[PP-F9] Sweltering in the Mats Hunting Ground (Oikawa)

ID: 19476

BD: 1 (Epic Miss v.v)

MD: 10 (Epic Hit >_<)

As Oikawa landed next to Ssendom, he put his greatsword upon his shoulder and gave Oikawa a thumbs up. "Very nice attack the Oikawa, and yeah... Lets finish this." He turned his attention at the small crater that the core hound made in it's crash, the entire spot covered in a dark smoke due to it's crash location over a steam geyser. Just as Ssendom began to step up the entire smoke began to glow orange to red, "Oh Sh-" He didn't get to finish his shouting his expletive, as a large magma ball got blasted into his chest knocking him back a long distance. He managed to pierce his sword into the ground and drag it along to the point he was hanging over a massive pool of lava his blade firmly stabbed in the ground. "Oikawa! Attack it, I'll be fine!" he shouts to him trying to get him to not worry.

Oikawa: 71/71 [H:2]

Ssendom: 31/34 [H:3]

Core Hound: 12/36

[19481] BD: 8 (5+3) Hit

Ssendom thumbed the blonde up as he moved towards the crater that the core hound had created on impact. Suddenly, Ssendom flew by Oikawa with a smoking orb pushing him back. Turning, He could Ssendom hanging on by the tip of his sword as he was mere inches from the edge of a lava pool. He then yelled for Oikawa to attack the hound rather than help him. Even saying that he'd be fine. Oikawa shook his head and darted towards the crater. He jumped through the smoke and came face to face with the snarling hound. Lava dripped from its maw as it snapped its mouth closed before opening again to let smoke sift out. Oikawa stood his ground. He then pointed his rapier at the mob and crouched low before springing up and slamming the blade right into the hounds face.

The beast buckled as it crashed a few yards back. Glaring at it, Oikawa called up to Ssendom. "You better still be alive up there. It's your move, blade for hire"

Oikawa: 71/71 [H:3]

Ssendom: 31/34 [H:3]

Core Hound: 3/36 (-9)

ID: 19486

BD: 8

LD: 1

Ssendom swung toward the wall then used all his force and might to go backwards over his blade landing on his feet dropping his blade on his shoulder other hand resting on the ground in a stylish manner. He looks up in a sinister way towards the Core Hound, "You're right Oikawa, It's my move. And I'm gonna wreak havoc on it." He pushes off the ground with his hand to give himself a boost, he lets the blade down dragging against the ground holding it with both hands it begins to glow black again, "How about you take a load off Beast, RELINQUISH!" He shouts as he swings his blade completely cleaving the core hound into two forcing it to explode into thousands of particles, 'One Material Obtained' He sighs and scratches the back of his head, "Guess we didn't get lucky with bonus loot. Well shall we continue?" He chuckles while asking his demeanor completely changing to a normal one.

[19574] LD: 16 (14+2)

In a grand manner, Ssendom returned to the battle. With flashy words, he ended the hound's existence. "Nice kill! Ahh no extra loot? Guess we should continue hunting until we reach at least seven. Then we can take a break maybe recoup and go again tomorrow. But that's for later. Lets move. There should be a few more down below." Sheathing his blade, Oikawa dropped down over the next ledge and continued on towards another hound. Scanning his surroundings, he checked for materials. Anything is better than nothing. But killing Mobs was pretty fun just now. Hmm may have to do this more often. His small observation led him to a shining rock not too many yards from the Mob. Quickly ducking and running, he unsheathed his blade ,smashed the ore and collected the material. Throwing a rock at the hound, Oikawa got it's attention before shouting to Ssendom, "While I have it's attention go for the first strike!"

Material Count: 5

ID: 19575

LD: 19 (Material Found)

Ssendom got hyped after Oikawa seemed to be more eager to fight now than before. he threw a rock at the hound ascertaining it's attention. "While I have it's attention go for the first strike!" Oikawa shouted towards Ssendom. He grinned and began to charge forward, Just as he planted his right foot and started to lift again he tripped tumbling immediately to the ground. He scratched his head then looked at what he tripped over, his foot managed to dislodged a material that was stuck in the ground and it bounced along with him landing just in front of him. He stood up and picked it up. "Sorry about that, I tripped over an ore but I dislodged it at the same time. Start the fight, I'm on my way!" He shouted back at Oikawa while starting his charge to him once again.

Material Count: 5

Material Count: 6

[19579] BD: 6 (3+3) Hit

MD: 4 (7-3)

Oikawa nodded though he was unsure if Ssendom could even see him. The beast picked up on the ruckus the two were making and turned around to face him. The blackened bulldog howled as lava spewed from it's mouth. Brandishing his shield, Oikawa charged at the beast with his rapier raised and poised to to attack. The beast wasting no time as it charged forth. Crouching low, the hound pushed off its hind legs and burst forward. Oikawa, having seen the attack pattern before, raised his shield as ball of lava smacked into Inquisiteur. Knocking the blast aside, he went on the offensive and thrust his blade upwards, piercing the hound as it descended back to the volcanic surface. Jumping back, Oikawa yelled for a switch. "Your up Ssendom!"

Oikawa: 71/71 [H:1]

Ssendom: 31/34 [H:0]

Core Hound: 27/36 (-9)

ID: 19586

BD: 1

Ssendom leaped off the ledge into the air but mistimed the leap with Oikawa's strike against the Core Hound, he was nowhere close to the core hound to land a powerful overhead strike. He leaned forward and dive rolled against the floor as if he used to Parkour in the other world. He slid to a stop ending up right next to Oikawa, "My apologizes I was hoping to get here faster, but I had a hiccup in the rush and mistimed my leap. But I am ready to fight now." He gave the thumbs up to his partner in battle while explaining why he was so damn clumsy. He narrowed his eyes on the Core Hound, "Lets get that last material for you and call it a day." His bloodthirsty grin came back, he was letting go in his mind while he mentally prepared for battle. He laid his blade on his shoulder and placed his feet in just the position to blitz forward to strike against the beast.

[19594] BD: 9 (9+3) Hit

MD: 2 (5-3)

"No need to apologize. It happens to the best of us, " replied the blonde with a smirk. Grasping his shield firmly once more, Oikawa moved forwards. The hound growled and snapped at him as he drew closer. The mutt then begin to dig it's paw into the ground. Much like that of a bull. Using his shield, Oikawa egged the hound on as it charged at him. Sticking his shield out in a fashion similar to that of a matador, he pulled it from the beast's reach just as it came close enough to be attacked.  Spinning around he thrusted his rapier right through the center of the Core Hound as it ran by. It's health dropped into the yellow zone. Oikawa smirked then called out Ssendom. "Don't tell me you're gonna let me have all the glory haha?! Switch!"

Oikawa: 71/71 [H:3]

Core Hound: 17/36 (-10)

ID: 19595

LD: 19 (Whoo free material!)

Ssendom charged forward aiming to take an advantageous strike against the Core Hound since it slid and had it's back toward him. As Ssendom swung wide, his sword got completely stopped short by an ore vein that triggered it's respawn time, "Oh you gotta be KIDDING ME!" He shouted in frustration. The ore vein exploded into thousands of light blue particles, the message 'One Material Obtained' appeared on his hud which frustrated him more. "Well atleast the good news is you get extra materials... The bad news is this game doesn't want me to fight and that really rustles my jimmies." He comically notes in a very salty mood. He was somewhat amused and happy that he got a free material, but at the same time he was really pissed that the game was preventing him from doing what he loved, Hunting.

Material Count: 7

[19596] BD: 6 (6+3) Hit

MD: 1 (2-3)

Oikawa watched as Ssendom went in for his strike but was surprised to see the young man strike an ore that literally appeared out of nowhere. Oikawa almost broke out laughing but kept it contained to a chuckle. "Nice find but at this rate I will have all the glory." Focusing back on the creature before them, Oikawa rushed in not even bothering to use his shield as the Mob was becoming to predictable. As the hound lunged forward, Oikawa side-stepped the beast, then caught it with a brutal kick to the side to knock it off balance, the move allowed him to get a clean shot at the beast as he forced his blade to pierce the beast for the third time. "Will you get final hit or will I kill this one by my lonesome?" He joked as he backed away allowing Ssendom to attack.

Oikawa: 71/71 [H:4]

Core Hound: 8/36 (-9)

ID: 19598

BD: 9 + 1 = 10 (Crit: DMG + 1)

Loot: 4 (No bonus loot, One Material Obtained)

Ssendom hesitated waiting no longer, frustrated as he is he charged in recklessly. Just as Oikawa struck with a beautiful shot to the beast and stepped aside right when Ssendom brought down the blade heavily upon the hound forcing it's legs to give way and crash into the ground with incredible force. "I knew you'd be able to dodge it, we fight with the same kinda mind." He had saw Oikawa moving out of the way as he lifted his sword, letting him know he could strike down without fear of hitting Oikawa at all. As the beast lay there helplessly, "And to think, I'd let you do all the work. You must not know me too well then huh?" He laughed joking with Oikawa about the entire scenario. After a moment the beast exploded completely, and Ssendom turned his attention to the flying particles, "I guess that solves that question huh?" He continued to a chuckle as he held his hand out for a fist pound to the shorter blonde haired rapier user, signifying that Oikawa had Ssendom's complete respect.

Oikawa: 71/71 [H:4]

Core Hound: 0/36 (-8)

Material Count: 7

[19605] LD: 4 (2+2)

"To be fair we only met once before haha, but I suppose that isn't the point haha." The two chuckled about the ordeal. Ssendom even offering up a fist bump. Pressing his fist to Ssendom's, Oikawa smirked and counted the materials . "Seems like we were able to grab eight. One more than intended which is pretty awesome." Returning the materials to his inventory, Oikawa sheathed his blade and turned to his comrade. "Magnificent battling my friend. Even with all your misstrikes haha but coupled with mine I think we both missed 2 attacks each. The area seems to be cooling so I suppose we should head back." Now I can finally craft some stuff.

Oikawa decided to allow Ssendom to lead the way back. He seemed to know the area better than Oikawa.

Material Count: 8

Ssendom placed the sword back in it's scabbard stretching his arms afterwards placing his hands behind his head turning to him after the fist bump. "Yeah that isn't the point" He chuckled, "You're a lucky one there Oikawa. My last Mat farming run I was only able to obtain ten materials for a few hours of farming. We've only been here an hour or so and we're up either. Lady luck was smiling upon you." He smiled, "This was quite the pleasure to battle along side you, and it would be notable that my misses came with more upside." laughed out loud as he turned around and started head back, "I am only joking, but it sucks when it gets cooler. I love it when it gets nice and toasty in places. I should come here more often, this is a nice first venture through the ninth floor." He mentions as he takes ramps that lead back to Vulcan Village, "Thank god for the ability to back track, elsewise I'd always be lost." He chuckles while walking.

The blonde could only laugh as he exchanged conversation with Ssendom. As the young man began to head back, Oikawa thought to himself before heading to town as well. It's not to often that I can find a new person I can tolerate haha. Ssendom seems like he could be a great acquaintance. Heck a friend even. Too many more material and monster hunts my beast slaying comrade. Done with standing in the middle of the are like a weirdo, he used the ramps to get back to town, Ssendom seemed to have already moved on. "Welp back to the first floor then." Stepping into the teleport gate, the blonde was whisked away back to the calm, less toasty floor one. 

Complete:

Oikawa: 1 SP and 8 Materials (He gave me all the materials)

Ssendom: 1 SP and 400 Col (So he can have all the Col)