PP - F1 Deeper Undergound (Oikawa) (Completed)

As the two players descended down to the next floor Calrex kept his eyes peeled with his <<Reveal>> skill. The second floor seemed more roomy than the last one, as if the layout pieces had switched. Instead of there being numerous thin hallways connecting to large rooms, it was the opposite: Rooms themselves seemed to serve as hallways to other rooms from what he could make out through the transparent walls.

"Alright, looks like we're in the clear for now. We'd best stay alert though..."

He turned to confirm that Oikawa had followed him before he looked through the room they had descended into. It almost felt like a storage cellar, with barrels stacked on top each other in one corner of the room.

Danger Level:

Calrex: 0/3 (Reset upon entering new floor)

Oikawa: 0/3 (Reset upon entering new floor)

Why Oikawa assumed that there was more light downstairs was a wonder to him. In fact it almost seemed darker. As they ventured below Calrex confirmed that the coast was clear for the time being and as they reached the room below to be still be alert regardless. The blonde blinked a few times. Once again adjusting to the lack of light. "Shouldn't there at least be torches or something down here? Every dungeon has torches," he complained.

Looking ahead, he could make out some barrels in the corner to the left and closer towards the middle of the room loomed what appeared to be a doorway. "Well we've went this far. Lets get moving."

[15972] LD: 14

Danger Level:

Calrex: 0/3

Oikawa: 0/3

"Hm...it might be because this part would be themed as an abandoned floor, hence why there's no torches in sight. We'd best be careful and proceed as before."

ID: 15794

Loot Dice: 7 (Danger Level +1)

As he led Oikawa into the next room he turned his head as he began to hear movement from one of the rooms to the right, "Well, looks like we've already attracted some company. Let's get moving, hopefully we can lose them."

With that quickly scanned each of the following rooms as he led his teammate through them, closing the doors behind them every single time to try and throw the monsters off track. After about five rooms Calrex checked to see. For now the sound seemed to stop, "Alright, looks like we're clear for now. Geeze this is starting to feel more like a horror game than an MMO."

Danger Level:

Calrex: 1/3

"That's so bogus haha" They continued through the rooms at quite the pace. Passing through rooms faster than Oikawa slaughters 5 HP boars on floor 1. "I think we lost whatever you thought was tailing us mate. At the same time however, I have no clue where we are." The cavernous room seemed larger compared to the other rooms thay had passed. "I wonder if this used to be something important?"

[15979] LD: 15 

Danger Level:

Calrex: 1/3

ID: 15999

Loot Dice: 5 (+1 Danger Level)

"It might have been generated to look like an old storage cellar or something for the palace above. I mean, a palace needs to support all the servants inside right?"

As Oikawa mentioned their pursuers Calrex turned as he heard the noises once again, "Uh...maybe you should have knocked on wood for that one. Let's keep going."

He quickly moved his teammate through another series of rooms as he closed the doors behind him, "Something seem strange. I don't hear or see any of the doors behind us being opened. How are these things pursuing us without opening the doors?..."

"We might have something a little more dangerous pursing us. From what I can gather these things might be able to pass through walls."

Danger Level: 

Calrex: 2/3

"I suppose I should have. Yeah lets move." The blonde allowed himself to be led across another series of rooms and through plenty of doors before they finally stopped to rest again. After gaining control over his rugged pants, Oikawa replied to Cal's latest statement. "So we might be dealing with Caspers? Greaaaaaatttt. Hopefully they're friendly though I doubt it." The room they stopped in this time seemed to be a little more presentable. A few tables here and there accompanied by chairs covered in sheets of cobwebs. "I think we might be getting closer to the main room. Lets keep moving."

[16055] LD: 14

Danger Level:

Calrex: 2/3

ID: 16062
Loot Dice: 10 (+1 Danger Level) (Encounter Activated!)
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1) = 9

"Huh, this area definitely does look more lived in than the other areas. I guess this served as a dining hall possibly for the serva..."

As Calrex was about to finish his sentence his eyes looked over to the corner of the room they were in, "Oikawa...get your sword ready..."

His <<Reveal>> skill combined with his <<Night Vision>> allowed him to see the thing that had come from another entryway without even opening the door. As it moved through the air the spectral cloud took on a more visible form. Metal plate armor wrapped the cloud as a hollow knight manifested, bearing a cross spear as its chosen weapon.

"You who enter the underground of the palace, know this. You are not allowed to leave alive."

As the knight fully manifested Calrex used his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly close the distance as he leapt over a table. His fist shot forward as he passed through the knight's armor, feeling some resistance before the form broke off for a second, reforming as Calrex passed through, "Oikawa switch! Watch out this thing seems to be capable of absorbing some of the damage from our attacks."

Danger Levels:
Calrex: 3/3 (Encounter Active)

HP List
Calrex: 69/69
Oikawa: 65/65

Enemies:
Black Iron Palace Lost Remnant: 67/70

Black Iron Palace Lost Remnant Stats:

DMG: 5
ACC: 0
EVA: 0
MIT: 0
Special: Phasing: Damage is halved. Ignored on a critical

Calrex had just started mumbling something when he suddenly asked Oikawa to draw his blade. Doing as he was told, the blonde unsheathed his rapier and requested an explanation. "Last I checked we were free from danger. What are you worr.." Oikawa's mouth dropped as a phantasmal knight, clad in heavy metal armor, bearing a spear, appeared before them. "..oh.." was all he could muster as the Ultramarine knight bounded over a table and shot through the knight with his fist. At first it seemed the phantom had simply phased through the blow, but slowly his health trickled down a few points.

"Hmm this'll be interesting." The rapier wielding warrior darted between tables. Casually flipping over each one as he passed, as to give himself options later. Then kicking the next table towards the knight, Oikawa nearly vanished before cocking his arm back and smashing his rapier not only through the table but into the knight as well. "That felt pretty solid. Maybe critical hits are unaffected by his phasing," reported the blonde as he jumped back behind one of the overturned tables. "Switch"

[16070] BD: 9 (9+3)

HP List

Enemies:
Black Iron Palace Lost Remnant: 57/70 (-10)

ID: 16072

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1) = 4

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

"Well that's good to hear. Now the question is how exactly to get more critical hits right?"

Calrex looked at the knight thrust his spear forward as he quickly spun to the side, the spear impaling into the table that Oikawa had previously flipped up. As he landed Calrex tried to throw a hook kick at the knight's face, but it unfortunately only managed to brush some of the wisp serving as the knight's helmet. Calrex leapt back as he gave a calming breath to keep himself focused.

"Switch!"

HP List

Enemies: 

Black Iron Palace Lost Remnant: 57/70

"A question we all wish we had an answer to," murmured the blonde as Calrex engaged the knight once more. Both combatants seemed unable to land a solid hit as they traded strikes and swings. Just st the bluenette called for a switch, Oikawa vaulted over his table and lunged at the phantom. He was within striking range when he felt his foot get caught on the end of a table. This caused him to not only trip, but face-plant and roll right past the Mob.

"T-that certainly is-isn't the way," grumbled the blond as he pushed himself up and groaned. "..Sw-swit-tch"

[16074] BD: 4 (1+3) MISS

HP List

Enemies:
Black Iron Palace Lost Remnant: 57/70 (-0)

ID: 16075

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1) = 9

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +3) = 5

As Calrex watched Oikawa trip and fall he looked to see the ghost knight try to swing its spear down on his teammate. As the attack fell he rushed forward, unleashing a leaping side kick which slammed into the knight's shoulder, throwing his swing off enough that the spear crashed down a few paces to his right. Right after Calrex went over and helped Oikawa to his feet, "Hey, I'm the one usually tripping over my own feet remember? No need to change roles just yet."

He spoke with a joking tone as he stepped to the side, going back into his fighting stance, "Alright switch. Go for it."

HP List

Enemies:

Black Iron Palace Lost Remnant: 54/70

"Nice one!" Oikawa yelled as Calrex landed a solid hit on the knight. Taking his sweet time, the blonde finally got himself to an upright position with the help of his armored ally. "Yeah I have no clue what happened there. It's like the table was just suddenly there, but oh well. let's finish off this ridiculous knight." Planting his steps carefully, Oikawa leaped from table to table, quickly closing the distance and putting him in striking range. 

Instead of stepping on the last table, he ducked behind it, before swiftly leaping from behind cover and sinking his blade into the Knight's armor. "I think I know what you mean now. Even though I made direct contact, it felt as if I didn't pierce it all the-" His sentence was cut short, as the knight swung it's massive arm forward in an attempt to dislodge the blonde. Taking his cue, The blonde removed his blade. 

"Switch!"

[16197] BD: 8 (8+3) Hit

HP List

Enemies:
Black Iron Palace Lost Remnant: 49/70 (-5)

ID: 16207

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1) = 4

Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +1) = 5 (Thorns Activation)

"Yeah, this thing is going to be a handful if we're not careful."

As Oikawa switched out Calrex rushed in, thrusting his fist forward. Unfortunately, the attack flew clear of the knight as he shifted to the side. As Calrex slid to the side he saw the knight's sear come at him. He raised his arm to guard against it, successfully doing so. As the spear impacted his forearm it became surrounded by light blue aura chains as they shattered, sending shards flying at the knight. Surprisingly the shards had no trouble pelting the phantom. As he confirmed the hit he looked over at Oikawa, "Switch!"

HP List

Enemies:

Black Iron Palace Lost Remnant: 48/70 (+1 Thorns)

The Ultramarine Knight rushed into action. Going for a straightforward punch, the phantasmal entity phased through the blow and and proceeded to retaliate. Connecting it's spear, with Cal's gauntlets, it received what appeared to be thorn damage. Oh that's nifty. Looks like I'm up! Dashing forward, the blonde cocked his rapier back once more before vanishing and suddenly reappearing behind the knight with his rapier lodged through it's torso. 

Retreating back some paces, the blonde signaled for Cal to attack once more. "Switch!"

[16209] BD: 9 (9+3) Hit

HP List

Enemies:
Black Iron Palace Lost Remnant: 38/70 (-10)

ID: 16210

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +1) = 5

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +3) = 1

As Oikawa connected another strong blow against the ghost Calrex nodded in approval as he rushed back in to try and connect a blow. Unfortunately his attacks phased through the ghost as he only hit air. At the same time the ghost tried to turn and thrust its spear at Oikawa, but it got stuck in the same tabl he had knocked over previously, preventing it from getting an accurate hit.

Calrex leapt back, giving a calming breath, "Switch!"

HP List

Enemies: 

Black Iron Palace Lost Remnant: 38/70

Wasting no time, Calrex flawlessly switched and immediate went into attack mode. While his technique was sound, his attacks weren't landing. "After this remind me to remind you that you need to invest in your accuracy," the blonde joked. As Cal backed off, and called for a switch, Oikawa surged forward. Vaulting over the table the phantom knight was stuck in, Oikawa assumed he had an easy hit. But as with many thing in SAO, nothing was guaranteed.

As he thrusted Faint Edge forward, the Remnant let go of it's blade and jumped on the table avoiding the it. Kicking it forward, a resounding crack filled the air as the table shattered and the mob retrieved it's spear.

"Switch!" Yelled the blonde as he tried to figure out a way to land his next hit.

[16261] BD: 2 (2+3) Miss

HP List

Enemies:
Black Iron Palace Lost Remnant: 38/70 (-0)

ID: 16273

Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +1) = 11 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

"Heh, you keep reminding me I just might have to. But isn't that more your's and Teayre's area of expertise? Mine is taking hits and dishing it back out!"

As Oikawa switched out Calrex found a good line of attack as the light blue aura chains surrounded his forearms as he rushed in. The ghost tried to thrust its spear at him, but he quickly rolled his body out of its path without losing momentum. As he got into striking range he unleashed half of the usual full barrage of punches he uses before he noticed the ghost was actually flinching, as if the attacks were hitting, "Is he partially tangible right now?"

Exploiting the new information Calrex quickly spun and dropped his body low, sweeping the ghost's legs, seeing it actually get knocked off its feet. As it descended he quickly thrust his right hand forward, catching the ghost by the front of its helmet before he used his <<Sprint>> ability, dragging the ghost along the floor before slamming it helmet first into the wall. There was a resounding slam, even though the wall itself appeared unharmed.

Calrex leapt back, calling for a switch, but as the same time he noticed that the helmet of the ghost was actually bent and contorted from the barrage. As the ghost recomposed itself it removed the helmet, revealing the decayed face of the bearer underneath. "Alright I think we've got it on the ropes Oikawa. Stay focused."

HP List

Enemies:

Black Iron Palace Lost Remnant: 30/70

Oikawa wanted to keep the momentum going. As soon as Calrex backed off, the blonde rushed in. With his rapier glowing a faint grey, he smashed the blade into the ghostly frame and thrusted with all his might as he impaled the Remnant into the wall. Removing the blade he jumped back and replied to Calrex's remark. "Accuracy is a state of mind haha and I don't plan on letting up or losing focus. Let's finish this mate"

[16440] BD: 10 (10+3) Hit

HP List

Enemies:
Black Iron Palace Lost Remnant: 19/70 (-11)

ID: 16450

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +1) = 8

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +3) = 7 (+2 Damage)

"Heh, if that's the case I guess my state of mind needs a bit more work right?"

As Calrex watched Oikawa follow up on his previous barrage he kept track as his teammate impaled the ghost to the wall. As he retreated Calrex rushed forward, continuing the flow as the light blue aura chains spiraled around his elbow as he used his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly close the small distance between him and the target. As he got into striking range he lifted his elbow and thrust forward like a spear.

At the same time as he was inches away from striking he looked to see the ghostly knight lift it's weapon arm up as it hurled the spear at Oikawa. Before Calrex could give him warning the attack spearing his teammate in the shoulder. As Calrex's attack connected he saw that the knight had a piece of tassel attached to the end with which it used to retrieve the spear after connecting with Oikawa's shoulder.

After completing the attack Calrex leapt back while the knight retrieved its spear, "You alright? I guess that's something we're going to have to watch out for." 

HP List

Oikawa: 61/65 (+3 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Black Iron Palace Lost Remnant: 13/70

"Just a smidge," echoed the blonde as Calrex rushed off to attack the Knight. Engrossed in Calrex's movement, Oikawa didn't realize there was a spear heading for him. Just as it entered his field of vision, he turned away in an attempt to dodge but was speared in the shoulder. "Son of a gun." He exclaimed as the Knight tugged on something that dislodged the pole from his arm.

"Yeah I'm fine, but this Knight is getting another stabbing." Rocketing forward, Oikawa dropped his blade low before bringing it into a perfect alignment along his chest. As it began to glow, he thrusted forward and began to throw a series of jabs that rattled the Knight's frame. Once the move was over, he jumped back and admired his work. "He's on his last legs. Finish him Cal."

[16594] BD: 10 (10+3) Hit

HP List
Oikawa: 61/65

Enemies:
Black Iron Palace Lost Remnant: 2/70 (-11)