PP - F2 How Far We've Come <<Long Live the Queen>> (Field Boss Run Part 1) (Oikawa) (Completed)

Subject: Up For Another Training Session?

Sender: Calrex

Hey Oikawa, hope things are well on your end! I was wondering if you were feeling up for another training session. I was thinking that we go through all of the field boss quests so far and work our way up the ladder. I'm currently on the second floor, so let me know if you're up for it.

Calrex

After sending out the private message to his friend and fellow associate in the Spectrum Coalition Calrex looked around the settlement of Urbus. He was clothed in his casual combat clothing at the moment, the Grand Blade strapped to the back of his hip and the Ocean's Defense necklace around his neck. In addition he bore the Ultramarine Bade pinned to his left breast pocket.

"I'd like to see how far we've come from before. I still remember the first time Teayre and I took this quest and actually had a fairly interesting time fighting the queen. Now with the strength we're all at I'm sure the monster of that time would be a cakewalk now."

"Roc."

In a flash of blue light his peregrine falcon familiar descended from the skies as he landed in front of Calrex, "I guess it's been a while since we've seen Oikawa and King. Hope the two of them are doing well."

"I figured this would be a good idea. It's not uncommon to see people needing to re-take quests that are repeatable in order to push themselves to the next level, especially when regular training becomes more tedious for little return."

With that he walked towards the teleportation circle, Roc taking up into the air and swooping over to circle above the teleportation plaza. Upon arrival Calrex rested on a nearby bench.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ding! A message notification popped on the blonde's HUD as he relaxed about in his shop. Opening it, he glanced over the content and grinned. Another boss run eh? Sounds fun. Typing up a response, Oikawa gathered King and headed out the door. Padded steps could be heard as the blonde rushed through the crowd. Although he wasn't in a rush per say, he felt the need to actually run about. The teleportation gate came into view as he skidded into the plaza. Slowing his pace, he walked to the gate and stepped through it. "Floor 2. Urbus" A flash of bright light erupted into view before quickly fading out and showing him the view of the city of Urbus. He instantly spotted the bluenette on a near by bench and headed for him. Hand waving, he spoke "Long time no  see Cal. How've you been?"

Calrex looked over as he heard a familiar voice approach him, a friendly smile coming across his face as he saw Oikawa and King come into view. He gave a wave as he looked up for a second, "Roc, come on down."

Coming in at a speed that seemed over 200 miles per hour Roc descended from his aerial position, coming to a quick stop as he landed on Calrex's shoulder. Calrex walked over, responding, "Hey Oikawa, yeah it has been a long time hasn't it!"

As he got closer his eyes widened in surprise for a second, seeing a guild symbol next to Oikawa's name, "Things have been about the same with me, but it looks like something new has happened to you! That guild symbol looks a lot like the late Azure Brigade's symbol. I guess it really has been a while huh?"

"Of course that guild stuff is not as significant to me as much anymore. As long as he's content with his choice I'll always have his back."

"In any case shall we get moving? We've got a date with a queen."

"Too long my friend. Though I've seen him before I don't think I've met Roc. Nice too see you have a companion of your own. I'm sure things are still awkward however given Bele's unfortunate end. That aside, yes I seem to have been recruited into the revived Azure Brigade and internally I still have a soft spot for guilds but furthermore, it put me in good graces with the strongest in Aincrad and that serves a much larger goal. But don't fret my ties to you and Teayre will always remain. Guild or not."

Going through his gear, he made sure everything was ready before allowing Calrex to lead the way. "A date with the queen aye? I haven't danced the dance of battle with her in a while. Lets not be late." he commented with a jovial grin. 

"Oh, I haven't introduced you yet? My bad, here let me do it now. This is Roc, a blue peregrine falcon. His name comes from the mythological giant bird of prey. I figured it would be a good match. But yeah, it's going to be some time before we're able to move on from losing Beleram. Nonetheless in order to become stronger I needed Roc's sharp eyes."

As Oikawa explained that the Azure Brigade was revived Calrex gave a nod as he pointed to the deep-sea blue badge pinned to his jacket pocket, "Well I'm not worried about that. Even if I'm one of the Rook pieces of Absolute Pin I still bear the Ultramarine Badge, as I'm sure you still carry the Citrine. You can count on me no matter what affiliation."

With that Calrex nodded and equipped his Grand Chariot armor as the two made their way to the gates of Urbus. Since he still had the badge equipped the small kite shaped piece of metal seemed to merge with the armor, as it it were inset into the chest plate, "So how do you want to go about this? Since I've kind of gone into a bruiser build I can draw the queen's attention while you can focus on wailing on it."

"Not officially no, but pleasure to meet you Roc, " the blonde said as he acknowledged the azure avian. Oikawa grinned as Calrex noted that like himself, no matter the affiliation, the badges pinned to their armor signified that they are a unit through thick and thin.

The two fiddled with their respective gear before deeming themselves prepared and exiting the plaza. Calrex raised a question as they neared the gates to the fields and forests of Floor 2. "Your plan sounds good! We both know I don't like getting hit anyway. You tank and deal and I'll deal extra haha. Also I just realized that even though King has Healer, I've yet to use it ever. It's interesting to say the least. Anyway, if I recall correctly..We need to kill 3 wasps at the least before we can find the Queen right?" 

"Huh, maybe? The last few times I've done it, including the first time when I completed it along Teayre we engaged the queen directly. Only that time did we ever have to fight something other than just the queen. However, if that's the case it should be a problem at all."

As the two neared the cave that housed the wasp colony Calrex gave a nod to Oikawa, "If that's the case let's take care of them quickly. I'll draw the three of them out at once and we can clear them out."

As Calrex entered into the cave he gave a calming breath as he activated his <<Howl>> ability in preparation. As he primed it he saw the three wasps within range become targeted as the spiraling chains formed around his limbs. He drew the Grand Blade in a reverse grip, holding it high over his head, the chains spiraling even faster. As he slammed the blade into the ground the sound of it entering the rock was amplified by the chains exploding from his body. The sound was comparable to a sonic boom combined with an otherworldly monster roar. The three wasps turned to face Calrex as he gave a smirk underneath his helmet.

With that he headed back towards the mouth of the cave. Roc was already hovering over Calrex and focused on the three wasps, his fierce eyes reflecting in Calrex's as he saw his vision sharpen, as if someone had turned up the definition of the cave, "Alright, go for it Oikawa. I've got these three's attention."

HP List
Calrex: 85/85
Oikawa: 73/73

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 1: 42/42 (Hate: C 3 / O 0)
Wasp Solider 2: 42/42 (Hate: C 3 / O 0)
Wasp Solider 3: 42/42 (Hate: C 3 / O 0)

Good now leave the rest to mwah!" exclaimed the blonde, as he quickly drew his crimson blade, Kyuketsuki, and dashed forward. Focusing on the first wasp, he wall ran towards them and kicked off the rocky cavern wall. Using his increased momentum, a crimson arc sparked through the air as the digital wasp was sent tumbling to the ground a little further back. Standing over the insect, his glare turned cold signaling that he wouldn't be taking any of these mobs lightly. "Cal-sama, switch. I'm going to enjoy hunting for once haha!"

[19873] BD: 8 (5+3)

HP List

Calrex: 85/85

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 1: 34/42 (Hate: C 3 / O 1) -8  HP

ID: 19875-19877

Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +1) = 7

Mob Dice 1: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice 2: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

Mob Dice 3: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

"Sama? Since when did you start using with an endearing honorific with me there?"

Calrex gave a joking response to Oikawa's address as he watched the young man rush forward, using what looked to be a new sword as his weapon. After Oikawa retreated from his attack Calrex gave a long calming breath, focusing as the emotions in him resonated, like a calm for a raging storm. The wasp that his teammate had just struck became locked in his view as he rushed forward using his <<Sprint>> ability, quickly closing the distance. As the wasp saw Calrex appear it shot its stinger forward, striking the Grand Chariot with a critical strike. However, even with such a powerful hit the attack barely scratched Calrex as he released a quick broad slash.

After completing his strike he quickly turned as he saw the other two wasps come flying at him, quickly using his <<Acrobatics>> to avoid their strikes with a quickly dodge to the side followed by a back hand spring, landing next to Oikawa, "Alright, switch! Go for it!"

HP List
Calrex: 84/85 (+6 Mitigation)

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 1: 25/42 (Hate: C 4 / O 1)

Not even hesitating to marvel is comrade's aerial display, Oikawa dashed back into the fight as the vanguard. Planting his foot onto a rock growing from the cave, he vaulted over the mob and spun a full 360 degrees as his rapier tore into the first wasp yet again. Kicking the wasp aside, he motioned for Calrex to enter the battle once more as he jumped back towards the mouth of the cave. "Let's keep it up Cal, these things are nothing for us." 

[19880] BD: 7 (4+3)

HP List

Calrex: 84/85

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 1: 17/42 (Hate: C 4 / O 2) -8  HP

ID: 19882-19884

Battle Dice: 2

Mob Dice 1: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation

Mob Dice 2: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

Mob Dice 3: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

Calrex gave a nod as he rushed in once again, quickly closing the distance towards the first wasp again. As he landed his eyes saw that the third and first wasp were already preparing to strike simultaneously while the second wasp stayed back.

"Using mob tactics. This is different from before. I'm guessing it's because these are of higher level than the ones of beginning ranks. Better brace for impact."

Flicking the Grand Blade into a reverse grip Calrex brought his arms in an X guard as the two stingers flew forward. While both struck true, neither strike was any stronger than the first one that connected against Calrex. In fact the first wasp's stinger triggered the Thorns ability of the Grand Chariot armor as the light blue aura chains appeared around his sword arm before erupting into shards, pelting the wasp as Calrex leapt back, "Good thing they've got their attention on me. Go for it Oikawa!"

HP List
Calrex: 82/85 (+6 Mitigation)

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 1: 16/42 (Hate: C 4 / O 2) (+1 Thorns)

Oikawa watched as Calrex tanked the wasps with easy and grinned knowing he couldn't have chosen a better partner for this run. Lunging forward,  Oikawa back kicked the first wasp away from Cal so he could engage it once more. The wasp seemed eager to do battle as it zoomed towards the blonde with it's stinger pointing forwards. Ducking, the blonde deflected the piercing stinger with his shield. Knocking it aside, he followed up with a Critical thrust to the torso forcing the wasp  to crash into the cave wall. "All yours Cal!"

[19887] BD: 9 (9+3)

HP List

Calrex: 82/85

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 1: 7/42 (Hate: C 4 / O 4) -9  HP BLD 0/2

ID: 19891-19893

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1) = 6

Mob Dice 1: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice 2: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

Mob Dice 3: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 10 (No Bonus Loot)

Calrex watched as Oikawa's strike sent the first wasp flying into the wall as he gave a calming breath. Immediately following the wasp's impact he used his <<Sprint>> ability to close the distance before combining it with his <<Acrobatics>> ability, his sword poised for a stab as he flew in a straight line at the wasp. The first wasp recovered as its wings flapped rapidly to keep itself hovering. As Calrex got into striking range the two thrust forward with their respective attacking implements, both hitting dead on. However, the wasp was now clad in any kind of armor as it was impaled into the wall by the Grand Blade. The critical hit struck, but it didn't even leave a dent in the Grand Chariot as it dissipated into crystals.

After slaying the first wasp Calrex leapt back onto the ground. As he was righting himself the third wasp flew by, immediately followed by the stinger of the second wasp barely grazing his armor. However it was enough to trigger the Thorns ability once again as the back of his chestplate was surrounded by the aura chains before exploding, pelting the second wasp with broken shards. Immediately Calrex turned and locked his sights on the second wasp, "Switch!"

Loot List

1 Material

HP List
Calrex: 80/85 (+6 Mitigation)

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 1: -2/42 (Hate: C 5 / O 4) 
Wasp Solider 2: 41/42 (Hate: C 3 / O 0) (+1 Thorns)

Oikawa watched on as Calrex tangoed with the wasps. He managed to kill one off as he evaded another and clashed with the other. The battle was definitely in their favor as they whittled away at the HP of each wasp one after the other. Reacting to the call for a switch, the blonde weaved himself in between the pair of wasps and focused on the second one. His blade leaving behind a red slash as it whistled through the air and returned to his side. Although wounded, the wasp attempted to puncture the Faint, but a few solid side-steps allowed him to evade the predictable attacks. Jumping back, he walked towards Cal and placed a hand on his armored shoulder, "Should I really even call for a switch at this point? Keke, your turn my azure friend."

[19895] BD: 10 (7+3)

HP List

Calrex: 80/85

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 1: Dead
Wasp Solider 2: 33/42 (Hate: C 4 / O 1) -8 HP

ID: 19896-19897

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1) = 9

Mob Dice 1: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

Mob Dice 2: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

"Heh, maybe not. After all the times we've battle I think we've gotten the hang of our attack rhythms. Besides, it'll make us more unpredictable right?"

As Oikawa stepped back Calrex rushed in as he flicked the Grand Blade into a hammer grip, his eyes trained on the second wasp. As he got into striking range he did a full 360 turn as he thrust his sword forward, successfully piercing the wasp in the abdomen. At the same time the third wasp came from behind as the two remaining creatures both took a jab at Calrex. While both managed to hit, they triggered the Thorns ability once again.

"You'd think the AI would start to learn. I guess not."

Since both had struck the chest plate that particular part was enveloped in chains before erupting, pummeling both creatures with the shards. With that Calrex leapt back, twirling the Grand Blade in his hand before tossing it into the air, catching it as it fell in a reverse grip.

"Alright, now to wait for the next opening..."

HP List
Calrex: 78/85 (+6 Mitigation)

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 2: 23/42 (Hate: C 5 / O 1) (+1 Thorns)
Wasp Solider 3: 41/42 (Hate: C 3 / O 0) (+1 Thorns)

As Calrex was finishing up, Oikawa made his move. Dashing around behind the Grand Chariot wearer, he immediately bee-lined for  him as he jumped back. With the lightest of steps, the blonde launched himself from the bluenette's shoulder and directed his flurry of jabs right at the second wasps. Red cuts soon erupted across the mobs body as it was stricken with blows. Soft panting escaped from Oikawa as he landed in between the wasps and Calrex. Wiping  his mouth, a grin cracked along his face as he watched the wasp's HP bar drop.

[19898] BD: 10 (7+3)

HP List

Calrex: 78/85

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 2: 15/42 (Hate: C 5 / O 2) -8 HP
Wasp Solider 3: 41/42 (Hate: C 3 / O 0)

ID: 19899-19900
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1) = 9
Mob Dice 1: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)
Mob Dice 2: 6 (Evasion +1) = 5 (Thorns Activation)

As Calrex watched Oikawa strike at the second wasp, rushing forward as he did a zig zag motion to cut across the creature's abdomen. However, as he did the wasp recovered and tried yet another pincer strike and stabbed simultaneously with the third wasp. The second wasp successfully managed to lightly tap the Grand Chariot, but the third just barely missed as Calrex shifted his hip to the side to move his upper body out of the way. However, both triggered the Grand Chariot's Thorns ability once again as the aura chains formed and burst, sending shards in both directions.

With that he quickly shifted so that he was back-to-back with Oikawa, "Well this is still looking to be a cakewalk so far!"

HP List
Calrex: 77/85 (+6 Mitigation)

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 2: 6/42 (Hate: C 6 / O 2) (+1 Thorns)
Wasp Solider 3: 40/42 (Hate: C 3 / O 0) (+1 Thorns)

[19925] BD: 10 (7+3)

LD: 9

As Calrex's thorns wore off, Oikawa dashed in head down. Rapier slicing through the wind, the de-pixelization of the wasp could be heard as he flicked his blade out to the side before pointing it at the final wasp. "You're next my friend."he said as he dashed back to Calrex and nodded. This is a literal cake walk. Way easier than last time if you ask me. I think this will be good for us to break in our new gear, though I need to finish making Cal's armor haha. Ah I suppose we'll cross that bridge . Bringing his thoughts to a close, he returned his focus to the task at hand.

HP List

Calrex: 78/85

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 2: Dead
Wasp Solider 3: 41/42 (Hate: C 3 / O 0)

[Oikawa - The Faint received 1 material.]

ID: 19929

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1) = 6

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

As the second wasp dissipated into crystals Calrex nodded as he rushed in and slashed across the third wasp. As he did the wasp turned and followed him sending a stab at the Grand Chariot once again. Just like all of the other strikes it dealt only scratch damage to Calrex as he turned and nodded to Oikawa, "All yours buddy, heh."

HP List
Calrex: 76/85 (+6 Mitigation)

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 2: -2/42 (Hate: C 6 / O 4)
Wasp Solider 3: 31/42 (Hate: C 4 / O 0)

[20004] BD: 10 (10+3)

Oikawa wasted no time in following up Calrex's strike as he dashed past the bluenette and faced the wasp. Stinger ready, the yellow jacket bee-lined for the blonde. Using his shield, he deflected the initial attack and smacked the the wasp into the cave wall. Rocks erupted from the wall, as the insect collided with the surface. Immediately lunging forward, the blonde plunged his blade in the Mob and sliced outward as he retreated to give Cal some attack space. The Bleed status effect icon appeared along the bug's HP bar, signifying he had more than just injured the Mob.

HP List

Calrex: 76/85

Enemies:
Wasp Solider 2: Dead
Wasp Solider 3: 21/42 (Hate: C 4 / O 2) -10 HP BLD 0/2