Sword Art Online Professional Arena Matches

SAO Profession Arena Matches  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or Nay?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Change some things (Specify below)

So I was in a skype chat and realized that the arena hadn't been used in a while. While thinking of this, I just thought back to how Professional sports are set up, with a season that does matches and play-offs, and then a main event of the two top dogs duking it out. With all this, I connected it back to SAO. I was thinking of setting up SAO PAMs or Sword Art Online Professional Arena Matches. We will have a season where the first couple of months will be match ups between people of Similar Level and Strength (Determined by Gear and Skills). Afterwards, we begin to match up between players with the higher amount of wins. The two that end the Season with the Highest Win-Loss Ratio go to the main event. This can be adjusted to any form of battles! 1v1's 2v2s 3v3s etc etc. We may or may not even do a Team Death Match somewhere along the line. So what do you guys think? I am still sorting out whether and where rewards will be awarded and their quality. But for now, What do we think about this Speculation?

Edit: I just thought of adding Bets. You can bet on who will win the season, and based on what position they place and your accuracy to betting that position, you will get a certain return on your bet. You will even maybe be allowed to bet on Single Matches Victors. Of course, none of this is in stone, and This is in no way shape or form related to or pertaining with The Staff of SAO-RPG or anything of the sort. Please note that this is subject to acceptation or Declination by the Staff at any given time

(Poll Ends June 20th 12:01 AM (00:01) EST)

As a former community manager and GM for another site, I wouldn't recommend using screen shots. The reason being is that do to photo shop a screen shot doesn't really prove anything. All someone would have to do is point the finger and say you edited the photo and it turns into a giant he said she said. I think the better option would be to create a thread or forum for recording bets where posts cannot be edited. The other suggestion would be to have a staff member record all the bets right before a fight and then make there own post listing them off. 

I would love to be able to bet on competitions, it would be sort of the stock market of SAO considering there is no way to actually gamble money, you just earn by doing random things. It would also be fun to have friendly competitions and settle long time rivalry between characters on the site. 

Please keep in mind this is NOT affiliated with staff, and it is just an Idea Zelrius seems to be posing.
As Such: Zelrius can't exactly decide what prizes occur. Unless its an Unofficial thing and he pays for them out of his own pocket o Col ;)

-Mari