[PP-F7] Hunting in the Illuminated Mountain (Meokka, Ariel)

Guest Meokka

Guest Meokka

19134 16+2 (Search and detect) = 18

After passing though the gate, Meokka looked around at the stone buildings around her. She'd move her shop here in a heart beat. Though the cold wintry terrain also kept her forge from overheating. Though it made it troublesome to start. She looked over to the mountains and notice there was a cave nearby. She jogged over to it and looked up inside of it. The green crystals on the ceiling glowed a brilliant green that took her breath away. She wanted to mine this terribly.

As she ventured barely inside the cave she saw a green crystal on the ground and picked it up. She opened up her HUD and walked out of the cave as she waited for her guild leader. She opened up a writing application and started jotting down notes.

-Illuminemerald

Special Properties: Glows green 

Typical size: half fist size

Found on: Floor7

She waved her HUD away and tossed the illuminemerald in the air, and then caught it. She sat down waiting for Ariel to arrive.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arriving at the 7th floor, Ariel checked her friend tracker to locate her protégé. Apparently the bluenette wasn't far enough and the blonde could easily catch up with her. She found Meo near a cave entrance writing something down as she was looking at what appeared to be a crafting material. It showed a faint glow and reminded the blonde of one of her own materials that she often used on the 10th floor, the fluorescent 'Firefly Essence' that she had in a bottle. With a smile the blonde and her furry companion approach the bluenette, who appeared to be waiting for them:

"Hey Meo, Are you ready for some mob hunting? I told you this will be a day of training for you so better be prepared for what's coming next" said the blonde with a pleased smile as she shortly scanned the area around them, seeing if she could find a material of her own, that she could use in tailoring. Kimba on the other side, went by Meokka's side and started brushing against her legs while slowly purring. The white lion cub appeared to have taken a liking to Ariel's protégé.

Guest Meokka

She looked over her shoulder and smiled pleased to see her onee-san! She ran over and hugged Ariel blissfully. She then let go and went to pet Kimba with a smile. She looked up at Ariel from where she had bent over. After a moment she stood straight and saluted Ariel with a proud and happy look to her face.

"Absolutely! I'd like to show you what I've been studying." She called out her staff and it appeared in a blue light. She twirled it once and held a ready position. "I've also found some material already. I hope it's all right if I keep looking around while we look for monsters to fight. I'm slowly becoming a bit obsessed with my profession." she admitted. "I've got two orders already I have to work on. I haven't had much luck though." she admitted a bit embarrassed. .

Ariel was a bit surprised as Meokka suddenly went and hugged her, she returned the embrace and patted her protégé on the head as she valiantly saluted her.' I guess military habits are hard to let go off' she thought for a second as she listened to the bluenette.

"Look all you want I will be doing the same!" said the blonde as she scanned the place one more time. Nothing that she could use was around so with a sigh she elegantly unsheathed her black rapier, in a well practiced move that showed no flaws or unnecessary movements. She then let out a chuckle as she continued: "Don't say you're obsessed, it's perfectly normal to craft using all the daily attempts when you're still fresh in the business. I did it as well for a long time. But lately i've closed my shop to any exterior request, letting it open for guild use only! Also if you're short of materials you can address the guild for some and I'm sure the council will give you some." she said as they started walking.

ID: 19423 LD: 6

Guest Meokka

19438 + 2 search and detect

She nodded and followed her. She kept her eyes peeled. "I couldn't do that onee-san, I've taken the search and detect skill. I don't mind using it. When I go out I try to hoard twelve materials at a time. It's pretty hard stuff though, but it's worth it. Makes me think I'm trying my best. When orders come in I let them know I'm fighting to get them done. I guess if I fail, I feel better going out there and trying to apply myself you know." she explained walking next to her. "I guess there's a part of me that wants to change the world. Change this world." she started to hum a song. It was Keep Breathing by Ingrid Michaelson. It was a bit bitter sweet. "We'll be head strong and conquer this."

"Change the world huh?" slowly muttered the blonde deep in thought. She too once wanted to change something about the slow progress of the floor clearing, we meet some high lever front liners by coincidence. She was excited to see the real deal in action but here hype got abruptly cut when she saw the truth. They didn't clear floors more rapidly because of their constant bickering among themselves over trivial stuff. In Ariel's eyes, they have forgotten the goal each and every one of the trapped players had, to get out of SAO as fast as they could. The blonde would later join Azure to try and make a difference but would be kicked out along with the other members because of 'personal' reasons. 

That is when she decided to stop trying to change the world and work only in achieving their 'apparently' forgotten goal. For that purpose she created Absolute Pin among with close friends that she personally recruited for the Brigade back then: Teayre and Calrex. No matter what the world would do, she will find players with potential and used the knowledged she had gathered in SAO, her skills and training IRL to make proper front liners that would accompany her in the boss fights. She would advance in her own way, with the help of the guild she founded, very little interested of the world around her.

Those were the thoughts that crossed Ariel's mind as the two would ventured in the wild. Maybe she had taken Meo's song too serious as her facial expression clearly showed it. After a while she would put her hand on Meo's shoulder and say: "Its good to be independent in such matters, it gives you a sense of completion, right?"

Guest Meokka

She looked at her onee-san. "That's not why I want to do it." she stated. "It's the right thing to do. I refuse to let this game change my resolve and view. When I found out I was trapped I wanted to do something but I was afraid. Yet I still wanted to fight you know. Because there are kids who are going to be robbed of being kids. Adults being robbed of seeing loved ones. It's not right. The world may not be fair, but that's because we have people like Kayaba who make it that way. So in my opinion. You need someone strong enough to stand up to someone like that, and tell him no. Human life is too important, and too fragile. You can't put a price on it even if society makes you think you can. So. I do it not just for me, but for everyone who needs to be home. It's just the right thing to do. As much as a complitionest as I am. I have a more passionate heart, even if it looks like I hide it. That's why I trust you onee-san. Never let this game change you. I won't let it change me either."

"So we are all victims, huh? I understand and respect your opinion Meo-chan. But SAO life taught me that even if the root of all problems is Kayaba, the people inside aren't doing their best to escape... even if they are provided with means to do it. You try and keep that pure and passionate heart Meo. As for the game changing me...I'm afraid it's a bit too late for that unfortunately." she said with a sad smile at the end. She could see herself in Meo, the blonde's early days when she would walk around the noob floors and help everybody she could, trying to make their life in SAO more bearable. Now, she only focused on her guild and maybe her friends outside it, she cared little for the rest of SAO.

As they chatted they walked into a mob area and caught the nearby mob's attention. Kimba made a low growl to get the girl's attention and Ariel, as soon as she heard her companion, changed from her current state into full battle mode. Unsheathing her rapier in one elegantly trained move. Their opponent would be a flying mob, specifically a harpie of sorts. 

"Okay Meo-chan time to show me what you've got! You go first, I'll back you up." stated the blonde as she entered in a perfectly trained defensive stance, leaving no room for openings.

Ariel: 73/73 HP

Meokka: 43/43 HP

Harpie: 37/37 HP

Guest Meokka

19768 3

"You don't want to help everyone? Yet you choose to front line. Not out of malice, but to help those that can not help themselves. You help those you think are strong enough to help you. Our goals are the same. Get out. Save everyone we can. If that's true, then we're the same. I trust you onee-sama. I will follow you because one day, it'll be us championing everyone. Those with no voice or will to fight. Next time I ask if this place has changed you. You won't make a sad face onee-sama. You didn't know me, and you made it so I am not frail."

She rushed forwards and missed but kept circling under the enemy. Her armor glowed a azure color as it's ability activated.

"You see. Without you, I wouldn't be well off. Without me being knight like to others more lives would be lost. No matter what Onee-sama, you're a good person. Look at my armor as prove. Let me say it one more time. This game will not change you! I'm prove." Meokka would always try to champion Ariel.

Ariel: 73/73 HP

Harpie: 37/37 HP

"You give me too much credit." said the blonde as she started lowering her stance. As she did that her whole body started emanating a faint golden aura that kept increasing until she reached the optimal pre-move to use the <<Charge>> skill. The moment she achieved she dashed forwards, covering in an instant the distance between her and the harpie that was distracted by Meokka. Her rapier slid silently in the mob's right side as the blonde showed a mischievous grin. She would expose exactly how much this world and the front lines, had changed her. She stood there with her blade impaled in the mob as it let out a scream and started attacking her with its wings. The blonde valiantly withstood the blows and took minimal damage as she used her left vambrace to deflect most of the damage. "Show me your resolve Meo-chan!" she said as she hold the mob in place for the bluenette to strike it.

ID: 19770  BD: 7  MD: 9

Ariel: 72/73 HP (-1)

Harpie: 23/37 HP (-14)

*mob has 3 base Dmg

Guest Meokka

19771 10 + 2 

"With pleasure Onee-sama!" Meokka jumped and placed her foot on the harpie. Then jumped again.She tucked her legs against her chest. It was there there was a sound similar to thunder. Meokka's lance had a purple aura around it with purple like lightning surrounding it. She unfolded herself and raised the lance upwards then tucked herself turned in the air. her feet touched the ceiling and she looked down at the enemy with a fierce stare. She whistled to it. It looked up at the noise. "This is my true resolve!" she thrust her lance against the harpie knocking it down.. There was a lout screech as it twitched and writhed from the paralysis inflicted upon it. Meokka placed her feet on the hilt of her lance and pushed off. She then landed on her feet near the monster. She swiftly jumped back and placed her lance on her right arm, aiming. "I've paralyzed the enemy onee-san." she whispered to Ariel.

She was very focused.

Ariel: 72/73 HP (-1)

2 hate Meokka: 43/43 HP

Harpie: 15/37 HP - 8 + paralyzed 

Seeing Meo's acrobatic display, Ariel couldn't help but be impressed as she dealt devastating damage to the harpie. The bluenette made the lance look like it was a extension of her. As the bluenette made the final move, Ariel released the mob and backed away a split of a second before Meo landed the precise hit and landed on the floor. Ariel backed up to her: "You sure know your way with that thing" she said with a smile, already feeling the adrenaline rush in her blood. "My turn again" she said as she dashed towards the mob, this time with less speed than her initial attack but fast enough to leave a blue streak behind her. As she runned her eyes scanned the paralyzed mob for her target are. She'd, find it and once she got into striking range she trusted her rapier with strength, impaling the mob through where the heart area should be, with pinpoint precision. Then she would back off once again and look at the mob's red hp bar. She turns towards Meo and gives her a discreet thumbs up "Okay finish it!" she said with a smile, already looking for their next target. 

ID: 19777  BD: 8  MD: 3

[2H]Ariel: 72/73 HP

[2H]Meokka: 43/43 HP

Harpie: 5/37 HP (-10) [Paralyzed] 

Guest Meokka

19778 2

She rushed forwards and thought about it. Her lance went over the harpie's shoulder. She aimed far to high thanks to her height. So she kept running letting her armor do some work for her. "Onee-san, I won't rob you of your glory of vanquishing this foe. Please take the final hit." She told her as she circled the enemy just in case. "Onee-san, please show me your resolve this time." She smiled at her big sister. She wanted her sister to have faith in the goodness in her heart, and to never make such a sad face again.

[2H]Ariel: 72/73 HP

Harpie: 5/37  

Hearings Meo's reply Ariel burst in laughs "Glory? well that's one way of looking at it I suppose" she said as she tried not to break stance, suppressing the laughter. "You sure know your way with words dear Meo-chan! Okay just watch me!" she said with a partially sadistic smile. The blonde could already feel her bloodlust kicking in as she eyed the mob. The next target are was clear, as the blonde dashed towards it a 3rd time, internally thanking Meo for the good laugh, she didn't truly laugh for a while now. 

The harpie made a screech as it saw Ariel approach it and the blonde in expectancy of a attack raised her left vambrace to eye level, blocking and deflecting the mob's wings that attacked her furiously. As she reached striking range the blonde put the bridge of her left hand at the pommel of her rapier, adding extra strength to her thrust. The weapon's black tip reached its target, the mob's head, as true as always and as the blonde kept pushing with both her hands, the black tip could be seen exiting on the other side of its skull. Moments later the mob exploded into polygons and the blonde assumed a relaxed stance, trying to control her breathing. She'd gotten way to excited in this fight... and more importantly, alongside someone else. She picked up the material item the mob dropped and stored it in her inventory, with the thought of sharing the final loot count with Meo once they finish this.... training exercise, as her reward.

"Okay then, next!" shouted the blonde in a attempt to attract 2 of the nearby mobs." This time we fight each one its own okay?" she asked as she turned towards Meo, the sadistic smile still lingering o her face as she catches her breath.

ID: 19779  BD. 10(nat)  MD: 1  LD: 1

[4H]Ariel: 72/73 HP

Harpie: -7/37(-12) Loot: 1 material

Guest Meokka

She walked over to her and gave Ariel a light pat on the back. "Maybe you should invest in <<Athletics>> it keeps me from feeling too winded. Yes lets take on an enemy each then. I trust you'll keep me safe onee-sama, and I will do my best to protect you as well." she loved this type of trust exercise. "Will we be facing more harpies, or did you have another enemy in mind? I'm willing to try to fight anything. Hopefully my aim will be better in the next fight. Also that final move was amazing." she smiled. 

Eyeing two mobs that seemed to have given into her taunt Ariel lets out a small giggle as Meo pats her on the back, she then lowered her weight center once more and before attacking her targeted opponent using her <<Charge>> skill, she replies to Meokka: "Already have it, it's just that I'm not that into flashy things." she grins as she continues "But for you I'm gonna make a exception right now. I'll take the one on the left." she said as she activated the skill, living behind her only a golden-blue streak. Her trajectory looked like a straight exactly like before but the blonde, just before striking the mob, jumped over it in a reverse wheel, legs upwards, and impaled the mob from above. With her charge skill still activated, her whole acrobatic display gave the mob a golden-blue arch around him as the blonde gracefully landed behind it with her back at the mob. 

She then turns towards Meokka and asks in a pleased voice: "How is that for << Athletics>>?"

ID: 19793  BD: 10(nat)  MD: 3

[2H | 0H] Ariel: 72/73 HP

[0H | 0H] Meokka: 43/43 HP

Sphinx#1:24/40 HP (-16)

Sphinx#2:40/40 HP

Guest Meokka

19796 5 + 1skill

Her eyes glowed purple as she placed her lance on her right arm. She smiled watching Ariel run to her target and land a fetal blow. She ran at her enemy trying to follow suit. Her body felt sluggish and she let her <<athletics>> skill kick in. Though she realized she was about to, but for some reason her eyes seemed drawn to a spot on the spynx. "I can get it." she thrust her lance forward with her left hand. She knicked the cat's shoulder. Meokka quickly side stepped to the left away from her onee-san to keep the mob's attention.

[2H | 0H] Ariel: 72/73 HP

[0H | 0H] Meokka: 43/43 HP

Sphinx#1:24/40 HP (-16)

Sphinx#2:34/40 HP -6

As the blonde watched Meo attack she felt she had a rather slow start but still manage to hit the mob. She was interested to see where will her abilities take her in a 1 on 1 fight against a mob. She didn't get to see much of the fight as the two attacked the same mob. 'Maybe next time we should go on the front lines' she pondered as she made a side step to the left, easily evading her own mob. Compared to the 10th floor mobs, this guys proved to be of little difficulty to the blonde so she was more interested to see how Meo would preform. She'd spin around and stab the mob in the left side where its ribcage should be. She then popped out a random question, to see if Meo would pay attention to her surroundings: "SO Meo-chan, anything new happened to you lately?" staying focused was ok but excessively would eventually leave you with a blind spot, that was what the blonde thoughts... or was just genuinely interested.

ID: 19799  BD: 7  MD: 1 [Miss] (Savvy Activated)

ID: 19800  MD: 4 [Miss]

[3H | 0H] Ariel: 72/73 HP

[0H | 1H] Meokka: 43/43 HP

Sphinx#1:14/40 HP (-10)

Sphinx#2:34/40 HP

Guest Meokka

19801 3

She saw the Sphinx lunge at her and she quickly ducked. She looked over to the creature and listened to Ariel as best she could. The enemy is far too close for me to trust. I'm better off dancing around it until I get a cleaner hit.She thought to herself. She jumped a step back and then ran around the enemy. There's an opening! Yet after she thrust her lance against the Sphinx it jumped back away from it, and let out a loud roar of aggravation. Her armor glowed. Meokka quickly aimed her lance again, getting ready as she ran parallel to her enemy. Keeping her momentum up. She thought about the question. "I've been crafting a lot. I'm rank five now." she wasn't bragging, just stating facts. "I've done a lot of quests now. I still haven't done all of them, but I'm working on it. Also, I've met someone. I've told him about the guild. Though applications are closed right now. I'm not sure if he's interested or not. I'm working hard on getting a house onee-sama." As well as helping everyone I can." 

[3H | 0H] Ariel: 72/73 HP

[0H | 1H] Meokka: 43/43 HP, concentrate cool down 1/5

Sphinx#1:14/40 HP (-10)

Ariel stopped mid battle as she heard Meo's reply. "Someone, as in a guy?" she asked with a mischievous smile, right before the mob she was fighting came in smashing its body directly into the blond. That made Ariel lose her footing and get tossed on the ground, rolling a couple of time before impaling the floor with her rapier to stop the momentum of her tumbling. "Now you've done it!" affirmed the blonde in a cold voice as she stood up. Even if the slamming appeared to be a hard hit, her HP bar barely even flinched. "If you don't mind me and Meo are having a personal discussion so please..." she said in a angered voice as she started running towards the mob and used her rapier and left vambrace to stab and slam the mob in the same time, returning the favor. Now it was its turn tu tumble onto the ground, stopping only at a huge distance from them. As she brushed the grass and dust remains off her equipment Ariel's mood returned to its cheerful state as she continued: "Good to see that you're living your blacksmithing dream. From what you've been telling me, you've been quite the busy bee" she said making a unwanted reference to the name of her armor.

"As for me, I haven't been that active... a bit of shop work and a quest with a new recruit. Lowenthal."

ID: 19802  BD: 10  MD: 10 [Critical Hit]

ID: 19803  MD: 5 [Miss]

[3H | 0H] Ariel: 70/73 HP( 5-3 Dmg mit)

[0H | 1H] Meokka: 43/43 HP

Sphinx#1:2/40 HP (-12)

*mob has 3 base Dmg