PP - F7 Mountain Monster Slaying (Clarence) (Completed)

Calrex gave a sigh as he made his way back into the seventh settlement of Nimbus after his gathering trip, scratching the back of his head, "Alright, that should be enough to fill the orders for now." He went over to a nearby bench as he switched back to his casual combat clothing, slumping into the seat as he gave a small sigh of exhaustion and relief, "Roc..."

Within a few seconds of Calrex uttering the bird's name his familiar swooped in at high speed, landing on the handle of the bench. Calrex looked over as he gave a nod, "Nice work today. You've definitely gotten the hang of material gathering, so go ahead and take a break."

With a screech of recognition the falcon took off into the air, disappearing from sight. With that he layed his head back, looking up at the rock ceiling of the main settlement, "Alright, I guess I should probably rest up a little bit before doing anything. Can't afford getting myself into trouble while being exhausted."

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarence decided to travel across floors just to get a change of scenery, and he thought a mountain would be able to really get a view of the land of introduce himself to this floor, he only been here once or twice. Clarence walked from the center floor, pretty docile with barely any activity, to the mountains. The mountains were something Clarence wasn't expecting that took his breath away. "Wow..." He muttered to himself as he climbed the rock face and over boulders.It took a bit to get a ways up, but when he did, he couldn't believe the view... especially because there was someone up there." Calrex?" Clarence said, pretty surprised to see this man, considering the last time was their double date, pretty great time he thought. "Wasn't expecting to see you up on this floor." Clarence said with a smile, plopping down next to the man.

"Huh?"

Calrex looked over as suddenly a person had sat down next to him, thinking it to be a stranger for a second. As Clarence came into view Calrex gave a friendly smile and nod as the young man spoke, "Clarence? Hey, long time no see!"

He straightened himself up from his previous resting position as he gave a nod, "Yeah, I've been doing a little more material gathering on this floor as of late. I used to go on the first and second floors before, but I guess that the game caught onto me and began lessening the amount of materials on those floors. So far it hasn't messed with me just yet here."

He turned so that he was angled towards Clarence, a sign that he was paying attention, "So how have things been with you? From what I remember the last time I saw you was when you, me, Skylar, and Teayre all went and took on that Snow Beast."

Clarence smiled at the warm welcome Calrex gave him, something that kind of lifted his spirits."Oh, I'm just trying to get some different scenery. The other floors are great, don't get me wrong, just... change of view was really needed." Clarence smiled a bit. He listened to Calrex talk about his material gathering days and how he moved up floors to get better chances at loot. "Ah, haven't done that in ages. I hate material gathering by myself. How do you deal with it?" Clarence asked, genuinely wanting to know. {Combat by myself is something I hate soo much. How can he even do it without wanting to yell. Mostly it is just extremely lonely } Clarence sighed and waited for Calrex, taking in the view. {I wonder where his familiar is. Usually around him. I think it is a bird... right? }

"Me, well the funny thing is that I've kind of taken it as my unofficial job here in Aincrad back from my low level days. Mari, Ariel, Oikawa, and a few other shops have come to me to procure materials in the past. I normally try to avoid combat during those trips and just focus on materials that spawn in the environment. However like the real world sometimes I run into creatures that try to poach the materials off me. But for the most part it's a fairly helpful service that I hope is helping everyone in general."

Calrex looked up at the sky for a second to see if he could spy Roc anywhere, but he assumed that the falcon was off trying to find some food to eat. Since he was a decent sized bird he would need a diet respective of it. "Oh, how has things been with you and Skylar? I remember you two were dating the last time I saw you, but it seemed like things were going well."

"I know some people would prefer to keep their love lives private, but from what I remember of when I saw Clarence in Koko Village he seemed fairly open discussing it with me. Plus I felt comfortable talking about Teayre with him, so I guess the comfortable atmosphere was a mutual feeling."

"Skylar?" Clarence's face lit up at the naming of his voice. "Oh, we are great. At least I think so. He is cute, sweet, just amazing really." Clarence blushes that he made that sudden out burst not really expecting it to be honest.{ I completely forgot he goes searching for materials for shops... Maybe I should get some too? } "Hey, would there be any way I could possibly get put to that list of shops getting materials? Not sure how much you cost.. forgot to be completely honest, but I desperately need materials because I genuinely hate searching for them. My shop hasn't really seen any activity and hasn't gotten much luck in good items lately." Clarence really need materials, but didn't want to come out as desperate.

"Heh, well that's good to hear!"

Seeing Clarence's facial reaction to his words brought a smile to Calrex's face. It was one thing about Clarence that he appreciated, his honesty on those topics. He probably would have been concerned if the young man had fed him some kind of scripted line or short reply, but hearing him talk about Skylar in such an endearing way gave him some joy.

"As for the materials I can definitely get some for you. Just feel free to let me know how many you'd like me to get and I'll try to get them to you as fast as I can. It's a voluntary service for me, so you don't have to pay me anything. Of course, if you feel that there's something that would be an equivalent exchange for them feel free to do so, but there's no pressure to do so."

"I would of course pay you, that one is obvious. I guess around 10 Materials would work. If that is to much to as of course I don't need any. Just if you can spare some that would be great. Any amount would be amazing." Clarence smiles with the request, hoping to seem friendly. { I hope I am not intruding on his material gathering. Hey, maybe I could join in and help search for some } "Also, if you were planning on material hunting, I could possibly help. If that is okay of course." Clarence smiles and stretches up wards, his black jacket fitting snug. { That some how reminds me. I think I have a coat in Ariel's shop for me. Need to ask her about it soon }

"Ten materials? Yeah I can pull that off fairly easily, at least if my last trip was any indicator of my detections skills now. Plus it helps having Roc around, because he's starting to pick up on finding suitable materials as well. As for today I think I might need to take a change of pace from my usual methods. If you wanted we could go out and get materials the more conventional way, as in taking out monsters."

With that Calrex got to his feet, swiping on his menu to switch out his casual combat clothing for the Grand Chariot, the deep-sea blue armor appearing in a flash of light. He turned and gave a nod to Clarence, "In any case if you wanted to tag along we can get a move on while there's still light out."

"More conventional way? Sure, I'm u for a little mob grinding and fighting. Only if you are of course. Hope you don't mind the company." Clarence smiled and drew his dagger, absently twirling the weapon on his hand. {Been so long since I material gathered, should be fun with a friend. Especially since he is a higher level than me. Like how in the world did he level up so quickly! } Clarence looked at Calrex's level, remembering it a lot lower the las ttime he saw him. "Someone was pretty busy leveling up. Already past level 35. Go Calrex!' Clarence laughed and stretched his legs out some.

As Clarence gave him a cheer Calrex out a hand behind his head as he felt his cheeks tinge red, although this wasn't betrayed by the stoic appearance of the armor's helmet, "H-Heh thanks man. I guess with everything that's happened I kind of threw myself into the pursuit of getting stronger. I guess you're seeing the results of it."

With that he motioned towards the gate as he drew the Grand Blade in a reverse grip, "And of course I don't mind the company! It's nice having Roc along for the trips, but it is good to have someone I can actually talk to while searching for materials."

"Yeah, where is Roc? I'm guessing he is your familiar. I really want one, but haven't gotten around to doing the quest. Started it but never finished it. Miaki was horrible about doing quest." Clarence laughed lightly at his comment about Miaki. "Probably going to force Zelrius to do the quest with me, haven't really adventured with him and it would be nice to hang out with him again." Clarence smiled. { I need to make a point to contact Zelrius when I see him next. We haven't chatted in a while and I heard rumors of Azure Brigade coming back up. Hope it is true, but I wont be leaving Absolute Pin } Clarence thought for a bit then spoke to Calrex. "Lead the way."

"Oh Roc. He's flapping around somewhere. One second. Roc!"

As if the familiar had instantly heard Calrex call's the blue peregrine falcon descended at mach speed before hovering over the two players, "Heh, it's really handy that peregrine falcons have such a fast swooping speed. Sometimes I think he's actually teleporting or something, but in fact he's just moving really fast."

Calrex nodded over to Roc, who flew down and landed on Calrex's shoulder, "In any case he's gotten the hang of gathering materials as well, so he's been accompanying me on my gathering trips."

"I really like your familiar, to be completely honest." Clarence laughed lightly and patted the birds back lightly, smoothing its feathers down. { Time to material gather, I am such a boring person if this is the high light of my day } "Hope I can get my familiar soon. I actually will probably get a penguin.. I know that it is kind of a weird idea but I love penguins! Hopefully a familiar that can help me craft. Give me a little company in my shop. Which is not going anywhere anytime soon." Clarence sighed and twirled his dagger again, getting in the fighting mind set. {Need to talk to Ariel after this, hopefully I remember. got a coat in her shop that was made for me, she is such a nice girl. Wonder if she has heard the stories aobut Azure starting back up } Clarence thought.

"Heh, well I'm glad you do."

Roc looked over in surprise for a second before dipping his head with each pat on his back Clarence gave before spreading its wings slightly to help stretch them out before taking off into the air once again. Calrex turned and gave a nod, "A penguin huh? I'm guessing those would likely be found on the fourth floor, since it's the only one so far that has actual snow and would fit its habitat best."

After exiting the gates Calrex gave a calming breath as he activated his <<Reveal>> skill, the surrounding area becoming transparent as he was able to scan for any ambushes lying in wait, "Alright, things are quiet so far in terms of monsters. We might need to move further down the path to find some enemies."

Clarence watched the bird take off before turning back to Calrex, him commenting on his familiar choice. "Yeah. Hopefully I can get like Zelrius or someone to help me on it.. Hey, maybe even you?" Clarence said with a smile, knowing that Calrex is a very busy person. {Adventuring with Calrex is kind of fun. He is a easy person to get along with and he ifs a higher level BUT doesn't flaunt it. Need better people like him in the world. } He saw the man go into <<Reveal>> skill mode and hopped that he could find some monsters, but with no such luck. "well, heading further into the mountains it is then." Clarence sighed and holstered his dagger, knowing it will be a bit before he will need ot use it.

Calrex gave a nod at Clarence's possible request for his help on the <<Feeding the Enemy>> quest, "Well, if you need a hand feel free to let me know. I'm always up for giving assistance on a quest. Especially because I want to find out where these penguins are as well so that I can take Teayre and show them to her."

With that the two continued further down the path as Calrex kept scanning around, "Looks like there might be a couple of lizards coming up behind a couple of rocks. I believe we can get the jump on them if we're careful enough. Go ahead and get your weapon ready. I can draw their attention while you get them from behind."

He gave a calming breath as he lowered his stance, making his way to an opportune position for surprising the enemy, waiting for Clarence's attack.

"I'll let you know if I need help don't worry. I can't wait to see the penguins. Probably one of my most favorite animals on the planet. Next to polar bears of course." Clarence smiled lightly, the thought of animals in the real world making him both sad and happy. Calrex stopped for a moment, to scan the area. { Maybe I should train that skill. Seems pretty helpful to be honest. But, I actually need to train in general to get use of it } Calrex quickly relaxed and stood up, telling Clarence that he expects there to be Lizards behind a rock. "Lizards, ugh. Okay well that doesn't sound that fun." Clarence sighed and got ready to attack.

ID:20261

BD:10 (6 Damage)

Clarence, to star tout the fight, charged at the first Lizard head on. He surprised it from his hiding place behind the rock.. so it was no surprise that Clarence critted the creature. "And that is how you start out a fight!" Clarence said happily, and hopped backwards, moving out the way and drawing the two lizards out from the hiding places. "You take the second one. You'll probably kill it first." Clarence said with a sly smile.

Calrex: 85/85

Clarence: 68/68

Lizard 1: 36/42

Lizard 2: 42/42

(Both do a damage of 2 when attacking)

ID: 20265-20266

Mob Dice 1: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

Mob Dice 2: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

As Clarence rushed in and critcally struck the first lizard Calrex nodded as he rushed forward. He drew the Grand Blade and raised it high above his head as the light blue aura chains effect surrounded his limbs, spinning like drills around his arms and legs. Within a second he stabbed the Grand Blade into the ground as the chains exploded, creating the equivalent of a sonic boom mixed with an otherworldly monster roar.

The first lizard, which was originally focused on Clarence in retaliation from his attack, turned and faced Calrex, as well as the second monster. As Calrex extracted his sword from the ground both rushed at him and took a swipe at him with their claws. Both managed to get a blow on him, but these proved insignificant against the Grand Chariot as the Thorns ability activated, the light blue aura chains surrounding the stuck areas before exploding, pelting both lizards with shards, "Keep up the pressure Clarence! These two are going to be easy pickings!"

HP List

Calrex: 85/85 (+7 Mitigation)

Lizard 1: 35/42 (Hate: Cal 3 / Cla 2) (+1 Thorns)

Lizard 2: 41/42 (Hate: Cal 3 / Cla 0) (+1 Thorns)

Clarence saw the array of light Calrex was summoning around him, and the huge breaking chains and yelling was a nice touch. "Dang Calrex." Clarence breathed, what happening was something he never saw before. { I guess this is what you get when you fight with Calrex, he goes absolute beast mode. } With Calrex drawing all the monsters away from Clarence, he knew it was his time to attack, maybe even land a good hit? 

ID:20268

BD:10 (6 Damage)

Clarence was having a good time so far, especially with the damage output he was getting. Clarence attacked the first one he attacked before and struck it, the creature now latching on the Clarence's targeting system. "Yeah! this one is going great. I think we got this battle." Clarence smiled and jumped back from the lizard, not letting it even think about attacking Clarence. 

HP List

Calrex: 85/85 (+7 Mitigation)

Lizard 1: 29/42 (Hate: Cal 3 / Cla 4) 

Lizard 2: 41/42 (Hate: Cal 3 / Cla 0)