PP - F2 Absolute Pin Initiation: Lowenthal (Completed)

"Heh, no worries. As long as it works right? At least it seems like you've also gotten the hang of that trowing technique unique to daggers. That's definitely gonna come in handy in the future."

As the two headed further down the hallway Calrex made note of the sounds of the creatures within the dungeon moving about. None of them were within his skill's range of view, meaning they were not close enough to engage in combat.

"Good, that means we can avoid further confrontation until we reach the monster room."

At this point they were about halfway to the room from the previous battle room. With that Calrex checked on their destination, seeing the large knight in armor still deactivated. It wouldn't activate until a player entered the room, perfect for his method of testing initiates.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowenthal peered into the room. "What is that? A suit of armor?" He asked, as he squinted to see into the room to see. He stared at the armor, looking for kinks, what weapon it used, the dimensions of the room. Anything to give him an advantage over the monster inside. It looked a bit like Calrex. "I bet you take all your dates out on such nice locations." Lowenthal said, teasing him.

+1 natural Healing

33/36

"Heh, 'all' my dates? I guess if you want to call an initiation that sure why not."

In response to Lowenthal's joke Calrex responded in kind, watching as they got three quarters of the way their destination. As they did Calrex saw the knight still in its deactivated state, but he could easily make out the red tint of the room that served as a marker for a locked room, one where if you enter the monster will activate and prevents anyone who enters from leaving unless they use a teleport crystal.

"As long as I'm strong enough to step in when necessary I can easily help any player out in there. Although I might need to start carrying more teleport crystals if this is going to be a more regular thing."

"Hm? Oh really. Well that was quick, heh. Well, you've put the topic out there, so go ahead and elaborate."

Calrex continued to speak in a more casual manner, since the topic wasn't something to be completely serious about. By this point they had arrived in front of the room, but he stopped just short so that they could finish their conversation before entering.

Lowenthal blushed. "Well, she's an odd one." He said, begging about Ahti. "And, I don't know why i like her. But every day that goes by without seeing her, kinda makes me more sad inside." He said, rubbing his brow. "Anyway, she told me that I was 'fake' and that I try to hard. And that I needed to come out of my shell." He stood up. "So I'm trying. You ready to watch me kill this thing?" He asked, grabbing his kunai. Flipping it into the air, and catching it. H was getting anxious, and need to do something.

35/36

"Well she certainly sounds like an interesting character. If things work out I hope your sister approves, heh. In any case if you're feeling like you're ready to take this thing on go ahead. Once you enter that room the monster will activate. I won't step in unless you're able to demonstrate enough prowess that you can hold your own in a tough fight, or you are put into a dangerous situation. Nonetheless, fight with all of you able and I will evaluate your skill."

Once Lowenthal enteres the room the knight would stand up, the twelve foot tall monster bearing a large straight sword and kite shield. The name: Armored Shadow Knight.

OOC: I'll be rolling for the knight on my posts, so just roll for your BD on yours.

HP List

Lowenthal: 35/36

Calrex: 81/81 (On Standby until one of two conditions are met: Lowenthal reduces Armored Shadow Knight to half health or vice-versa.)

Armored Shadow Knight: 44/44

Armored Shadow Knight deals 3 damage per hit

ID: 18875

BD: 6+1=7 (Hit) 4 Dmg

Lowenthal nodded at Calrex. Understanding him, and the terms. He smiled at Calrex. "That's assuming I give you a chance to get a strike in." And with that he rushed in to attack. Lowenthal went around the back end of the knight. It was bigger then he thought at first. It didn't matter, he took out bigger things before and this was no different. He stabbed with his dagger, it sliding between the plates. Instead of backing up, Lowenthal stayed close to the base of the large man. It would have to bend further down to attack him, or back up.

ID: 18879

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

Armored Shadow Knight

As Lowenthal closed in and struck the knight while its activation sequence was progressing he managed to deal a strike to the area between the chest plate and the shoulder pauldron of the oversized knight. As the monster fully stood up it gazed down to see the speedy player hanging out close to its nearby foot. Normally this would be wise against slower creatures that had focused on upper body movements, but this knight was programmed with a smarter AI. It quickly thrust the leg Lowenthal was standing in front of forward, successfully connecting a powerful toe kick into the player as it sent him flying back.

With the distance gained by the blow the knight assumed a defensive stance, standing sideways with its shield in front, sword arm back. Once doing so it crouched slightly, shrinking its profile behind the shield to make it even more difficult to hit.

HP List

Lowenthal: 32/36

Calrex: 81/81 (Standby)

Armored Shadow Knight: 40/44

ID: 18881(Triple 8's, AND a reversible number)

BD: 3 +2acc+1concentraion=6(hit)  4dmg

Lowenthal smirked as he thought he had this battle won. The the foot came, his eyes wide with surprise as the foot came into contact. Lowenthal slid back, but retained his stance. The knight then took a defensive stance. C'mon, think Lowenthal thought, looking at his dagger. There was no way he was going to parry that sword. Or pierce that shield. He could throw his dagger, but then he'd be defenseless. Lowenthal took a deep breath and <concentrated> thinking calmly about how to attack next. There was a lot of space under the shield, all he had to do was run under it. Run under the shield, dodging the sword all the way, and another kick. Easy. Lowenthal reversed the grip on his dagger, and rushed at the knight. He ran, whilst dashing from side to side. When he got close Lowenthal ducked under it's shield, and drove his kunai into it's leg. He quickly moved out of the way, trying to avoid being kicked again.

HP List

Lowenthal: 32/36 Concentraion-5 posts

Armored Shadow Knight: 36/44

ID: 18885

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

Armored Shadow Knight

As Lowenthal managed to successfully slash the knight in the leg the knight had already prepared for another attack. Its sword dropped low as it scratched the ground, coming up towards Lowenthal in a rising slash. The attack was right in the path of Lowenthal's retreat as the sword slammed into the player before hurling him towards the wall. Due to the sheer size of the edge it wasn't able to cut the player, but the blunt force of the attack was enough to cause a critical hit.

With that the knight returned back to its defensive stance as it readied for another attack.

HP List

Lowenthal: 28/36 

Armored Shadow Knight: 36/44

ID: 18887

BD: 9 5dmg

Lowenthal spun around in time, in time to see the sword rise and connect with his chest. The sheer force of the blow, carrying him with the blade. Lowenthal was flung off of his blade, and slammed into the wall. Lowenthal slumped as he slid down the wall. Lowenthal sat here on the floor for a full second, before getting up and rushing the knight again. He had to stop getting hit, he needed to get a string of combos in. He danced  over to where he had struck before, and stabbed it again. His kunai seemed to dig deeper this time around, good he was making progress.

HP List

Lowenthal: 28/36 

Armored Shadow Knight: 31/44

ID: 18893

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7

Armored Shadow Knight

As Lowenthal successfully connected a critical hit on the knight once again the knight brought its leg back to keep it from receiving further damage. At the same time its shield came down, aiming to slam it into the player in front of it. Its attack didn't make direct contact, but as the tip of the shield made contact with the floor a bunch of shards from the floor spread out from the impact, some of them grazing Lowenthal as they flew by.

After it's attack the knight took a couple of steps back, preparing itself for an attack, but at the same time readying to deal one of its own.

HP List

Lowenthal: 25/36 

Armored Shadow Knight: 31/44

ID: 18894

BD:5+2=7(hit)  4dmg

Lowenthal followed the leg as it tried to escape. Luckily it was a smart move, as the shield hit where he stood mere seconds ago. He felt the shrapnel from the floor shattering behind him. Lowenthal looked for the spot he was hitting before. After quickly looking at the leg, he favored picking on, he saw a small red glow. lowenthal dashed to it, and his kunai rang true again. It digging into it's wound. Damn, why won't he slow down Lowenthal thought, as he caught his breath.

HP List

Lowenthal: 25/36 

Armored Shadow Knight: 27/44

ID: 18898

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

Armored Shadow Knight

As Lowenthal's attack struck the knight's leg once again it seemed the AI of the knight's programming had caught onto Lowenthal's plan of exploiting the wound he had previously scored so many hits on. Immediately after the successful strike the knight's wounded leg stepped back a short step before immediately snapping forward, delivering a fierce kick to the player. At the same time its shield came down, the now airborne player slamming the metallic slab.

With that the knight kept Lowenthal close, keeping him from retaining any breathing room.

HP List

Lowenthal: 21/36 

ID: 18899

BD: 3+2=5 (miss)

Lowenthal got cocky, thinking he had this in the bag. He saw the foot coming, but he couldn't dodge it time. Instead he tried to block it. The kick launched him, and launched him into a shadow. Lowenthal opened his eyes, and saw the thick edge of the shield close in to him. The shield bashed him in his gut. The blow knocked the wind from Lowenthal, as the shield slammed him into the ground.

HP List

ID: 18900

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

Armored Shadow Knight

After finishing its attack the knight took a couple of retreating steps as it assumed its defensive stance once again. It raised the shield up for a second before slamming the bottom edge downwards, partially embedding the shield in the ground. This close the gap that Lowenthal was initially exploiting for attacking its leg as the knight crouched low once again, assuming its defense stance.

Calrex silently observed as Lowenthal continued his battle, watching attentively as he saw the boy attack the same place two to three times in a row, "The AI definitely learned from that and adapted to it. Lowenthal you're going to need to find a new weakpoint to exploit."

HP List

ID: 18903

BD: 5+1=6  4dmg (Concentration has charged)

Lowenthal slowly got to his feet, clutching his side and panting. He reversed the grip on his kunai and charged the Knight. The knight stabbed at him with it's sword, and using his <athletics> Lowenthal was able to deftly duck under it, and move to the opposite side of it. Still running at te night's right side, which was now open. Lowenthal slashed at knight, as he dragged his kunai alongside it he reversed his motion and drove it's point into the monster's side. Here his Kunai slid in easy, as if it wasn't even metal covering this part. 

HP List

Armored Shadow Knight: 23/44

ID: 18905

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

Armored Shadow Knight

As Lowenthal's strike struck true the knight reeled back as it attempted to recover from the attack, but due to the wound on its leg the knight stumbled back further. In order to regain its balance the knight knelt down as its arms fell to its sides before standing back up once again, preparing for another advance. Its grip on its shield was loosening, as if it was preparing to change strategies.

HP List

Armored Shadow Knight: 23/44

ID: 18914

BD: 3+2Acc+1 Concentraion =6(hit) 4dmg

Lowenthal watched at the shifted the weight of it's shield. Lowenthal was surprised he hadn't dropped it yet. The knight only used it to attack once, and he hadn't blocked a single strike from Lowenthal. Lowenthal looked at the knight and <Concentrated> holding his kunai as he did before when the bats attacked. He yelled as he threw his kunai horizontally at the knight. His throw rang true, and his kunai pierced the armored knee of the Knight. Using his Athletics, Lowenthal ran at the knight again, he dropped to his knees and slid between the Knight's grabbing his kunai on his way through.

HP List

Armored Shadow Knight: 19/44