PP - F2 Absolute Pin Initiation: Lowenthal (Completed)

Condition met! Calrex has joined the battle!

ID: 18915

Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +1) = 5 (Thorns Activation)

As Calrex saw the knight's health fall into the yellow zone he nodded in approval as he entered into the room, drawing the Grand Blade as he stepped just out of striking range of the knight. As Lowenthal retreated out of the combat range of the knight Calrex impaled his sword into the ground as the aura chains enveloped his arms and shins, spinning rapidly like drills. As the Grand Blade struck the ground the chains exploded from his limbs, amplifying the sound of his armor's echoing impact as his <<Howl>> ability activated.

The knight, originally locked onto Lowenthal, set its eyes on Calrex as it tried to slash at him, dropping its shield. The sword missed its mark, but it came close enough to activate the Grand Chariot's Thorns ability as the light blue aura chains surrounded his chestplate before exploding and sending shards at the knight, pelting the monster.

"Nice work Lowenthal. I'll draw its attention. Just keep focused on wailing on it."

HP List

Lowenthal: 21/36 (Hate: 0)

Calrex: 81/81 (Hate: 3)

Armored Shadow Knight: 18/44 (+1 Thorns)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 18916

BD: 10 6dmg

Lowenthal watched as Calrex jumped into the fray. Lowenthal rushed at the knight, fueled by Calrex's appearance in the battle. Lowenthal took advantage of Carl's attack, and rushed the Knight. Using the dropped shield as a spring board, Lowenthal jumped off of it. Lowenthal sailed over the Knight and his kunai dug deep into it's shoulder.

HP List

Lowenthal: 21/36 (Hate: 0)

Calrex: 81/81 (Hate: 3)

Armored Shadow Knight: 12/44 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 18954

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

As Lowenthal rushed forward and impaled the knight in the shoulder Calrex's eyes focused on the knight's position. It had gone into its half health berseker mode, swinging its sword wildly in hopes of scoring a hit. As the slashes flew around him he gave a calming breath as his eyes focused and scanned the body of the monster, determining where its center of gravity was.

"With Lowenthal hanging out on the shoulder, that'll shift the center of gravity further down...meaning..."

He flipped his Grand Blade into a hammer grip as he stood sideways, sword arm in front. He brought his sword arm in front of him, forearm parallel to his body, with his sword perpendicular to his face, the main cutting edge facing upwards. Using his <<Sprint>> ability he flew forward with almost instantaneous speed as he leapt upwards, impaling the knight in the opposite shoulder. The combined weight of the two players added with the force of the strike knocked the knight off balance as it fell backwards. As they fell Calrex reoriented himself so that he was facing towards the knight's legs, adding force to the fall as he increased the power of the upcoming floor slam.

As the knight's back hit the ground a resounding clang could be heard. With that Calrex leapt back, "Alright Lowenthal finish it off!"

HP List

Lowenthal: 21/36 (Hate: 1)

Calrex: 81/81 (Hate: 5)

Armored Shadow Knight: 2/44

ID: 18970

BD: 8+1=9 (Hit) 4dmg

LD: 9+2=11 MobHPx5 Col [220

Lowenthal slid off the knight ans it feel onto it's hands. The knight struggled with trying to get up. Lowenthal walked over to the knight, and rammed his kunai inbetween it's face plate. The tip of his kunai piercing the back of it's helment. The knight went slump, and then exploded into blue fragments. The red glow of the room, now fading into a cool blue. Showing that the players could leave. Lowenthal sheathed his kunai. This room had to have a chest, so lowenthal started looking. 

ID: 19890 LD: 10+2=12 (Failure to find)

After seeing nothing, from a quick glance, he looked back over at Calrex. "Well, that was easy." Lowenthal said, holding his side, still sore from the shield attack. "What's next?"

As Lowenthal dealt the finishing blow to the knight Calrex gave a calming breath as he twirled his Grand Blade back into its sheath, nodding to his teammate, "Well that concludes the dungeon exploration part of the initiation. Nice work. Let's get out of here. I've just got a couple more questions for you, then we'll grab a quick drink, and call it after that."

With that Calrex activated his <<Reveal>> skill and easily guided the two out of the dungeon without any further encounters, "Alright then first question, are you willing to work alongside other players, guild-affiliated or otherwise?"

Lowenthal followed Calrex, who lead them out of the cave. The sunlight making Lowenthal squint slightly. He listend to Calrex. Of course they'd be more questions. "Shoot." He said, awaiting the first question. "Other people? Yeah i guess, what would make me not work with them?" He asked, not ansering the question. Lowenthal liked helping people. "Next question." Lowenthal said, after giving his answer.

"A reasonable question. It's a question I feel the need to ask because some people just can't stand having to work with others. In any case moving on. Second question, how much would you be willing to risk while out on these raids?"

"In a way I feel like this is a trick question, but if does help give me a gauge of Lowenthal's resolve. Is he reasonable, martyr-like, timid? He could fall into any of a variety of ranges, and I need to determine where he thinks he lands."

Lowenthal thought. "I suppose it depends on what's going on." He answered, trying not to confuse himself. "Like, I feel like I need a specific situation. Like an example if it's just me and a large enemy. I'm gonna try and run away when things start looking bad." He said. "But if it's me and a person I know. I'm gonna make sure that they're in front of me if we're running." he said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Sounds fairly reasonable then, good to hear."

"I can't honestly say that I'm happy to hear people willing to risk everything on raids. It breaks me sense of logic, because if they are trying to escape from the game risking your life doesn't seem to be the reasonable way of going about it. Lowenthal seems to have a good head on his shoulders in this aspect."

"Alright then, I believe I've gathered all I need to know from you. I'll be sure to report my evaluations to the council and I'll be sure to get back to you on their verdict. Now, let's go get those drinks. I'm guessing you're still going for fruit smoothies?"

"Heh, nope that pretty much covers everything I needed to know."

With that the two players arrived back in Urbus as Calrex directed them to the nearest tavern, "Go ahead and grab a seat and I'll go get the drinks."

With that he headed over to the bartender and put in the orders, the bartender quickly producing the drinks as Calrex walked over to Lowenthal, passing his drink to him. Calrex himself had ordered a ginger ale., the fizziness passing down his throat as he took a sip.

Lowenthal cheered with Calrex, in the tavern. He took a big swing of his smoothie, and again tasting strawberries and another fruit. He was probably never going to place the taste of that second fruit. But whatever it was, he was gonna get it when he got out of this game. But as of now, he was going to enjoy his time here. He set his drink down, looking somewhat somber. "This is great. But," He started. "But, I need to find myself." Lowenthal said, mostly talking to himself. "I can't just be Lowenthal forever. Y'know?" He said, looking at Calrex.

As Lowenthal took a swig of his drink Calrex gulped down a third of his ginger ale before setting it down, listening to the person across him speak.

"But, I need to find myself...I can't just be Lowenthal forever. Y'know?"

"Hm? What do you mean?"

After speaking Calrex swirled his glass, the ice cubes inside shifting and spinning around as they redistributed in the space, each individual cube slowly melting within the clear light green fizzing liquid.

Lowenthal looked at Calrex. "Well, were gonna get out of this game eventually. Then I'll just return to the old me. No real friends, to speak of. And no one who will remember me as Lowenthal. Hero to the people of SAO." He said. The main thing was that, he didn't want to work so hard to become something, be someone. Then have it all return to normal, and become forgotten. 

"I think I get your meaning. Like once we get out of this game I won't be Calrex anymore, just some guy who works at a tech company right? Well you definitely have a lot of time to do so. We're only just now getting to the eleventh floor."

He took another swig of the ginger ale before responding, "In any case I hope you're able to find it. If you're ever in need of help feel free to reach out to me and I'll do what I can. I'm sure you've met a bunch of people that would likely do the same, right?"

Lowenthal looked up at Calrex. "Y'know what? You're right." Lowenthal said, standing. It was true, Lowenthal had made a lot of friends in SAO and most of them woul be more then happy to help him in a jam. "Lowenthal, or not. I'm me. And I'm gonna get us out of here." He said, jamming his thumb into his chest. "Lowenthal, Master of Shadows. Ready for duty." He said, a giant grin on his face. He was now more pumped then ever, he felt like he could take on anything. 

Seeing Lowenthal's grin and resolved response Calrex gave a friendly smile and a nod as he downed the rest of his ginger ale, "Good to hear! You have the support of the Ultramarine Knight."

He got to his feet as he put his hands in his pockets as he gave a nod of approval, "In any case with this your initiation with Absolute Pin is complete. Take your time and enjoy the rest of your smoothie, but I've gotta get running on some other errands."

With that he walked towards the door before giving his teammate a friendly wave, "I'll see you around!"

After exiting the bar Calrex looked and around and headed towards the teleportation circle, "Alright, I'll need to report what I've gathered to the council, and then probably once I'm done there I'll make my way to the fourth floor."

Lowenthal stood up and went to get him another drink. "Going already?" lowenthal said, slightly disappointing. "Alright, It's cool. I'll catch you later." he said, gulping down another smoothie. The taste of strawberries and a mystery fruit engulfed his tongue. He waved to Calrex as he sat back down to celebrate further. Lowenthal thought about what he would do later, probably hang out with Sis. 

Topic Completed

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • 3 Pages Complete (1200 col / 600 col per player)
  • Monster Drops:
    • Bat 2: 1 Material / 200 col (Claimed by Calrex, given to Lowenthal)
    • Bat 1: 1 Material / 200 col (Claimed by Lowenthal)
    • Armored Shadow Knight: 1 Material / 220 col  (Claimed by Lowenthal)