PP - F2 Absolute Pin Initiation: Skylar (Complete)

ID: 17806

Battle Dice: 1

As Skylar engaged the bat Calrex continued observing, keeping an eye on the surroundings. He could jump in and engage now, but it still seemed that if he were to attack now not only would he make the battle more difficult, but he would be also in a way disrupting the initiation process.

"My job is to observe, and only step in when needed. Skylar is strong, so he should be able to hold his own."

Calrex gave Skylar an approving nod as his teammate connected another attack on the bat, but his eyes narrowed for a second as the bat managed to take a swipe at Skylar's back. He fully drew the Grand Blade as he pointed it towards the bat, preparing himself to step in.

HP List

Calrex: 79/79

Skylar: 41/42

Enemies:

Dark Bat: 26/40

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 17809

BD: 2+2= 4 (miss)

MD: 1-1= 0

The bat was pretty fast. The wings were like razors slashing the dungeon walls. The fact that Skylar was acrobatic and had a shield, kept him from being sliced like a Thanksgiving turkey.

"Miss me! Miss me! Betcha can't kiss me!" Skylar did like to taunt.

The bat was moving too fast for Skylar to actually get a hit in. He would have to grapple it in order to get a better hit in. The fact that the bat kept coming was pretty cool.

HP List

Enemies:

Dark Bat: 26/40

((This is why I actually wanted the earrings. The additional +2 accuracy would make it almost impossible for me to miss. ^_^))

OOC: Lol geeze!

IC:

ID: 17811

Battle Dice: 6

Calrex continued observing as Skylar quickly moved around the corridor, avoiding the bat's strikes, but didn't seem to be able to dish out any of his own. He gave a calming breath as he kept the Grand Blade locked on the bat as it moved, squaring his stance before shifting his right leg slightly back.

"Focus...time this right..."

As the bat made a turn that slowed its movement Calrex immediately used the <<Sprint>> ability from his stance, rushing forward with explosive force. As he got into striking range his blade slashed across the bat before he ended his movement a few paces away, turning to keep his eyes on the two, "Nice work Skylar, keep up the pressure."

HP List

Enemies:

Dark Bat: 17/40

ID: 17813

BD: 2+2=4 (Miss)

MD: 3-1= 2 (Miss)

Skylar was getting accustomed to the bat's movements, for a bit. He nor the bat paid any attention to Calrex in the back, until a sudden slash attack hit. Skylar was not sure who was more surprised him or the bat. Even Rutta's ears perked up as he notice Calrex making a move. To top it off Calrex gave a compliment "Nice work Skylar, keep up the pressure." He must think he is the bomb. Gotta hand it to Calrex he can leave a great impression.

Skylar almost felt bad again, killing the virtual creatures often times made him sad. But this is a life or death game and it is him or the creatures. Besides they are not even alive to begin with, they could actually respawn.

Still he would take it out. He just waited till the perfect opportunity. "Sure thing boss man. I will get it."

HP List

Enemies:

Dark Bat: 17/40

ID: 17818

Battle Dice: 8

"Heh, boss man? Buttering up won't help your score there."

Calrex responded to Skylar's statement in a joking tone. As hard as he was at trying to be serious, he felt the atmosphere was calling for more of a casual feeling. If things were too serious it might put unnecessary pressure on Skylar and Calrex wouldn't be able to see him perform at his best. Too casual at he might be too relaxed and hold back.

As the bat came down again Calrex turned and kept his eyes trained on the creature. As it reached an optimal point of attack Calrex rushed in again, leaping up as he delivered a slash across the bat's abdomen as he turned 180 degrees in the air to keep his eyes on the creature.

HP List

Enemies:

Dark Bat: 8/40

ID: 17819

BD: 10 (+2 damage)

MD: 1

LD: 19+3=22

It was easy for Skylar to tell Calrex was joking.

The bat was coming back but Skylar was ready this time. The bat turned around to dive bomb at Skylar. Skylar flipped backwards and shouted "Secret Martial Arts technique. Dancing Snake Whirlwind!" He twisted his legs and started to twist like a top before getting close to the bat. The bat never knew what hit it. The continuous hits by Skylar's heavy legs kept knocking the bat's health down to zero. 

Skylar received some col and a recording crystal. "So deeper into the maze we go?

Loot List:

1 Material

Bonus Loot: 400 Col (Mob health 40 * 10)

HP List

Enemies:

Dark Bat: 0/40

As the bat was destroyed by Skylar's special martial arts technique Calrex gave a nod, sheathing the Grand Blade, "You got it, further in we go. Remember to keep your wits about you, of course."

"That technique seemed pretty advanced and wasn't aided by the assist system. I wonder if he practiced it outside of SAO. Well, I guess I can really say that anyone taking the skill probably has."

He gave a nod to his teammate as he directed him further in, "Go ahead and keep proceeding further in. There will be a monster at the end of this dungeon that you will need to get to half health before I step in, unless you fall into the red zone. Fell free to use any healing items or whatever necessary. Essentially pretend I'm not here and fight to your fullest."

"That is no problem. I pretend you are not here all the time." Skylar was glad Calrex was his tester. Someone else may have gotten on his nerves enough to have him quite. Calrex was calm, laid back, in a manner of being cool to be around.

I wonder what Calrex is like in real life. He seems like a cool guy so far but what if he is a total shut in outside the game. Not that I would ever be able to know. It is very impolite to ask about someone's real life in here.

Skylar was following Rutta in the maze. Skylar had a bad sense of direction as is, he depended on the Leopard to get every where. The passage ways got narrow at some points and wide in some others. The fact that monsters were not overrunning this place was amazing. "Rutta is pretty good at directions. Bet you never came this deep in the maze before."

Calrex gave a laugh as Skylar responded to his statement with another witty comment, "Skylar definitely seems to have a quick wit in that brain of his. He'd certainly be a good person to have around during serious situations. It's not uncommon for people to get too wrapped up in whatever is happening that they can't take a step back and see the forest for the trees, as they say."

"I'm not surprised at all. Rutta is a great companion for you. I usually get around dungeons like this with my Reveal skill, since it allowed me to see through the corridors and actually plot my course out a little easier. It also helps in preventing me from getting ambushed. I guess in a way it's kind of what's helped me get so far without the need to having a familiar."

"As for the dungeon itself, I actually chose this as the place where I take any initiates for Absolute Pin to test them, so I've come here in the past, so I pretty much know the layout like the back of my hand."

As the group weaved through the dungeons Calrex kept track, making note that they were coming close to the monster's spawn room, "Alright, we're almost there Skylar. Get ready."

"I am as ready as I will ever be." Skylar was feeling self confident as usual.

I would have the reveal skill but I am no where near close enough to having enough skill points for that. Still Skylar made a mental note to save up for it. Besides he did not only have Rutta around to be a guide to him. Rutta was a friend, in fact the beast was one of his first friends. Without Rutta I could see myself lost a lot more often.

"So this would be were all the other applicant's came to experience true horrors! The poor souls. I bet the guild must be a really packed place." Skylar imagined a very busy guild hall with tons of people just rummaging about getting prepared for war. Skylar was just trying to make some small talk, it was not like he was completely scared. He felt fear but never as badly as most.

"Heh, well I can't really say either or at this moment. Since there's no guild halls or anything of the sort at the moment within Aincrad there's no real way to tell how big we're getting. I've heard we've gotten a good amount of applicants though, so I guess that's good news. Nonetheless I'm not the only one in charge of these initiations, thank goodness. All of the pieces considered to have High Rank have the ability to test out initiates. So that includes the people bearing the Bishop, Knight, and Queen pieces as well."

As the two arrived at the room Calrex nodded as he indicated this was the room where the monster lied in wait, "Alright since the monster only engages the players within the room I'll be right outside monitoring your progress. Of course I'll still operate under the conditions stated previously. If you knock the monster down to half health, or you fall into the red zone, whichever comes first, I'll jump in."

Once Skylar entered the room the room would come alight with a eerie red color as the creature would spawn. It was a large suit of armor, at least twice the size of an average sized player, and bore a oversized sword in one hand. The other had a large kite shield. Underneath the armor itself appeared to be just shadow, with a couple of beady red eyes poking through the helmet, locked onto the player in front of it

HP List

Calrex: 77/77 (Standby)

Skylar: 42/42

Enemies:

Armored Shadow Knight: 54/54

Conditions:

Armored Shadow Knight deals 4 damage per hit with a 1 to mitigation

Calrex will be on standby until Armored Shadow Knight falls to 27 HP or Skylar falls to 21 HP, whichever comes first

"Sure thing" Skylar turned around and walked in.

The room came awash with a eerie red color and in the center a spawn countdown began.{ 3...2...1... Here it comes!} It was a large suit of armor, at least twice the size of an average sized player, and it bore an oversize sword in one hand. The other had a large kite shield. Underneath the armor itself appeared to be just shadow, with a couple of beady red eyes poking through the helmet, glaring at Skylar in front of it.

ID: 17828

BD: 7+2= 9(hit)

MD: 8-1=7(hit)

Skylar used <<Sprint>> to close the distance as quickly as possible. He quickly dodge a sword strike to the head. As he ducked he dropped to the ground on all fours and slid underneath the knight. Using his left foot he kicked at where the kneecap should be. The strike was a bit to high and Skylar felt solid metal. The Knight kicked back with the leg and hit Skylar in the back. Even with Rose up to take some of the impact the knight hit pretty hard. If Skylar was not careful he could die.

HP List

Skylar: 38/42

Enemies:

Armored Shadow Knight: 47/54

Armored Shadow Knight

ID: 17828

MD: 8-1=7(hit)

As the player entered the room the Knight came alight as its AI locked on to the person in front of it. Immediately detecting the player it quickly watched and raised its guard as its opponent quickly closed the distance. As the player got into striking range the knight brought is sword arm back, slashing horizontally. However, as the sword passed where the player was it didn't feel any resistance as he saw Skylar vanish underneath its blade, then immediately reappearing as the player rushed forward and struck at its knee.

The armor proved to be helpful as it reduced the damage the strike could have caused as it raised the same leg, managing to connect the kick with the player's backside as he retreated.

With the initial attack over the knight stood up fully, assuming a fighting position as it brought its kite shield forward, with the sword pointed up behind it. WIth that it set its eyes completely on Skylar.

HP List

Enemies:

ID: 17912

BD: 3+2= 5 (miss)

The Armored Shadow Knight was not fact. The main problem is the fact that the defense if out of this world. {It reminds me of the time I fought Avalanche. It may not be as big but the defense it abnormal. It may be the highest defense type I have ever fought.}

Skylar continued to dodge around the monster, looking for  an opening. He hit the Knight several times, but it was always on the shield that managed to get in the way.

HP List

Enemies:

((Sorry it is so short. Running late for a meeting))

OOC: Oh good luck! XD

IC:

ID: 17958

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

Armored Shadow Knight

As the player weaved left and right the knight was able to easily maneuver its shield around to block each strike. Even though the player was fast, it was large, meaning that as long as the player need to maneuver around the knight had the advantage in terms of conservation of movement.

It gave a couple of slashes, but each one easily missed due to the large arcs they traveled in, the player leaping or ducking around them. After some time the knight figured it might be more beneficial to use something that required less wind up as it took a step forward, thrusting its shield forward in a ram. Since the player was busy trying to get around it the strike managed to lightly hit the player in the shoulder.

With its attack completed the knight went back into its original stance, back on the defensive.

HP List

Skylar: 32/42

Enemies:

Armored Shadow Knight: 46/54 (+2 Thorns / +1 Mitigation)

ID: 18004

BD: 1 (miss)

The shield hit was pretty bad. The hit itself was not the bad part. The part that hurt Skylar was his pride. Monsters are normally not hard to damage in his opinion. The fact that he was fighting the same monster for this long was a killer on the self-esteem. If this was the test for all new recruits to pass before they are even considered to join was ridiculous. This did not seem like an ordinary dungeon monster, it must be some type of super boss.

Skylar continued to weave his way around the deadly knight. {I am not sure how long I can keep this up but I have to drop the health a lot more if I want to win. Maybe I should use an item now. No. My gut is telling not to waste that item yet. I have to continue to fight onwards. I will break this! I can break the unbreakable.}

Skylar went in for a quick shot to the face. Reflexes kept him from dying, the Knight raised the sword almost causing Skylar to impale himself. {Good thing I pay attention.}

HP List

Enemies:

Armored Shadow Knight: 46/54

ID: 18010

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

Armored Shadow Knight

As Skylar retracted his attack the knight tried to take advantage and thrust it's shield forward once again, but the shield flew far clear of its strike. The agile player in front of it was easily dodging the shield strikes and sword attacks. Each movement seemed too slow for the knight. With that it tried to take a few steps back to try and gain some distance, and with it some control.

HP List

Enemies:

Armored Shadow Knight: 46/54

Calrex watched as Skylar combatted the knight, analyzing his skills, "He's certainly keeping himself on the move, that is good against a large monster. However, it seems he might not be very accustomed to dealing with monsters that aren't easily struck. This will be a good lesson for him. Even if he remains stuck as a Square piece for a while he'll definitely become a full-fledged member quickly from what I can tell."

"You're doing good Skylar, keep up the pressure on the knight and an opening should present itself."

ID: 18011

BD: 6+2= 8

Skylar was very much into the fight. When Calrex spoke it was more of a back round noise that he only caught parts of. It was like " You're....Skylar...Knight....present....itself" {Was he giving advice or what?} He decided to ignore it and continue fighting.

{Watch, I can do it. As Asen always use to say. "Wait for an opening or make your own."} Skylar suddenly felt stupid. He could make an opening! He watched the Knight before making a movie.

Skylar waited for the knight to fling it's shield out to hit him again. This time when it did, he grabbed the shield and swung around. The metallic thump could be heard throughout the Dungeon. Skylar had managed to make a hit on it.

HP List

Enemies:

Armored Shadow Knight: 41/54

ID: 18013

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

Armored Shadow Knight

The knight reeled back slightly as Skylar maneuvered around the shield and struck the knight in the chest. However, as the player was retreating the knight swung to the side with its shield, managing to catch Skylar's leg as he retreated. The knight looked down at the chestplate for a second before setting its eyes on the martial artist once again.

As the knight stepped back once again it began to maneuver the shield in a figure eight pattern to help ward off the player from striking.

HP List

Skylar: 28/42

Enemies:

Armored Shadow Knight: 39/54 (+2 Thorns)

The last hit had his health drop into the yellow. {Normally I would not risk using his item this early. I just cannot have my pride take a hit by having someone intervening.}  Skylar reached into his bag and pulled out his recording crystal <<love song>>, he put some distance between himself and The Dark Knight.

Skylar quickly uncapped the crystal to let the music flow it. It was soft and healing, his health points going back up from the lovely tunes. He waited till his health picked back up before getting ready to move.

HP List

Skylar: 38/42 (+10 HP)

Enemies:

Armored Shadow Knight: 39/54