PP - F1 Back Where It Began (Teayre and Oikawa) (Completed)

Subject: Let's Meet

Sender: Calrex

Hey you two, if you guys have the time I'd like for the three of us to meet up tonight. I'll be in the small plaza where we all first met. There's something I'd like to discuss with you all.

Immediately after he sent that message Calrex quickly made his way back to the first floor, heading through the streets of the Starting City. He could remember all of the times he passed through the corridors and alleyways, but this time he knew exactly where he was going. The last time he went there he was clad in different gear, simpler beginners clothing with a starting sword on the back of his hip. It was when he was Level 1, still trying to figure out how he was going to get started in escaping SAO.

"Everything that's happened so far...if they're in maybe this will be some way to regain some control over at least something. I have no regrets so far, but at times it does feel like the three of us are being strung along and dragged back and forth because of the fact we have become higher-level players. Like Oikawa said, there was some freedom to be had being lower-level players..."

He could remember Teayre's awkward introduction when she fell down, and the feeling of her tracing patterns on his hand as she walked with him and Oikawa. The memory of their first fight, when he couldn't land a single hit, the quest, and their time spent in the Starlight Cafe.

After exiting another alleyway he arrived, back where it all began for him. The small plaza in the Starting City.

"Now all I can do is wait..."

He went over to where he remembered leaning last time, assuming the same position, with one of his legs bent with the sole of his foot flat against the wall. With that Calrex crossed his arms, waiting for his two companions to arrive.

"I already had those badges commissioned to Teayre, now the real question is how they would feel about this, and my reasoning for doing it. I'm sure that Teayre will probably have some questions as to why I'm doing this, especially when both of us agreed to be members of the council for Absolute Pin. Oikawa I can probably guess will have some other questions for me. No matter what they are though...this is something I've decided on trying to implement."

As these thoughts ran through his head he gave a small laugh as a smirk came across his face.

"What was it the last time I was here? I was thinking about what I should do first in this game. Maybe go out and train in the fields? Go on a quest? I guess things actually were a lot more simple back then..."

Teayre smiles when she got the message through from Calrex, it was just like him to reminisce something like this, as she looked up and around from her strawberry sundae she smiled as she patted her belly. "Well, it's nice and all in here but I guess I had better make a move... I wonder if he wants those brought..." Quickly bringing up her shops inventory she equips the red badge whilst playing with the other two in her fingers. "One for me, one for Kawa and one for Callie-kun. I do wonder what he has planned." Jumping up Teayre activates her <Sprint> skill as she dashes to where they had all first met a small smile on her face as she ran up the stairs she caught sigh of Calrex sat down on the fountain rising up in the air. Rising? Why was Calrex rising? Suddenly she felt the cold slabs of stone pressing into her face as she lets out a grunt.

The day was only beginning for the blonde as he walked about the Town of Beginnings with his companion King. It wasn't often that he took the cub out but when he did, he wanted it to be as peaceful as possible. The streets were rowdy as usual but the noise seemed to drown out as Oikawa thought about his progression since his first major battle. Ironically it was with his long time friend, Ariel. A rival as well as one of his greatest comrades. More thoughts danced through his mind as the duo continued down the cobbled pathways that intertwined with the main streets of the city. King seemed to be enjoying himself. Jumping from block to block and avoiding certain squares like kids would do as if playing a game of hot lava floors.

Ping!

A notification icon lit up as a message popped into view. Opening the digital envelope, Oikawa read the contents and smiled as he flicked the pm away. He wasn't far from the specified location. It would take mere minutes to navigate the alleyways to arrive at the requested destination. Scooping up King, the blonde dashed through the streets. Avoiding nearly all contact with other players as he weaved through crowds and made a bee line for the approaching fountain. He slowed his pace, when his favorite bluenette begin to poke into view. The stairs leading to the fountain just a few steps ahead. Descending with a slight jog, he almost tripped over a certain red-head as he quickly hopped the last few steps to avoid stepping on her.

Reaching down, he offered his hand to help pull the girl up. Once everyone was gathered, Oikawa grinned and greeted them. "Well it's certainly been awhile guys. To what do I owe the pleasure of this chance meeting?" He quickly placed King on the fountain and returned his attention to the other two players in front of him.

Calrex looked over as his thought were broken when he heard the sound of footsteps rapidly approaching him. When he saw the familiar red hair of his fiancee, Teayre, coming towards him he gave a smile, but then felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head as she promptly faceplanted on the ground.

"Well...I guess if we're going to nostalgia's sake that is definitely reminiscent of the first time we all met. I hope she brought those items I requested her to make a while back."

Immediately following Teayre's entrance Oikawa stumbled in from behind, doing so in order to avoid stepping on the redhead. He couldn't help but give a laugh at the sigh, as if it were from some sort of slapstick comedy short. As the blonde helped Teayre to her feet Calrex's eyes locked onto the flaming red badge that she had pinned to her outfit, his mind suspecting she had brought the other two of the set with her.

With that he stood up from leaning on the wall, walking over to the two, "It certainly has been some time Oikawa. Thank you both for meeting me."

He looked over at Teayre as he gave her a light patting on the back, as if to brush off any dust that might have gotten stuck to her, "And it's nice to see you too Teayre. I'm glad you both could make it out here on such short notice."

"Well, I don't want to rush into this just yet, but going from the message I sent them I'd better do so."

With that he gave a calming breath before going back to his usual calm friendly demeanor, standing so that he could address the two of them, "The reason I asked for you both to come here is because I'd like to propose something, well, a little unorthodox, at least in terms of the mechanics of this world. You both have been with me since I first got started adventuring in this game, and I think of both of you as close friends, well Teayre of course even moreso than that..."

With that he took a second to gather his thoughts, deciding that he should voice his concerns first before continuing, "I've already talked to Teayre a little bit about these things that have been on my mind, but I'd like to restate them again. It feels like the three of us have been being pulled back and forth, sometimes against our own desires and wishes, for the sake of other frontliners and the player we have decided to help escape from this game. With the Azure Brigade and Square One, both large and powerful guilds, dissolution, it seems the only two remaining guilds left in real operation are Absolute Pin, run by Ariel, and Cerulean Silence, headed by Mari..."

"Because of this I feel like there's a kind of power struggle going between them, which is something I can't really say I'm content with. Especially because of the fact that Teayre and I have become council members of Absolute Pin. You two know that I normally try to take an unbiased approach to things in order to gather the facts. With the shortness of time between being expelled from the Brigade and for formation of Absolute Pin, I can't help but feel like Ariel was distraught from being expelled from what she referred to as a "family," and hoped to salvage some of that with the guild's founding. Please let me know if any of this isn't making any sense and I can elaborate."

With that he gave another breath before continuing, "I want to bring some kind of control back under our own abilities, and not leave it up to chance or fate. If I can reference Ariel's idea of a guild being a family, I personally feel I don't need a family in that sense. While one the many good qualities of a family is that they protect each other and are closer than any friend can be, that closeness can also result in hurtful results to those outside of that circle, think like a mafia in that sense. In short, I'm not looking for family members, I'm looking for friends I can trust."

With that he looked over at Teayre, giving a nod as he directed their attention to the badge on herr clothing. It was a clear indicator that he was referring to the set of three she had masterfully crafted, "Teayre's already wearing one, but there is a reason behind it the badges I had her make. I want the three of us to be the start of a new non-guild union. A guild to me represents exclusivity in a way, but I want this to be a group of people that we trust. Ones that we could gladly fight alongside knowing that they won't turn and betray us the second something goes south. A physical representation of the strong bond that each of us share. I've picked you two because I feel this way, that I could trust you with my life if need be."

With that he put a hand behind his neck as he finished, "If the guilds are causing people to be pulled apart, I want this new type of group to be one that brings all players together."

Taking Oikawa’s hand Teayre smiles at him sheepishly as he helps her up, “Thanks Kawi.†Throwing her arms around him she gives him a quick hug. “It’s good to see you again.†Looking over at Calrex she sees him about to start speaking quickly placing a finger on his lips smiling at him stealing a kiss. “Right now you can begin your little speech.†Taking Calrex’s hand she begins to lead him off, waving at Oikawa to follow them.

As they round several corners they arrive outside a very familiar café to all three of them, the Stralight Café. Just as they reached the door Calrex had finished talking. Teayre looks up at the blue haired boy flicking her fair over her shoulder as she did so, “Why am I not surprised that you thought of something like this.†Taking the blue badge she carefully pinned it to Calrex’s jacket before patting it. “I think you know what my position is on this Callie.â€

Stepping into the shop she slips into a booth, waving over a waiter. “Heya could I open a tab please, just for us three.†As the waiter arranged the tab being set up Teayre smiled, before ordering herself a hot chocolate and a strawberry sundae. “Order what you want guys, it’s on me for old time sake.†Looking up at Calrex she pats the seat beside her.

Calrex attempted to start his speech, however, before he had the chance, Teayre shushed him, stole a kiss and grabbed him. Forcing the bluenette and blonde to follow their lead. It didn't take but two turns before Oikawa realized where they were headed. Along the way Calrex managed to squeak out his speech, giving Oikawa much to think about as they entered their most frequented location, the Starlight Cafe.

Teayre confirmed that she was on board with his idea and after giving it some thought, the blonde looked towards the others and spoke. "I only disagree with one thing and that's.. to me, you guys are my family now. I'll always be there for both of you and regardless of our recent affiliations, i trust the both of you with my life. That being said, I'm in." Suddenly Oikawa felt a strange pawing at his leg, looking down, he realized that he had forgotten all about King and the cub seemed to be really irritated that he had been left. Whispering to him, Oikawa apologized and looked towards the incoming waiter. "I'd like one Strawberry Creme Pie and the largest fish you have. There are we good?" The cub only purred and sat in the booth next to him.

Returning his attention to the two in front of him, Oikawa decided he had a few questions. "Alright, I have two questions. One, do I get one of those badge things as well? And two, what do we call this group of friends?"

Upon hearing both of his associate's replies Calrex felt a smile come across his face, "Thank you, the both of you."

He looked down at the Ultramarine Badge Teayre had just pinned to him before sitting down next to his fiancee, ordering an iced mocha and a slice of chocolate creme pie before answering Oikawa's questions, "In fact Oikawa, you do. Each one of these badges bears a color I thought would be representative of our qualities and personalities. I bear the Ultramarine Badge, because of the calm I try to express at all times, like the stillness of the ocean that Teayre enjoys describing me as. Teayre, because of her fiery personality and ability to bring unwavering courge into anything she does, bears the Scarlet Badge."

Nodding over to Teayre he continued to speak, "As for you Oikawa, I've always thought of you as the rock that the two of us jumped off our careers as adventurers from. Throughout everything that has happened, you have remained steadfast, yet yielding, like the sands of the desert. Because of that I thought your color would be citrine, the color associated with many types of stone. Because of that you are to be the bearer of the Citrine Badge."

With that he addressed Oikawa's next question, "As for the name of this group of friends I themed ourselves after colors. Colors take in everything, good, bad, and otherwise, and reflects it. In a way I wished that I didn't need to start this, because it should be something we should be doing already, but I hope that eventually this small circle will come to encapsulate everyone in SAO, so that we can remind ourselves of why we're here, to work together and escape this game. Because of this, I was thinking of the name The Spectrum Coalition. What do you guys think?"

As Oikawa spoke the word family Teayre’s hand went to her katana hilt her knuckles turning white before she let the limb fall away. Looking up she meets Oikawa’s eyes speaking quietly, the bitterness clear in her voice. “Family? You consider me family? Never going to happen Oikawa. I’ll never have family again. Even… Even f-friends, they’re hard enough for me to come by... For me to accept.†Pausing for a moment as she turns her head on gazing out the window, letting out a sigh dropping her shoulders.

As Teayre continued the bitterness had left her voice for one word, ‘family’. “I wouldn’t consider you family Kawi. No… That word the meaning that word holds for me… I can’t expect you to imagine. You along with Callie… Are people who walk the same life as me. My nakama. Not my family.†Her eyes meeting Oikawa’s glistening as tears begin to fall, a deep warm smile on her face sliding her hand along the table she takes one of the blonde’s hands as she removes her hand she leaves in there a small badge. “Here.â€

Item: Citrine Badge

Item Type: Lucky Charm

Quality: Good

Enhancement: None

Description: A small kite shaped badge that is of a sparkling sand yellow color and no bigger than a cat's paw print. It appears to be one of a set of three.

Quickly catching the waiter’s eye Teayre orders a mocha and a chocolate and vanilla cheesecake. Looking at Calrex she presses her head into his shoulder dabbing her tears away she entwines her arm around his. “I like the name… It’s simple. I have only one request to make with it though… Whoever joins, if we expand beyond us three. We are nakama not bound by guilds, they understand that and we are all close to them. I’m not saying for there to be no issues between us, but an understanding that if at any point we had to choose between guild and the coalition… Then our Nakama come first.†As she finishes speaking Teayre looks across to Oikawa her hand drawing patterns on the back of Calrex's hand again.

Oikawa nodded as Calrex explained the blonde's roll in the coloring and choosing of his badge. After Calrex finished, Teayre pipped up. Her words stung at first, as the reached Oikawa's ears, but he let that pass by as he understood what Teayre meant. We were her nakama, and that he could accept. He carefully placed the badge on to the shoulder of his cape and smiled. It looked good surprisingly. Returning his attention to the red-head, he listened as she made her single request of the Spectrum. To put the coalition above all else if it comes down to it. He knew it would be hard if it came down to it, especially given the offer he had received from a certain somebody, but he knew if had to, he would die a thousand times over to said person before turning on his nakama. Shaking his head, he addressed them both and spoke. "Of course. Spectrum before everything!" he stated with an air of finality about it.

Finally the waiter arrived with the pie and the largest fish they had. Placing the plate of fish by King, Oikawa dug into his pie as they,for all intents and purposes, enjoyed the moment.

Calrex listened attentively when Teayre responded to Oikawa's statement about them being his family. Of course Oikawa didn't know, but he knew full well why Teayre said what she did. As she buried her head into his shoulder he nodded as he entwined his finger with hers as he nodded acceptingly.

"We are nakama not bound by guilds, they understand that and we are all close to them. I’m not saying for there to be no issues between us, but an understanding that if at any point we had to choose between guild and the coalition… Then our Nakama come first."

"Nakama, an interesting choice of words. Unlike Kazoku, which is the typical word used for family in the normal sense, bound by blood or love, nakama is more like a family bound together by a common goal, more in line to a comrade or an equivalent of that. Although...I guess I feel more like Teayre is a part of my kazoku. She's more than just a person with a common goal to me. She's the person who I've chosen to marry"

"Of course. Spectrum before everything!"

Hearing Oikawa respond with such a resolved statement made Calrex give a small laugh before taking a breath, responding as well, "Compared to everyone I've met in this game so far, even the others I have grown to consider friends, you two are still the ones I feel to hold the closest. You can count that I will always be there for you two, through thick and thin. If I needed to choose between a guild dedication, where I could easily be replaced, and you two, you know that I will be on your side."

As the desserts and various orders arrived Calrex looked down for a second as he noticed Teayre drawing patterns on his hand. It was a small gesture, but the act gave Calrex a feeling of relief as his smile remained on his face. He was worried about how she was feeling the past few days, and even ended up having to discuss it with her. But now it seemed that she was a little more back to her old self. With that he took a sip of his mocha, "Very well, with that I think we can dub the unofficial group Spectrum Coalition established. For now let's enjoy these treats!"

As the waiter brought over the various snacks and treats they were having, Teayre pushed the mocha and cheesecake in front of Calrex smiling weakly at him. “You didn’t order anything so…†As she looked up a strawberry sundae was being placed on the table as well, the waiter spoke “For you miss, as usual.†Teayre’s eyes went wide before she grabbed the snack and tucked in, however she kept one arm wrapped around Calrex’s as if she was afraid to let go. Smiling at the blonde across the table she took a bit of her ice cream and pulled it back and fired it across at the blonde, before tucking the spoon into Calrex’s hand and pointing at him.

Grins all around as everyone received their snacks and drinks. As Teayre dug into her sundae she suddenly pushed it towards Oikawa and pointed at him. Confused, Oikawa pushed it back and pointed at Calrex. He was quite unsure if this was a game or a gesture of sorts. Either way he didn't want the ice cream and getting pointed at felt weird. Returning to his pie, he let his mind wander about the various things going on around them. Before he knew it, he was striking up conversation with the couple before him. "So what do you guys think about the Front-Lines right now? I mean from what I hear it is only a four man squad fighting the boss. You think they can handle it with no casualties?"

Calrex looked surprised for a second as Teayre pushed another mocha and pie in front of him, right as his own chocolate cream pie and iced mocha arrived, "Heh, thanks Teayre. I'll be sure to give them a try, but I need to focus on my order too right?"

Then suddenly he felt the coolness of a metal spoon in his hand as he looked forward to see a projectile heading for Oikawa, facepalming in his mind, "Oh no..."

He gently set the spoon on the table as he took a sip of his iced mocha, listening to Oikawa speak.

"So what do you guys think about the Front-Lines right now? I mean from what I hear it is only a four man squad fighting the boss. You think they can handle it with no casualties?"

"Well, from what I remember Mari and Rebekah were among those in that squad right? Since I don't know the other two there I would suspect that they should be alright based on the skill and level of those two. Although I can't really say it sits right with me that there is only four people taking on any boss. But, I guess that's why we're strong enough now right?"

With that he took a bite of his chocolate cream pie, giving an approving nod as he slid it between him and Teayre to allow her a chance to try it.

OC: Sorry for short post.

"So what do you guys think about the Front-Lines right now? I mean from what I hear it is only a four man squad fighting the boss. You think they can handle it with no casualties?"

“Well… We’ll just have to wait and see, I expect they’ll manage it if Calrex has this much confidance although I’ve never really met any of them.†Her sundae was empty, wresting her spoon back from Calrex Teayre began to slowly play with the glass gently chinking the spoon on each edge.

Taking the spoon with the cream pie that was offered to here Teayre promptly stuffs it in Calrex’s mouth. “It’s yours silly.† Sighing she leans back in her chair, looking at the pair her eyes beginning to droop.

"Yeah they have strong players but still. I worry about them. It's a small group against a benchmark boss. It just seems kinda crazy if you ask me. The next boss will certainly have more to worry about. I'll be there and I'll make sure he feels it when I strike. " The blonde's resolve scorched like a new flame and he was sure that he'd be one to put his strength to use. Having calmed down, he relaxed a bit as the remnants of his pie was scarfed down. Looking up in a sort of daze, Oikawa delivered yet another question.  "What do we do from here?" 

"Mmph!"

Calrex looked in surprise as suddely Teayre shoved a spoonful of the cream pie he ordered into his mouth as he pulled the spoon out of his mouth, "Hm...that pie is pretty good. You guys are free to give it a try as well."

Listening to Oikawa's response and resolved statement he gave a nod, "Well, that's part of the reason why we've all been working hard and becoming stronger right? To assist the frontlines and try to speed up the process of us escaping this game."

He took another spoonful of the pie, his eyes carefully keeping an eye on Teayre. As she began to open her mouth he shot his spoon forward, placing the pie into her mouth with a smirk as he gave a calming breath, "What do we do from here?"

"Does he mean that in the literal sense, or in terms of the coalition? I guess I might as well speak about both."

"Well, if you're referring to right at this very moment we enjoy these treats. As for moving forward with this new little group of ours...I guess we just carry on as usual for now. I never planned for the Spectrum to deal in anything guild-like, whether it be affairs or the politics that seems to very prevalent in the official guilds. However, if you two ever feel there are others that we could trust like we do each other, feel free to see if they're suitable to join the coalition."

Teayre’s eyes perked up a bit a small light coming into them as Oikawa started to speak high and mighty, “Oh? So who’ve you found then Kawi-kun? Is Kotori behaving herself with you?†Letting a condescending tone enter her voice Teayre smiled widely at the boy, suddenly Teayre found herself with a mouthful of pie. “HMRPHM!†Gulping it down Teayre turns and glares at Calrex, “What was that for! I don’t like cream pie…. Silly Calrex.â€

“What’s do we do from here?â€

Quietly listening to Calrex reply as she slips her hand in his Teayre nods in agreement, “I think we find out what we can and then go forward from there. There’s not much we can do. Between us, I’m going to be looking at returning to being a solo player soon after I’ve set a few things in order. I just don’t think guild life is for me. It feels so… fake at times.â€

Oikawa let their answers soak in as he sat back and thought. Letting them finish, he sat up with a prepared response. "As for Kotori and I, I think we're doing fine. Just enjoying the moment and taking it slow. On the flip-side, regarding guilds, front-lines and what not, I have a few comments. To answer your question Cal, yes. that is the precise reason why I've pushed myself so hard to get where I'm at. As for not meddling in guild affairs I do have some concerns. I feel trouble will be brewing soon with Absolute Pin in particular and I have a concern that's been nagging at me. If you two could riddle me this, what was the real motive behind acquiring Kotori? From what I gather, Ariel was extremely upset that I declined her invite and then joined Azure. I can't help but feel like Kotori was used as bait to get me to join. I'm also aware of her rather Absolute Power over Absolute Pin. Your take on my concerns?"

Calrex gave a calming breath as he took a sip of his iced mocha as he gave a playful smirk at Teayre, "Sorry about that. I'll make it up to you later."

"As for not meddling in guild affairs I do have some concerns. I feel trouble will be brewing soon with Absolute Pin in particular and I have a concern that's been nagging at me. If you two could riddle me this, what was the real motive behind acquiring Kotori? From what I gather, Ariel was extremely upset that I declined her invite and then joined Azure. I can't help but feel like Kotori was used as bait to get me to join. I'm also aware of her rather Absolute Power over Absolute Pin. Your take on my concerns?"

As Oikawa inquired about the internals of Absolute Pin Calrex gave an acknowledging nod as he prepared to answer his friend's query, "What you just said is certainly one of the things I've heard circulating around about the guild, and it's something I've talked with Teayre about and plan to discuss with Ariel. To my knowledge though I believe Kotori actually approached the guild and expressed interest in joining during its early stages. If there was an ulterior motive behind having her join I an unaware of it unfortunately."

He looked over at Teayre for clarification before continuing, "As for that absolute power you're referring you must be referring to the council system that was established for the guild. Teayre and I are members of the council, along with Ariel, but currently she possesses the power to veto a decision. It's certainly not a perfect system, but hopefully when I speak with her something can be done to remedy that."

“I won’t lie Oikawa, a small part of why I wanted Kotori in the guild was to hopefully get you in as well. However the main reason was she has potential, I like the girl enough that if you ever hurt her. Well let’s just say you’ll be the one paralysed for a change. Ariel herself I don’t know what she was thinking and the more she talks the more she pisses me off.â€

Clenching her fist Teayre punches the wall, before standing up. “I’m going outside for a bit you two, something been pissing me off about the whole guild thing anyway. I don’t trust her one bit. Cal here’s the col for the tab.†Bringing her inventory up Teayre drops a bag of five hundred col on the table then walks out the door slamming it on her way out hard enough to make the windows shake. Before she took to the back streets within Starting City.