[PP-F9] Sweltering in the Mats Hunting Ground (Oikawa)

Ssendom teleported to Vulcan village on the ninth floor and stretches as he arrives, "You can just smell the sulfur in the air, the sweltering heat. Man I love it here on the ninth floor, the cold doesn't give me any satisfaction. And farming on the first floor against the Nepents have become quite the bore." He openly talks to himself. Ssendom dropped down his menu HUD and looked at the list of people he had met over the past few weeks of being here, "You know, Oikawa helped me out by making me this sword. Would be nice to break it in with him around, haven't really got the chance to truly meet the fellow. I know a few people talk highly of him. Maybe he'll accept an invitation to hunt." He brought up the private messenger and imput Oikawa's name;

<<To: Oikawa>>

Hey, I don't really know if you remember me. But you made my sword <<The Dusk Reaver>> I was wondering if you'd like some assistance farming materials, I am currently on the ninth floor and I am soon to begin hunting. Would you like to come with?

<<From: Ssendom>>

He sent off the message after linking his coordinates and his sword as well, then sat and waited a reply if any to come from the seemingly masterful blacksmith in SAO. He then began rummaging through his HUD menu equipping his items and checking on his status's and skill making sure everything was up to date. 'If he does choose to join along I don't want to be packing lightly, Gotta make sure everything is spic and span. I don't like feeling like a burden to others during the hunt.' after he felt as though everything was in order, he put away his HUD menu and awaited a reply notification if any to come. He sat patiently at the entrance of Vulcan Village with his blade resting against him in it's scabbard.

Swipes and thrusts could be heard as a certain blonde rapier user battled thin air. He was training more or less. He wanted to Grandmaster his skill soon and thought that getting the technique down was more important than anything. Having taken a break, he looked up just in time to see a notification pop up. Reading the incoming message, the blonde smirked as he thought to himself. What uncanny timing Ssendom. I just so happen to be out of materials and I haven't really killed anything in a while, so I suppose I'll take you up on your invite. Selecting the reply option, Oikawa typed up a response and sent it off.

To: Ssendom

Subject: The Hunt

Count me in. And of course I remember you. I hardly ever forget people I meet.

Stepping out of his shop, Oikawa headed for the teleportation gate. Arriving rather quickly, he stepped into the gate and recited, "Teleport, Vulcan Village." There was a faint glow before a sweat inducing heat covered him from head to toe. Taking a step down form the platform, the blonde followed the coordinates right to the gate leading outside. Though to be fair it was the only entrance and exit from the village. He spotted a young man perched with his scabbard laying against him. Recognizing the frame and blade, Oikawa walked up to the fellow and spoke. "All set?"

Ssendom awoke from his light nap with a voice that seemed oddly recognizable, he turned to see the Blonde Haired Blacksmith in person outside the shop. "You know, you'd look oddly good in an apron" he blurted without thinking, he blinked then smacked himself in the face with his hand, "Sorry... I took a nap on accident, I don't think when I wake up." He stood up strapping the sword to his back in a fit that seemed to show his embarrassment of his stupidity almost. "Yeah, I am ready to go material farming. In fact keep all the materials you want, I'm currently not in need for them I'll toss the extra your way." He informed Oikawa while stretching his hands behind his head.

He turns his feet toward the exit and began walking knowing Oikawa was going to follow, "So how long have you been blacksmithing for?" He began to ponder as he asked Oikawa. He shifted his greatsword on his back till it felt like it was in a comfortable position, so he could quickly withdraw it. Ssendom swipped his HUD Menu down and began inspecting his consumables keeping note that he was down to a single potion all the while listening to Oikawa talk, he swiped over to his item's page when he realized he didn't have his pickaxe equipped. Without waiting he immediately equipped it and attached it to a harness that resided on the Scabbard, he seemed to be very comfortable with all the extra weight applied to his back.

[19268] LD: 19 (17+2)

A groggy Ssendom responded with an odd statement that mad Oikawa chuckle. "Not what I was going for but thanks. And no worries. Surprisingly, when I'm not adventuring or crafting, I'm napping haha." The blonde repostioned the rapier attached to his hip as he followed Ssendom outside. The sun seemed to increase the heat tenfold as they stepped from the shadows of the city. Ssendom explained that Oikawa could keep all the materials gathered, surprising the blonde but accepting the statement nonetheless. Finally on their way, Ssendom asked another question, causing the blonde to think back. "If I recall correctly, I've been smithing for nearly 6 months now. My crafts still seem to fall short constantly but I suppose that is to be expected. How about yourself? Have you partaken in a profession yet?"

The question lingered for a minute, allowing Oikawa to scan the area they were traveling through. he wanted to hopefully spot a material but he already new that this floor was nearly clean and the best way to gather loot on it was to battle monsters. Making sure to equip his mining axe and Leopard plushie, the blonde quickly searched the floors. A faint glow grabbed his attention. Looking towards Ssendom, he interrupted. "Sorry! Hold that thought." Moving forwards a bit, he grabbed his axe and picked an ore straight out a rocky cluster. The orange red material glowing as he held it in his hands. Adding it to his stock. The player returned to Ssendom and spoke. "Sorry about that. Ores are hard to come by on this floor. Please continue!" 

Material Count: 1

ID: 19273

LD: 20 (Item achieved, first roll Ooooraw)

Ssendom thought it about it for a minute, "Yeah, I happened to be going into blacksmithing as well... But after watching you and Meokka smack things inside a store, I don't feel like sitting in a place working for long periods of time. I'd go stir crazy in my honest opinion. I'll just bring you and Meokka materials in exchange for service if you're willing that trade Oikawa." He rambles as he notices another ore vein appear. "Looks like we hit the respawn stride huh?" He laughs as he brings his pickaxe up, then begins to slam upon it 3 times it bursts into thousands of small blue data fragments with a message appearing '1 Material obtained.' "Looks like it's going to be a good farming day. And no worries about interrupting or anything, when you find a vein take advantage and go full throttle. It'd be a damned shame if we missed any. Nice Plushie by the way." He slides his Pickaxe back onto his back and continues walking down the path towards the Lava pits, "If you were worried about gaining weight, this is the best place to come... Put's hair's on your chest." He randomly states then begins to laugh "Or burns them right off."

Material Count: 2

[19286] LD: 4 (2+2)

"Tis' true. Smithing isn't for everyone haha. But I'll gladly take you up on that offer. I've actually made the same arrangement with a old pal of mine, Calrex in exchange for bringing me materials every so often. He and his fiancee receive items in my store for 75% off and on top of that I'm usually at their beck and call seeing as how we practically trained each other for months. Works for us and Cal racks up a ton of experience so he doesn't mind it. Probably why he surpassed me in level already haha." Having talked for long enough, he was surprised when Ssendom found a material of his own. "I suppose we have, if we're two for two already."

They continued searching. Ssendom complimenting his plushie whilst tossing out some witty banter. "Sarcastic or not, thanks," the blonde replied with a chuckle. Another cluster of rocks appeared up ahead. Taking the initiative, Oikawa led the duo towards them so the could search out any materials. The blonde had zero luck on his side. Looking over his shoulder, he asked Ssendom how thing were on his end. "Any luck over there?"

ID: 19290

LD: 14 (Almost an ore)

Ssendom looked around the corner after Oikawa led the duo to rock cluster that had spawned. Oikawa asked Ssendom if he was having any luck on his side, much to his luck he actually had found an ore vein. Ssendom lifted his Pickaxe and smacked at it three times and it dispersed into thousands of data fragments just for him to read, 'No Materials Obtained' "You gotta be screwing me sideways. I had semi lucky, but it was lost in the end. Found an ore node but no luck getting one out of it." He mentioned to Oikawa, "Lets continue down the rock cluster, there must be one here." he finishes saying. He hops down a ledge then stretches and pops his bones.

He stands up straight then looks at Oikawa, "So, what would have been your favorite item you've crafted thus far if you could choose. And how long do you spend on thinking on what everything looks like when people ask you to craft stuff, or when you craft something for person reasons?" He continues the inquiry of Blacksmithing questions, his intrigue seemed rather high on a subject about a profession he took. He continued to walk down the path after Oikawa caught up to him, he stretched his hands behind his head leaning back into them after putting his pickaxe away.

[19298] LD: 12 (10+2)

Nodding, the blonde followed Ssendom over the ledge leading tot he next part of the cluster. Scanning the cluster for any ores, Oikawa listened as Ssendom offered another inquiry. Having no luck finding a material anyway, he paused and took a moment to think. Coming up with an answer, he turned to face his companion and replied. "If I had to choose a craft it would be my trusty shield, Inquisiteur. Its been with me since my early days as a smith and although it's undergone some changes, it is the only item I haven't completely swapped out. Plus it makes me the most unique rapier user in Aincrad. I mean how many people even wield a shield. On top of that, how many of them are rapier users? Exactly! To answer your follow up question, It generally takes me only minutes to visualize a craft. I consider myself mentally artistic. I can envision some pretty amazing things but making it translate into something physical is the hard part."

ID: 19302

LD: 12 (Nothing)

Ssendom chuckled as he remembered seeing the only Rapier users he's met thus far both of them use shields, 'Interesting to know that Shield wielding rapier users are unique.' He thought to himself as he continued to listen to Oikawa, all the while he continued looking around for ore veins but with no luck to be had. "Yeah, I know what you mean. I have been practicing drawing since I was a little tyke, now that I am in my early twenties it just comes naturally to me. I can draw in incredibly fine detail. I think that helped you craft my weapon." He stated as he shifted his weapon a bit. After re-adjusting his weapon back into place, he continued with his questions, "So since we're out here for awhile, how many mats are you interested in obtaining before heading back?" The heat didn't seem to bother him one bit, but he did seem uncomfortable in his boar hide armor... It could easily be inferenced that he was very uncomfortable in it the entire time. "And how many monsters would you like to slay while we are down here?"

[19305] LD: 4 (2+2)

The blonde nodded in agreement. He always asked that his customers fill out the description as it made it easier for him to craft it rather than getting a visual from a verbal explanation. Ssendom followed up with a few more questions. Normally, Oikawa wasn't one for chit chat when trying to focus, but Ssendom made it easy and it was a nice change of pace for once. "I didn't come out with a specific number in mind but maybe around 7 or so materials and as far as monsters go we can take on maybe 4 or more? I don't really know. While I'm good in fights, I don't fight often haha. I don't have the thrill of the hunt so to speak."

ID: 19366

LD: 19 (Material Found)

Ssendom continued looking around for ore clusters and stumbled upon one when Oikawa mentioned he wasn't much the hunter. As he lifted and smacked against the ore cluster a few times, "Yeah I understand. The hunt doesn't live in everyone, that's just the nature of the beast. I tend to lose it a bit whilest hunting. I remember I scared a man on the fourth floor while fighting Avalanche, you could see the sweat bead down his head. Normally I am more calm when fighting with others, just sometimes you can't help but go crazy in love when something goes the way you wanted it to... You know?" He rambled finishing with a question as 'One Material Obtained' had appeared on his screen, "Hot damn, got another one!" He exclaimed as he noticed a message notification pop up on his screen. "Hum what's this?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<To:Sen-kun>>

When you're not busy. I was wondering if you'd like to go on another date?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Meokka is asking me out on a date. How could I refuse?" He begins typing up a message in reply almost immediately, "I don't know... Hey Oikawa, when was the last time you couldn't get someone out of your head?" He asked with an honest curiosity.

<<To: Meokka>>

Why'd you take so long to ask dear? (Insert chuckle here) Let me know when and where. I'd love to.

Yes the (Insert chuckle here) was typed out in message. :P

After he finished typing he sent the message as he listened to Oikawa respond to his question.

Material Count: 3

[19370] LD: 11 (9+2)

The blonde nodded before adding another two cents. "Oh don't get me wrong I cans till get fired up it's just I probably don't hunt as often as I should. Thus leaving me with whatever type vibe from fights. But you should see me when I craft perfects. Some days I get so excited it's ridiculous haha." As their conversation slowed, Ssendom manged to find yet another material. It was good though. They needed to collect quickly because they still had monsters to hunt and slay. Keeping his eyes alert and moving, he didn't seem to have any luck finding another material.

Ssendom then voiced a bit of surprise. Oikawa looked towards him, only to see a grin come to his face after reading his message. "A date huh? Congrats haha." the blonde stated as he finished up his search. The next question actually caused him to stop and face the player. "To be completely honest, the last time has been everyday since I met Kotori. She's something else and I love that about her. Though we're not technically dating yet, I see a bright future for us. But we're in that awkward stage at the moment," he explained with a chuckle.

ID: 19381

LD: 1 (Horrific XD)

Ssendom chuckled happily, "Glad to know you got some fight to you, I knew you would for sure though." He continued whilest chuckling, he turned his head just to see a node deposit sitting on a rock cluster in the middle of a lava pool. "I am just going to assume that is not one to chase after.... ever." He busts out laughing about it, he wipes away a tear from his eye from humor of it. He takes a long deep breath to regain his composure he turns to look at Oikawa after congratulating him, "Thank you, this'll be our second date." He stopped all actions to listen to Oikawa talk about Kotori, "That's very nice, I hope the best for you both Oikawa. And hey if you ever need anything don't hesitate to send me a message. I don't do much, and I'm pretty much just a blade for hire who actually just does it for free really." While responding to Oikawa he noticed another message appear on his notification;

To: Sen-Kun

---------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I wanted the next time you saw me

be the time I handed you your new armor.

Sadly I haven't been able to craft it. I felt a 

bit bad about that. I guess I just want to 

see your face when I have it done, but

I guess that's not true. I'd rather see

your face now instead. I'm letting the 

forge cool down for right now, while

I collect more materials. I'm not out just

yet, but it's getting down to the wire.

As for when, I'd love to see you soon.

Would you mind coming with me to floor

four sometime? If you have a better place

to meet up at I won't mind.

--------------------------------------------------------

He chuckles for a moment, "She had to be a bit flustered while typing this one up." His smile was so surreal, it's like his eyes were glued to the private message almost. "I hope she's alright out there, I hadn't had the chance to message her. Would be nice to not be sinking my blade into creatures for a moment." He chuckles while he talks to himself.

<<To: Meokka>>

No worries, just make sure you're safe out there. I'll see you on the fourth floor when you're ready Princess.

After he puts away the HUD Menu he bows to Oikawa, "I am terribly sorry, I am being a lowsy blade for hire at the moment. I'll return my focus back to the task on hand." He keeps his bowing position to appologize to Oikawa for taking so much time to read and respond to message between him and Meokka.

[19389] LD: 7 (5+2)

"Thanks! I will definitely keep that in mind," he responded. Another notification appeared as Ssendom pulled up his HUD and began to read. Oikawa could only smile as it seemed the man was at ease when talking of Meokka. As he finally finished his response, he immediately bowed and apologized for his distracted behavior. "No worries man! These mobs and materials will be here or not here all the same. I'm in no rush," retorted the blonde with his typical grin. Oikawa decided that they should move on further. "I think the materials are just trolling us now. I can't even find an ore to attempt to mine. Urggh maybe we should just go kill stuff at this point haha."

ID: 19393

LD: 11

Having no luck, Ssendom looked down the path to see one of the large flaming dogs in the zone. "Well from the looks of it, I don't think we're getting much luck from the node spots in the zone." He mentioned at the frustrating lack of veins to hit. "Well, we're up to three at the moment, how about we get our hands real dirty and keep our eyes peeled for extra materials during our fight." He smirks as he takes a step forward to go into a full charge, but then immediately attempts to stop his rush as he got another message. "Let me answer this then kill that monster." He chuckles at the slight embarrassment of it.

<<To: Sen-kun >>

I've got to find two more materials. After I've done that I'll see you there my General.

<<From Meokka>>

He smiled when he read that she called him her General. "I am starting to get used to being called 'The General' by her... If only I were strong enough to say I were." He said with a relaxing yet happy voice. He dropped down the keyboard on the HUD menu and started to type up a reply.

<<To: Meo-chan>>

I am down in the Lava pits of Floor Nine with Oikawa at the moment, I promised to be his blade for hire and help him acquire many mats. I am going to head into battle after I end this message, so I'll still be a bit, we need to acquire four more materials before we leave. But after one or two of these Core Hounds and keeping our eyes peeled for materials we should have it. Be safe out where ever you are, and send me the coordinants to the location to meet you. I'll show up as soon as possible. I'll have a surprise for your too.

BD: 6 + 1 = 7 (Hit)

MD: 2 (Miss)

He put away the messenger, then brought his sword out of it's scabbard quickly, "Alright, now it's time to go ham, I'll lead the charge Oikawa." He exclaims with a firey determination in his eyes as he is ready to go meet up with whom he thought of as his Princess. Ssendom brought his blade horizontally on the right side of his body causing the 3 blades of the Greatsword to glow black. When it reached a full glow he blitzed forward as fast as he could. Before the Core Hound could figure out what was happening Ssendom shouted out loud, "DREADNAUGHT'S CLEAVE!" He ripped his blade through the Core Hound knocking it onto the ground as it shot a ball of fire causing it to miss both of them completely. "Switch!" He shouted to Oikawa in excitement.

Oikawa - 71/71 Hate: 0

Ssendom - 34/34 Hate: 1

Core Hound - 29/36

Ssendom seemed to agree that their luck was running thin as far as non-combat gathering was concerned. He then motioned to one of the <Core Hound(s)> just a little further down from where they stood.  Oikawa nodded and ran parallel with the man before having to stop as another notification sounded. Oikawa chuckled. This is was probably the most interesting adventure he's had in a while and it involved more stops than he was used to. He watched as Ssendom murmured thoughts of bliss and typed away a response. Once he was ready, he switched gears.

Bounding off Ssendom lunged forward. His blades alight with black aura, much like that of a sword skill, as he brought it across the body of the hound. The beast was knocked back as it tumbled across the rocky volcanic surface. Feeling the adrenaline rush towards him, Oikawa dashed passed Ssendom, giving him a thumbs, and suddenly leaped in the air. He honed in on the hound before revealing his rapier and rocketing towards the Mob. Rapier outstretched, he was prepared to feel his blade cut into the hound but was caught off guard as a smoke column erupted from beneath him causing him to lose sight of the beast. Covering his eyes, he landed back on the ground with a thud as he rolled away from the smoke. "Ouuuch... geez that was lame. Ssendom switch!"

[19408] BD: 4 (1+3) Critical Miss

Oikawa: 71/71 [H:0]

Ssendom: 34/34 [H:1]

Core Hound: 29/36 (-0)

ID: 19416

BD: 4 + 1 = 5 (Miss)

MD: 7 (Hit)

Ssendom watched as Oikawa tumbled after the smoke hit him, he heard the man exclaim his disappointment in what happened, "It happens to the best of us." He shouts back, He preps his blade as the Core Hound stood back up it's eyes flicked red towards Ssendom, letting him know he had it's full and undivided attention, "Come on big boy, show me what you're made of." He mocked the creature as it rushed at him, he swung his blade wide to slice it's face but it used it's head to knock away the attack following up with a point black fire breath to knock him away, "You son of a-!" He shouted as he tumbled backwards, his annoyance increased as the Core Hond stared at him ready to charge again, "Oikawa, I got it's attention completely you have an open shot to it's backside!" He shouted out as he stood back up and positioned his blade for a defensive position, "Was that all you got you mangy mutt!" He shouted continuing his mocking towards the beast.

Oikawa - 71/71 Hate: 0

Ssendom - 33/34 Hate: 1

Core Hound - 29/36

[19445] BD: 4 (1+3) Critical Miss

Ssendom taunted the Core Hound into attacking him, generating more Hate. The left the hound wide open for an attack from behind. Oikawa quickly dashed forward, extending his blade as he reached the apex of his thrust. Woosh! Another column of smoke erupted beneath him, this one stronger than the last as it forced him up and back. Crashing into a pile of rubble, Oikawa refrained from cursing as he pushed himself up. "You have got to be kidding me. Seriously twice in a row? Son of a biscuit eating squirrel. Ssendom make another go at it. I need to re-evaluate my life...."

Ssendom: 34/34 [H:2]

Core Hound: 29/36 (-0)

ID: 19450

BD: 5 + 1 = 6 (Hit)

MD: 1 (Miss)

Ssendom gripped his blade tightly grinning as the Core Hound charged head first towards him, it dropped it's jaw as it stopped and began to spray fire all over the zone. His smirk didn't dissapate as he dipped under the fire zone and launched forward sliding upon the ground. He brings his weapon up and uses his full force and strength to lift the Core Hound and toss it up into the air leaving a large slash mark and helpless suspended so high. "Oikawa switch! It's too high up for a column to stop you. Watch the environment! You can do it!" He shouted to him hoping to inspire confidence!

Ssendom: 34/34 [H:3]

Core Hound: 22/36 (-0)

[19470] BD: 9 (9+3) Critical Hit

The blonde pushed himself and gritted his teeth. Expelling a calming breath, he weaved around the spewed pools of lava and found a cluster of rocks. Using them as a launch pad, the blonde rocketed through the air with the swiftness of any feathered beast. Bringing his rapier back, he felt a faint glow encase the blade as he ripped it through the sky, sending the hound crashing back towards the volcanic earth. A grin plastered to his face as he landed next to Ssendom. "Thanks for the boost. I needed that. Lets finish this bad boy off." Jumping back, he nodded for Ssendom to switch.

Oikawa: 71/71 [H:2]

Ssendom: 34/34 [H:3]

Core Hound: 12/36 (-10)