PP - F2 A More Relaxed Gathering Trip (6th Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Meokka) (Completed)

"Hm...let's go ahead and start on this floor actually. You'd be surprised to know that there are monsters strong enough for every strength level, and for some reason ones closer to your strength tend to be attracted to you. Most of the time lower level creatures tend to avoid high level players, so only the ones respective to your level actually go after you."

With that he looked around, seeing a few wolves nearby, "Let's go ahead and engage those wolves for now. They're fairly swift, so it might be good accuracy training as well."

With that Calrex drew his Grand Blade, feeling the weight of his blade bring an overwhelming calm over him as he gave a long, deep breath that was full of determination. As well his demeanor became poised at the ready, like the calm of the ocean before a raging storm, "I'll draw their attention, so get ready Meo."

He started walking forward, the light blue aura chains spiraling like drills around his forearms and shins. As he got into detection range he raised the Grand Blade high while holding it in a reverse grip. He swiftly stabbed it into the ground as the light blue aura chains burst from his limbs, resulting on a resounding explosive boom. This sound struck both of the wolves as they turned, their eyes focused in Calrex in the wake of using his new <<Howl>> technique. (Picture this in terms of the effect)

HP List

Calrex: 75/75 (Hate: 3)

Meokka: 31/31 (Hate: 0)

Enemies:

Sharp Fang Wolf 1: 32/32

Sharp Fang Wolf 2: 32/32

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Meokka

17047 BD9 (Yup I'll stick to fighting then XD)

Her blue hair pushed forwards. She looked up and saw two wolves. What could they possibly drop that would be useful. Bones. Sometimes bone armor and weapons mattered. Talons too. She raised her lance and placed it on her arm. Her sharp eyes watched them, and with great force she pushed off her legs. She charged forwards aiming for the closest one. Her lance made contact and she cut from it's shoulder from leg to it's back leg. She couldn't believe how big these beasts were, but all the better to fight against.  She smirked and prepared to get out of the way should an attack come at her. She looked over at Calrex. He sounded just like the beasts they were fighting. She wasn't sure if she should feel impressed or intimidated. Both seemed to strike her at the same time. Meokka then looked at the beast she stuck. It let a howl of rage before falling down for a bit. She smiled to herself. 

"I paralyzed it, but not the other one be careful!"

HP List

Calrex: 75/75 (Hate: 3)

Meokka: 31/31 (Hate: 2)

Enemies:

Sharp Fang Wolf 1: 32/32 -1-1skill-2wp-1crit = 27/32 + paralyzed for 1 turn, can't move or attack on it's turn.

ID: 17048

Battle Dice: 8

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4 (Paralyzed)

ID: 17049

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

As Meokka rushed in Calrex gave an approving nod as he saw the critical strike actually render the wolf paralyzed. However, as he did he turned and saw the second wolf leap at him, it's fangs striking at his shoulder as it bit down. Luckily his Grand Chariot armor took most of the blow as he knocked the monster off, "Nice shot Meo! Let's keep this up."

Turning to face the paralyzed wolf he quickly rushed in, his Grand Blade still in a reverse grip as he ran past it, delivering a powerful slash across the length of the creature as he dashed by. With that he quickly turned, facing the two enemies as he twirled his sword overhead before tossing it into the air, catching it in a hammer grip as he pointed it at the wolves.

HP List

Calrex: 74/75 (Hate: 4) (Mitigation +4)

Meokka: 31/31 (Hate: 2)

Enemies:

Sharp Fang Wolf 1: 18/32 (Paralyzed)

Guest Meokka

17050 BD10 (Yup gonna stick to fighting XD)

She saw the wolf get up very shaking. It would be able to attack this turn for sure! Meokka moved her right hand in an L shape looking at it. Her left hand readied the lance on her right arm. Her amathyst eyes never blinking as she stared the creature down.

"No! You will stay down creature!" she shouted at it

She ran at it and then vanished like a blur. Like a shooting star she rode her lance downwards into the large wolf. She then jumped back to where she was standing.

"Enemy unit remains paralyzed." she got into position again. 

Calrex: 74/75 (Hate: 4) (Mitigation +4)

Meokka: 31/31 (Hate: 4)

Enemies:

Sharp Fang Wolf 1: 12/32 (Paralyzed AGAIN!)

ID: 17051

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage) (Paralyzed)

ID: 17052

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

As Meokka scored yet another critical hit on the first wolf, continuing its paralysis, Calrex noted that these two successful attacks would probably draw more attention to her than him due to the amount of damage she's done in such a short amount of time. Due to that he forwent his attack time as he formed the light blue aura chains around his limbs once again, giving him a menacing appearance as he twirled the Grand Blade around his body with fearsome skill before tossing it into the air. As he caught it in a hammer grip he slammed the end of the handle into the ground, the aura chains erupting once again as he used his <<Howl>> skill, the wolves now once again affixed on him.

As he got to his feet he saw the second wolf coming, but this time he managed to easily dodge the attack as it leapt forward. "Alright, keep it up Meo! I'll keep their attention!"

HP List

Calrex: 74/75 (Hate: 7) (Mitigation +4)

Enemies:

Sharp Fang Wolf 1: 12/32 (Paralyzed)

Guest Meokka

17053 1 (+2 to BD next turn)

Meokka went to attack but the wolf quickly moved. She turned and switched hands with her lance. Now using her right hand instead of her left. She placed the lance on her left arm and took aim.

"I failed, I'll try to avoid missing again sir."

She still hadn't blinked. She was in the zone with trying to take out the enemy. There was little that could distract her. Not even the piercing sun that kept threatening to blind her gaze on the monstrosities in front of her.

She didn't want to appear weak and got ready to strike again. She moved one leg back. Ready to brace or to jump out of the way should she have to.

"I will not run for you beast." she whispered to herself.

HP List

Calrex: 74/75 (Hate: 7) (Mitigation +4)

Enemies:

Sharp Fang Wolf 1: 12/32 (Paralyzed)

ID: 17106

Battle Dice: 5

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

ID: 17107

"Don't worry about the miss, it happens to be the best of us. Just keep focused and make sure to keep up the pressure."

Calrex flipped the Grand Blade into reverse as he watched the first wolf get released from its paralysis, beginning to circle him with the second wolf. His mind quickly analyzed their movements, matching them with the past experience he had dealing with creatures of the same type.

"Hm...just like their lesser brethren they're circling around, trying to get into my blind spots. However, before it was usually one at a time. Now with two at least one will have a higher chance of doing so. Meaning..."

As he saw one wolf disappear from his peripheral vision he immediately dropped his body low as he saw the wolf fly overhead. As he did his eyes remained locked on the one in front of him as it tried to secure a strike by leaping at him while he was crouched. Since he was already low to the ground he quickly threw his shoulders to the side as he side rolled out of the way, popping out of it as he kicked to his feet, "Alrighty I've still got their attention. Go for it Meokka!"

HP List

Calrex: 74/75 (Hate: 7)

Enemies:

Sharp Fang Wolf 1: 12/32 (Paralysis End)

Guest Meokka

17136 BD7 +2 = 9 but no crit as it isn't nat 

She went to the moved forwards and thrust her lance forwards with the help of her other arm to aim. It hit right on. The wolf went down for a second. She couldn't tell if it was paralyzed but something in her gut was warning her this was some sort of charade to get her guard down. She jumped back persing her lips. She looked over to Calrex. "I can't tell if it's paralyzed this time sir." she looked back at it. She didn't want to get too close to it and she had the other wolf to worry about as well. She held her breath for a moment and got hoped Calrex could keep up his dodging.

HP List

Calrex: 74/75 (Hate: 7)

Enemies:

Sharp Fang Wolf 1: 12/32 1-1-2 = 8/32

ID: 17140

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

ID: 17141

As Meokka struck the first wolf again Calrex gave a nod to her warning as the Grand Blade flashed a light blue hue. As he got in close he flicked the blade so that his right forearm was parallel with his body, wrist facing up. The point of his sword was directed at the wolf with the main edge facing upwards. As he gave a deep breath he unleashed his Swallow Return technique. The first slash came from low left to high right, cutting at a diagonal. The second from low right to high left. Lastly the third came from top middle to bottom middle. The three attacks came out almost simultaneously, each slash leaving a chain afterimage, as if Calrex had bound the wolf.

As the wolf reeled from the strike Calrex turned and saw the second wolf leap at him once again, "Consistent with pattern. I occupy myself with one, then the other tried to stri..."

He quickly turned as he saw the first wolf leap at him, managing to get a strong bite into his shoulder once again. Calrex grabbed it with his free hand and struggled for a few seconds before the monster let go as he tossed it to the side, "Guess I should keep watching for both until one of these two go down."

"Alright Meo, go for it! Finish this thing off and we can focus on the second one."

HP List

Calrex: 73/75 (Hate: 9) (+4 Mitigation)

Meokka: 31/31 (Hate: 5)

Enemies:

Sharp Fang Wolf 1: 2/32

Guest Meokka

17150 4 (+2 next turn)

Meokka ran but the enemy quickly dodged her before she could strike, but she ended up behind the beast. She looked to Calrex. "Finish it off!" she shouted to him. She looked to the other wolf. She felt it'd be her next target. She leaned back a bit placing her weight on her back foot, and was ready to charge the other wolf. She had never seen such dark fur before, it was so coarse she wondered if it as sharp as it looked. Using monster pieces for enhancements was always a good idea. She wondered what she could make from it's eye alone.

ID: 17156

Battle Dice: 7

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

Loot Dice: 6 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 9

ID: 17159

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation

As Meokka turned her attention to the next wolf Calrex nodded as the first wolf leapt at him. Seeing that he wasn't going to be able to evade in time he caught the wolf by the jaws with his arm. As the wolf latched on he quickly pierced it through the side as the creature burst into crystals.

Immediately after the second wolf leapt at him from behind, managing to deliver a quick swipe at him with its claw. This however also activated the Grand Chariot's Thorn's ability as the chains formed around his arm and back, exploding as it send shards at the wolf.

"Alright, one down, let's get this one next!"

Loot List

+1 Material

Total: 4

HP List

Calrex: 71/75 (Hate: 10) (+4 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Sharp Fang Wolf 1: -8/32 (+1 Thorns)

Sharp Fang Wolf 2: 31/32 (+1 Thorns)

Guest Meokka

17163 BD1 +2 3(+2 bd next roll)

The terrain tripped her up and the weight of her lance brought her down. She huffed and used her lance to stand up. She backed away slowly with her lance over her shoulder. "I need to reassess my tactics." She wouldn't take missing so horribly to heart this time.  She held her breath and she moved her right hand out in an L shape taking aim on the enemy. "I'll get it next time don't worry."

HP List

Calrex: 71/75 (Hate: 10) (+4 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Sharp Fang Wolf 2: 31/32 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 17167

Battle Dice: 7

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

As Meokka stepped back to reevaluate her approach Calrex gave a nod as he rushed in. Right as he did however, the wolf had already sprung forward with its jaws open. Calrex quickly raised his free hand, the wolf biting down on his forearm. As it did Calrex swung it back and forth a few times before he slashed its side, forcing it to release, backing off.

"These ones really like trying to make lunch out of me don't they?"

He quickly flicked his Grand Blade into a reverse grip as he nodded to Meokka, "Alright, let's keep up the pressure. Switch!"

HP List

Calrex: 70/75 (Hate: 11) (+4 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Sharp Fang Wolf 2: 22/32 (+1 Thorns)

Guest Meokka

17169 6+2 = 8

Meokka saw the other wolf was dead. She kept her focus on the new wolf and ran at the enemy then jumped. She placed her weight on her lance and rode it downard striking the wolf hard in the shoulder blade. She then jumped back and looked to Calrex. She gave him the thumbs up and then looked back at the wolf. "I didn't paralyze it sir." she exclaimed staring the wolf down.

HP List

Calrex: 70/75 (Hate: 11) (+4 Mitigation)

Meokka: 31/31 (Hate: 6)

Enemies:

Sharp Fang Wolf 2: 18/32 

ID: 17189

Battle Dice: 8

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

As Meokka landed another blow she made note of the wolf still being able to move. Calrex gave an acknowledging nod as he rushed forward. Seeing the wolf slash at him again he saw the attack couldn't be avoided from his speed and angle. He quickly endured the blow before dealing one of his own, slashing the wolf across the body as it flew by. As the two passed the Grant Chariot armor's Thorns ability activated, pelting the wolf with a barrage of chain shards.

Calrex gave a quick turn as he nodded to Meokka, "Go for it!"

HP List

Calrex: 70/75 (Hate: 12) (+4 Mitigation)

Meokka: 31/31 (Hate: 6)

Enemies:

Sharp Fang Wolf 2: 10/32 

Guest Meokka

17196 8

Meokka knew she wouldn't be able grab it's attention. The wolf seemed transfixed on Calrex. There was a part of her that hurt over the idea. Yet she couldn't fault the person who made her feel this way. After all the person was drunk. Yet she was surprised at the lengths Calrex went to make sure the wolf was preoccupied with him. She wondered if having light armor would be better for him. Keeping the enemy focus and being able to dodge every single hit. It was an interesting concept. Meokka rushed forwards and struck the wolf in the paw trying to paralyze it. It just let out a mighty roar. 

"Tch, so close." she figured she didn't strike it hard enough. That just made her want to hit the thing harder! "Take it down if you can!" she wasn't sure how much damage Calrex was dealing but she knew it was more than herself. She though he could take it down.

HP List

Calrex: 70/75 (Hate: 12) (+4 Mitigation)

Meokka: 31/31 (Hate: 7)

Enemies:

Sharp Fang Wolf 2: 10/32  1-1-2 = 6/32

ID: 17204

Battle Dice: 9 (Damage +1)

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (Damage +2)

Loot Dice: 2 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 5

As Meokka left the wolf to him Calrex gave a nod as he gave a calming breath. By the time he was prepared the wolf had leapt at him, latching onto the area where his shoulder meets his neck. Luckily the Grand Chariot armor kept the monster at bay while Calrex grabbed the wolf by the neck, squeezing as he forced the wolf to detach before he tossed it back with enough force to send it rolling.

After doing so he immediately sheathed his Grand Blade into its sheath as he used his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly close the distance between him and the wolf. As he got into striking range he quickly drew his sword as he delivered a blindingly quick series of slashes, his attacks becoming a blur. After ending his attack in a series of light blue slashes the afterimages appeared like chains, as if he had bound the wolf before the chains and the wolf vanished into light blue crystals. Calrex twirled his sword around his body before tossing it into the air, catching it in a icepick grip before sheathing it back into its scabbard, "Alright, second one down."

He turned back to face Meokka, giving an approving nod, "Nice work in that battle. We got another two materials out of it."

Loot List

+1 Material

Total: 5

HP List

Calrex: 68/75 (Hate: 14) (+4 Mitigation)

Meokka: 31/31 (Hate: 7)

Enemies:

Sharp Fang Wolf 2: -4/32

Guest Meokka

She gave an exasperated sigh. The wolves were fairly large she hadn't expect that at all. Yet she was pleased she was able to hold her own and damage the beast. She looked to Calrex and stretched a bit.

"So you're the reason they found us?" she peered at his level and her eyes went wide.Meokka was more barely half, well not even, his level.She wasn't sure if she should feel angry she still wasn't anywhere near his level or not. Then realized she held her own pretty well against wolves that might be twice her level.

"Your training regiment must be really tough." she admitted. She couldn't help but admire his resolve and raw power. One day she hoped to achieve something like that. At least she was on the right path to it, or so she hoped.

She did noticed some of his HP was gone. She pursed her lips feeling a bit responsible for that. The <<Howl>> ability. She wondered if he had a lovers spat with Teayre over it. She didn't even want to think about it. She made him take all the hits.

"Sorry about that. We can rest, or just search for materials while your HP recovers. You'll be all right right?" Calrex was her friend, and she didn't want to be responsible for getting the man hurt. She worried over him, even if he probably could handle a beating with that impressive armor of his.

"Well, I can't really say that my training is really tough. All I do is pit myself against creatures just at the edge of what I would consider safe to battle without using potions. It allows me to push myself further, and should things get tough I keep potions on me to quickly even the odds."

As Meokka made note of his damage Calrex gave a small laugh as he patted his armor, "Oh the hits I took? Don't worry about them I should be back to full strength in about a minute. The Grand Chariot armor is really good at absorbing a lot of the damage that comes at me."

"Nonetheless I would be wary about going up against more monsters in the meantime."

"But you're probably right. Let's go ahead and grab a quick breather before resuming our efforts."

With that Calrex saw a nearby rock, taking a seat.

Guest Meokka

Seeing a tree parallel from the rock she ran over and ran ran up the tree, hung on a branch and carefully pulled herself up into it. She looked around keeping look out while they rested. "How many monsters do you tack on at once anyway?" she asked up in the tree. "And did that blacksmith make that too? The one you said you'd introduce me to." she swung her legs back and forth enjoying the gentle breeze. "Do you think we'll be clearing floors soon in the guild, or am I too low in rank to consider taking on that kind of task?"