PP - F7 Mountain Monster Slaying (Clarence) (Completed)

ID: 20282-20283

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1) = 6

Mob Dice 1: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 2: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

As Clarence scored yet another powerful strike on the first lizard Calrex gave a nod as he rushed forward, piercing the lizard in the side. However, both lizards clamped down on his arms, "Geeze I'm not tasty you freaks."

He gave a smirk under his helmet as he spun and swung both arms, flinging the lizards off him and to the side as he nodded to Clarence, "Let's focus on this one we've damaged already. That way we only have one to worry about."

With that he twirled his blade into a hammer grip as he focused on the first lizard.

HP List

Calrex: 83/85 (+7 Mitigation)

Clarence: 68/68

Lizard 1: 20/42 (Hate: Cal 4 / Cla 4) 

Lizard 2: 41/42 (Hate: Cal 3 / Cla 0) 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarence almost laughed. The Lizard's latching on to Calrex were almost comical, mostly because they did almost no damage to them. "Wow, you were not kidding with how good you are." Clarence smiled and nodded to Calrex. { Now it is my turn. Lets get the fight done with. Maybe go for more materials. } Clarence twirled his dagger, a habit, and hoped to god his luck would not run out.

ID: 20294

BD: 6 (4 Damage).

But, Clarence's luck was not soon running out, at least for this attack. Clarence swarmed the thrown first lizard, not giving it time to adjust to being throw into a rock wall. Clarence dived his dagger into the creature's side and dragged it down. Clarence ran on the rock face, trying to get away from the Lizard's attack, and he did. With the lizard's body finally get used to what happened, it had no idea what happened to it. "Your attack, good sir." Clarence offered up the fight with a light smile.

HP List

Calrex: 83/85 (+7 Mitigation)

Lizard 1: 16/42 (Hate: Cal 4 / Cla 5) 

Lizard 2: 41/42 (Hate: Cal 3 / Cla 0) 

ID: 20301-20302

Mob Dice 1: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

Mob Dice: 2: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

Calrex gave a nod as Clarence successfully delivered yet another successful strike to the lizard, "I guess wielding a dagger really does give the player a higher chance of landing a hit. I guess trading power for accuracy really paid off in Clarence's case."

Noticing that the lizards were beginning to shift their attention towards his teammate Calrex gave a calming breath as the aura chains formed around his limbs once again, spiraling like crazy as he stabbed the Grand Blade into the ground once again, unleashing his <<Howl>> ability. The resounding impact of the sword entering the ground was amplified by the chains around his arms and legs exploding as the lizards turned in response to the powerful noise that seemed to emanate from Calrex's armor.

"Alright, that should keep their attention on me."

HP List

Calrex: 83/85

Lizard 1: 16/42 (Hate: Cal 7 / Cla 5) 

Lizard 2: 41/42 (Hate: Cal 6 / Cla 0) 

Clarence twirled his dagger in hand, watching Calrex take down those lizards attacks with ease. { MAybe I should interest myself in mitigation and Hate skills. Probably not, being the center of attention makes me nervous and blush } Clarence sighed and looked at the mostly damage Lizard, over half its health already gone from it. "Luck don't fail me now." Clarence said, going straight forward into the heat of battle.

ID:20303

BD:2 (no damage).

Clarence's luck finally did run out in the end. He just hoped it would run out after this fight, maybe with a cute guy. Clarence charged at the lizard, but he finally caught on to Clarence's moves.. a little to well. It slithered around Clarence's attack with ease, but it attacking back was not as lucky. Clarence rolled out of the way of an oncoming bite, knowing he didn't really wan tto get bitten by one of this reptiles. "Win some you lose some. "Clarence shrugged, hopping for better next time.

HP List

Calrex: 83/85

Lizard 1: 16/42 (Hate: Cal 7 / Cla 5) 

ID: 20304-20305

Battle Dice: 10 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice 1: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice 2: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

"No worries, we've got more than enough breathing room to afford a couple of misses. Pick your battles wisely right?"

Calrex gave a calming breath as he focused on the first lizard before partially sheathing the Grand Blade into its scabbard as he assumed his modified iaido stance. After taking a second to focus he used his <<Sprint>> ability to almost instantly close the distance to the first lizard as his sword lit alight with a light blue hue as he unleashed a flurry of blows, becoming a blur of movement. After delivering about twelve strikes he sheathed the Grand Blade into the sheath once again, the lizard overlapped by the series of light blue slashes before the aura chains formed along their paths, as if he had bound the lizard. A split second after the chains exploded from the lizard as the monster fell on its back, barely clinging onto life. 

However, that lizard also quickly recovered as it latched onto Calrex's arm again, "Geezes what did I just say?" He grabbed the lizard by the neck before hurling it inbetween him and Clarence. At the same time he did he narrowly dodged the strike from the second lizard as he flew by behind him, "Alright, let's take this one down and get the next one."

HP List

Calrex: 82/85 (+7 Mitigation)

Lizard 1: 5/42 (Hate: Cal 9 / Cla 5) 

"Must be a taste really good." Clarence laughed as the Lizard got thrown. Clarence kicked the second Lizard away from him, focusing on the damaged one. { Now, If I do just right i could kill it right now... Hopefully I can } Clarence twirled his dagger in his hand { I really need a new dagger. Maybe a blacksmith could help out. Don't worry about that now. You got a fight to do. } Clarence went at the damaged Lizard.

ID: 20340

BD: 6(4 damage).

Clarence was having an okay fight. Only okay that is. Clarence charged the Lizard, that was only at 5 health. His dagger came down on its back and dragged upwards, damaging for almost all the health it has.. almost. "Why can't this be over with already." Clarence sighed in frustration. "Your turn." Clarence said with a light smile. Clarence got out of the attacking range of the Lizard, really not wanting to be hit by it.

HP List

Calrex: 82/85 (+7 Mitigation)

Lizard 1: 1/42 (Hate: Cal 9 / Cla 6) 

ID: 20344-20355

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1) = 2

Mob Dice 1: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice 2: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

As Clarence brought the first lizard's health down to only a sliver Calrex nodded as he rushed forward, doing a 360 turn before thrusting forward with a fierce stab with the Grand Blade. Unfortunately his attack landed far clear of the mark and even got the blade stuck in the boulder behind it, "Well, I guess that's what I get for being overzealous."

He gave a few tugs, feeling the blade loosen slightly, but then the first and second lizard both leapt up and managed to bite down on the areas between his shoulders and neck. However, the Grand Chariot held fast as the attacks dealt only as much as their lightest strikes did. Calrex gave a calming breath as he shook the two lizards off, giving a couple of tugs on the Grand Blade, "Darn it, it's gonna take some time for me to get this thing loose. Clarence, think you can finish that first lizard off?"

HP List

Calrex: 80/85

It seemed as though the Lizards were finally getting some luck. Calrex missed his attack and got his sword stuck into the ground, and the Lizards pounced on him like fresh prey. Clarence gritted his teeth lightly, seeing the Lizards latch on to Calrex... again. "Why do they like you so much! They should at least take you out to dinner first." Clarence laughed lightly at his joke.

ID: 20348

BD: 2 (No Damage).

That dang Lizard does not want to die, or they just can't land a hit. Following in the footsteps of Calrex, Clarence missed by a long shot. Hit dagger stabbed into the stone and missed the Lizard. Thankfully, they were already preoccupied with Calrex throwing them that they didn't attack Clarence. "Well, our luck sure has run out. I guess it is your time to kill the Lizard."

HP List

Calrex: 80/85

ID: 20359

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1) = 6

Mob Dice 1: 6 (Evasion +1) = 5 (Thorns Activation)

Mob Dice 2: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 19

"I know right? Geezes I'm not that easy bought, heh."

Calrex looked as the first lizard tried to take another bite at him, missing, but activating his Thorns ability as the monster flew by. The chain shards pelted the lizard as the last sliver of health disappeared, the creature dissipating into crystals.

Loot List

1 Material

Bonus Loot:

1 Material

210 col (Mob Health 42 * 5 col)

After eliminating the first lizard Calrex grabbed the Grand Blade with his sword arm, successfully pulling it out of the rock. At the same time the second lizard latched onto his arm again, Calrex giving a sigh as he stabbed his sword through the creature's abdomen as he pulled it off, slamming the lizard to the ground while extracting his sword, "Alright, one down. Now for this guy over here."

HP List

Calrex: 79/85 (+7 Mitigation)

Lizard 1: 0/42 (Hate: Cal 9 / Cla 6) 

Lizard 2: 32/42 (Hate: Cal 7 / Cla 0)

Clarence smiled lightly, the first Lizard was taken down. The thorns on Calrex's armor threw the creature off his armor and into the rock wall, killing it on connection. "Yes. Good job Calrex." Clarence smiled and targeted the second Lizard, who had not once this battle went to attack Clarence. { Calrex has been tanking this battle the whole time, hopefully i can help by killing this Lizard quickly. } Clarence looked at the Lizard, getting ready to attack,

ID: 20365

BD: 2 (No Damage).

Clarence was going down a rabbit hole of misses here. The first Lizard dying, finally, but the second one loves to dodge moves, especially Clarence's. Clarence charged with the dagger but it slithered away quickly. It his behind a rock from Clarence and he sighed helplessly. "Why am I getting the back luck now. At least one is down. Now for the second one." Clarence twirled his dagger to get ready to kill the mob.

HP List

Calrex: 79/85 (+7 Mitigation)

Lizard 2: 32/42 (Hate: Cal 7 / Cla 0)

ID: 20368

Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +1) = 11 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

"Heh, thanks, but really it was the armor that did it. Oikawa did an amazing job on the Grand Chariot."

Calrex watched as Clarence rushed in for another attack, but his attack flew clear as the lizard slid behind a rock to try and break their attention, "Huh, I haven't seen you try and throw your dagger just yet. I've heard that it's pretty useful if you want to give it a try. It would definitely throw off the AI, at least from what I've seen."

He activated his <<Reveal>> skill to see through the rock, tracking the lizard. Since it was trying to come around the other side to try and get him from behind Calrex flicked the Grand Blade into a reverse grip as he clenched his left hand, the yellow glow of his <<Martial Arts>> skill activating as he rushed forward. As the lizard's head poked out from the other side it was met with Calrex's fist, which slammed into its cheek, knocking the creature off balance. While it was recovering Calrex unleashed a flurry of slashes from his sword arm, accompanied by punches from his left, the streaks of light blue and yellow turning him into a blur of movement.

As Calrex brought his left arm back for a full windup of his punch the lizard seemed stuck for a second, the light blue aura chains forming where the slashes went before shattering simultaneously as Calrex drove his fist home, sending the lizard reeling. This was aided by the fact the lizard somehow managed to get a quick swipe at his armor, which triggered the explosive energy of his Thorns ability once again. "Alright, that should have softened it up. Go for it Clarence!"

HP List

Calrex: 78/85 (+7 Mitigation)

Lizard 2: 21/42 (Hate: Cal 9 / Cla 0)

Clarence was in an annoyed mood to say the least. he didn't let it show to Calrex, but he really was. Clarence took Calrex's suggestion to heart and he flipped the blade around in his hand quickly, staring at the Lizard. "I hope I can work out in this fight finally." Clarence said to Calrex off to the side. { come one Clarence, just one hit with the throw and maybe you can try throwing more, hopefully it would work out better for me in the end }

ID: 20373

BD: 1 (Damage = 0)

Three times a charm.. hopefully. With some annoyance in his veins Clarence threw his dagger, told by Calrex to do that, and aimed it at the Lizard. The AI in this game is smarter than it looks and the Lizard slithered around the flying metal, it clanging against the rock face loudly. Clarence sighed and ran to get it. "Maybe I can stop missing." Clarence rolled his eyes and sighed, laughing lightly.

HP List

Lizard 2: 21/42 (Hate: Cal 9 / Cla 0)

ID: 20377

Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +1) = 7

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

"Heh, it's alright. These things are definitely slippery to be sure. I wonder why they're in the mountains of all places, these are more like the movement patterns of amphibious reptiles."

As Clarence rushed to retrieve his dagger Calrex rushed forward, his left arm raised in preparation for the lizard's attack. To his suspicions the lizard leapt forward and gave his arm a quick scratch. However, the light blow triggered the Thorns ability once again, knocking the lizard back and exposing its belly. Calrex quickly exploited the opening and used his Plum Blossom Flourish attack, although unlit like he usually used it. The three strikes came out and struck the lizard, knocking it on its back as Calrex leapt back, "Alright, let's see if that makes it any easier to strike, heh. Go for it Clarence, tickle it with your dagger!"

"I think I might be having too much fun with this battle. Wel I guess being around Clarence does put me in a more light hearted mood. I guess that's just the kind of effect he has on people. It's a good thing to have for sure."

HP List

Lizard 2: 11/42 (Hate: Cal 10 / Cla 0)

"Go Calrex!' Clarence smiled and cheered Calrex on, him getting a hit on the Lizard. Bringing it down a large amount of health. { Calrex is such a strong player. And he is really getting into this fight. I wonder why... maybe he is just in a good mood now? Oh well, fun to see him have fun. Kind of lightens the mood a bit } Clarence twirled his dagger in hand and switch the holding of the blade. "lets try this again." Clarence mumbled, aiming it at the lizard, going for another throw.

ID: 20430

BD: 6 (4 Damage).

Finally, luck is back again. Clarence spun quickly in a 360 degrees circle and chucked the dagger, the blade almost homing in on the Lizard. The blade slide up the Lizard's back and it hit the wall, still creating a long red line down the whole back of the Lizard's back. "Finally a good throw." Clarence sighed and offered up the Lizard to Calrex, if you want to take the fight.. there you go." Clarence smiles at Calrex. { Maybe the Lizard will die next. Moving on to the next battle then. }

HP List

Lizard 2: 7/42 (Hate: Cal 10 / Cla 1)

Editing

ID: 20435

Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +1) = 10 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +1) = 5 (Thorns Activation)

Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 11 (Bonus Loot)

Watching Clarence's dagger go flying by and cutting the lizard Calrex gave an approving nod, "Nice shot! Alright leave this to me!"

With that he quickly accelerated forward using his <<Sprint>> skill as he unleashed a flurry of blows with his sword, leaving numerous cuts on the lizard as its health dwindled before reaching zero, the monster dissipating into crystals. Calrex gave a calming breath as he flicked the Grand Blade into a reverse grip, sheathing it back into its scabbard. After doing so he went over and grabbed Clarence's dagger, walking over and handing it back to him handle first, "Well that's two down. It looks like you're getting a hang of that throwing technique. I've only seen a couple of people use it effectively, but you're quickly getting the hang of it."

Roc descended and landed on Calrex's shoulder as the armored player gave a nod, "Alright, with that down let's divvy up the loot and move onto the next one. Sound good?"

Loot List

1 Material

Bonus Loot:

210 col (Mob Health 42 * 5 col)

HP List

Lizard 2: -4/42 (Hate: Cal 10 / Cla 1)

"Go Calrex" Clarence cheered as the last mob was murdered, expertly if he might add. As the monster dissipated into blue crystals and loot, Calrex turned to me. He asked about materials and Clarence thought about it. "Okay, 3 Materials and 420 Col. Hmm. 210 Col each but the Materials don't separate evenly. You get 2 and  get one. You did more of the work than I ever would have, So you ge tit. I will not take no for an answer." Clarence smiled and took 1 mat and half the Col, leaving the rest for Calrex. { Calrex is such a good friend. Hope he takes this as a gesture of good faith and friendship }

Calrex put a hand behind his head as he gave a nod, "Heh, thanks for the cheering. But please stop you're embarrassing me."

He made sure to speak in a lighthearted tone as he responded to Clarence's cheers as he turned back and walked over to him, "Hm, well if you're not gonna take no for an answer I guess I can't resist then huh?" With that he swiped on his menu as he finalized the distribution of the loot, putting his hands at his sides, "And hey, don't go selling yourself short. You dealt a lot of good hits on that first lizard for sure. I'm sure those things would be a walk in the park for you once your skills get a bit stronger."

With that he scanned around the area, "So, feeling up for some more battles or do you think you want to start making our way back to the settlement?"

"Thanks. I really need to work on my skills some more. going to get a new dagger soon. And, I have this new snazzy coat from Ariel that has some good stats too." Clarence smiled and playfully showed off the jacket that he had on. { Good battle, I guess he wants to head back to town, of course up to him. } Clarence thought to himself and holstered his dagger in its sheath. "Sure, we can go back to the settlement. If that is what you want to do of course." Clarence said to Calrex. "I have nothing else to really do myself to be honest. I am up for anything really. Also, how are you and Teayre? Haven't seen her in a bit, same with Skylar."

"Heh, it's just a suggestion. I'm really up for either. Besides I barely took any damage in that last fight. Those lizard bites were more like mosquito stings that anything else. If you're looking for a better dagger though one of my good friends Oikawa actually runs a blacksmith forge on the first floor called the Gurando Foji who makes some great equipment. He's made all of the gear I carry on my so far."

Calrex gave a friendly smile underneath the stoic face of his helmet as he looked around, "As for me and Teayre things have been going alright, at least from the last time I saw you. Unfortunately I haven't seen her as much recently because of guild duties and all, but we still try to make time to see each other."

Clarence nodded as Calrex talked about Teayre, and not seeing her in a while. {Yeah, I know how that is } "Yeah, haven't talked to Skylar in a while.. kind of worried about him really," Clarence said with a sad smile. {Hmm, back to the town or stay out here. Well, we cleared those Lizards pretty easily, why not stay out here } "Why not stay out here? As you said, the Lizards weren't that hurtful, so we could go for a couple more. Help you with your business and me finally getting some Mats for my shop." Clarence said, shrugging slightly. After he was done talking, Clarence started to scan the area around him. { Wait there are three, maybe we should take them on? } "There are three over there." Clarence said, gesturing to the right of the pair.