PP - F3 Grabbing a Drink With Some Guildmates (Teayre, Azazel, Ariel)

Calrex gave a sigh as he appeared in the third floor settlement of Delilah, stepping out of the teleportation plaza clad in his casual combat clothing. Normally even without his armor equipped he would be sporting the Grand Gauntlets on his arms, but instead his jacket's forearms were not covered in the deep-sea blue weapons. Instead a small glass ball with a what looked to be a miniature ocean inside hung around his neck, Teayre's gift to him, the Ocean's Defense. However, the one piece of equipment he has kept from his usual Grand Armament was the Grand Blade.

If one were to compare his appearance from before, and when he first started, it seemed like he had gone through two different changes. It seemed like he had somehow gone partially back to the way he armed himself when he first started the game, armed with his sword. It wouldn't be clear to people that didn't know him, but to Calrex it was a clear sign. He wasn't hesitant of drawing the Grand Blade anymore. In the aftermath of his battle against the beast behind <<The Essence of Steel>> quest he had also come to terms and gained control over the side of himself that he dubbed the "cold persona."

"Maybe as a way of congratulating myself I'll go grab a quick drink..."

His mind went back to the time when he went and took his fellow guildmate Azazel out on the sixth floor on an excursion to get to know her a little better as a person than just as a fellow member of Absolute Pin. After they had done some training he had taken her out for a congratulatory drink, which was when she showed him how to quickly down one in seconds. Unfortunately, his choice of drink did not serve well to that practice, as the foam on the top of the Irish Coffee had tickled his throat, forcing him to cough.

"Well, I guess since I've got some time I might as well practice it. At least here in SAO you actually can't get drunk."

With that he looked and saw a small tavern called the Elven Song, figuring he would stop in. Since it was still mid-day, meaning that a lot of the players had yet to come in for their evening ritual, so for it most part there were only a few tables filled up. Calrex saw that the bar itself wasn't occupied and went over to a corner.

"Hm...let's see. I should probably try something different this time, but the question is should I go strong or mixed..."

He contemplated it for a little bit before he decided to get a gin and tonic. The bartender quickly put it together before sliding it to him.

"Alright...let's see how this goes..."

He did the technique Azazel showed him last time, feeling the cool liquid quickly pass through his throat. Within second he looked in surprise to see the drink was gone, "Huh...I guess it really does help to not have a foamy drink."

With that he gave a friendly smile to the bartender and ordered another one.

Anna loved to drink in Delila. It was her favorite floor ever since she’d come here with Life, not only to enjoy the festival that’s gone on, but also because she fought a Minotaur here and actually lived to tell about it. She often liked to come to the Elven Song because they served Takoyaki, one of Anna’s favorite things to eat in game. In fact that’s basically lived off of: takoyaki and beer.

She walked into the bar and over to the counter. “I’d like an order of takoyaki, and beer please, like…. a lot of beer,†she asked. Zaz was about to sit down but instead she caught site of a familiar face and bee lined over to him to say hello.  She approached to find the man throwing back a shot like a true champ. He set the glass down and the commented on how much easier it was to down the drink sans foam. “I told you!†Anna said as she took a seat across from Cal. “You’re a fast study Captain America.†The woman looks up toward the bar and calls out, “Send us a bottle of something strong…†She turned back to the man and smiled mischievously.

“You didn’t have any plans for anything important did you?†

As she was heading off the third floor after doing some training she caught sight of a familiar blue boy in a bar, “What on earth?†As she entered the Elven Song she heard a familiar voice calling over to the bartender.  “I’d like an order of takoyaki, and beer please, like…. a lot of beer,†Smirking to herself Teayre heads over to the pair in the corner of the bar, taking Calrex’s arm she kisses him on the cheek, “Heya Callie-kun Can I get a barrel of mead please?†Batting her eyelids at him she steals a kiss from his lips before slipping in and sitting on his lap, resting her head against his chest.

Looking around Teayre sees Azazel, smiling at her she waves, "Oh heya Zaz, how're you doing?" I hope I didn't interrupt anything at all." leaning across Teayre gives Azazel a quick hug before returning to hugging Calrex. "So what you guys up to?"

Calrex turned in surprise as a familiar face had walked up to him, although for the setting he figured it wasn't too out of the ordinary, "Azazel? Hey thanks!"

"Wait...did she just call me Captain America?...where did she gather that nickname from?"

As she ordered a bottle of "something strong" Calrex wondered what exactly she was planning to...he didn't even get a chance to wonder as suddenly he felt his arm get wrapped in an embrace with a peck on his cheek. A smile came across his face as he turned to see his fiancee Teayre there, "Hey Teayre. Of course!"

As he nodded to the bartender suddenly he felt Teayre steal a kiss from his lips as his cheeks turned red in surprise, but the blush turned into a full face flush as suddenly Teayre was sitting in his lap. The sudden intimacy in the public place turned Calrex's face multiple shades of red. He spoke in a nervous joking tone as he tried to comment, "H-Hey there Teayre, I-I know you're my fiancee but..."

"Oh heya Zaz, how're you doing? I hope I didn't interrupt anything at all....So what you guys up to?"

As Teayre returned to hugging him Calrex  gave a smile as he responded, "Well, I had just recently completed the Essence of Steel quest, so I figured I would celebrate a little by grabbing a quick drink here on the third floor. I literally walked in just a few minutes before you two came in."

At the same time as his sentence finished the bartender came by with all of the things ordered: Azazel's takoyaki, beer, and a bottle of what appeared to be a clear liquid. Teayre's mead came second, with his second glass of gin and tonic third.

"I'm really curious and afraid of what is in that bottle Azazel ordered. It looks almost like vodka, and that stuff burns no matter what trick you do."

Giving a calming exhale Calrex took his drink and practiced the technique again as the old-fashion glass full of  cloudy liquid disappeared in almost an instant down his throat. He set the drink down as he looked back at his two guildmates, "So what brings you two in here? From what I know the Elven Song isn't a really busy bar until around nighttime."

No sooner than she’d set the plan to get Cal to drink heavily with her did Little Red show up. She bounced over calling the man some adorable nickname and hopped into his lap, kissing his cheek. “Well isn’t she a cheeky little tart,†the woman thought. This was amusing as it was the pot calling the kettle black. Anna was the Queen of Cheeky Tarts.  

“Oh of course not Red, you know I’m always glad to see you,†Anna said though she wished she hadn’t showed up right this very second. Her eyes wandered as she spoke to Tea and she caught expression upon Cal’s face. She knew what that meant look, but she wasn’t expecting what she heard next.

“Fiancée?† Zaz was rather surprised but her words were ignored as the pair of lovebirds began to chirp back and forth.

It was a shame really. There weren’t many men she could flirt with, and now she lost option.  The woman clicked her tongue and looked elsewhere; it was incredibly boring to be a third wheel. She was about to excuse herself but her food and many drinks appeared upon the table and so now she was stuck. 

“I think we need a drink!†She said opening the bottle and poured three shots of the clear liquid, “You know to toast your impending nuptials. I can’t believe you didn’t tell me Teayre,†she pouted, “I thought we were friends.† Passing out the glasses, she took hers up, “Here’s to the both of you. Congrats!† She drank down the harsh and fiery liquor and set her empty glass upon the table.

“Another!†She said waiting to pour another round.

Ariel was pissed, like really pissed off. Some NPC hot shot noble at the 3rd floor, decided to cancel the order for the fancy dresses that he had Ariel make for his wife. The guy even had the nerve to laugh in her face and say that is was his bad for not getting in touch with her, to cancel it, the second day after he made the order...when the blonde didn't even started making his items. She felt a urge to attack the man and even drawn her precious rapier at him.her killing intention was visible enough that a system warning appeared in front of her, saying that she can't kill NPCs inside the city or some s**t like that. After reading it, Ariel let out a sigh and sheathed her weapon..warning the noble to be watchful of his back when out of town and never, NEVER even think of coming to her shop again. And she then left with an angry expression, heading towards the teleportation gate. 

The words 'Elven Song' written on a modest plate, entered her line of sight. 'Why not!?' she asked herself while changing her direction towards the place. As she entered, she ordered herself a green lemon Ice tea from the bar, hoping that her favorite beverage would help her calm a bit. After the bartender quickly prepared said drink, she took a sip and finally looked around the place: 'random drunk, random guy....random couple' she started enumerating what she saw, half out of boredom and half in the attempt to focus her mind on something else.

"Another!" she heard someone shouting and uninvertedly directed her attention to the source. A brunette was ordering from a table at which also sat a blue haired guy and a red haired girl in his lap....'wait, I know that couple!' she thought with a surprised expression. Then after confirming that all 3 of them were in fact her guild members she took a look at what was on the table. 'A party? Might as well join in..or at least say Hi! ' she thought while heading towards the merry bunch that was taking shots.

"Working hard on your 'skills' I see" said the blonde in a mocking tone as she put her drink on the table. "I know I already told you T-chan but I believe congratulations are in order for you two Cal-kun!" she then turns towards Aza and greets her with a smile: "Nice to see you again Azazel-san. Isn't it great for them? How are you BTW? I already know from experience that these two will get all lovey-dovey so we might seize this chance to get to know each other better." she asked, internally feeling a bit gellous towards the two's happiness even if she didn't show it. She also non-chalantly took a seat from nearby and placed it near Azazel and sat down. She had started to forget about her argue with the nobleman.

• 3 weeks later...

Teayre looked at Azazel sheepishly slipping off Calrex’s lap before she hugged the brunette, as she broke the hug a small thump came from the bar table and she put a goblet underneath the barrel and poured out the smooth golden liquid from with filling her receptacle to the brim. “I’m… I’m sorry Zaz, it just never really came up. I was going to tell people at the hot springs, but you played damage control for me… Which reminds me… That’s on me, I’ve got to say thanks in a way.â€

Nudging Calrex with her head she sits on a stool the other side of Azazel, smiling as she hears another voice join in their little groups. Turning Teayre waves at Ariel before taking a sip of her mead. Her smile widening now. “I was just on my way to another floor and I saw you guys in here… I couldn’t just pass by without dropping in could I?â€

Beckoning the barkeep over she smiles at him “Hey could we set up a tab? For everything here? I’ll pay for it.†The NPC paused for a moment when a pop up appeared on Teayre’s screen dismissing it she smiled at the group she was with. “So speaking of weddings… Any ideas for us?â€

As Azazel poured her congratulatory shots for the group Calrex quickly tossed back the second Gin and tonic he had ordered before accepting the shot, quickly putting it away as well. He could feel the cool...wait...warm...liquid rush down his throat as he set the shot glass back down. Since he was busy doing that the bartender had already approved of Teayre's request before returning back behind the bar.

"Hey...I was gonna do that..."

He set his empty glass down as he rested his elbows on the table, with his chin on his hands, which the left covered his right fist. By this point Ariel had already joined the group and begun interacting with Azazel, so he looked over and gave a warming smile to Teayre, "Well I'm glad you guys did. I was just returning from completing and quest and figured I'd grab myself a congratulatory drink before heading back. Plus, since Zaz here taught me a trick for quickly putting away a drink I figured I'd best get some more practice doing it. Although I think I'd better be careful on the amount right?"

"I'd really rather not trick my brain into thinking the amount of drinking in this game would translate to real world situations. I'd probably be dead of alcohol poisoning if that were the case."