PP - F2 Absolute Pin Initiation: Skylar (Complete)

ID: 18023

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

Armored Shadow Knight

As Skylar took the opportunity to recover the knight saw the opening as it stepped forward, bringing its sword down. The sword fell a few paces to left of the player, but the resounding impact sent some of the stone pieces flying out from the attack, flying at Skylar. With that it took a few steps back, preparing for another attack.

HP List

Calrex: 77/77 (Standby)

Skylar: 34/42

Enemies:

Armored Shadow Knight: 37/54 (+2 Thorns)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 18032

BD: 9 (+1 dmge)

The rocks started to fly while Skylar was trying to heal. He may have been to far for a good hit but the rocks still hurt a bit. The again it did not hurt as much as it would have in the real world.There pain was less temporary and well more Painful. You may feel everything in the real world more intensely. Just if you try to do this stuff in the real world you would die.

After Skylar healed up some, he was on the attack. The Knight did not have it's guard up all the way and Skylar wanted to make sure it did not have the chance to finish. As soon as he healed he went in for a kill. The Knight was raising the shield again "Oh no you don't!!" Skylar shouted. Skylar vaulted over the shield to kick the joint. The hit connected and Skylar finally did some damage.

HP List

Enemies:

Armored Shadow Knight: 31/54

ID: 18063

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

Armored Shadow Knight

The knight watched as Skylar disappeared from view, expecting to feel the resistance as its shield was struck by another attack. However, the player appeared above the shield, striking the elbow that was holding the shield. As the strike connected the attack was strong enough to cause the knight's arm to buckle as the forearm snapped sideways, forcing the shield out of alignment. With the strike the knight reeled back as it tried to swipe at Skylar with its sword. However, with the slowness of the sword swing, the strike didn't even fall close, even going so far as slamming it into a wall, the sword becoming stuck in the wall.

With its sword pinned into the wall the knight lost its focus as it became focused on extracting its weapon.

HP List

Enemies:

ID: 18082

BD: 3+2=5 (miss)

Skylar took this as another chance to attack again. {The Knight is focused on the sword. Time to  kill!}

Skylar was close to the knight before it decided to drop the sword. It raised it's shield to stop Skylar's advancement before thrusting it like a sword. The sharp tip closely passed by Skylar's face.  The tip would have scratched him pretty easily if Skylar was an inch closer. He jumped back to look for another opening before trying to make a move.

"You know I just had a thought. Could this be the Guild's mascot?" Skylar said aloud to Calrex who was still in the hall.

HP List

Enemies:

ID: 18104

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

Armored Shadow Knight

As Skylar retreated from his attack the knight returned back to extracting its sword from the wall. It's miss earlier had really sunk the blade into the stone, which was now acting like a clamp as the weight held the edge in place. The sound of metal on rock was easily heard as the small rumbles produced by the act echoed through the room.

Eventually after a few more seconds the blade popped free of the wall with excess force, knocking the knight temporarily off balance as he stumbled back before gathering itself, facing down the player in front of it once more.

HP List

Enemies:

"You mean the knight? Heh, unfortunately no, the guild doesn't actually have a mascot. Absolute Pin is named from a chess move, so the best thing I'm guessing would be something related to that."

As Skylar asked him a question Calrex gave a friendly smile before putting on a serious face once again, "Skylar's very close to getting it down to half HP. Guess I should be getting ready to step in."

ID: 18109

BD: 6+2=8

"It would be cool if we could train it to be a mascot! Like secret weapon attack. Dark Knight slash!" {Speaking of dark knight slash} Skylar ducked as the dark knight slashed at his head again.

Skylar stepped forward to turn underneath the sword arm. He rolled with the arm bringing his elbow to the back of the neck. "See most people would die from a hit like that. At least pretend to be wounded or you may hurt my feelings!"

HP List

Enemies:

Armored Shadow Knight: 26/54

Condition met. Armored Shadow Knight has reached half health. Calrex has joined the encounter!

ID: 18111

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

"Heh, well while that would be awesome we would need to find a way to actually tame a monster like that. I don't think a familiar can be something like that."

As Skylar leapt back from his strike suddenly Calrex appeared above the knight, the Grand Blade already drawn from its sheath. Once he got into striking range he suddenly dropped in a powerful falling slash, slashing with a strike that left a wound all the way down the knight, as if he had cut it in half. He immediately followed it with a mirrored slash going upwards as he did a large flip, landing beside Skylar.

Since the knight was caught unawares by the attack it reeled from the new type of damage. It had gotten accustomed to the blunt force blows for Skylar's <<Martial Arts>> skill, so the slashing damage was a new sensation to the AI.

Calrex nodded as he landed, "Nice work Skylar! Alright let's take this thing down. I'll show you how a Rook piece fights."

HP List

Calrex: 77/77

Enemies:

Armored Shadow Knight: 17/54 (+1 Mitigation)

OOC: When we get a critical hit does it ignore damage mitigation?

IC:

ID: 18113

BD: 4+2= 6(hit)

"You call that a hit? The guild is in a bad light already." Skylar pretended to pout. The knight was kind of busy trying to recover, so Skylar decided it could use a few more dents in the armor.

He walked. Not ran or move quickly but actually walked. Like he had all the time in the world. The Dark Knight noticed too and tried to stab him. "Is it weird I call this thing the Dark Knight in my head? Makes me keep thinking I am fighting Batman." Skylar noticed the sword as he was talking and grabbed it.

"That will not always work." As the Knight raised his shield to bash him Skylar did a side ways kick hitting the wrist. The entire fist came off knocking the shield out of hand.

HP List

Enemies:

Armored Shadow Knight: 11/54

ID: 18117

Battle Dice: 8

Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +1) = 5

With the detachment of its shield the knight decided to switch to a pure offensive strategy as it began to swing its sword in a flurry of slashes.

"Well I think you went and made it mad. As for your little Batman thing, well, I can't really explain that."

Calrex spoke in a joking tone as he used the Grand Blade to deftly knock each of the strikes that came his way to the side before using his <<Sprint>> ability to rush in, delivering a long diagonal cut along the knight's chest plate. Immediately after finishing the strike he leapt back, "Alright Skylar, finish this thing off."

HP List

Enemies:

Armored Shadow Knight: 4/54

ID: 18120

BD: 3+2= 5 (miss)

Skylar did have a tendency to piss stuff off. The Knight was no difference. One good arm was enough for it to slash you to bits if you got to close

Skylar spent his time moving and talking "You miss, you miss again. I swear are you even trying?" {I swear this game is not all coding, sometimes things react more then what numbers would normally do. Unless the programming guy is god.}

"So what are we doing after this?" Since Skylar was unable to hit it why not have a good chat.

HP List

Enemies:

Armored Shadow Knight: 4/54

OOC: Dangit with the freaking awesome roll finisher XD. Also I'll put the drop in my evaluation thread

IC:

ID: 18126

Battle Dice: 10 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21 (Uncommon Item Found)

As the knight kept its focus on Skylar Calrex gave a long, deep, calm breath as his sword lit alight with a light blue hue before he used his <<Sprint>> ability. Once he got into striking range it began a blur of movement as he slashed rapidly across the knight in multiple directions and angles. The attack seemed to continue for a few seconds until Calrex reappeared in front of the knight, with the multitude of light blue slash marks on the monster flashing an afterimage of chains, almost as if he had bound up the knight. With that he sheathed the Grand Blade. Once the hilt met the mouth of the sheath the chains exploded as the knight burst into crystals.

"Well, after this I will do a couple more questions and then conclude this initiation. Most likely I'll pass my observations on to the council and then contact you on the final decision. But we can definitely go and grab a post-battle drink or something after this."

Loot List

1 Material
Uncommon Item Found: Shadow Eyes Pendant

Item: Shadow Eyes Pendant

Item Type: Lucky Charm

Quality: Uncommon

Enhancement: +1 Accuracy

"Hm...I don't really need this..."

Calrex looked over at Skylar as he passed the loot onto him, "Here, I don't really need this drop, so feel free to use it if you'd like."

HP List

Enemies:

Armored Shadow Knight: -5/54

{I don't want this. I like gem made items only.}

"Thank you." It is easier to be polite, always accept a gift because it could be used later. Skylar looked around the hall for anything else. Sure enough Calrex managed to get the last hit and the loot.

For some reason Skylar always found it to be easier in battle than out. "So what is next up on the Agenda? Oh great leader of the sea. Do you fish? You look like a fisherman kid. No, wait, my bad. You are supposed to be asking the questions." Skylar made the most innocent face he could as he waited for his Sempai.

As Skylar sent a couple of questions his way Calrex gave a laugh, "Leader of the sea? Not even close, although if you're looking for some fish you should seek out a player named Reusririausuir. He runs the only fishing shop in all of Aincrad, at least to me knowledge."

He turned and gave an approving nod as he switched back out to his casual combat clothing, "Nice work. I'll go ahead and start asking the questions once we're out of here."

With that he activated his <<Reveal>> skill and promptly led Skylar back out of the dungeon and out into the fields, "Alright then, I only really have two questions left. Since you said you'd prefer to fight on the frontlines my first question to you, since you've so far been more accustomed to smaller parties, is would you be willing to work alongside other players, guild affiliated or otherwise?"

"Going from his personality, I think I might know the answer already, but I'm curious to see what he says and how he words it..."

{These are actually no brain-er questions.}

"First, Kind of glad you are not king of the Ocean. I hate sand, one of the worst parts about living on the beach. Second or secondly, what kind of question is that. Of course I would. Bigger groups means more people to watch your back! Banding together means a lot of the harder monsters will be easier to take down. For example the dark knight we just fought. I would have destroyed it on my own. On the other hand When you joined in it became a lot easier to handle."

Skylar and Rutta walked alongside Calrex. Easily keeping the pace. "So second question Four Favor?"

"Heh, I'm glad you think the same. I'm not surprised that there might be some others on the frontlines are aren't so humble about their capabilities. We'd definitely have a better chance of everyone surviving if we work as a whole, rather than a bunch of individuals whacking away at a single target. Personal skill is only one part of combat."

Calrex nodded with a friendly smile before continuing with his second question, "As for your next and final question, how much would you be willing to risk while out on those raids?"

"Skylar, how much would you be willing to lay on the line in order to clear a floor, complete a mission, or fulfill an objective for the guild, or yourself, or for others? I know you as an individual, but what kind of drive is moving you forward?"

"I will risk my life." It was an easy answer, but he felt like he would have to explain why as to not seem like a naive kid. "In real life you get one shot to live. On a day to day basis anything could happen and you die. Leaving behind your loved ones and people you care about, never being able to say good bye. This may be a game to some people but this is just like another life to me. Every day I wake up and understand that I could easily die by accident in a monster fight, but if I die here I would be alone. I have family in the real world I wish to see again. Even if it is to say goodbye to them. So I will punch, claw, and bite my way out if I have too"

Skylar stopped after he noticed he was talking so much. "Sorry, I may actually be talking too much!" He laughed trying to lighten the mood a bit.

"Heh, I'm good to see you've got such drive."

"Although you kind of conflicted yourself there. If you're willing to do everything you can to make it out alive, then technically risking your life would not fall into that category. Nonetheless if you're willing to give 100 percent, that's good enough for me."

"We'll make sure that it doesn't come to that requirement, but if you're willing to give it your all we...well, I will be sure to respond in kind."

As his teammate tried to lighten the mood Calrex gave a friendly smile as he nodded, "In any case that's all I needed to know. I'll pass this information on to the other council members."

With that he gave an exhale of relief as he fully dropped whatever seriousness he had before, "Now with all that stuff done how about we go grab a quick drink as a way to wrap up this trip then?"

"Uh.... Sure" Skylar had to think for a second. "The hesitation was because I have a date planned later."

*Rutta purring noises* "Stop it Rutta you are embarrassing me!" Now that all the heavy questions got asked. It was a lot easier to talk Calrex. As they stepped into the setting sun of the day Skylar stretched, feeling the sun on his brown skin. "So what bar do you want to hit up? I can get a couple of good drinks before my date."

{Calrex would make a great big brother. So kind and nice to everyone. Even his serious face can calm a crowd.}

As Skylar mentioned he had a date Calrex's eyes widened in surprise, "Oh shoot really! Oh man how much time do you have?!"

"Well things have certainly taken a different turn! Alright then, well nonetheless I hope it goes well. That's great to hear for him!"

"W-Well in any case congrats! We'll just grab a couple of quick drinks at a nearby bar so that you can be on your way as fast as possible. You'll need to introduce me at some point if it goes well for you."

Calrex gave a friendly smile as they arrived back in Urbus, heading for the nearest bar he could think of. "I'll go ahead and order the drinks if you want to grab a seat somewhere. What would you like to have?"

"Don't worry I have a lot of time till my date. One of the downsides to this game is that there is no underage drinking. Get me a chocolate milk, four favor"

Skylar found a window seat with two chairs facing each other and waited for Calrex to return with the drinks.

After he returned he spoke. "Sure I could introduce you to Clarence the same time I can meet Teayre. Or even go on a double"

{Not sure if Clarence would want to but why not.}