PP - F2 A More Relaxed Gathering Trip (6th Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Meokka) (Completed)

ID: 18391

Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1)

"From what I know I have no idea about if there is a drowning mechanic, but I do know that you can draw your weapon while underwater. From that last time I can suspect there are monsters underneath the water's surface, but we would be at a big disadvantage, since all of our movements will be slowed while moving through it."

As he tried looking around some more Calrex was unable to procure any materials as well, "Hm...I think we might have cleared this area out. I guess we should keep moving on to the next deposit. As for the feeling, they did simulate the feel of water, as well as dampness on clothing. However, there is a trick to drying off quickly. Usually if you have some alternate equipment you can switch out and back and your clothes will be instantly dry."

Total: 6

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Meokka

18445 LD3

She looked around with him. She thought about the idea of swimming. Maybe there was a way to not drown. Maybe there was a skill they didn't know about. An underwater skill. She knitted her eyebrows together. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to transform parts of one's body to have wings, or a fish tail.She shook her head thinking about it.

"Maybe there is a skill that will let a person breath under water. What if there's a dungeon no one has thought about before. That just makes me curious you know. I'll have to train harder to find all this places' secrets. What do you think?"

ID: 18473

Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 17

"I wouldn't be surprised if there was. There's a lot of things about SAO that we likely still have yet to discover, especially with just ten floors unlocked. I'm sure a lot more things will be revealed as we continue to progress."

As Calrex looked around he saw another deposit of ore as he walked over and retrieved a decently sized piece, adding it to his inventory, "Looks like we're in luck again."

"An underwater dungeon. That reminds me of a game I played some time back, where you needed to navigate most of the dungeon's tunnels underwater, but there were small caverns that sort of served as air pockets, as well as a place to fight."

Total: 7

Guest Meokka

18554 ld4

She nodded listening to him. She wondered what his view on no magic was. She walked next to him rather curious on the idea as they continued to search for more materials. She also wondered if any fishermen might know about underwater dungeon possibilities. After all they'd know the lakes and rivers better than anyone.

"A fisherman would know the waters better. I wonder if any of them have thought of this as well. It'd be interesting that's for sure." she moved her hands behind her head as she walked with him. "Maybe there's a terrain like skill we don't know about. There's so much we don't really know I guess. Like a foraging skill to make this easier. That'd be interesting. Speaking of which I don't seem to see anything around here."

ID: 18556

Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 6

Calrex nodded as Meokka voiced her suspicions about the other possibilities about the game, "Well I actually know a player with the fisherman profession, but I don't believe he actually goes into the water. You need to use a rod and reel, so there's no real way to get knowledge of the waters other than what fish inhabit them, at least from what I can gather."

As his search came up unfruitful as well he dusted off his hands, "I'm pretty sure there will be a lot more skills to be revealed with the higher floors we get to. I'm curious as to finding out what they are, or maybe if there's any that can be considered upgrades of our current skills."

Total: 7

Guest Meokka

18585 LD5 (Jeez this sure isn't that great now is it XD)

She walked with him nodding agreeing. She wondered if someone tried making traps or not to make it easier. She supposed that'd be under tools. Maybe a net or something to make fishing easier. Maybe she'd ask a fisherman about that sort of thing. Yet it was fun to know they all seemed to do the generic type of fishing with a pole.

"It sounds like a relaxing job to be honest. As for more skills, I bet you're right. The higher we go the more we'll learn."

She was a bit excited to continue going up then. Yet she was sure saying that would be wrong somehow. She kept it to herself. Maybe it was because she was training so hard.

ID: 18729

Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2 / +1 Item) = 18

Calrex nodded as he continued to scavenge around, spotting a nearby deposit of minerals as he walked over, "Hey, I think we might have more luck over here."

As he dropped into the area he looked around and found a small deposit of iron ore, retrieving it and placing it into his inventory. He nodded as he turned and faced Meokka, "It definitely looks like there's another deposit of ore over here that we can probably procure more materials from."

"In any case I just hope that whatever we do gain from the upper floors serves beneficial to getting us out of here."

Total: 8

Guest Meokka

18730 4

She didn't see any ore she wanted from this new pile in front of her. Maybe she was being far too picky. She did see Calrex procure a decent piece of material and nodded in his direction.

"I was wondering if we'd find something like mounted combat for two handed weapon users. Then I could do some neat jousting. I'll look forward to that day if it happens." she smiled happily. "How far up have you traversed Cal-sama?"

ID: 18731

Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1)

"Mounted combat would be a sight to see. I can't think of how it would benefit is at the moment, but I can see us making use of it should we need to travel quickly across terrain."

As Calrex looked around some more he found another good sized piece of ore, although this time it appeared to be a different kind of metal, bright red rather than the dull grey or jet black of other ores. He added it to his inventory as he continued to listen to Meokka speak.

"I've actually visited pretty much all of the floors for different reasons and tasks, but if you're going by the highest floor I've actually explored around it would be the floor we're currently stuck at, the tenth floor. It's not exactly the most homely looking floor, so I wouldn't suggest frequenting around here. The theme of it seems to be something like the underworld. From what I remember there's even a hindrance to our accuracy when traversing there unless you have the Night Vision skill."

Total: 9

Guest Meokka

18732 ld3

She made a mental note of the red one she saw she was going to have to write up a list with it.

"Man today is not my lucky day. I'm happy you're with me for this. Yeah I think mounted PVP would also add a new level of flair to things. Then again I think that's because I heavily enjoy Arthurian legend. Growing up I had a soft spot for Lacelot." she admitted. 

ID: 18734

Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 17

"Lancelot, huh that is an interesting pick of the Knights of the Round Table. He was an exemplary knight for sure. I'm glad you think I'm being helpful though."

"The way she carries herself though, I would think she was more like Galahad or Gawain. Both were exemplary in the ideas of loyalty and honor, and Meo seems to be trying to live in a similar fashion."

As Calrex continued to look around he found yet another piece of the red ore he had recently discovered as he added it to his inventory, getting to his feet as he dusted off his hands, "I would definitely agree with you on the mounted combat. Paired with two-handed arms they were powerful weapons of war back in the medieval ages, which I guess could be applied to our situation as well. It's too bad we're not likely going to be seeing siege engines within this game."

He spoke in a lighthearted tone as he finished his statement to keep things more casual, as he usually did. Calrex didn't want to come off as serious at this moment, especially on such a fun subject.

Total: 10

Guest Meokka

"You are, you're better at this then I am and it's my profession. I can't possibly thank you enough for helping me out. When I get back to my shop I'm going to examine that ore you just extracted. I've never seen one so vibrantly red before. I really liked some of the stories with Lancelot in them." had he asked her opinion on Galahad or Gawain she would have talked his ear off. She loved all of the nights.

"A seige engine hm. What if there are. You know how towns have safe zones right? What if ones higher up, to keep up with difficulty of the game don't have them. What if there's some sort of monster siege implement in the game later on. Monsters attack the towns. I wonder if we all ready for something that frightening." yet she slightly looked forward to it. Mostly because that only meant they were closer to their goal of escaping. "I think that's ten. Should we stop for today?" She asked tilting her head. "You totally beat me this time." she gave a slight sigh. "Today was not my lucky day at all."

"Heh, that's no problem at all. Of course it's also with the help of this. I can't really say I'm lucky or not, but at least it seems when I need it the most it pulls through."

He reached over and gently grasped the small glass ball, giving a small smile hidden behind his helmet, "As for the siege engines let's hope it doesn't come to that. I'd be worried if we lost the safe zones, heh."

With that Calrex got to his feet once more as he transferred all of the materials he had gathered to Meokka, "But yeah if you feel like we should call if for the day that's perfectly fine with me."

Guest Meokka

18745 10

She nodded to him. 

"Ten materials should keep me for half of the week at least. I might have to start buying more materials. Just to keep up with how much I forge. I might go floor sweeping to get more materials. I'm not sure when though. Hopefully soon. How is Teayre doing these days?" She asked curiously. "Oh that's right she made you that. It certainly is nice. Pretty neat too, that it can help you with your searching. I consider that to be pretty amazing."

She did a final scan of the area, and didn't find anything of interest. She shrugged and looked to Calrex. She then gave him a humble bow.

"Thank you again Cal-sama." 

She stood up straight with a very happy smile.

"I hope we can do this again later. Maybe even have another PVP battle. That'd make my day."

As Meokka bowed to him Calrex put a hand behind his head as his other hand waved off the gesture casually, "Sure thing, no need to be so formal with the thanks, heh."

With that he swiped through on his equipment so that he switched back to his causal combat clothing in a flash of light as he gave a friendly smile, "I would be happy to give you a hand the next time as well. It's nice having company on these kinds of outings. As for the PvP I'm always up for testing my skills, so feel free to let me know whenever you want to spar again."

Since Meokka had given him a bow he gave a thankful bowing of the head as well as he put his hands in his jacket pockets, turning and leading her back towards the gates of Urbus. Once the two had arrived he gave a departing wave as he headed back towards the teleportation gate, planning to go towards the fourth floor once again.

Topic Completed

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • 3 Pages Complete (1200 col / 600 per player)
  • Materials Gathered: 10 (All under ownership of Meokka)