[OP-F1] Out of the frying pan and into the fire

"Hyaaaa!" Jomei yelled as he used his sword skill, filling the attacking boar with holes from his rapier. 

He was getting used to these low level enemies, despite being low level himself. He did not care about the lack of Col, items, or EXP the perished boars rewarded, Jomei simply wanted to get more used to fighting so he could make it out of this game alive.

"I won't let this game take me out" He thought to himself "But I'm also not going to sit around and wait for some saving grace."

He sheathed his sword. Going from mob group to mob group brought him close to the outskirts of town.

He sighed "Guess I should try and move back out there." 

Before doing so, he looked at the group of players near the gate, with weapons drawn looking at a small animal on the ground. He recognized it as a familiar and tried to look around for its owner. Being at a different angle from the others, he noticed someone crouching in a patch of grass not far from him.

Jomei slowly walked up behind the figure in the shrubbery and crouched down next to him.

"Oi. What are you doing hiding there?" He said quietly to him.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skylar tried not to laugh when Axios tried to pet Rutta. The leopard stared at Axios as if he was covered in fleas. It was a funny sight to see a animal give attitude. Rutta sat on his hind legs and turned his muzzle away.

The newbies were getting nervous they could not even tell the difference between familiars. Every familiar type has a different personalty based on their coding. If Rutta was an attack type familiar a lot more growling would be involved. The fact that they draw weapons on something that was not attacking made them easy pickings. If Skylar was interested in attacking them in the first place.

"Oi. What are you doing hiding there?" A figure asked Skylar. Skylar was not really scared he noticed the guy earlier fighting boars and thought he could take him.

Skylar did not even bother to turn around before answering the question "I am watching people sweat. They think my Leopard would actually try to attack them." Skylar continued to watch and made no move to turn around.

Zandra realised that there probably is something like pets in this game, and Axios saw this was a pet, then that means someone is somewhere, maybe watching them. In most games you cant be too far away from your pet, so the person must be here somewhere. At first glance she didnt saw anyone, why was someone hiding for them. Or maybe Axios was wrong. Still she took a closer look on the fields around them. Thats when she spotted two colour shiftings in the tall grass. When she looked closer it looked like two heads. Was it two Pk'ers that was gonna slaughter them? The three of them would probably be no match to experienced player killers. So she put down her dagger in her belt and scremed towards the tall grass.''HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING OVER THERE SNEAKING IN THE GRASS?!'' if it was looking like they was gonna kill them she would just run into the safe area inside town.

ID:17318

Stealth rating: 10+1(concealmetnt)=11

LD: 19+1(search and detect rank 1)=20 Spotted!

Axios sensed not much hostility from the familiar. Just a lot of attitude. Must not be agressive... It's either that or it's master doesn't want it to attack us yet. Axios took another look around when Zandra started yelling out. Axios looked into the direction of what Zandra was looking at. Axios couldn't see anything still. He looked at her and whispered, "If need be, all we need to do is take a step back. As long as they don't have incredible speed and incredible damage, they shouldn't be able to kill us." Axios was starting to get worried. If a fight did occur, he wouldn't know which direction the people were or how many there was. "Also, I think I'm blind because I can't see them still..." Axios kept his dagger out despite Zandra settling hers down. He wasn't planning to be in a fight unprepared.

ID: 17365; LD: 6

"I am watching people sweat. They think my Leopard would actually try to attack them."

With that, Jomei shrugged and took a more stealthy crouching position next to Skylar to watch the others. He could use some entertainment, and really was not looking for a fight with another player who, to him, wasn't looking to bring harm to the other group of players. 

"Thats a very interesting familiar you have the-'HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING OVER THERE SNEAKING IN THE GRASS?!''

Before he could finish talking he was caught off guard by the sudden yelling of one of the girls in the group they were watching. 

He tried to stand up quickly to let them know he was not trying to bring any harm to them, but stumbled as he went to step out from the grass.

"Gah! O'im sorry!"

He sat up straight and scratched the back of his head.

Skylar wondered how could someone so clumsy sneak up on him. It was unfortunate because that mean Skylar had his fun ruined. His position was already given away. So Skylar stood up left the bushes and started walking towards the others. He whistled signaling Rutta for him to come. The Leopard stopped glaring balefully at Axios and moved towards him.

"So what's up?" He held no sign of being nervous to the people holding daggers at him. He was already prepped for battle and hoped no one was mean enough to make a move. "Mine name is Skylar. Pleasure to meet you all."

Zandra saw the two guys walk out from the grass and towards them. One of them introdused himself as Skylar. It seemed on his reaction he wasnt a pk'er. Then he would probably just rushed at them before they had time to react. But the other man was pretty low level. Zandra felt for the first time she could relax. She was 99% sure it was safe.''Hi, Im Zandra Zvift, but you can just call me Zandra. Its a pleasure to meet you too.''she took a step forward, smiled and reached out her hand towards Skylar.''and your friend.''she nooded at the other man.''we are preparing to head out for some adventuring. But you didnt answered my question. Why was you sneaking on us?''

(OOC: During this thread Im still lvl 3)

Axios kept his dagger in his hand still. It wasn't normal for this to have just randomly happened by coincidence. The two people had come out of the bushes, and the beast was with the one of higher level. Looks can be deceiving. "If you want to join us. Feel free to," Axios told the pair. He sheathed his knife. He'd take his chances. Better than causing tension between them. "My name's Axios. Nice to meet you Skylar. Who's your friend?"

Jomei looked at the looks the others were giving him. He stood up and smiled
"Jomei. Nice to meet ya'."
He said as he started to walk towards the group.
"Personally, o'I was just interested by your guys reactions to the familiar, despite only showing up a moment ago. Sorry if o'I worried ya'."
He did not feel very confident by the looks of the others. Some were looks of caution, while others, he had the sense he was looking down on him. He crossed his arms and smirked.
"So what kind of adventure are we goin' on?"

''Eh, screw this. Im going back to the town. Im tired of you just standing here and chit-chat. Thou it was nice to meet ya. Bye and have a good time at adventuring. Just be careful Zandra and Hunter. After all, those guys was spying on ya. Bye bye.'' Axios said to the group before she put back his weapon and headed back to the town.

''Hey, Axios wait.'' Zandra said to Axios but he kept walking pretending like he didnt herd her. She turned to the newcomers.''Well, we havent decided what kind of adventuring we wanted to do. Maybe kill some boars or Ive herd you can gather materials is some way.'' she lifted her arm to scratch her on the nose.''Im a newbie so dont rely know what to do,''

Skylar was kind of delayed coming back into the conversation. At first he was thinking oh Lyrics then pie. It was not like he had a reason for wanting to be around these people. {Still the rules of politeness does not allow me to be a butt hole to people.}

"If you want to hunt boars I can at least help you in that area. We go to the boar fields in the middle of the map and do some heavy training. Well heavy for you guys." Skylar whistled for Rutta to come and follow.

"Come along kiddie's" Skylar started walking without even turning around to see if they followed.

((Its tough to come back to an rp when we all leveled so much since then lmao))

Jomei watched as the guy walked away. Whats his problem? he turned to the rest of the group and shrugged, then decided to follow Skylar. Unlike him, Jomei looked back to see if the other girl decided to follow them both or not. He made a gesture with his hand, telling her to come along, with a smile. If this guy is gonna end up being a jerk toward us, the least I can do is be the nice one.

"Boars huh.. Im sure they can't be too tough to fight." Jomei said as he punched his open palm and cracked his knuckles, preparing for a fight. 

Both guys had turned around and was walking away too some boars somewhere while she still scratced her nose. "Oh man, I should pay more attention. They have already headed away." Zandra was running after them to catch up. This was so exciting. Her first adventure outside the walls.

((I have only gone up three levels plus a new ability))

"Okay, this will not be that hard. With your cursor over the Boar move like you would attack in real life. The trick here is to wait for the system to turn red while attacking before striking. That way you will not miss, and cause the most damage." Skylar motioned towards a boar for them to attack. "Try that one there."

Zandra: 9/9

Jomei: 11/11

Skylar: 33/33 (Standby)

Boar: 17/17

Jomei nodded as he drew his rapier. It was very simple, just a straight blade with a basic hand guard. He took a fencer's stance, his sword out in front of him and one hand behind his back. He stepped forward as someone who was fencing does and went to strike at the boar. His attacked missed as the boar sidestepped his strike and squealed, prepping itself to attack. Oops...

ID: 18987

BD: 3

MD: 3

Jomei: 11/11

Skylar: 33/33 (Standby)

Boar: 17/17

Zandra nooded as well. She focused her attention on the boar. Charging her drawn simple dagger. When she felt it was ready it shined bright red. She rushed to the boar and made a double slash after she jumped back from the boar. It now had a red vross on iys forehead. "Yes, did I do it right skylar?" she looked at him over her schoulder.

ID:19004

BD:8 Hit 2dmg

Jomei 11/11

Skylar 33/33

Boar 15/17

((Jomei why do you do the Mob dye when fighting? O.o))

The boar squealed at the girl. It wanted to rip her very stomach out. It hurt him so why not kill the player. The boar was pretty large and uncoordinated so it fall flat on it on it's stomach. The players are too far back for ripping.

ID:19010

MD: 5 (Miss)

Jomei 11/11
Skylar 33/33 (Standby)

Boar 15/17

"Okay, lets try again" 

This time, Jomei changed up his stance from that of a fencer. He held his sword out to the side and focused on the enemy. He brought his sword down as he ran forward towards the boar. He stopped short as his feet slid in the dirt, pushing him forward still. His sword began to glow an orange color and he thrusted it forward, piercing the boar.

Jomei jumped back and laughed when he saw he had made contact. "A-Alright!"

ID: 19025

BD: 8

DMG: 2

Jomei 11/11
Skylar 33/33 (Standby)

Boar 13/17

Zandra laughed at the boar when it failed to hit her. She prepared her dagger-skill once again, when the dagger shined red she rushed towards. This time she had to high speed to be able to hit the boar. When she did the double slash, she was three meters behind the boar.''Damn, I guess I have to not rush into it that much.'' she turned around and held her dagger in a defensive stance in case the boar would come attack her.

ID:19046

BD:2 Miss

Jomei 11/11
Skylar 33/33 (Standby)

Boar 13/17