PP - F7 Two Heads Are Better Than One (Teayre) (5th Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Complete)

Subject: Materials?

Hey Teayre, I was wondering if you were running low on materials. I'm about to go on another trip to gather some more, since there hasn't been any orders as of late. Did you want to come along? I'll be on the seventh floor.

Calrex

As Calrex sent the message he gave a small sigh. He was still basking in the joy of Teayre agreeing to marry him as he did a small backflip, clothed in his casual combat clothing, "I'm still in a bit of disbelief, but I think that's just going to be a constant for now."

"In any case, since Teayre runs an artisan shop I figured it would be a good idea to search for gems and such. Since we're inside of a mountain there's probably a higher chance of finding those materials. That is...if she decides to come along."

He gave a small laugh before he looked up at the faint glowing green lights of the settlement, "Well, if not I can always give them to her anyway."

Subject: Re: Materials?

I’m alright for now but I’ll come along cause I’ve not seen you in a while… Well I can see you now.

As Teayre hit the send message she could see Calrex laughing as he looked up at the lights of the settlement, slipping closer to him she hugs him from behind a tear in her eye. “Hey Cal.†Rubbing her head on his back she steps back looking up into his eyes, a small smile on her eyes but her usual glowing attitude around Calrex was somewhat subdued due to obvious recent events.

“So which way do we go? It’s my first time on this floor, so I’m kind at a loss.â€

Calrex turned as he heard Teayre speak and hug him from behind, returning the hug. As he looked he noticed Teayre's eyes were watery, but he could already figure the reason why. It hadn't been much time since she had recently lost her companion, and it was going to be some time before the pain went away. He gave her a comforting smile as he held her tighter, "Hey...I'm happy you're here."

He continued to hold her tight as he tried to transfer the feeling of safety he wanted to give her through his embrace as he rested his head on top of hers, "Well if it's your first time we can take it slow. That way I'll be able to be by your side the entire time."

He adjusted his head so that it rested in the crook of her neck as he whispered, "Don't worry about being at a loss. I'll keep you safe."

ID: 16202

LD: 6

“Oi, I reckon I could take you now if I wanted to.†Poking her tongue out at him she lightly punches his chest before dashing off through the streets. “Catch me if you can.†Ducking and weaving Teayre heads out of the town and out of the safe zone. Jumping over a small ledge she rolls, seeing a small rock she picks it up and looks it over before throwing it back the way she came.

“Damn… Why can I never find any decent materials… I really should make something to help me with this hunting lark.â€

Looking over her shoulder she waits to see if Calrex is following her when she hears a soft growling coming from behind her, resting a hand lightly on the Oikawa Kanashiki's hilt Teayre keeps her breathing steady.

As Calrex saw Teayre's more light-hearted side return a smile came across his face, "That's the side of you I fell in love with Teayre..."

He used his <<Sprint>> ability as he dashed after her, moving outside the gates of the safe zone. Seeing her leapt up over a ledge he nodded as he decided to search below, looking down as he checked for any useful materials.

ID: 16204

Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2) = 17

As he brushed some of the dirt to the side he found a shining clear gem, "This would probably be useful."

He used his <<Acrobatics>> to leap up to the ledge Teayre was on as he heard the low grumbling noise. Seeing her on alert he gave a nod as he stood by her side, his hand on her shoulder. He looked in the direction of the sound, his <<Reveal>> skill activating as he checked if there was any monsters in the immediate area, "There's nothing around, at least as far as my skills allows me to see. Most likely it echoed from further around since we're still inside the mountain."

With that he looked down giving her a reassuring smile, "We're the only ones around for a good distance. I'll keep an eye out, and we'll watch each other's backs alright?"

"Why am I so worried about her? Is it because of what happened that night? She's more than capable of taking care of herself, but something inside me wants to make double sure..."

ID: 16251

LD: 13

“Aye aye Rook.†Saluting Calrex whilst sticking her tongue out at him Teayre takes the boys hand as she follows him. “Say Cal… Are you… Are you okay about what happened the other night?†Stopping for a moment Teayre whips around another noise coming from behind her. “He wanted to kill you… You could see it in his eyes… There was no love… There was only hate.â€

“You’re… YOU’RE WRONG!†Suddenly Teayre let’s go of Calrex’s hand and places her hands over her ears shaking her head furiously, then just as suddenly as she had started it she had stopped

Smiling she takes her fiancée’s hand again following him. Hearing some scattering from the cliff face to her left, Teayre heads over to it quickly kneeling down but finding nothing. Cussing she kicks the rocks she’d found before heading back to Calrex. 

ID: 16274

Loot Dice: 2 (Search and Detect +2) = 4

As Teayre inquired to him about the other night Calrex gave a small sigh, and seeing her reaction a few seconds later supported the worry that was still on his mind. As Teayre came and took his hand again. As they tried searching he wasn't really trying at this point, focused on Teayre. As she returned he gave a calming breath, "Well, I mean I am ok...but...I guess I'm still regretting shutting down the way I did. I ended up attacking you, which is probably going to stick with me for a while. It's the last thing I would ever want to do of my own will..."

He put a hand behind his head out of guilt as he averted his eyes for a second, looking down to see if there was any materials by his feet. Since they were on a beaten path it was obvious, even to him, that there was not going to be anything of use. As he got to his feet he looked back over at his fiancee, "I'm really sorry Teayre. I'm not really sure how I can make it up to you for doing that, but I want to do my best and at least come close. So please...if there's anything you can think of don't hesitate to let me know."

ID: 16281

LD: 9

BD: 4 (3 + 2 ACC – 1 EVA)

“Don’t be silly it’s perfectly okay.†Drawing her katana Teayre slashes downwards towards Calrex her blade bouncing off the path as it misses him. Smiling she cocked her head “We’re even now. So what are we looking for materials wise?†Teayre’s eyes raked the ground she couldn’t pick out anything of  interest and the one time she thought she found something it turned out to be a smooth pebble, it just wasn’t her day today. “So where to lead the way. “

ID: 16282

Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect +2) = 7

As Teayre drew his katana and slashed at him Calrex didn't flinch as he accepted the attack, his hair flying to the side as the sword cleaved the air next to him. As Teayre cocked her head and spoke he smiled, quickly leaning in and stealing a kiss from her lips, "Well we're looking for things useful to you right?"

After this Calrex looked along the ground as well, seeing nothing that would serve useful making trinkets and such.

"Hm...right now this area is looking pretty barren, probably because we're still fairly close to the settlement. We'll need to head further out to find better patches to gather from."

He pointed in the direction that the path was leading. It spiraled down the side of the mountain, but as it went further down Calrex thought he could see more reflective objects further down, representing the presence of gems.

ID: 16439

LD: 12

As Calrex breaks their kiss Teayre leans in and steals another one from him, blushing slightly she slips around him heading on ahead but trips up over his feet landing on the floor in front of him. Grabbing a small rock Teayre sighs, “I don’t think this is useful what do you think Cal?†tossing the boy the rock she gets back up brushing herself down and shaking her head.

Looking in the direction Calrex points in Teayre starts to make her move heading off down the beaten path towards the mountain, her eyes flicking around as she looks about for danger.

“Cal… I know it’s only been a few days since… since Beleram died but I’ve been thinking of getting another familiar… One who can actual aid me in combat… Beleram was great and all… He was kind of useless though.â€

ID: 16441

Loot DIce: 2 (Search and Detect +2) = 4

As Teayre picked up a rock Calrex gave a warming smile, "Yeah, that doesn't look like the thing you would need."

As Teayre decided to take point Calrex followed behind, making sure his <<Reveal>> skill was active so he could spot for any potential ambushes, "Well if you want to I respect your decision. If you would like to have me along again I'd be happy to help."

As he caught up he gave another warming smile, "If you want to wait or go ahead and get started on finding another familiar it's up to you. I'll always be here, no matter what decision you make."

"And why am I sounding like a romantic right now?"

ID: 16443

LD: 3

Cursing Teayre takes the rock from Calrex before hurling it with all her might but it fell out of hand just before she was going to let go and it dropped to the floor with a soft thump. Stalking off Teayre picks up another thing and goes to throw it when the same thing happens. Looking back at Calrex her face a bright red. “Why… Why can’t I throw a simple bleeding rock!â€

Calrex’s warming smile causes Teayre to reach up and stroke his face gently, blushing herself. “Thank you… I was thinking a snake to match the Oikawa Kanashiki, so it’ll mean a trip to the sixth floor for me… Yay! I get to visit the spiders!†Shuddering she rests her head against the boy before standing up straight. “Sorry… We’re looking for materials aren’t we… Shall we head straight to the mountain and stop looking in this area seems to be wasting our time, or we can find a good mob to fight.â€

ID: 16444

Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +2) = 22

"A snake huh? Sounds like it'll be an interesting familiar. Well if you would have me along I'd be glad to lend a hand at keeping you out of danger, just like last time."

As Teayre brought the conversation back to the material gathering Calrex nodded add he spotted something out of the ordinary. As he inspected it the item turned out to be a precious stone, "Hey I think Ifound something."

Total: 2 (Calrex 2)

ID: 16445

LD: 2

BD: 8 (6+2 ACC)

MD: 1 (4 – 3 EVA)

(Mob on MD roll of 9-10 causes Bleed)

“I’m sorry Callie, I’d like to go by myself… I am going to be hunting mercilessly for one… I’m going to also be doing a bit of stress relief…†Laughing as Calrex found something Teayre also ducked down on the off chance but the area of ground she was looking at was complete devoid of anything except a small lizard that skittered away as her face came near. “Dangit! No luck here, come on let’s –“

As she was speaking another small scaled creature that looked like a snake except sharp spines along its back popped out in front of her. Its fangs be were bared at the small girl. It curled up into a ball and began rolling at an incredible speed towards Teayre, balancing on its spines as it cut away at rock beneath it. Rolling towards it Teayra activates her <Charge> skill as she swings her katana at it catching the tiny creature causing it to come out of its spin. Ducking to one side she calls to her fiancée. “Cal You’re up!â€

Teayre: 61/61

Calrex: 73/73

Spined Lizard: 35/43 8 DMG (1 Base + 3 Skill + 2 Wea + 1 Ath + 1 Charge)

Total Mats: 2

Calrex : 2

Teayre: 0

ID: 16492

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +1)

As Teayre engaged the lizard Calrex gave a nod, but he realized that he had no equipped his Grand Blade. Currently he didn't even have his Grand Chariot equipped, and now since the two had engaged in battle he was going to need time to equip them. The only equipment him was the Ocean's Defense necklace and the Grand Gauntlets

"No, I can do this without the armor for now. Teayre's here, so she's got my back."

Calrex quickly slammed his fists together to himself focus as he rushed in. As he got into striking range he quickly slid, watching the lizard as it bounced from the momentum built by its roll helpless through the air. As he got into a good position he quickly planted one hand on the ground as he swung his leg around, catching the lizard with a spinning hook kick, sending it into a wall. He gave a quick calming breath as he nodded to Teayre, "We've got this. Switch!"

HP List

Enemies:

Spined Lizard: 29/43

ID: 16496

BD: 6 (3 + 2 ACC + 1 Concentration)

MD: 5 (8 – 3 EVA)

Breathing slowly Teayre’s eyes follow the lizard as Calrex throws it against the wall, the creature catching itself as it launches itself off the wall at Teayre. The red head closes her eyes and slowly turns sideways on as the razor sharp spines of the creature sail past her. As it lands her eyes snap open bringing the tip of her blade down into the ground in front of her Teayre swivels and strikes a clean blow across the slithering critter. “Cal you’re up.â€

HP List

Enemies:

Spined Lizard: 22/43 7 DMG ( 1 Base + 3 Skill + 2 Wea + 1 Ath)

ID: 16504

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1) = 2

As Calrex watched Teayre deftly dodge and strike the lizard a small smile came across his face for a second, "She really has gotten much stronger than before. Of course, we both have, but it's still something great to think about."

When Teayre said he was up he nodded as he rushed forward, planting his foot as he threw a straight punch. However, right as he was about to strike the lizard leapt out of the way, leaving only the mountainside in front of Calrex. His fist slammed into it, leaving a small crater before it was stopped by an invisible wall, the <<Immortal Object>> error appearing in front of him, "Dangit I was close. Teayre go for it!"

HP List

Enemies:

Spined Lizard: 22/43

ID: 16509

BD: 9 (7 + 2 ACC)

MD: 1 (4 – 3 EVA)

Teayre dives to one side as the creature comes towards her again, her katana dancing around the creature’s skin causing flecks of scales to fly everywhere. Stepping back the creature follows her using the Oikawa Kanashiki as a buffer she finds herself getting pushed back by the creature. Twisting the blade so that its edge catches the creature and Teayre flicks the edge bring the small beast up and over her head as she throws it away. “Cal you’re up!â€

HP List

Enemies:

Spined Lizard:13/43 9 DMG (1 + 3 Skill + 2 Wea+ 1 Ath + 2 Bleed) [bleed: 1 Post]

ID: 16517

Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +1) = 11 (+2 Damage)

As Teayre tossed the lizard up into the air Calrex's eyes tracked it as the light blue spiraling chains appeared around his forearms, spinning like drills. As the lizard began to descend he rushed in, standing beneath it as he unleashed his barrage of punches, his upper body and arms turning into a blur of movement as he assaulted the creature with a storm of fists. As he reached the end of his attack he quickly leapt up, delivering a powerful flipping axe kick as he sent the lizard at a high speed crashing into the ground. With that he quickly leapt back, giving a nod, "Go for it Teayre!"

HP List

Enemies:

Spined Lizard: 5/43

ID: 16522

BD: 9 (7 + 2 ACC)

MD: 1 (4- 3 EVA)

LD: 17

Before the scaley creature even managed to touch the ground Teayre was already there with her katana cutting the thing cleanly in two, dismissing the loot window she smiles at Calrex. “Well that’s two more materials from that thing… Although I don’t know how we got more than one material out of it. “ Leaning back she breathes in deeply before exhaling, sheathing her katana she meets Calrex’s eyes with her own. “Right Cal, let’s make our way onto the mountain… Hopefully we’ll find some more stuff in there it is barren around here.â€

HP List

Spined Lizard: -4/43 9 DMG (1 Base + 3 Skill + 2 Weap + 1 Ath + 2 Bleed) [bleed: Expired]

Loot: 2 Mats, 215 Col

Total Material Gathered: 4

Calrex: 2

Teayre: 2