PP - F2 A More Relaxed Gathering Trip (6th Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Meokka) (Completed)

"Hm...well I usually don't think in terms of monsters, because a lot of lower health monsters tend to be less of a challenge than a single strong monster. In fact the last creature I took on actually had about an extra third of my health. It still posed somewhat of a challenge, but not so much that I felt it was too difficult to overcome."

As Calrex watched Meokka take a watch position he smiled underneath his helmet as he activated his <<Reveal>> skill, scanning the area for any potential ambushes lying in wait, "As for the armor, yes. Oikawa made actually three items for me, but this one was actually a gift from Teayre. My sword and gauntlets I commissioned from him to compliment them. When I used to wear them altogether I liked to dub it the Grand Armament."

When he saw there were no enemies within a good vicinity of them he relaxed a little more, "As for participating in the floor raids I think we'll still need to be careful. Right now I would suggest you get a little bit stronger before you think about that. In the floor raid before this one there were two players that were lost, the first time ever in a raid, because they were too low level and fell prey to the boss. If possible I'm sure everyone would like to avoid something like that happening again."

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Meokka

She clapped her hands together as if to pray for the departed. She kept watch anyway not thinking he used his reveal skill. She told herself she'd train more everyday then. She wouldn't befall the same fate as the fallen, but she wouldn't deny them appreciation for their efforts. If they died it meant the boss was dealt heavy damage by them. So they must have been very strong anyway. She swung her legs and looked over to him. "How are you doing over there?" she asked checking up on him wondering if he went AFK for a power nap. "Maybe Oikawa will become some legendary blacksmith." she smiled at the idea. "That'd be neat wouldn't it?" She thought about something for a moment. "Don't worry about me too much Calrex. I'll get stronger, and I'm sure the queen won't allow me to do anything too reckless, you know?" She gave him a warm smile as she swung her legs back and forth. 

"Heh, yeah, I'm sure Ariel will do good by you and train you well."

Calrex looked at his wounds, seeing that some of them had fully closed up, although a couple of others were still recovering, "I should be good to keep searching for materials, but if we're waiting for me to get back up to full health it'll still be a minute or two before that happens."

He got to his feet, stretching his arms out as he let his limbs loosen from the last battle, keeping himself ready for whatever comes at them. "As for Oikawa, his reputation already kind of makes him legendary. With all the business he gets I'm surprised he has time to even go adventuring. But somehow he makes it work."

After finishing his stretch he gave his right wrist a couple of pulls before doing some circling motions, making sure it remained flexible. "As for your getting stronger, if you ever want to test your skills or need a hand feel free to let me know."

Guest Meokka

She jumped down from the tree and looked at him. She figured she was no match for him though, but yet she was curious to try anyway. She gave him a smile.

"Did you want to try some combat? I wouldn't mind sparing with you in a pvp battle Cal-sama!" she'd give it her all. "It'll just inspire me to work harder if I lose, but you never know maybe I have an ace or something up my sleeve." The truth was she didn't, she'd have to rely on her paralyzing weapon to actually crit against him to stay in the game. The chances of that were not very high. "We can keep looking for more materials though, or fight more monsters. I don't mind, either one sounds good to me right now."

When Meokka hopped down from the tree Calrex looked over as he got to his feet, hearing her suggest possibly dueling each other as a way of inspiring her to train harder. Calrex smirked underneath his helmet as he nodded, "Sure thing. It's been a while since I've dueled someone. Although what did you want to do, first strike or half life?"

He took a few steps away from his teammate as he drew his Grand Blade while facing away from her, twirling it around his right hand before tossing it into the air, turning to face her as he caught the blade in a reverse grip, "Go ahead and send me whichever one you'd prefer. And don't worry about holding back, come at me with everything you've got."

"This kind of reminds me of when I fought Oikawa on the eighth floor to a half life. Back then there was a gap between our levels and skills significant enough that I was at a disadvantage, but now it seems like the roles have been switched, heh."

Guest Meokka

She nodded and sent him the half health invitation. She readied herself and watched him. She worried what would happen if she was too banged up. Well the system wouldn't let it get out of hand. She trusted Calrex, now she had to just trust herself. She took a deep breath and readied her giant lance. She stared at it.

Oh give me streagth En Passant.

"Let me know when we start then."

She wasn't sure who would strike first but she had to be ready for it. (Hp is lvl * 2 +3 right? if that's true then 33 I believe)

OOC: Yup you got it. We can decide first strike by rolling the dice. Whoever has the higher Loot Dice (unmodified) gets the first attack on their next post.

ID: 18289

Loot Dice: 19

As the half-life duel challenge came in Calrex gave a nod as he approved the match, sheathing the Grand Blade into its scabbard, cut not all the way that the blade was locked. With that he shifted his footing, going into his modified iaido stance. He gave another deep calming breath as he felt his strength focus and build, like a maelstrom building on the open ocean. He closed his eyes for a second as he quickly visualized the terrain and broke down Meokka's stance before his eyes quickly scanned his opponent for potential information for him to note of combat-wise.

"Lance wielder, two-handed large weapon. Since it's a lance she's likely going to be using a lot of thrusting attacks. I'll need to watch out for that Paralyze ability she demonstrated before. As well her armor seems to be on the lighter side, meaning she might be more agile in the face of the heavy weapon she carries."

HP List

Calrex: 72/79

Meokka: 33/33

Guest Meokka

18292 LD6

Meokka saw the timer show up after he accepted. It started to count down. She breathed through her nose, and exhaled through her mouth. Three. Her eyes shifted from the counter to Calrex.

I have to get one hit on him, or I won't be satisfied with myself.

Two. Her eyebrows knitted together as she watched him change his stance. She moved her body changing her footing. Hoping her armor wouldn't fail her. It was time to put her sister's armor to the test it seemed. One. Her eyes went wide as her pupils shrunk dramatically. FIGHT! She moved the Lance to her arm and let out s scream running at Calrex. (You get first hit!)

HP List

Meokka: 33/33

ID: 18293

Battle Dice: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage) (Ouch sorry! XP)

As Meokka released her battle cry and rushed at him Calrex gave another calming breath as he observed her running position, "Meo, you've got a lot to learn still. You're movement it telegraphing a lot of potential moves and leaves a lot of openings."

As his teammate got into striking range he watched her lance thrust towards him as he drew the Grand Blade in a reverse grip, his strike parrying the spearhead to the side before he activated his <<Sprint>> ability, turning into a blur of movement as he did a rotating step to position himself behind Meokka, his sword raised and alight with a light blue hue.

"Swallow Return!"

He executed the technique he had not used in quite some time, the Swallow Return technique. The first strike came from the bottom left to top right, then bottom right to top left, finishing with a middle top to middle bottom slash. Each slash left a light blue aftertrail, then a quick flash of a light blue aura chain. The speed of the three slashes came out with one after another quickly enough that it almost seemed simultaneous. The three chain afterimages remained for a second before shattering. With that he leapt back, flipping his sword into a reverse grip.

HP List

Meokka: 22/33

Guest Meokka

18296 9 (You'll pay!)

She felt her lance tip up from the collision. She watched as a blur whirled behind her and that's when she felt a sting at her back sending her forwards. A blur of blue data exited her back. That had to have been a critical hit. She didn't care if he was stronger. She'd show him, she had to. She tossed the lance up high in the air as her body rolled against the grass. She slid to a stop and got up. Tapping her back foot she ran and caught her spear with her left hand. She placed it on her right arm and ran past the slowly dissipearing blue flecks that still floated down from when she was hit. In a blue ray of sparkling light around her body and lance the En Passant glowed.

"LET ME SHOW YOU MY RESOLVE CAL!"

She jumped up at the last moment striking his helm. A purple energy emitted from the lance and a sound like thunder resounded.

HP List

Calrex: 72/79   -1 base -1 skill -2 weapon -1 crit +2 Mit = 69 + paralyzed 1 turn

Meokka: 22/33 (Do I take -1 from thorns? )

OOC: Nope, Thorns only activates on a unmodified roll of 6-8, although you did miss I actually have 4 Mitigation, not 2 :P.

ID: 18331

Battle Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (PARALYZED, ROLL WASTED)

Calrex's eyes followed as Meokka quickly recovered from his strike and retaliated, coming at him with incredible speed, even without having the <<Spring and Acrobatics>> skill. Her lance head lit alight with a purple energy, aimed for his face.

"Huh, interesting color for an attack..."

As the attack drew close he tried to throw his body to the side, but the lance instead pierced his chest, dealing a critical blow. As the attack hit Calrex felt like lightning had shot through his body as he looked at his status bar, seeing the lightning bolt symbol indicating the Paralyze effect.

"Darn, I was trying to be careful of that. Nice hit Meo..."

Once Meokka retreated from her attack Calrex would drop to one knee, stunned. He tried to move his sword arm to no effect, the same result happening with his other limbs.

"Guess I'll just have to bear her next advance until I can move again..."

HP List

Calrex: 71/79 (Paralyzed until next post)

Meokka: 22/33

Guest Meokka

18369 BD7 (Your unmodded roll or mine?)

She spun her body around and placed her lance on her arm again. She ran at Calrex and thrust her lance at him hoping for another critical like that, but the purple aura did not appear again. Her pupils shrank in size as she stared. She narrowed her eyes and started to pushing against Calrex's armor to knock him down or back. She needed to get some running distance between them. She was no fool, if she wasn't careful she'd get hit for sure, and with the damage output he dealt already, it would for sure deplete her health bar.

HP List

Calrex: 71/79 1 - 1 - 2 =4 +4 mit = 0 but 1 base is always dealt 70/79

Meokka: 22/33 (Does it go down on my rolls or yours with thorns sorry I still dunno how that works)

OOC: Yup it is your unmoified roll, and for this time I'll add it to this post, but in the future go ahead and dock the damage on your post

IC:

ID: 18370

Battle Dice: 7

Calrex braced for impact as Meokka's lance thrust into his shoulder while he was still crouched, paralyzed from her previous attack. However, this time the effect did not reactivate as he saw the lightning bolt by his health bar vanish. Looking forward he saw his opponent trying to push him over with her weapon in order to try and buy some time, but all that did was cause the Grand Chariot's Thorns ability to activate. The light blue aura chains surrounded his shoulder before exploding, sending a series of shards at the lance wielder. As he got up Calrex flicked the Grand Blade into a hammer grip as he suddenly used his <<Acrobatics>> skill to leap, performing a twist in the air so that he would be facing Meokka when he landed.

As he did he quickly brought his sword across in an attempt to cut across her back. Seeing the blade make contact he stepped sideways, lengthening the path of the blade as he completed the strike. As Meokka's health bar went into the yellow the match was called with Calrex being the victor.

He gave a breath of relief as he twirled the Grand Blade before resheathing it, turning to face Meokka, "Nice match! That was a really strong hit on your first strike. I'll really need to be careful about that Paralyze ability your lance has."

HP List

Calrex: 70/79

Meokka: 12/33 (+1 Thorns)

Guest Meokka

She watched the blue shards that came from thorns, fall right off her armor. She was impressed with that. A defensive armor weapon. That seemed deadly. She always love defensive offence. She smiled at the praise and nodded to him. She placed her lance on her back rather pleased with how it preformed.

"Thanks, I'm happy the lance I made is strong enough to land a blow on you." She stretched a bit. "I told myself I wouldn't be satisfied unless I got one hit in. Lo and behold I got two in. I may have lost the match but in my mind it's a victory. I'm on the right path I think. Thanks for showing me that." She smiled at Calrex. "That thorns ability is brutal, I can't wait get my blacksmithing skill up high enough to make armor like that." she smiled to him. "Maybe I'll ask for a rematch next week or something." she looked around. "So should we collect more materials?"

Meokka: 13/33

Calrex gave a nod as Meokka responded, also complimenting on the Grand Chariot's abilities, "You're well on your way. I wasn't sure initially whether or not I should focus on pure defense or not, but Oikawa convinced me otherwise. That ability has come in handy countless times, especially against multiple opponents. As for a rematch, I'm always up for one, just feel free to let me know."

When Meokka followed up with inquiring about continuing to look for materials Calrex gave a nod, "Sure thing, let's keep going then."

ID: 18371

Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 12

Unfortunately, at least in the immediate area, Calrex as unable to spot any potentially useful items for Meokka's profession. He got up and dusted his hands as he put his hands to his sides, "Hm...there's gotta be some kind of indicator for more items possible."

Guest Meokka

18373 LD18

"Ah so how much mitigation does it actually have?" She asked curiously. "It seemed like a lot to me, or is it because you have ranks in heavy armor as well?" She asked curiously. "If that's the case I'd have to agree with Oikawa-sampia. If you get good enough you'll eventually only take the base damage of one regardless of what your armor has on it. Well maybe not against bosses and the like, but from everything else. It's really impressive. Did you come up with the name Grand Chariot?" 

There was a blue glow and Meokka walked over to it. Sure enough there was a ore deposit.  She smiled.

"Did you find any deposits or chests?"

Mats

----------

"Okay this time I know not to hit it so hard."

She struck it hard and received a material from the deposit. She smiled and nodded to herself.

"I got one.

ID: 18374

Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 7

"Well, I guess I should probably clarify. When I meant focusing on defense I had originally thought of focusing solely on attacking and evading strikes. The Grand Chariot is actually a gift from Teayre from way back. Her sword is actually my gift to her as well. But you are correct, I do have the heavy armor skill in addition to this, so it gives me a serious boost in defense. The Grand Chariot alone only gives 2, but with my own abilities, plus..."

Calrex reached up and directed to the glass ball hanging from the necklace, "The Ocean's Defense, a masterwork from Teayre that she gifted to me I'm right now at about 4 mitigation. So right now if you're thinking of the build of my stats I guess I'm closer to a bruiser or a tank."

As he kept looking around nearby where Meokka had found the ore deposit  he wasn't able to find any traces of another vein of ore nearby, "Hm...guess this is going to be the longer part of the trip in terms of materials. At least Meokka's finding some at the moment."

"Nothing right now. It seems like the materials in this area are a little more sparse at the moment."

Total: 6

Guest Meokka

18375 1

She moved closer seeing the bauble around his neck. It was very neat to look at. It really did remind her of the ocean. She wondered if Teayre made it from memory of the real ocean, or if it was from seeing an ocean here in the game. She looked up at Calrex with a curious expression. 

"Which do you think she drew inperation of? The actual ocean or an ocean here. Hm I wonder how water works in SAO. I never bothered swimming or anything now that I think about it. Have you?" she was so distracted with conversation she forgot to look for materials.

mats

ID: 18381

Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 4

"Hm...that's a good question. I haven't seen the ocean before here in SAO, so I would guess that she probably drew it from the actual ocean itself. As for swimming I personally haven't done it, but on our first quest Oikawa and Teayre both decided to take a swim in a nearby pool. There's a shop that opened up recently that I might look into, since I'd rather prefer to go in actual swimming trunks than the undergarments of the player avatar. It seems like something fun to do though, so I might ask around and see where the nearest beach is at some point."

As he looked around he thought he found something useful, but as he inspected it closer the piece turned out to be a trick of the eye. Rather than a single rock, it was a pile of various color rocks that looked to resemble a vein of ore.

Total: 6

Guest Meokka

18387 6

"I wonder if you can drown as well. I know you can fall to your death, but drowning? Hm. I know you can fish, I wonder if there are underwater monsters as well. I never thought about that until now. What do you think? So you've also gotten wet before. Do you actually feel water or......" she wasn't sure how water worked and probably wouldn't until she experianced it for herself. "I wonder if I'll even be able to swim. I haven't done that in awhile. Unless the game makes you do it a certain way. I guess I only have more questions." she didn't seem to find any materials anywhere. "NO luck here."