[OP-F1] Grinding is Boar-ing

Jomei was sweating. That was a nasty hit the boar got on Brokke. His sword and shield were now drawn as he watched intently. He was not going to let any of these guys die on his watch. He was ready to jump in at any moment. Just then, Brokke returned the favor with a clean hit to the boar's jaw with his sledgehammer. He watched as the boar staggered from the hit off to the side, swaying from side to side. It had to be running on its last legs now. He thought for a minute, wondering if he should finish it off, prevent another clean hit to either of them. He sighed and stood up straight. You guys got this.. "Finish it off!" he slowly started to walk towards the group, to be there in case they needed help, or to congratulate them on defeating the boar. Whichever came first.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the boar was taken out by the combination of hammer and sword, GALLahad ran over to Brokke, "Good hit. Sorry for being so bad at actually hitting it. I promise to hit the next monster we come up against."  Not wanting to push them too far too fast, she then turned to the pair seemingly standing off, "See? We managed to defeat it with only one casualty. That was easy. Well, not 'easy' easy, but easy enough for it to be understandable. Right, Brokke? Prostatis?" 

"It was alright" Brokke laughed, crossing his arms and sitting down, "Though I really wish my leg would not get hurt in the process. It is my fault though." he said, rubbing the injured appendage. He then looked at what was left of the boar, "It was not easy, but it was very simple. I am just happy I helped. Also, don't worry, we all missed at some point. I'm sure you would have hit it if you got the chance to try again." Brokke smiled towards GALLahad before pulling himself back up to stand and look at his other comrades, "Nice job Prostatis, you got him. Congratulations." he clapped.

Jomei had sheathed his sword again and ran over to the group. "Brokke are you okay?"

He looked to see if he had some sort of healing potion to give him, and sighed when he didnt. 

He scratched the back of his head. "o'Im sorry guys.. that was a little rude of me. o'I should not have done that."

He sighed and looked at the ground. He did not want to be the reason anyone got killed.

"On a lighter note, you all did great." He smiled at them. "o'I promise to protect you guys and help out more next time."

He turned to GALLahad. "So where to next." He gave her a sincere and trusting smile.

"I mean. We could try the forest." Sheathing her sword, GALLahad  moved to stand next to Prostatis to try to make him feel included, "We can move there if you want after Brokke's got his health back up, that okay with everyone?" Looking around though, she tried to make sure they weren't near any boars. She didn't want to sit down and immediately be trampled after all, so she kept her guard up, one hand on her sheath. Feeling confident if she did get in a fight though, she started mouthing words to an unspoken song, barely registrable to those immediately around her, never mind those at a distance trying to scope them out to steal boar kills or attack them. 

"Thank you. I want to be as useful as I can." Brokke blushed from slight embarrassment, rubbing the back of his head while he waited to be fully healed, "Sorry for making you guys wait. I honestly appreciate it." he added, putting his sledgehammer away. He looked between Prostatis, Jomei and GALLahad, "...So, how are you guys holding up? Like... it's okay to kill these animals, they're just computer programs. so don't be bothered." He said, somewhat pointlessly. It was him who wanted to reassure himself that it's fine to kill the animals. He wasn't extremely protective of them, he just wasn't used to killing.

He put his hand on Brokke's shoulder. "No need to thank us, we want to make sure youre okay."

He smiled. "In the real world, i would never stoop to killing animals like this.. However, here I know my life depends on it. So i just tell myself that it is just a game, and they are just data." He nodded.

He sat down on the floor and took out his lute, he bagan to gently strum. Listening to his new friends

"I am, was, accounting. So I'm already used to killing people's finances." Snickering, GALLahad gave Prostatis a weird look at his statement of wanting to clear Aincrad. She had kind of expected that from his prior lack of care in his voice, but only was fully certain now, "So I'll have someone I know being my second place? Sounds good to me." He did look young, young enough to be mistaken for her child if she had ever thought to have one so young. "In all seriousness about the killing thing. Was a rather big nerd before all this, so boars and slimes and all that aren't really much of a problem. Something human though? I'm not so confident fighting. After all, if they aren't some player verse player who fights to the death, they're probably someone just in the wrong place at the wrong time." 

"I am not a vegetarian, but I am also not a killer, and I would rather not have to take lives, even of animals, since they act on instinct. Here however... I just have to take a while to adjust." Brokke sighed and heaved himself back onto his feet, "Okay, I think I've had enough rest. We can continue, though I guess I will try to find something other than just fighting to do in the future. Not that I don't like you, friends, but I think some calmer lifestyle will do me well." Brokke coughed a little, clearing his throat, before picking up his hammer and twirling it in his hand, "GALLahad, if we come across and wild money, I will make sure you are in front." he smiled.

Jomei smiled at the group. He thought about how each of them had their own lives outside of the game and probably would have never met, but now they're all together, and their outside lives are showing here. "Aye. o'I can really respect that answer, Brokke." He stoop up as well. "If o'I could.. o'I would do something else as well... but.." He hold up his lute before stringing it back to his belt. "o'I can't seem to make a living off of this thing." he let out a nervous chuckle. His attempt at trying to make a joke just made him realize how sad his own life was in the game. "Lets go to the forest then." he started to walk ahead of the group to lead them there, "And this time..." he put his hand on his rapier's handle "o'Ill make sure to help you out more." 

"Well I won't quote Shakespeare at everyone, so yeah. Let's go to the forest." Smiling to them, she made sure to check the party's listings to see that Brokke was on full health points before going, quickly moving to flank her fellow Irishman. Sure, she should probably be more careful about their situation, but as they had already said. Just hitting the boars which spawn on the field is enough to kill them, so they aren't really a threat. What was in the forest? However, would probably be more entertaining, a thought which kept her smiling as they walked. 

Brokke smiled to Prostatis and added him to the friend list, "Thank you." he said before stomping down to the forest with everyone, stroking his mustache while they walked, "Jomei, what sorts of jobs are there to do here? You must've seen some good shops set up and players working, and since you are working yourself, I was wondering if you had any sort of advice for that." the man added, glancing around afterwards to try spotting a creature for them to battle.

Jomei scratched the side of his head. "Hm.." he thought about it as he continued to walk forward.

"Well as I said, Im a performer.. so theres that. Theres also general merchants, black smiths, tailors..uhh.. cooks, potion makers.. and even artisans.. Oh! and fisherman." He chuckled, as he almost forgot the last one. "I wouldn't suggest becoming a performer, unless you're ready for a life of sitting in your shop alone." He let out another sad laugh.

"And if none of those jobs suit you, theres tons of odd jobs and quests to be done for money and experience as well." He nodded.

Before they knew it, they had entered the forest. He looked around the trees. "Careful guys. Things could get a little tougher in these woods."  

"Hmm. Well, I will probably need to get a job in the near future for the extra money.."  Thinking aloud, GALLahad wasn't looking at the other three as much as she had on the field, her eyes scanning the forest for glowing eyes or other signs of hidden enemies. Realising a few seconds later she had given words to her thoughts, she decided to cover it up and try and make it sound like she was talking to them, "Though, the most obvious one would be blacksmithing for that, right? And that's rather popular, probably. There's going to be twenty other people just starting at the same time as me, nevermind all the pros who would probably make the best gear with ease. Potion makers though? That sounds like a good combination of uniqueness and profits, huh? Or would that be another majorly popular job?" 

Brokke stroked his chin curiously, looking at the trio, "Well, maybe with my size I'd be suited to blacksmithing. You probably need a lot of power to work with it." he spoke. These weren't really his main reasons for choosing it. His desired namesake was, after all, one of the dwarves that created Gullinbursti, Draupnir and the legendary Mjollnir. If he could create weapons and armor, he could possibly become good enough to craft something legendary as well. The thought brought him to self-giggling.

Jomei smirked."Aye, a loyal profession it is." Jomei had thought about what he wouldve done if he didnt take out music. Maybe open his own tavern. He sighed at the thought of how much more money that would make him. He suddenly stopped and put his hand up, gesturing for his friends to stop." Hold on... I think i heard something.."

(OOC: I wanted to join sooner but Journal acceptance and irl troubles kept me from it. If it isn't to late I'd love to join in.)

Leaves draped the ground as Lancelot weaved her way through the foliage. The information she had received about the area was rather scarce for a floor that has been so actively traveled through. She paused a moment to catch her breath as she leaned against the base of a tree. Noises filled the air as she listened to her surroundings. The rustling of the leaves in the wind, the flutter of wings a flight, the crunch of twigs being stepped on. Stepped on? Pressing herself firmly against the tree, Lancelot gazed around the tree's edge before quickly ducking back behind it.

Four of them. One female. Three male. Stronger than myself sadlyPeering around the tree once more, she felt something crack beneath her foot. Suddenly one of the male players whipped around and quieted the group. Did they see me? Nonetheless, I'll draw my blade. I'd hate to have to fight players when I haven't even fought a boar yet... She then drew her sword. A beginner's weapon surely, but it would have to do for the time being.

<Stealthed>: 11 (10 + 1 from concealment behind the tree.)

Hand moving to her sheath, she brought her sword out halfway as a precaution and git into a more defensive stance. GALLahad had decided she needed to actually show her ability to fight due to failing both times. But then she didn't want to seem like a large enough threat to whatever was after them so she could turn the ambusher into the ambushed. That said, she couldn't tell where the attack was coming from, and while her sword could easily be fully removed if she spotted it first, an aerial attack would leave her on the defensive instantaneously. Despite her mind racing, she still had time to speak rather casually, "If you're going blacksmith, can I get my gear for free? I'll help you get the materials of course, but I figure us four should help each other out in the future." 

Brokke took out his sledgehammer and readied it in his large fist, taking in a deep breath and puffing out his chest slightly to seem more intimidating, "If you keep me alive and keep track of my finances for free, then we can work out a deal. We should probably deal with this for now." he said before looking around for the enemy, "Maybe we should stand back to back so they can't attack from behind, like they do in the movies." Brokke also suggested. It seemed to work for movie protagonists, so it'd probably work well for this party as well.