PP - F2 Absolute Pin Initiation: Skylar (Complete)

Calrex sat just outside of the teleportation circle in the second floor main settlement of Urbus, clad in his deep sea blue full-body armor the Grand Chariot. Attached around his neck was Teayre's gift to him, the Ocean's Defense, and strapped to the back of his hip was his one handed sword the Grand Blade.

"Normally I wouldn't be meeting up with Skylar like this, since the appearance can be a little intimidating, but in this case I have to be serious. I was the one that recommended him to become part of Absolute Pin, so I need to make sure that he has the qualifications to be a strong member of the guild. I've decided to oversee both his initiation."

As he awaited the appearance of his friend and initiate he crossed his arms, leaning against the wall he was standing next to, "I need to do this right. The last time I saw him was when we went out on the third floor forest to take on some minotaurs. He was strong back then, but I hope he's grown stronger since that last time. He was recommended by the council, and I believe in him as a player, so I hope he proves that right."

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Whaa" That was all Skylar had time to say before he fell face first. Thanks to Rutta he was not situated correctly on the teleportation crystal, causing him to crash into a mess. He received the message earlier about taking part in an initiation ceremony but was a bit preoccupied. Skylar stood up and made sure his gear was still with him. The shield was strapped across his back and he wore his gloves, the only thing that was missing was an item he has yet to achieve.

Skylar looked around Urbus for Calrex. The message said he would be here but I do not see him anywhere. There are some players here but none are Calrex.

Skylar spotted what looks to be three players, five NPC's, and a blue statue facing his direction.

Skylar stepped off the Crystal and thought to himself. I wonder if I should go searching, but the message said to wait. So I guess I will wait not like waiting as ever killed someone.

Calrex watched as Skylar appeared through the teleportation circle, but his eyes looked in confusion as he saw his friend look around aimlessly, as if he couldn't locate him.

"Wait...he's seen me in my armor before right? At least I thought he did when we went and fought those minotaurs."

He made a few swipes on his menu, switching out the Grand Chariot for his casual combat clothing as he walked over to Skylar, "Hey man, having a little trouble finding me?"

He spoke in a joking tone as he arrived, switching back to his armor as he fell into Skylar's line of sight, "Guess I don't stand out as much when I'm wearing this huh? In any case, glad you could make it."

He made note of Skylar's equipment as his eyes scanned the player. It seemed like he was bearing the same equipment from before, although it seemed like he had definitely grown stronger from the last time they met.

"Good, he's working hard to become stronger. That's a good sign."

Skylar made a mental note to remember the armor. It really seemed to suit Calrex pretty well. It was the same blue as his hair, so why Skylar did not recognize it was pretty strange.

If he did not change right before my eyes, I would have thought he was a random player.

"Glad I can make it Calrex. I remember you saying you were in a guild. Never would have thought it was going to be this one." Skylar quickly glanced at Calrex. The guy really never even bothers to change. "So what brings me here today?"

I wonder if this would have been like hazing if I was in college in the real world. Scary to think that they may have me sing, or worse play truth or dare.

"Heh, yup Absolute Pin is the guild I became a council member of. In any case, let's get started."

Calrex gave a small cough to clear his throat before speaking in a more formal tone, "Skylar, as the Rook piece of Absolute Pin, your arrival marks the start of your initiation. During this course I don't want you to think of me as your friend, but as my position in the guild. I will personally be observing your initiation. During this I'll be evaluating your abilities not just as a player, but as a person, to see first of all if you are qualified to become a full-fledged member, and if so where you would fall in terms of the duties of the guild."

With that Calrex gave a small sigh as he dropped the formal voice, as if he had gotten tired of being serious, "Just know that we're doing all of this for your sake. Absolute Pin is not a place welcome to everyone, it's a place where we're trying to bring the best of the best to work together in beating this game. You were selected because we believe you have the potential to become great players, whether on the frontlines or not. I need to confirm their suspicions are right, and if it is not the case I'm not going to put you at unnecessary risk."

With that Calrex temporarily assumed his formal voice, "Knowing this Skylar, do you accept these conditions?

Skylar had his hands behind his head the entire time. Being perfectly at ease.

The guild has an initiation which is pretty cool. Might as well keep the rift raft out.

Skylar had to make the conscious effort not to laugh at Calrex's serious voice. He nodded acceptance before adding. "Yeah, why not be risky? Playing safe in the back lines will never get us out of this game. Just make sure it is as interesting as possible."

Skylar was not particularly nervous about making it through the initiation. In life you either made it or did not. No use crying over something just because it ended badly. So he sat and waited for Calrex to give an order. Skylar may be a difficult person at times without much of a serious bone. He still wanted a family.

As Skylar gave his answer Calrex gave a nod as he approved of the boy's statement, "Alright then, if he's ready to go..."

The rest of the time Calrex spoke in his normal relaxed voice, "First of all I'd like to get to know a little about you in terms of what you think you can bring to the guild. Absolute Pin is not a just combat guild. We are also looking to assist in all aspects of Aincrad, and that also includes running shops and material gathering. I'd like to get a gauge where your strengths and weaknesses are so that should you be accepted you will be put in a position you can serve the best in. Of course it seems like you have a desire to be a part of the frontlines groups."

With that Calrex gave a small breath before continuing, "The second part, of course, is the thing that we need to evaluate no matter what the case. I'm going to be taking you into a small dungeon on this floor to evaluate your combat and exploring capabilities. I will be with you the entire time should things take a turn for the worse. This is to make sure that you are more than capable of continuing to take care of yourself."

With that Calrex directed Skylar in the direction of the gate, "I can ask you these questions on the way."

Skylar smiled if only to hide his slight insecurities. I hope the things I could bring would be good enough for the guild. Then again I could bring something.

"To be honest I would like to be a part of the front line groups. But doing that is not all that I am capable of. My hobby is playing music and making music crystals. It is not open often because I rarely have time to go and gather materials from the frost floor. I do have a special talent with animals though. Like Rutta here." Skylar pointed at his companion. "I can tame animals slightly better then other people. Help others find their familiar. That may not be great but it is something"

Skylar stopped after explaining the scope of his none offensive abilities. "Now you should no already I am good in a dungeon but I have no problem showing off."

One thing I am never worried about are my fighting skills.

"So what are the other things you want to ask?" Skylar had to let Calrex talk. He hoped he did not over do it.

"Heh, well those are some good answers so far."

"A little confident, but Skylar definitely has the skills to back up the talk, at least from what I've seen of him in combat."

"Well, this is mainly a test of your skills in the heat of combat. If you want to be a member of the frontlines you're going to be need to be able to hold your own, or else you become a weak link in your team's formation. There were two deaths in the last floor raid, and I'm sure everyone would like to avoid any more losses."

As the two continued Calrex made note of an incoming wolf, "Alright Skylar, let's see what you can do."

HP List

Calrex: 79/79

Skylar: 42/42

Enemies:

Lone Wolf: 39/39

Skylar listened with rapt attention. He always knew the front lines were the most dangerous out of all the places to be. The fact that players still managed to get killed these days came as kind of a shock. He wondered if Asen was the one to die. That would explain why he never responds.

Skylar was lost in thought when Calrex spoke again. "Alright Skylar, let's see what you can do."

A lone wolf? He is actually testing my battle ability by fighting a lone wolf.

"Sure thing man!" Skylar started to run towards it. The first strike always set the pace for the battle.

ID: 17766

BD: 9 (+1 Crit)

Skylar used the <<Sprint&Acrobatics>> skill to close the gap. Before the wolf could even blink Skylar leaned back to preform a snapshot kick to the muzzle. It was pretty effective as the wolf stepped back in pain.

HP List

Enemies:

Lone Wolf: 32/39

ID: 17767

Battle Dice: 5

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1)

Calrex observed as Skylar's <<Martial Arts>> skill was displayed with his kick to the wolf, which gave a yelp of pain as he leapt back.

"Just like with the minotaur Skylar's definitely gotten a strong grasp of the Martial Arts skill. He's definitely well on his way to becoming one of the best fist fighters in Aincrad. I've seen most people take it just on a whim, but he's definitely taken his time and focused on it."

As Skylar backed off the wolf charged at him, but the strike left it reeling, the wolf's claw flying way short of striking range of hitting Skylar. As the wolf closed in Calrex warded it off with a quick jabbing slash from the Grand Blade. Immediately after drawing the blade he immediately resheathed it, his hand on the handle, "Go for it Skylar. As well I have another question for you. Have you participated in any battles with more than one person at you side?"

HP List

Enemies:

Lone Wolf: 32/39

Skylar heard Calrex over the snarling wolf. "Go for it Skylar. As well I have another question for you. Have you participated in any battles with more than one person at you side?" 

It was a thought. I have been fighting so many things with so many people.

"Most of the time I tend to fight alone. One time I did manage to fight with two people besides me. Other then that it is me with maybe one person."

ID: 17771

BD: 10 (+2 Crit)

Skylar leaped over the wolf in a somersault. Before he touched the ground he kicked backwards not even knowing if he hit the wolf. The only indicator was the fact that the wolf yelped. Skylar turned to check out his handiwork. Already Skylar was doing good work.

HP List

Enemies:

Lone Wolf: 24/39

ID: 17773

Battle Dice: 8

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

As Skylar connected another critical blow on the wolf Calrex couldn't help but feel like Skylar had some kind of luck with his strikes. Even against the minotaur he managed to do most of the work in landing powerful strikes against it.

"I usually don't believe in that kind of stuff, but maybe the system for some reason is working in Skylar's favor."

"So you have done it once before, good to hear. Alright then, my next question..."

As he spoke Calrex quickly closed the distance between himself and the wolf as he executed an uppercut slash, knocking the wolf's front upwards before he delivered a quick series of slashes, knocking the wolf to the side as he leapt back, "Where do you think you'd serve best in the way you are now, as there are currently two parts that involve the frontlines. One, managed by the Knight pieces, are involved with the offensive strategies, while the other, managed by the Rook pieces like myself, are involved with defensive tactics and tend to back up the Knights."

HP List

Enemies:

Lone Wolf: 15/39

Skylar was dancing around the wolf. He almost felt bad for it. The claws and maw would get so close, almost being able to rake against his soft flesh. Skylar almost felt like he was teasing the poor beast to death.

Awe so close! But you have to do better then that. Whoa! Those are some good slashes.

The next question Calrex asked was not much of a thought. "Knight, my main goal it to strike hard and take it down. Although I do not think I would mind being a rook. It is not too late to change my stats too something more defensive.Although I think with proper practice I can hit twenty damage in one shot."

ID: 17774

BD: 7+2= 9 (Success)

Although Skylar was talking he always payed attention to his surroundings. The wolf made a lunge when it thought Skylar was busy. Skylar easily ducked under the sailing lupine. Skylar quickly thrust his palm straight up into the stomach. Before changing it to a grab and throwing the beast.

HP List

Enemies:

Lone Wolf: 9/39

ID: 17783

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 18

"Heh, well don't go getting ahead of yourself just yet. The Knights and Rooks are members of the council, but the groups I mentioned are commanded by them. Nonetheless you definitely seem like you want to fall under the Knight command. That means for now, should you be accepted, that you would be under my fiancee's command."

As Skylar's throw send the beast towards Calrex he sheathed the Grand Blade and gave a calming breath, watching as the wolf flew closer and closer. As it got into striking range he took a short step forward as he drew his blade in a reverse grip, slashing the wolf as it flew by. He gave the sword a quick twirl before smoothly resheathing it as the wolf exploded into crystals behind him. Without even turning to acknowledge its demise Calrex nodded to Skylar before speaking in a lighter-hearted tone, "Well at least this time I actually managed to land a few hits. Let's keep moving."

Loot List

1 Material

Bonus Loot: 195 col (Mob Health 39 * 5)

HP List

Enemies:

Lone Wolf: -1/39

"Oooops! I did not  mean to get a head of myself. I meant to say I would prefer to serve under the knight faction. "

​The thought of someone giving me some form of authority would be ridiculous. They would very well learn to dislike my tyranny. For I am the incarnation of all evil! Mwahahaha. Than again I am to fluffy and cute to be pure evil.

Skylar watched as Calrex dispatched the wolf in one fluid motion, before the words hit him. "Wait, your fiance is in this guild?" Skylar did not even comprehend that he may already be accepted into the guild

She must be very powerful to be able to lead and offensive faction as good as Calrex. I suddenly have an appreciation for this Teayre. 

"So what are we doing next?"

"Haha yep. When it was founded by Ariel she appointed me and Teayre as leaders of the respective teams that are in charge of frontlines operations. Since Teayre is more of an offensive rush in attacker, she was given the Knight piece. As for me, I'm usually more calculating and on the defense, so I was given the Rook piece."

Calrex straightened himself as he directed Skylar in the right direction, "Well, now we keep heading towards that dungeon. Shouldn't be much farther now. I've gotten about all I need to know about you, so now this is the formality of testing your strength in the dungeon's depths."

After some time the two arrived as a simple cave entrance, "Alright, here we are. Go ahead and take point, I'll be right behind you. For the most part you will be having to go through this on your own skills and strength, but should the situation become dire I'll immediately step in."

Skylar took the lead as Calrex asked. Normally he would stay away from dark places but he was already here.  There was no reason for Skylar to appear weak, nor would he allow himself to become weak. Until his health bar reached Zero he will fight to the death. Still it was more confusing since he really have no clue what to do.

"So do we have anything specific, you would like to do?" Not having a plan can be more dangerous then anything, but if it is a trust exercise. I could already be failing.  "Or we can just see where it takes."

It was pretty dark in the cave and Skylar had some visibility issues. A squeaking was heard and Rutta's growls was the only warning.

ID: 17798

BD: 7+2=9

MD: 1-1=0

Skylar ducked to the side as a dark figure got close. He punched out with his right hand on reflex, his fit hit something solid but Skylar could not see what it was.

HP List

Enemies:

Dark Bat: 40/40

"Nothing specific, although I do want to see how you fair inside. Just approach this like you would any other dungeon. I'm for the most part here to observe and evaluate."

"It does seem pretty dark in here, but not enough that my Night Vision skill triggered. That means it shouldn't be dark enough to be a hindrance to combat. However it does give this place a more menacing appeal. Alright Skylar, let's see what you can do. Dungeoneering encompasses a lot of different skills, because all of them are required to make it through."

Calrex kept quiet as he observed Skylar's actions, occasionally using his <<Reveal>> skill to look for any potential ambushes. However, rather than calling them out like he usually would, he made note of them to see how aware his teammate was being of his surroundings. As he saw Skylar's fist fly at a nearby bat he took note as he unlocked the Grand Blade from its sheath

ID: 17800

Battle Dice: 1

"Hm...let's see what Skylar does. I'm at a disadvantageous position right now, so it'd be better to observe for now."

With that he kept still, waiting for an opening to strike.

HP List

Enemies:

Dark Bat: 40/40

Skylar closed his eyes and used <<Search and Detect>> The skill was weak and most likely would not work. But Skylar was not one to be hit by the unknown.

Large, with wings, and small feet. I can see you in my digital mind. Wait is this a freaking bat!

The fact that the squeaking got louder was a hint, so Skylar focused his eyes on the oncoming darkness. Yep, it's a bat!

ID: 17803

BD: 7+2= 9 (Hit)

MD: 7-1= 6 (Hit)

Skylar was so surprised he barely ducked to dodge the bat. The fact that it came around and smashed him in the back was a shock. Rose quartz was on his back and the thorns scrape at the bat, causing it to squeal in rage.

HP List

Skylar: 41/42

Enemies:

Dark Bat: 26/40

((I forgot to take off the damage for the last attack.))