[PP:F4] Ice Golem Extermination <Avalanche> (Calrex & Teayre)

The earth shook as a creature towered over them blocking the sunlight that was cascading down onto them. Hugging Calrex quickly from behind Teayre retrieved her Katana before eyeing the monstrosity above them. “So that’s Avalanche, huh? Weird I thought it’d be bigger.†Stepping around Calrex Teayre placed her hand on his shoulder as the boy sighed. “Are you worrying Cal? We’ll be fine trust me okay? I won’t let you get hurt by it or anything else if I can.†Smirking Teayre whirled her katana around her wrist before catching it holding it out at its full extension to her side, bringing it down she holds the blade diagonally across her body before flicking her hair out of her eyes. Lowering her head she watched the creature as if she was looking over a pair of glasses. “On your move Calrook, we can’t be as aggressive on this one.†

"Yeah...he's a large construct, about two times larger than the Ice Elemental we just fought. He's powerful, but that size doesn't mean he's just as fast. They're fairly large, but because of their size the blows themselves cover a large area."

Calrex turned to face Teayre, giving her a quick hug, "Be careful alright? Let me know if it gets too tough. I'll come to your rescue, like I always have."

He turned to face the direction of Avalanche as he saw the creature getting closer and closer. As it got into visible range he clenched his fists, going into his fighting stance, "Here we go Teayre. Let's take this thing out!"

ID: 15956

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1) = 2

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

As Calrex rushed forward he quickly closed the distance between him and Avalanche's construct, but as he got into striking range he looked up to see a fist already flying at him. The boss had decided to use the tactic it had used on him previously early in the battle: firing his fist at Calrex. Calrex crossed his arms as the attack hit him, forcing him into the snow. As it began to retract the Grand Chariot's Thorns ability activated, surrounding his arms with light blue chains before bursting into shards, barraging the fist while leaving scratches all along the surface.

As Calrex was in the snow he began to pull himself out, but as he did his calm breathing became even longer, while at the same time the tone seemed to become shallower, as if he was on a frozen tundra. Underneath his helmet his eyes dimmed for a second before he shook his head, the light returning to his eyes.

"Stay focused. There's no need for it as long as Teayre's here..."

"Alright Teayre switch!"

HP List

Calrex: 65/67 (+3 Mitigation)

Teayre: 54/57

Enemies:

Avalanche: 49/50 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 15958

BD: 9 (8 + 1 ACC)

Watching her partner run forwards Teayre’s mouth drops as Calrex is hit in the chest her eyes glazing over as she shifts her katana. “Cal, are you okay?†Running in the tip of Oikawa Kanashiki was dragging in the snow leaving behind a thin line. Her foot pounds into the floor as one of Avalanche’s fists comes flying down towards her. Managing to get out from underneath the impact zone in time she flicks her blade striking the golem’s wrist, jumping Teayre kicks off of the wrist her <Acrobatics> skill activating she glides through the air towards the torso of the creature. As she starts falling Teayre slices downwards a screeching sound bellowing out from the contact of metal onto ice. Landing her she looks up at the creature in contempt, the hands loosely holding her blade.

HP List

Calrex: 65/67

Teayre: 54/57

Enemies:

Avalanche: 43/50  6 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon + 1 Athletics) [bleed: 2 Posts]

ID: 15960

Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +1) = 7

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2) = 8 (+2 Damage)

As Calrex finished emerging from the snow he looked and saw Teayre deal a critical blow to Avalanche, giving a small sigh of relief...at least he did until he saw Avalanche's massive hand come at Teayre, managing to grab her in its grip. He already knew the attack pattern: Avalanche would try to crush the player in its grip before hurling them into the snowbank. Calrex gritted his teeth as he gave another calming breath.

"Maybe I spoke too soon..."

His breathing shifted so that it appeared extremely calm, cold, chilling. At the same time his eyes locked on the hand holding Teayre.

"Three seconds before the hand crushes Teayre...plotting rescue route...Releasing Grand Blade..."

His arm reached back, grasping the handle of the Grand Blade. As he did he felt all emotion vanish from his mind. Calrex's eyes dimmed until there was no light behind him as his eerily calm breathing continued. Immediately after doing so his <<Sprint>> ability activated as he closed the distance in a second, leaping up and kicking off of Avalanche's leg, carrying his momentum straight towards the hand. As he drew into range he drew the Grand Blade in a reverse grip, unleashing a flurry of slashes and stabs, leaving multiple scratches across the ice.

As his attacks landed the hand opened in response, releasing Teayre. Calrex reached out his free hand, catching her as she fell. As the two headed for the ground Calrex cushioned the impact with his legs, landing with one knee bent, the shock leaving a small crater around him. He gave another chilling breath as he set Teayre down, giving her a quick glance before his eyes returned to locking on Avalanche, specifically where he remembered the weak point being last time.

"Now proceeding to exterminate target...repeat opponent Avalanche. Perceived weak point is in the upper torso..."

He remained completely silent as he readied himself, rushing forward.

HP List

Teayre: 49/57

Enemies:

Avalanche: 33/50 (Bleed 2 Damage / 1 Turn Left)

ID: 15962

BD: 7 (6 + 1)

Teayre watched as Avalanche’s hand scooped her up, sticking her blade into its hand gasping as she felt it begin to crush her. Wriggling her hand around Teayre feels the ice coming loose as the world started spinning around her before suddenly stopping. Feeling a hand grab roughly at her neck Teayre chokes and struggles for breath as she’s set down on the ice. Turning her head Calrex had just dashed off towards the beast. Standing slowly she shakes her head place a hand on her hip with her katana in the other hand. Sighing Teayre begins to run forwards her <Sprint and Acrobatics> skill activating as she leapt over Calrex her feet landing nimbly on both of his shoulders she pushes off of the hunched over suit of armour as he’s running along. Fists flying towards her as she narrowly dodges them by attacking the fingers of the fists themselves the force of her blows moving her landing just in front of Calrex Teayre raises a hand to his face. “You hurt my neck a bit Cal, calm it down.†Walking around him she taps him on the back, “You’re up.†Her voice was short her eyes narrow as she looked at the armoured person before her sighing.

HP List

Enemies:

Avalanche: 27/50 6 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon + 1 Athletics)[bleed: 1 Turn Left]

ID: 15963

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1) = 4

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

As Teayre stopped in front of him Calrex remained silent as he took in the words Teayre was saying, a chilling sigh escaping his lips as he gave a nod. Words escaped his lips, but while they were loud enough to hear they were not much louder than a whisper.

"Understood...I'm sorry..."

As Calrex's eyes locked on the construct once again he gave another eerily calm breath. As Teayre patted him on the back he was gone from the place he was standing in an instant, rushing towards Avalanche once again. As he got into striking range he saw another fist come flying at him.

"Unable to dodge entirety of hit...minimizing damage..."

As the fist got into striking range Calrex immediately stopped his moment, holding the Grand Blade with both hands, one at each end, as he slammed it into the fist. The force of the hit redirected the fist to the side as it slammed into the ground next to him, causing some of the snow to rise up in a cloud. As the fog of snow happened a chain-like sound could be heard as Calrex's armor's Thorns ability activated once again, unleashing a barrage of shards at the fist while it retracted back to Avalanche. Compaored to when he impaled the Sand Shark when they were on the <<Blood on the Sands>> mission, the fist was denser and much heavier. But even with pushing an attack like that to the side Calrex seemed completely unphased.

"Evaluating next approach...then resume assault on Avalanche..."

HP List

Calrex: 64/67

Enemies:

Avalanche: 24/50 (+1 Thorns) (Bleed 0 Turns Left)

ID: 15964

BD: 1

As Calrex replied to her in a quiet voice, Teayre huffs. “Really if he’d just take control a bit more rather than being so much of a push over he’d be much more likeable…†Beleram cried out overhead as he flew over head landing on Calrex’s shoulder and pecks his helmet forcefully. Jumping in Teayre swings her katana at Avalanche her heart wasn’t in the attack as she missed, cartwheeling back she stops a short distance away her smirk gone from her face as she sits down her eyes targeting the blue suit of armour that darted around the battlefield.

HP List

Enemies:

Avalanche: 24/50 

ID: 15965

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1) = 4

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +2 ) = 0

As Calrex rushed in again he stopped, distracted by a strange noise on the top of his helmet. Looking up he saw Beleram pecking at his helmet. He gave a chilling breath before the noise seemed to actually bug him enough.

"Interference...switching back to improvised tactics..."

As Calrex felt his emotions return back to him the noise continued as he shook his head, sheathing his blade in the process, "Gh!...dangit...FOR **** SAKE I'm trying to focus here!"

As Beleram flapped off Calrex grasped his head for a few seconds as he get a hold of his surroundings, "The cold persona...I still can't..."

He turned and saw Avalanche launch another fist towards Teayre, but since she was at the end of the attackable range the fist fall short of the mark, impacting into the ground in front of her as Beleram landed back over by Teayre.

Calrex looked over at Teayre, taking note of her expression. She seemed disappointed, as the original smirk on her face was going. He gave a sigh as he tried to center himself, turning back to face Avalanche, slamming his fists together.

"Not now...this isn't the time to be losing my head...or else I might lose everything...stay focused...and get this done..."

With that he waited for Teayre's attack to finish, ready to continue the battle.

HP List

Enemies:

Avalanche: 24/50

ID: 15968

BD: 7 (6 + 1 ACC)

Chuckling as she watches Beleram peck at Carlex’s head and then the boy lose his temper swearing at the flapping eagle.  Walking up to him a smile on her face she gently strokes the helmet before running towards the beast in front of them, her katana perpendicular to her body raised at eye level. Jumping Teayre flips over the arms of the golem as she gets higher before slicing it down the centre, this time kicking off as a fist comes in. Beleram took off as a resound crack could be heard through the valley.

“B… Beleram…â€

Falling to one knee Teayre looked around unable to see much her vision becoming foggy. “C-Cal W-what happened? Is Beleram okay? I- I can’t see…â€

HP List

Enemies:

Avalanche: 18/50 6 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon + 1 Athletics)

ID: 15970

Battle Dice: 10 (Accruacy +1) = 11

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

As Calrex watched Teayre rush in his eyes widened for a second as he saw Teayre dodged the attack, but then heard an impact that didn't sound like ice on ice. There was a crack.

"That didn't just..."

"“C-Cal W-what happened? Is Beleram okay? I- I can’t see…"

Calrex used his <<Sprint>> to rush over as he saw the wounded eagle dropping from Avalanche. He quickly slid, catching Beleram as he fell, but right as he did he saw the eagle dissipate into crystals.

"Beleram..."

He slowly got to his feet, walking over to Teayre as Avalanche tried to get a lock on their positioning, placing a hand on her shoulder before he wrapped her in an embrace, "Teayre...I'm sorry...he's gone..."

He quickly turned as he saw Avalanche's leg come down, trying to crush the two of them. He pickeed up Teayre in both arms as he used his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly take Teayre out of striking distance. His breathing pattern was shallow, like he was in his cold persona...only this time there seemed to be a heavyness, a weight behind them. The entire time his head was tilted down, his bangs masking his face.

"..."

As he got a safe distance he gently set Teayre on the snow, silent for a second before he spoke. While it seemed shaky, as he raised his face to meet hers his voice became stern, as if he were giving an order.

"I'm not going to let that happen to you..."

"Teayre...I'm sorry...but I'm ordering you..."

As he raised his face to hers, even though hidden by the helmet his brows were furrowed, his pupils small. His teeth were clenched together as it seemed like it was taking everything he could from exploding. It was the closest thing to seeing Calrex enraged in the time they had been together. As he finished his sentence it was easy to tell that Calrex was beyond the point of anger.

"...don't fight in this battle any further."

He turned, facing Avalanche as he slammed his Grand Gauntlets together, an even louder resounding clang echoing through the valley, as if to answer Beleram's destruction. His light blue aura chains began to spiral like crazy around his arms and legs, stirring up the snow around him. It was as if four miniature tornados has engulfed his limbs as he began to walk forward, his eyes set on Avalanche, "I never thought I could get so enraged at a game...but Beleram was a precious friend and comrade."

He vanished instantly as he activated his <<Sprint>> ability again. As Avalanche unleashed another torrent of blows at him Calrex maneuvered around them at high speed, not stopping for a second as he reached the construct. He planted his feet, feeling the frozen ice beneath the snow crack as he launched himself upwards. As he reached the knee he kicked off again, each one with enough strength to crack chunks off of the construct as he made his way up to the head. As he landed in front of it his eyes pierced through Avalanche as he planted his stance, his feet sinking an inch into the ice as he unleashed a barrage of punches. Even with Avalanche's head being almost three times Calrex's entire body, the force of the blows sent it bouncing left and right. Calrex continued his assault until he stopped suddenly.

As Avalanche tried to look forward it saw Calrex has both arms back before he shot both of them forward with enough force it was like he was going to rip his arms off. The impact slammed into Avalanche's head, forcing the ice chunk serving as its chin to be blown clean off, falling into the snow behind it.

After the assault Calrex remained standing, facing Avalance face to face, "It's time I beat you into particles..."

HP List

Enemies:

Avalanche: 10/50

ID: 15971

BD: 3 (2 + 1 ACC)

Pushing herself to her feet her eye sight continually staying blurry Teayre staggered towards Avalanche, “B…Bel…†She thought she could hear someone talk to her but all she could do was stare at a small spot that looked as if someone had crouched there. Stumbling she walked towards it, not paying heed to anything going on around her. Tripping over her feet Teayre falls head over heels down a small slope before sitting down by the area she saw crawling forwards on her hands and knees she plucks a small white feather from the ground. “B- BELERAM!â€

HP List

Enemies:

Avalanche: 10/50

ID: 15973

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1) = 6

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +2)

As Calrex remained planted in front of the remains of Avalanche's head he turned to see one of the construct's arms reaching for Teayre, who had decided to stumble into the battleground, picking up what looked to be one of Beleram's feathers. He tilted his head down as he shuddered for a few seconds.

"So...she didn't listen...that's understandable..."

As the hand got closer suddenly Calrex slammed his fist forward, his whole body behind it, into Avalanche's face. Since the head was serving as the center of gravity it forced the entire body to tilt back. Now off balance it began to descend towards the ground as Calrex continued slamming his fists into the remains of Avalanche's face. As they hit the ground he quickly kicked off, landing on the piece serving as the upper torso. He crouched down, bringing his fist back as the spiraling chains spiraled like mad around it, his forearm no longer visible beneath the madness of the chains' movement.

"The weakpoint..."

He was prepared to deal the finishing blow.

HP List

Enemies:

Avalanche: 4/50

ID: 15975

BD: 7 (6 + 1 ACC)

As she rubbed the feather against her face she placed it in her hair tying it to some of the strands there. “Beleram… I’ll miss you.†Wiping the tears away from her face Teayre got to her feet, her katana glistening from where it had caught the salty droplets of water. Twisting her blade she jumped as a fist buckled the ground where she had been, kicking off the body of Avalanche Teayre lands on the ground a short distance away her eyes completely red except for the pupils. Glaring at the monstrosity she calls to Calrex. “I’m sorry Cal… He was your friend I know, but he was more than that to me… He was part of me.â€

Before she’d even muttered the last word she had moved like lightning she streaked between the various appendages of the beast the screech of steel against ice rang out clear in the night sky. As she stopped in front of Calrex she turned around planting a small kiss on his helmet before vanishing again. Leaping into the sky sailed towards Avalanche’s main body as one of its fists came round to meet her it disintegrated from the previous attack. As she landed on its head the other fist burst apart then both legs causing the beast to roll forwards landing with a heavy thud as it broke apart on the ground. Looking up at Calrex Teayre drops her katana falling into his arms tears streaming down her face. “C-Cal…â€

HP List

Enemies:

Avalanche: -2/50 6 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon + 1 Athletics)

Teayre gains 1 Material

As Calrex was about to thrust his arm forward all of a sudden he heard the familiar sound of Teayre's blade cutting through ice as suddenly Avalanche's torso disappeared from under him in a field of crystals. As he touched the snow below he stumbled forward in the same poised position he was before, the chains still spiraling like crazy around his arm. Hearing Teayre's sword drop his eyes slowly looked down, seeing the sword in front of him. As he looked forward he saw his fiancee in tears, his fist tightening even further as the chains spiraled more and more.

He tilted his head down, his eyes now out of view as his arm was still poised, as if he was ready to drive his fist into the ground. His whole body shook as he tried to contain the rage inside. After coming out of the cold persona the emotional feedback had amplified even the smallest bit of emotion as he let out small exhales under his breath.

"Gh...th...Dammit..."

As he felt Teayre fall into his arms the spiraling chains vanished as he caught her. As he did Calrex retracted onto his knees, his hands in front of him before his body went into a seiza position, his arms loosely resting in front of him, his hands weakly open, as if all the strength in him had left. As he did he let Teayre gently fall onto his right shoulder, his arms weakly around her. As he spoke his words were weak, almost broken as he replied, "I'm...sorry Teayre..."

Underneath his helmet his eyes felt tight as they became moist, his eyes dimming.

Closing her eyes Teayre opens them again sitting back slightly her hands shaking as she reaches up placing them on either side of Calrex’s helmet before taking it off. Pulling him closer to her Teayre kisses him and then wrapping her arms around his neck she sobs into the crook. “Callie… What’ll I… What’ll I do?†Her words took an eternity to come out she paused between each word the pain and anguish clear in her voice as she clasped onto Calrex tightly not letting him move. Her grip loosened as she her vision when black no longer able to support herself, Teayre found that she was being held up by Calrex.

"I could get another familiar... It's... It's too soon though, I miss Beleram.... Why did he have to die...  WHY? My... My... Beleram he's gone now."

"Let's...get back into town..."

As Teayre collapsed Calrex felt himself go into something like an autopilot mode. He switched out of his Grand Chariot armor before picking Teayre up, beginning to make his way back towards Snowfrost.

"I was always concerned for her safety, I never would have expected Beleram to. It's like losing a family pet."

As the gates of the town came into view Calrex gave a calming breath as he slowly took Teayre back to the Amethyst Boutique, setting her in the chair inside. He collapsed into the chair across from her.

Leaning her head against Calrex she feels the bouncing as he carries her, slowly her eyes flicker open as she hears a familiar bell tinkering. Looking around she saw the perch walking over to it stumbling over the armchair Calrex had collapsed in stroking his face she takes the small mottled white feather from her hair tying it to the perch before falling to her knees. “B-B-BELERAM!†Tears flowed freely as she sobbed into her hands without restraint. A short time passed before she moved to the front of her shop turning the sign to closed.

Thread Complete

Calrex: 1 SP & 200 Col & Snowfrost

Teayre: 4 SP & 200 Col