[PP:F4] Ice Golem Extermination <Avalanche> (Calrex & Teayre)

As Teayre went around her shop tidying up she pondered some of the information that she’d recently gathered from the brokers, supposedly there was a respawning Field Boss somewhere on this floor in the form of a giant Ice Elemental. Sighing she looks over at Beleram before picking up the pot where all her pencils had spilt over the floor from where she had slept on her couch yet again, after all it was cheaper than sleeping in an inn. As she disappeared into the back room she heard the bell on her door go. “Just a minute, I’ve just put the kettle on for some more coffee or hot chocolate take a seat I won’t be long.†She hummed away to herself after opening her shop just the other day this would be the third customer she’d had.

"Teayre? How's things going with the new shop?"

Calrex stepped into the Amethyst Boutique as his outfit changed from his Grand Chariot armor back to his casual combat clothing. He ruffled his blue hair as he looked around before he saw her enter into the room, a smile coming across his face. "Here do you need a hand?"

He looked around and noticed some of the new additions from Teayre's creations, even seeing an item in her evaluation shelf. He walked over to her as he gave her a quick embrace and a kiss on the forehead.

“C-C-C-CAL! Don’t look at them… I kinda mucked up a bitâ€

Jumping onto her armchair Teayre tries to hide the couple of pictures that she’d drawn of Calrex that had gone wrong. A deep blush came across her face as her eyes were wide and her voice went high pitched and very fast. Sinking down in her chair she pulled the blanket draped across the back of it over her and hid from the boy.

“You’re going to hate me for them aren’t you…â€

Beleram flew off of his perch and grasping the throw with his talons he began to pull it off, Teayre grabbed it doing her best to keep it on but eventually let go and hid her face in her hands.

As Teayre became and embarrassed and tried to hide the pictures before wrapping herself in her blanket in her chair Calrex raised a hand to his mouth as he stifled a laugh, "Silly, you think I'd be mad about those. They look just nice, and I'm flattered that you decided to use me as your topic for them."

He walked over to her chair and smiled as he pulled down the blanket just enough to reveal her face as he gave her a kiss on the lips, "But I think you'd be a much better person to draw in my opinion..."

As he spoke his face suddenly became covered in a blush as he put a hand behind his head, "T-That was waaay too smooth-sounding!"

"I-In any case how are things going?"

As Calrex manages to steal a kiss she looks up at him, blushing. “Y-you really think so? Maybe we can get a portrait of the pair of us when we get a married… The shops going okay, I’ve had an order from Ariel, which are the chess pieces and I’ve had another from a guy for a pendant.†Smiling she hugs Calrex, getting up she gently pushes him down onto the sofa as she pours the hot chocolate out giving him her mug which is considerably bigger than the one she uses for guests, helping herself to one of the other mugs she carries on speaking sipping away.

â€œIt’s not the best but I’d thought it’ll help me relax when working… It does, I’ve also heard about an Ice Golem on this floor I’d like to go take care of. Would you mind… I mean I know you’re busy…â€

"An ice golem..."

"Wait...is she referring to..."

"You mean Avalanche?"

Calrex took a small sip of the cocoa, expecting it to be hot since it was fresh off the kettle. As he felt the chocolaty richness spread over his tongue he gave a small sigh of contentment as he felt it warm him up, "It tastes amazing to me Teayre. As for the quest, if it's the one I'm thinking about I'd be happy to help. I actually fought Avalanche on my own previously, so with the two of us it shouldn't stand a chance."

"Of course...back then I tested myself by drawing the Grand Blade...and awakening that side of me that only manifested before in the golem fight during the Breaking the Unbreakable quest. It's powerful...but I still feel I should be careful with drawing it forth..."

He took another swig of the coca as he smiled, "And I'm not busy at all, especially if you need me."

Nodding Teayre takes another smaller sip of her drink smiling at Calrex.

“Yeah, that’s the one Callie. Shall we get a move on then? I mean when you’ve drunk your drink. That mug seems to last for ages, I use that one exclusively usually…â€

Blushing Teayre stands up her drink finished as she puts it on the table, quickly putting away the pencils that were spread out on the top of the coffee table she opens her menu equipping her red outfit and coat. The familiar golden eagle hilt was sticking out of a jet black scabbard in the corner of the shop as she walked over to it fixing it to her belt. “Right ready when you are.â€

"Really?"

As Teayre mentioned that she usually was the one to use the cup he was drinking from Calrex gave a smile, the thought of her sitting in the chair sipping hot cocoa causing the smile to stick.

"That's actually a really cute thing to think of..."

As he saw Teayre get herself ready he gave a nod as he quickly finished the dregs left within the cup before setting it on the table, making sure his Grand Armament was ready, although he would save equipping the Grand Chariot armor until they exited the shop. "Right, let's get going. I can brief you on what I know of Avalanche on the way."

In a flash of light the deep-sea blue gauntlets and sword appeared on his forearms and the back of his hip respectively. As the two exited the door his entire body became covered in the full-body armor that matched his weapons as he gave a nod.

ID: 15834

LD: 6

Just before the two left the shop Teayre wraps her arms around Calrex’s waist hugging him tightly as she tiptoes stealing a kiss from him. As she rocked back down onto the flat of her feet she nodded at him, her demeanour changing suddenly becoming much more stern, this was Teayre who was a guild officer of <<Absolute Pin>> first and foremost and Calrex’s partner second.

“Cal you know my rules for any combat, so let’s make a move.â€

Smiling at him she sets of out of the safe zone her eyes flicking around as she rounded a bend they came to a familiar clearing. Chuckling to herself she steps into it shrugging her shoulders as she waves at Calrex.

“Remember here? I still feel sorry for that dragon, I wonder if anything is still around here…â€

She began to look around on the ground as she finished her sentence not finding anything but loose stones and old sticks.

“Drat, all of its gone I was hoping I could find a couple of mats to use at my shop, well let’s get a move on.â€

As Calrex noticed Teayre's demeanor change he smirked underneath his helmet, "I guess I could call this her battle personality. It's no wonder she's Absolute Pin's Knight Piece."

"It's alright. You'll be getting some much more useful things from Avalanche. From what I remember the construct tends to be attracted towards other Ice Elementals roaming the fields. If we find them, we'll likely find Avalanche. Be careful though, his size is comparable to a large golem, big enough we could actually use him as a mound for rock climbing practice."

He gave a calming breath as he kept focused on the person in front of him before he scanned the area. As they came up on the top of a snowy hill he used his <<Reveal>> skill to help see through the cover that the snowfall was providing, "Looks like there's some Ie Elementals right of here. There's a large shadow at the edge of my ability's field of view. Most likely it's that."

He looked down at his Grand Blade as he gave a calming breath, "That was last time, when I was on my own. With Teayre here it shouldn't come to that."

ID: 15836

BD: 3 (2 + 1 ACC)

MD: 2 (4 -2 EVA)

Nodding at Calrex Teayre starts to sprint towards the area he pointed out, both her <Athletics> and <Sprint> abilities activated and she jumped spinning in the air her Katana being drawn at the same time as she slashes across at one of the elementals. The Oikawa Kanashiki hit the elemental but bounces off, landing Teayre skids across the frozen ground coming to a stop. The beast turned slowly raising its heavy fist it sends it crashing into the ground, jumping as shards of ice fly into the air Teayre kicks off of them calling out to Calrex whilst she was busy doing. “Switch!â€

HP LIST

Calrex: 67/67

Teayre: 57/57

Ice Elemental: 38/38

ID: 15850

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1) = 4

As Teayre targeted a nearby Ice Elemental Calrex kept his eyes on the looming shadow in the distance to see if it had begun to turn around. From what he could tell the shadow he figured was Avalanche would only active when one of the Ice Elementals was defeated, just like it was with him. He gave a calming breathing as Teayre switched out, rushing in. As he got into striking range he readied his fists as he rushed forward and delivered a hammer blow, only to feel it hit air as the Ice Elemental's construct body shifted to the side. He landed and leapt back, switching out, "Teayre be careful. These things are more agile than they look for their size. There seems to be some kind of property they have which allows those frozen construct bodies of theirs to stand on top of the snow rather than sinking in."

HP List

Enemies:

OC: Really -really- bad response I'll see if I can update it a little later to make better.

ID: 15851

BD: 4 (3 + 1 ACC)
MD: 5

The golem spun as Calrex went in for his strike as the missed the elemental its fist went flying in front of the boy, Teayre was already moving in her feet slapping on the snow when she misses her footing and is submerged. Keeping her katana low she starts to dig through the loosely packed snow she pauses for a moment waiting. Beleram was soaring overhead and dive bombed into Calrex knocking him downwards allowing the boy to avoid the fist that he would collided into.

“Cal, I’m doing something take him for now!â€

HP List

Enemies:

OOC: Haha no worries!

IC:

ID: 15852

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1) = 9

As Teayre requested for him to keep the Ice Elemental busy he nodded as he kept his eyes focused on it, "You got it."

He gave a calming breath before the light blue aura chains appeared around his arms, beginning to spiral and spin as he rushed forward. When he got into striking range of the Ice Elemental once again he leapt up, kicking off of its leg as he closed in on its chest, "If I remember correctly the actual spot where the main body is located lies in the chest area."

He thrust his fist forward, connecting a strong strike on the hunk of ice serving as the construct's upper torso, but not enough that it was a strike on its weak point. Calrex kicked off, landing back in the snow a few paces away, "How're looking over there Teayre? Need a hand getting out?"

HP List

Enemies:

Ice Elemental: 32/38

ID: 15853

BD: 9 (8 + 1 ACC)

MD: 4

Feeling her feet finally meet resistance she pointed her katana upwards and started spinning activating her <Acrobatics> skill Teayre leaps up from the Ice piercing through the elemental flipping before lightly landing on the snow flicking, flicking her hair back as she does so.

“Nope I’m good, although this guy looks a bit upset.â€

Flipping backwards a gust of wind catches her sending her further than she’d expected, looking back at her she saw the Elemental’s fist buried into the ground where she’d just been. Pivoting she starts to run away from the block of ice.

“That was close, Cal switch!â€

HP List

Enemies:

Ice Elemental: 24/38  8 DMG: (1 + 3 Skill + 2 Weapon + 2 Bleed) [bleed: 1 Turn Left]

ID: 15857

Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +1) = 3

As Teayre switched out Calrex immediately rushed in, quickly closing the distance between him and the Ice Elemental. He used the same approach as he did before, but unfortunately this time as he managed to kick up the construct rotated, easily moving out of the way of his flight path. He cursed under his breath as he completed the arc, landing in the snow before sliding a few paces, "Well, that didn't go any good. Teayre switch!"

He scanned across the horizon as he noticed the mass that he deemed to be Avalanche still had yet to budge. "So it does require we kill an Ice Elemental first. Alright then, at least we know the trigger for the boss event..."

HP List

Enemies:

Ice Elemental: 24/38

ID: 15898

BD: 8 (7 + 1 ACC)

MD: 10

The ice elemental let loose a piercing shriek as it suddenly moved quickly its foot colliding with Teayre, trapping her underneath it as it bashed Calrex away. Leaning over the small girl as her face starts turning and she gasps for breath the beast twists its foot as if it was doing nothing more than squishing an ant. Her Katana nearby by she reaches for it extending her fingers as they skim the edge of the hilt.

Raising its foot the elemental brings it smashing back down onto Teayre, dislodging her katana from where it was stuck Teayre manages to get a grip on it before driving it point down into the foot that pinned her. As the beast raised its foot again Teayre went with it this time, balancing carefully on her own sword as the frozen floor they were fighting on comes hurtling up towards them Teayre kicks off removing her blade from the creatures foot rolling as she lands in the snow keeping her guard low and simple as she eyed up her for.

“Cal, Switch! I'm fine.â€

HP List

Teayre: 54/57 3 DMG (1 Base + 2 Crit)

Enemies:

Ice Elemental: 16/38 8 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon + 1 Athletics + 2 Bleed) [bleed Ended]

ID: 15901

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1) = 9

"Teayre..."

As he saw her disappear underneath the construct's foot he felt the impact as the Ice Elemental knocked him away. As he landed on the ground he got to his feet as he gave a calming breath, turning to face the golem. As he exhaled his breathing seemed cold, like he was on a frozen tundra. But that quickly disappeared as Teayre got herself free and dealt a critical blow on the creature.

Calrex shook his head before he rushed back in, shifting left and right to avoid the construct's attacks as he quickly closed the distance, leaping up and dealing a drop kick to the construct's chest area before kicking off, landing alongside Teayre, "Alright, switch!"

HP List

Teayre: 54/57

Enemies:

Ice Elemental: 11/38

ID: 15903

BD: 6 (5 + 1 ACC)

MD: 7 (8 – 1 EVA)

Teayre had rolled away as Calrex landed by her a heavy blow from the ice elemental catching him full in the chest, smirking at Calrex Teayre lets out a small laugh. “Come on Callie, I know you can do better than that.†Jumping Teayre ran along the creatures arm before jumping and slicing the head of the elemental. Landing she hears the sound of shatter behind her, cocking her head so that she can see the icey form of the natural force had begun to gather crack lines all along it.

Straightening herself up, Teayre looks into the sky and seeing Beleram up there flying happily she returns her gaze to the foe in front of her at this very moment. “Cal!â€

HP List

Calrex: 66/67 1 DMG

Enemies:

Ice Elemental: 5/38 6 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon + 1 Athletics)

OOC: Lol you forgot about Thorns again! I'll get it XD

ID: 15906

Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +1) = 7

Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2) = 10

As Calrex looked at the attack he crossed his arms to prepare for the impact. As the blow landed on him his Grand Chariot's Thorn's ability activated as the impacted area began surrounded by the light blue aura chain's effect before shattering into shards, scratching the golem's surface before Calrex flipped and landed on his feet. He gave a small laugh as he heard Teayre remark about him getting hit, "Hey, there's a reason I have the Rook Piece. I can take a beating."

As Teayre warned him about the Ice Elemental's cracking surface his mind immediately recalled the ending attack of the creature. It was going to burst into its separate pieces, forming a torrent before flying at the player like a spiraling drill.

"It must go by...Teayre!"

Since Teayre was closer he already expected the attack to fly at her as he used his <<Sprint>> ability to dash forward, sliding in front of her. As he suspected the attack came flying at him. Giving a calming breath he focused as he unleashed a barrage of punches, knocking all of the excess ice chunks to the side.

As his eyes fell on the main part of the Ice Elemental he immediately leapt forward, slamming his fist into the piece, which shattered, along with all of the other pieces, into crystals. As he landed he gave a calming breath as he turned to Teayre, giving a thumbs up.

After that he immediately went on alert as he turned to see the looming shadow at the end of his <<Reveal>> skill's field of vision beginning to move, "Get ready Teayre. Avalanche is on it's way."

He reflexively reached back for the Grand Blade, but he forced himself to stop as he looked back at the deep-sea blue handle before giving a calming breath, readying his fists, "No...there should be a need for that..."

Loot List:

+1 Material

HP List

Calrex: 66/67

Enemies:

Ice Elemental: -2/38 (+1 Thorns)