[OP-F1] Grinding is Boar-ing

He looked around, looking to see where the sound came from. Suddenly, he heard the sound of a sword being unsheathed. "Be ready for anything guys.." The group stood back to back, but Jomei stepped forward. "Oi. However's out there, show yourself."

He slowly sheathed his own sword. He doubted there would be a PKer out here stupid enough to take on all of them. Despite, if that were the case, he was ready to draw them out and hold him of her off while the others escaped. "I don't want to hurt you." He said, turning around in a circle.

<LD:5>

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lancelot slowly exhaled. She had heard their words and wanted to believe they meant no harm. But she could never be sure. This could be an ambush group. She'd keep her guard but reveal herself all the while. Hand to hilt as if ready to draw her blade at a moments notice, Lancelot came from behind the tree and eyed each of them quickly. All green players. The girl dwarfed her in height. She seemed to wield a straight sword judging by her scabbard and had an air of superiority about her. The large burly male wielded a hammer of sorts. Fitting if you judged off looks alone. Though judging by the conversation she could hear from earlier, he wasn't your typical giant guy. A darker haired male also possessing a straight sword seemed to be one who spoke the last words to get her out of her hiding spot and the final male had auburn hair average stature and wielded a rapier. Quite the bunch if you ask me.

What felt like minutes had only been seconds as she ended her analysis and focused on them as a group. "If what you say is true, then I also mean no harm. I'd ask what brings you all to this neck of the woods but I feel that is a tad cliche. My name's Lancelot. Pleasure to meet you all," introducing herself with a slight curtsy.

As the girl named herself, GALLahad's eyes almost turned into a pair of stars from the amount they seemed to sparkle. Though, when she noticed the girl's blade, she frowned. She just had to make a comment about it, it bringing a smirk to her face as she spoke, "You know. For someone who is named Lancelot, Arondight seems to have bent over time.  My name's GALLahad, father , want to join us? We're just here to get experience and other stuff." As proof of her lack of any true aggression, she let go of her blade so it slid back into her sheath. "Oh. And if you see or know anyone called Arthur, ask if he wants to go on a certain quest for me. It'd probably be hilarious." 

Following suit to his companions, Brokke put away his hammer and crossed his arms, "Nice to meet you Lancelot." he said with a smile, extending a hand as an offering. Am I not going to find any others from Norse mythology? Everyone is jumping on the Arthurian bandwagon. he sighed mentally before looking around, "Sooo... Have you been following us for long? Or did we just stumble upon each other out here?"

Jomei watched as the girl stepped out from behind the tree. He watched as he black hair followed after her body. He was silent for a moment before calling out. "Oh! Lancelot!" He smiled. "I remember you!" He walked up to her and put his hand on her shoulder. "Its okay guys, I know this lass. She's a tough one, but she's not out to hurt anyone." Jomei thought back to earlier in the week, when he had first met Lancelot. She was just giving a try and fighting boars for the first time. It was Jomei that helped her out there, just as he was helping this group. "Getting stronger I presume?" 

The one known as GALLahad, smirked after Lancelot introduced herself. She even retorted with some banter that Lancelot found amusing. "Arondight has... er... been misplaced so this blade will have to do for the time being. It seems my child keeps quite the company, but they seem harmless enough. I shall join you." Sheathing and removing her hand from her blade, she turned to the burly man who identified himself as Brokke and bowed. "To answer your question Brokke, I just so happened to stumble across your group. A chance encounter if you will."

Her name was shouted. Turning to the orange haired fellow, her eyes widened as she recalled just who it was. "Ahh Jomei! It's a shame I didn't recognize you beforehand," she admitted as the player rested a hand on her shoulder and reassured the group that she wasn't a threat to them. Turning to face him, Lancelot grinned and replied, "Of course! I can't get my butt handed to me by boars forever now can I?" It seemed the only one who seemed apathetic about the ordeal was the black haired player. He murmured something but covered it quickly with a question directed at Lancelot. "Well like I said, just out here training. I refuse to be carried by the front-lines forever. I plan on carving a path of my own!" 

He then finally introduced himself and Lancelot smiled. "Nice to meet you Prostatis! So where are you guys heading? And you sure you don't mind me tagging along? Especially you son." She asked staring at GALLahad.

"I'm perfectly fine with you joining us, so long as you don't try to have any affairs." GALLahad liked this girl. Not just for her knowledge of Arthurian Legends, but also because she could take what she threw, so to speak. As such, she sent her a party invite before looking back at the others, "I assume everyone is fine with this? I mean, it means more people to kill the monsters quicker, so we take less damage." Smiling at them, she checked the party menu, "I mean. We can take in another person before we run out of room. After which we'd probably have to stop people following us or something." 

"I have no problem with her joining." Brokke said, pulling his unshaken hand back. She probably just didn't notice he thought to himself before stroking his mustache lightly, "Either way, I suppose we should be moving along if we're going to find something... Since it'll probably be better that we find it, rather than it finding us." he added, shifting forward to give Lancelot space beside GALLahad, assuming the two ladies wanted to walk beside each other.

Jomei nodded happily "Alright then."

Even he was beginning to feel safer with how big the party was getting. They probably would have been able to take out anything with a group this large. 

"Ya know..." he said back to the group. ".. I personally don't recall doing much fighting back here in the woods.. So even I don't know exactly what we are in for. But I have heard that the mobs here are different, some even a bit stronger." 

He did not want to scare the group, just merely inform them that there could be anything back here, and that they needed to keep on their toes.

A ping went off as the prompt for a party invite appeared. Lancelot quickly accepted it and flicked it away. Everyone seemed to be on the same page as far as allowing her to join and that their goal was to find some monsters and slay them. Your typical guild trip through the woods so to speak. The re was small talk among them about their strength in numbers  and how they'd fair against stronger mobs. Quickly, Lancelot made her way to the space that Brokke had provided and whispered an inquiry to GALLahad. "So son, how long have you been acquainted with this group?"

"We could like, try yelling really loud. May bring in some nearby monsters. Or make us look silly." Replying to Prostatis after Lancelot whispered to her. After, GALLahad turned to the girl who asked her a question, "Just a little bit earlier. You? Judging from your comments to Jomei you seem to have met before." Whispering back to her new friend, she spoke up once again. Surveying the area around them, "Or we could try going further in? May just be like, a safe zone here and it be unable to get any monsters to attack you without you attacking them first." 

"I reckon that we don't want to go to deep if we run into a mob on the way back. How about we take a walk along the perimeter here so that we can have a relatively straight line back to the city?" Brokke proposed. While he lacked experience in such games, he was betting it on his common sense, and for him logic dictated that that would be a good idea.

"That may be the best bet Brokke. Good idea." Despite being new to these types of games, it seemed like Brokke was picking it up pretty quickly. The whole group was. " Whether we are a little bit deeper in the woods or on thr outskirts, we will probably get attacked by the same mobs. But sticking to a route where its a quick run to the safe zone may be a safe idea." He nodded. "Just be on your toes" he said looking side to side "Weve been off the hook cor two long, we are bound to run into some trouble soon."

GALLahad whispered back. Informing Lancelot that she had only met this group today. Nodding she whispered back "I know Jomei from earlier this week in fact. He helped me take out my first boar." GALLahad then switched gears as her and the rest of the group tossed back ideas on how to proceed next. From the suggestions, Brokke's seemed the most well received. Content with however they proceeded, Lancelot just kept quiet and listened. A sudden outburst from Prostatis perked her right up. She focused on the boy's words as he tried to inform GALL about how much more dangerous the frontlines would be. Lancelot decided to remain quiet. She had no experience like he pointed out and wanted no say in the matter anyhow.

SNAP!

Lancelot whipped around. Sword drawn and pointing towards the trees that she herself had came from. She motioned for the others to draw their weapons and too keep quiet. She sneaked forward, making sure to steer clear of anything that might give her away. Then she saw it. An enormous blue bull. Horns curled like that of a devil and sharpened to a point, the <Titanic Taurus> glared in their direction and stomped its hooves as steam blew from its flared nostrils. "Looks like we have company...."

GALLahad: 11/11

Brokke: 11/11

Jomei: 36/36

Prostatis: 17/17

Lancelot: 15/15

<Titanic Taurus> 20/20

(Base Damage: 2/ Accuracy: 1)

(OOC: It will attack on my next turn)

Blinking as Prostatis decided to say about her apparent lack of ability to go on the front lines, GALLahad's brow furrowed at the perceived insult. As she opened her mouth to retort though, the boy turned to walk away, deciding to not cause a scene and just resorted to muttering unintelligibly under her breath. At Lancelot's comment, she stopped mumbling her anger away, looking around. Eventually turning, at the sight of the massive bull her eyes widened. She hadn't expected to see one in a forest, but she didn't have time to complain about that, unsheathing her blade as well before looking at the other two behind them, "Should probably separate more, so there aren't any cases of a two for one sale." That being said, she didn't go on the offensive, standing with her eyes dead on the bull to not get caught unaware. 

Brokke was quite happy with Jomei's praise of him. He was about to thank Jomei when Prostatis spoke about people dying to a boss. That made the atmosphere slightly grim, and the man seemed to notice that too, for he quickly tried to save it. As his words now seemed to be focused on Brokke, the large man just laughed slightly and shook his head, "They thought they were ready but they were not. As long as none of us makes that error, we'll be fine. Together, we'll be even more than fine. Victorious, even." he said. His words didn't have time to sink in though before they were greeted by a beast. A quite powerful looking beast too. Frowning, Brokke tossed his hammer between his hands before gripping it tightly with his right. At GALLahad's suggestion, he started slowly moving to the side.

Jomei's brow furrowed at Prostatis' remark. He looked to GALLahad, who looked quite offended and angered at his statement, and then back to Prostatis. He quickly walked up in front of him. "Look. You're right, none of us have been in a boss battle before. Who knows if we can handle it. But we are still all in this together." He looked back towards the group. He spoke softly to him. "I can understand you want to get out of here, we all do. And-" Suddenly Jomei was interrupted by the sound of a large beast behind him. He turned around to look at it. "Oi! Its rude to interrupt someone while they're talking!" He yelled to the gigantic boar.

He unsheathed his sword and took a few steps towards the boar "If anything happens.. get the hell out of here." He bashed his sword against his shield, trying to get the beast to attack him rather than his comrades. 

The Taurus' eyes gleamed as it focused on the orange haired player making all the ruckus. Snorting, the azure bull took off like a rocket as it honed in on Jomei. Fortunately, Jomei was able to avoid the bull's wrath. Thus leaving the creature open for a counter attack. Jumping to action immediately, Lancelot jumped through the air and brought her saber down the length of the bull's back. The red crescent left by her slash looked even more crimson against the blue back drop of the Taurus. Jumping back to a safe distance, Lancelot called to Jomei and the others. "You alright Jomei? If so, GALLahad you're up! Switch!" 

[19238] BD: 9 Critical Hit

MD: 2 (1+1) Critical Miss

[H:0]GALLahad: 11/11

[H:0]Brokke: 11/11

[H:0]Jomei: 36/36

[H:0]Prostatis: 17/17

[H:2]Lancelot: 15/15

<Titanic Taurus> 17/20 (-3)

(Base Damage: 2/ Accuracy: 1)

Already running towards the side of the Taurus as Lancelot spoke up, somehow she didn't notice the rock outcropping as she ran. Falling face first towards the ground, GALLahad 'luckily' didn't impale herself on her sword in the process. Slowly staggering back up, she stood where she was, rubbing her nose at the pain coursing through it, "Give me a second. This hurts much more than it looks." Was the only thing she said, cheeks red at both the fail she had done in the first place, and how she must look to the others, especially Prostatis as it just served to prove him right. 

ID: 19345

Battle: 4

HP: 

Titanic Taurus: 17/20 

Brokke gripped his hammer harder than he had before. While Lancelot managed to hurt the beast, GALLahad fell on the ground near it, apparently needing a moment to recover, which could've put her into danger. Preparing himself mentally, Brokke's relaxed his body as well as he could before rushing at the creature in front of him and swinging his hammer at its head.

ID: 19360

Battle: 6 (Damage: 1)

With a powerful swing, Brokke slammed into the creature's head - however, that didn't seem to do a whole lot of damage.

HP: 

Titanic Taurus: 16/20