle chirped irritably at Teayre as it dug its talons in to Kotori to remain on her shoulder. Teayre took the girls hand a pulled her back towards the edge. Pointing out to the cliff opposite them.

“Do you see that spot Kotori? It’s where I first met Beleram, he was a chick he had just hatched and you know what the first thing he did was? He ate the meat I offered him and then jumped on my shoulder and like he is on yours now and nibbled my ear.†Chuckling to herself she places her hand on Kotori’s other shoulder, “Look at me, Kotori. Everyone deserves to live no matter what they’ve been through. Even if they’ve hurt others they deserve to live, they deserve to feel the pain the caused others sevenfold. Now tell me why did you want to jump?â€

Guiding the girl back towards the forest Teayre looks at her, she looked like she was about to cry. Her eyes softened was this how she was before Calrex? Although she had met him on the first day of the game she often wondered about what could happen.

“Look I know we don’t really know each other well, tell you what shall I go first?â€

Kotori slightly smiled as Beleram pecked at her ear. The eagle seemed to sympathize with her in a way, if that was even possible. She had never had a pet of any kind, although she did enjoy the company of animals. Teayre brought her back to the forest, away from the cliffs, away from the clouds. The girl in sense had brought her back from the dead, away from a place of no return. Then the player explained to her that everyone deserves to have a chance to live. That wasn't it. Kotori didn't want to die, she wanted to be at peace. She wanted to fly. Teayre was right however. She was going to jump and end it. 

"Now tell me why did you want to jump?"

"I..." Kotori stammer, trying to come up with an answer, but falling short of one. She didn't have one. There was no answer, all she was going to do was fall and die. End it there with no reason for doing so. It was pointless making an answer for something that didn't have one.

“Look I know we don’t really know each other well, tell you what shall I go first?â€

Kotori nodded, she didn't want to say anything at the moment. It would've been best for Teayre to talk first, Kotori wasn't really in the mood to do any talking. All she could do was listen as Teayre started to talk.

Chuckling to herself at the girls hesitation, she sat down leaning her back against a tree and closing her eyes before laying her katana across her lap.

"You know, you remind me of my little sister? She would have been 17 when I entered SAO in fact the release date was her birthday.†Sighing Teayre began to feel her eyes getting wet.

“It’d be nice if you could control your tears in this game but there’s no chance so I may as well just go with the flow.â€

“We used to do everything together, although my parents always spoiled her. Any wrong doings where my fault no matter what age we were. In school things weren’t much better she was the ‘perfect’ child and I was the troublemaker. In fact she caused more trouble than she realised and I covered for her as much as I could… One day though one day something happened… My father caught my sister doing something she shouldn’t off and well… Things didn’t go well I’ve not seen her since and my life got even worse since then. Quite simply I came to SAO to escape all of that. Ironic really, I’ve escaped it all too well.â€

Chuckling to herself she cracks her eyes open looking over at Kotori she sighs.

“That was when I was thirteen. After that things got much worse for, which I didn’t think was possible. I wasn’t shunned, I wasn’t bullied I was treated as if I didn’t exist, do you know how painful it can be when not one person acknowledges your existence?†Shrugging to herself she sighs again nestling into the tree.

“Do you remember when we first met? I mentioned about getting a close friend to help you? The first time I found someone like that was inside this game. I fell over in front of him and he helped me up, he recognised me as a person simple as that and from there it’s kind of taken off.â€

Looking into Kotori’s eyes Teayre smiled warmly at her, Beleram hopping off to sit in the lower branches of the trees.

“So what’s your story? You can tell me how perfect your life is, spin a tale of some young heartthrob who hurt you, or if you hurt him depending on how X was going or tell me the truth, I’m not going to bat an eyelid what you say. I’m just here to listen, oh and if you want to kill yourself don’t hesitate next time. It makes things worse.†

Kotori sat down and laid against a tree directly opposite of Teayre. Her life was a lot like Kotori's, save for a few parts. She was ignored by other kids, who didn't want to have any part with her and it was basically a miserable experience. "I do know what its like to almost not exist in other people's eyes." she answered, thinking back to her real world life. Teayre continued to talk about how Calrex lifted herself from the deep hole of loneliness. Then she asked about Kotori's life. Kotori's eyes glazed over immediately, it was something she never talked about with another person.

"I had a miserable life. My mother died when she gave childbirth and my father was never at home. The only people who truly raised me was this couple, they were both servants. If anything, they were my parents. At school, I thought I was popular until I figured out that nobody really liked me. It was just cause of my wealthy background.. Maybe if I hadn't reacted so badly I wouldn't have driven away everyone. Doesn't matter, nobody talked to me ever again. I'm alone now." Kotori finished.

Pointing at the white eagle just above them and then at herself, maintaining eye contact with Kotori Teayre notices how the girls eyes seem to fade away as she began speaking. Her own eyes softening as she stood up and moved to sit beside the girl.

â€œDoes it look like you’re alone Kotori? You’re the same as me, Calrex, Oikawa, Oske, Celesmeh, X and all the others who are trapped inside this game. We’re all here together whether we like it or not.â€

Pausing for a moment Teayre sighed before extending her arm around Kotori and gently hugging her, before letting go.

“If no one talked to you ever again, why am I talking to you now? It’s tough to get over something so easily I get that besides you look your age and are quite pretty.  You’ve got it better than me.â€

Smiling at the girl Teayre began to chuckle, whistling to Beleram who jumped down from the branch he was perched on and settled into her lap as she began to stroke him.

“Do you remember what I said when we first met? How about it your wealth means nothing here except that it got you trapped in a game and has caused you a miserable life so far so that’s not going to mean a thing. From what I can see you’re a sweet girl Kotori, even you ever need a shoulder to cry on just ask okay? If you want something in return well I can give you gossip about Calrex if you like?â€

Giggling to herself, she lifted Beleram to her shoulder and turned kneeling beside Kotori placing a hand on her head Teayre rubs, whilst her snowy eagle takes the opportunity to slip across onto Kotori’s shoulder and rubs his head against hers.

“I know you have at least one friend though.â€

• 3 weeks later...

Kotori gave slight smile at the fact that she had at least one friend. Teayre had helped her out so much and just plain was a great person. She was someone who would help others out when somebody they loved died, somebody who was there to be the light at the end of the tunnel when someone was depressed and so many others thing. Teayre brought her back from a place that she never expected to be taken from. She had gone to a dark place, an area of her mind where she actually contemplated suicide for whatever stupid reason she wanted to do so which at this point she had completely forgotten about. All that mattered was that she was no longer alone as she once was and now she had people to share companionship. It felt so good that Kotori began to think that this game wasn't so bad after all. Sure, she could die in here and die in real life but she could actually turn over a new leaf and began new life in the game. She was going to do just that. First though, she needed to take up her friend's offer. It was okay to cry and that's exactly why Kotori began to tear up as she sat next to Teayre. Although one would think she was crying of sadness, but in fact she doing so out of joy and complete utter happiness.

As Teayre rubbed Kotori’s head some more she noticed that the girl was beginning to cry, gently Teayre reached across and pulling Beleram off of the girl place him in a low hanging branch giving the eagle a stern look. Kneeling back down Teayre wraps her arms around Kotori pulling her into a deep hug smiling down at her.

“Silly what you blubbing for? Tell you what shall we go to an area I went to before on this floor? It’s very pretty there although we’ll have to trek to the other side of the floor, we’ve got all the time in the world. Isn't that right nee-chan?â€

Standing up Teayre looked down offering her hand out to the sobbing girl, a small smile on her face she stood comfortably her eyes soft.

Kotori wiped her eyes with his arms, her tears coming to end as she accepted Teayre's hand and got up herself. She was over her loneliness, which never in a single moment ever truly existed. There was no reason to jump off that cliff so she had no reason to even look at said cliff. Instead, she was more focused on doing something with her friend. "N-nothing. I have nothing else to do so we should go there." she answered in between rubs. Nodding her head, she gestured in a way the informed the girl to begin leading the way. Today was going to be a good day, Kotori could just feel as she stood still in the wind, listening to the grass rustling.

ID: 16053

BD: 8 (Grab successful)

LD: 13

Giving Kotori a wicked smile Teayre walked to the edge of the cliff she had just stopped her from jumping off. Looking back at the girl Teayre extends her hand waiting for Kotori to take it. “We have to get down from this cliff and considering you were thinking of jumping, well I thought we might jump together.†A slight glint came into Teayre’s eyes as she leant forwards a touch more grabbing Kotori around the waist slinging her onto her back as she dived off the cliff. “Hold on tight!†Drawing her katana as they span she managed to use it to slow their descent enough that as they landed Teayre rolled with Kotori causing the duo to take no damaged. Standing up she brushes herself down, flashing Kotori another treacherous grin. “Well now, that wasn’t too bad was it?†

• 1 year later...

"So...what was I doing here again?"

As Calrex continued to make his way along the roads of the second floor he gave a small sigh, keeping his hands in his jacket pockets, "I probably should be training right now, but I guess some R&R is always good."

However, his train of thought was broken as he looked over and saw two people sliding their way down the massive side of a mountain, feeling a bead of sweat form on the side of his head. Pulling up his friend tracker he recognized both the people, "The heck are they doing?!"

Quickly rushing over to where they landed the bluenette gave a sigh of relief as he saw Teayre and Kotori come into view, "Geezes you two alright? That looked like a rather large drop."

Baldur saw what could only be some kind of suicide pact being carried out in the distance. "No!" Baldur shouted, but he was too far away to be heard. He started rushing forward, he didn't know why, but maybe if he got there in time there was something he could. Maybe falling damage like that was percentile based instead of raw flat damage. He had never risked jumping from something high enough in order to find out. As he burst through the next copse of trees, he saw someone hundreds of yards ahead of him racing up to the girls. The figure looked familiar, but everyone seemed to be okay.

Letting out a head breath, and then bending over to rest on his knees while he caught his breath, Baldur remembered that he couldn't get out of breath here. Quickly standing up, and embarrassed blush on his face, he began to turn and walk away, thankful that he was too far away to be seen.

Teayre chuckled as her husband came into sight. “You know me Cal, I’m fine with my sprint and acrobatics skill.” Running over to her boyfriend the red head wraps her arms around him and quickly kisses his cheek. “I was planning on taking Kotori to the High Fields.” Turning the red head looks about, her brunette friend had disappeared. “What the…” A small rock tumbles down from the mountain, looking up Teayre catches a glimpse of someone turning away from the precipice that herself and Kotori had just come down. “What are you doing here anyways Cal?”  

As Teayre came over the bluenette gave a smile as she gave him a tight embrace coupled with a kiss on the cheek, tinging red at the act, "Oh, that's good to hear. I'm guessing things didn't really go through then? I was just kind of wandering around here, just kind of relaxing on this floor until I saw you two go plummeting off the hillside."

One hand he wrapped around her waist, while his other hand gently brushed the back of her hair, "Too bad I didn't get a chance to say hi to Kotori before she took off. Was there anything you had planned after your excursion? Since we're here we can always take a trip around the shops or something while we're here."

“You want to go around the shops with me. Again. After the last time?” Teayre muttered to her husband, “I mean seriously Cal I’m sure I’ve been buying us out of house and home.” The red head continued. Her hand resting on the golden hilt of the Oikawa Kanashiki, playing with the sculpted eagle’s head. “We could always practise.” She adds, burying her head into the bluenette’s letting out a pleasurable sigh as he strokes her hair.  “Shall we head to the High Fields for now? Enjoy ourselves a bit Callie?” Rubbing her nose against his chest she gently pushes back taking his hand, pulling on it before waiting for an answer.

"Heh, that is true. I guess we probably should take it easy on the spending. We're not exactly under a steady source of income just yet."

With a smile Calrex watched as Teayre stepped back, grabbing hold of his hand to take him towards the High Fields of Crossing. It wasn't long ago when the two first made their excursion there, but it was still a relaxing place to be, "Sure, sounds like a good idea to me. We can always do some sparring when we get there right? I'm always up for spending some time with you."

Putting his free hand into his jacket pocket his grasped hand gently closed to tighten the grip that the redhead was placing on his as he walked at pace with her.

“We’re not. It’s a shame, and the housing system isn’t active yet, at least not until the twelfth floor I think” Teayre replied to her husband. Resting her head on his shoulder as they walked along the floor the mountains towering high above them. Beleram let out a loud screech as he circled around before landing on his mistresses’ shoulder. “Honestly I’d swear you’re more like a parrot than an eagle.” The red head giggled. Her fingers interlocked with her boyfriend’s. Her eagle on her shoulder. The sun shining down. What could go wrong? Finally the couple had made it to the High Fields, the safe zone around them, the flowers that made the grass appear as if it was a fireworks display.

"Yeah. Once that system does get unlocked we need to start thinking about where we would like to set up shop. We've only unlocked a tenth of the hundred floors, so I'm sure there's many other themes for the other ninety that might be amazing to have a house in."

As they ascended the hill the bluenette looked over as Teayre's eagle familiar landed on her shoulder, giving a smirk at the bird, "Well as long as he doesn't start copying what we say I think we'll be alright."

Putting his other hand into his jacket he looked forward to see they had arrived once again at the High Fields of Crossing, seeing the welcoming sight of the scenery as he gave a small sigh of relief, looking back at the redhead, "In any case we're in no rush right? Let's make sure to take it easy, amidst all of the battle's we'll have to be doing to get out of here."